LMU c/o 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm in the c/o 2021 facebook group and there are 64 members, but some of those are current LMU students. So I think they have accepted between 50-60 or so, so there are still spots open (going off of that). Again, I declined my seat for another school, and I wouldn't be surprised if those with early acceptances plan on doing the same. There's still hope for you who haven't heard yet!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
So are we saying if you haven't been called, emailed or had a letter this week you can say your wait-listed or rejected? They had like 115 spots! How can they have filled them that quick???

No I don't think so, I highly doubt that the class is completely full at this point. I would jump to that so quickly haha

Reactions: 1 user
So are we saying if you haven't been called, emailed or had a letter this week you can say your wait-listed or rejected? They had like 115 spots! How can they have filled them that quick???

Definitely not saying that. They would have already sent out their wait-listed and rejected lists if they had filled the entire class already..I would assume anyway. I'm just driving myself crazy, do not let me get you paranoid and scared! I apologize if I did that, I just need people to vent to that understand the process. lol I really wish that we could all anticipate an acceptance but unfortunately that is not the case, having said that I wish all of you the best of luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder if they read this and see us all going crazy??

some schools do keep tabs on these forums haha, so that'd be pretty funny.

Genell just posted the itinerary for "accepted students day" on the c/o 2021 Facebook (March 24th).... this makes me nervous :nailbiting:

Genell just posted the itinerary for "accepted students day" on the c/o 2021 Facebook (March 24th).... this makes me nervous :nailbiting:

Well..I guess it's safe to say we will know really soon..I reckon we didn't make the cut? :( Either that or we were wait-listed? That's super depressing.

Well..I guess it's safe to say we will know really soon..I reckon we didn't make the cut? :( Either that or we were wait-listed? That's super depressing.

I'm sure theres still hope! It just means we are closer to knowing :)

Maybe they do watch this thread because after I posted on here about it, it got removed from the Facebook group page. Maybe it's unrelated but it makes me wonder!

Reactions: 2 users
I'm sure theres still hope! It just means we are closer to knowing :)

Maybe they do watch this thread because after I posted on here about it, it got removed from the Facebook group page. Maybe it's unrelated but it makes me wonder!

Why did you change your picture? Not that I'm obsesses with this thread or anything

Why did you change your picture? Not that I'm obsesses with this thread or anything

Hahaha. I found that picture online and thought it was cute, I love Charmander <3

Members don't see this ad :)
So as far as we know they only made phone calls on one day?

Exactly, I doubt they called over 100 people in one day. We all just need to take a deep breath and sit tight.

You're right. Also, I love your profile picture.

Reactions: 1 users
Since no one has heard anything in a few days anyone wanna place bets they're snail mailing the rest or acceptances? Hahaha

Since no one has heard anything in a few days anyone wanna place bets they're snail mailing the rest or acceptances? Hahaha

The last email they sent out said everyone would receive an email with a decision. That being said, to all the folks on here who have been accepted, did you receive an acceptance email?

The last email they sent out said everyone would receive an email with a decision. That being said, to all the folks on here who have been accepted, did you receive an acceptance email?
That's at least better than snail mail hahaha. Bets on the day then?

My birthday is this upcoming monday so I hope I get the best present anyone could give me. If not my birthday the 17th. That is when I got accepted to my undergrad. Luck of the Irish:luck:

That's at least better than snail mail hahaha. Bets on the day then?

Agreed! The anxiety is killing me..... I will be optimistic and bet this Friday :D

@oconno07 Happy early Birthday!

Last edited:
My birthday is this upcoming monday so I hope I get the best present anyone could give me. If not my birthday the 17th. That is when I got accepted to my undergrad. Luck of the Irish:luck:
Yassss luck of the Irish :luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

Or maybe not all of the people being accepted are checking this thread? I reckon that could be a possibility, but it's probably more likely that they could be waiting until this weekend? I'm pretty sure they have accepted more than half of the class already, granted not all of those will accept the offer, but that is what is making me go crazy!

P.S. I have an interview at Auburn this Thursday..super nervous about that too!!

Yeah I'm sure a lot of kids aren't on this forum. I keep checking the LMU c/o 2021 facebook page. There are still 65 members and a lot of them are already students there.

I don't think they have even filled half the class yet honestly. Idk gut intuition talking here haha but I've always been pretty spot on when I do trust it. I think something's brewing and we'll hear by the end of the week *finger's crossed*. It'd definitely make this 70hr work week better haha

Last edited:
I don't think they have even filled half the class yet honestly. Idk gut intuition talking here haha but I've always been pretty spot on when I do trust it. I think something's brewing and we'll here by the end of the week *finger's crossed*. It'd definitely make this 70hr work week better haha

I'm so hoping you're right!! :) I would LOVE to hear this week!

I don't think they have even filled half the class yet honestly. Idk gut intuition talking here haha but I've always been pretty spot on when I do trust it. I think something's brewing and we'll here by the end of the week *finger's crossed*. It'd definitely make this 70hr work week better haha

I hope so. 2017 has been a pretty crap year for me so far. I need something positive in my life!

Ditto - I never received anything via email - only phone call & snail mail.

They are probably waiting until all seats are filled and then will send out one email to everybody with more information.

Yea I only got a phone call, and then a little acceptance letter. But I did get an e-mail concerning matriculation about a week after my letter, with instructions how to put down the deposit etc. But never an official e-mail of acceptance.

I remember being in this position last year. A lot of people in my class (2020) got their phone calls in April (probably because everyone was telling schools if they were going there or not and they had seats to fill). I received mine on April 12th. They were actually still filling seats a week into class . Don't lose hope yet and keep calm.

Reactions: 3 users
I remember being in this position last year. A lot of people in my class (2020) got their phone calls in April (probably because everyone was telling schools if they were going there or not and they had seats to fill). I received mine on April 12th. They were actually still filling seats a week into class . Don't lose hope yet and keep calm.

You were told you were on the wait list I assume prior to that?

Just declined my seat to attend my IS school :) Best of luck to everyone!!

Reactions: 3 users
You were told you were on the wait list I assume prior to that?
Actually I don't think I was told if I was on a wait list. I think because our "decision day" was April 15, I was "still in the running". I received my call on Tuesday (April 12) and had until Friday (April 15) to pay them to save my seat. I don't think they put you on a wait list until after the day that everyone has to decide on a school only because people are still deciding where to go and depending on the school, a lot will change within a few weeks (as mentioned before probably 25-40 people in my class were accepted in April). Depending on how this year went for applications and stuff, a lot of seats might open up or only a few seats might open up and if they do, it will probably be around April when people start committing to schools. I have a friend who will be going here in c/o 2021 and he applied to 4 schools and LMU was the only one to accept him so he will going here and other people I know got into 5 schools and they haven't decided yet. I know that when I applied last year, you had until April 15 to decide what school so I don't know if a school saying that you are wait listed and then being pulled off before that day means you have to put money down by that day or not. I know that if you get accepted after that day the schools will make their own rules as to how long you have to decide. If you have had an interview and haven't heard anything yet, I would assume you're still in the running and you might not hear anything until April. You can contact them to make sure your information is correct and to see if you missed anything but other than that I don't know what to tell you. I mean, if you're told you're wait-listed then that means you will be sitting waiting to be pulled off the list and that could be right away or maybe not at all. The saying is no news is good news so try to stay positive :)

Last edited:
Actually I don't think I was told if I was on a wait list. I think because our "decision day" was April 15, I was "still in the running". I received my call on Tuesday (April 12) and had until Friday (April 15) to pay them to save my seat. I don't think they put you on a wait list until after the day that everyone has to decide on a school only because people are still deciding where to go and depending on the school, a lot will change within a few weeks (as mentioned before probably 25-40 people in my class were accepted in April). Depending on how this year went for applications and stuff, a lot of seats might open up or only a few seats might open up and if they do, it will probably be around April when people start committing to schools. I have a friend who will be going here in c/o 2021 and he applied to 4 schools and LMU was the only one to accept him so he will going here and other people I know got into 5 schools and they haven't decided yet. I know that when I applied last year, you had until April 15 to decide what school so I don't know if a school saying that you are wait listed and then being pulled off before that day means you have to put money down by that day or not. I know that if you get accepted after that day the schools will make their own rules as to how long you have to decide. If you have had an interview and haven't heard anything yet, I would assume you're still in the running and you might not hear anything until April. You can contact them to make sure your information is correct and to see if you missed anything but other than that I don't know what to tell you. I mean, if you're told you're wait-listed then that means you will be sitting waiting to be pulled off the list and that could be right away or maybe not at all. The saying is no news is good news so try to stay positive :)

Looking at last year's thread, it looks like people got a waitlist or rejection email on 3/2.

FWIW two years ago I was waitlisted in mid March (had interviewed in February). I'd decided I would hold out until May, then ask to be removed from it so I could stop worrying about it and commit completely to grad school instead. At the end of April, LMU actually emailed me first saying the class was full and they were only keeping a few on the waitlist; I wasn't one of them. So, while you don't necessarily find out your actual waitlist position, unless things have changed, they'll tell you you're waitlisted well before the April 17 deadline, and they won't keep you hanging on the waitlist if you have minimal chance of coming off.

FWIW two years ago I was waitlisted in mid March (had interviewed in February). I'd decided I would hold out until May, then ask to be removed from it so I could stop worrying about it and commit completely to grad school instead. At the end of April, LMU actually emailed me first saying the class was full and they were only keeping a few on the waitlist; I wasn't one of them. So, while you don't necessarily find out your actual waitlist position, unless things have changed, they'll tell you you're waitlisted well before the April 17 deadline, and they won't keep you hanging on the waitlist if you have minimal chance of coming off.

That IS extremely helpful! Thank you!

Thank you! It's very good to know we won't be hanging in the wind for a couple of months or so after the deadline if there's no chance of acceptance!

I'm surprised we haven't heard anything yet. I have gratefully already been accepted to an amazing school, but would like to hear back from every school until I decide. LMU is the one I'm waiting on.

As the days keep passing with no calls or updates my patience and sanity continues to dewindle hahaha

Reactions: 4 users
As the days keep passing with no calls or updates my patience and sanity continues to dewindle hahaha

54856123.jpg

Reactions: 4 users