-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
LMU c/o 2021
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
No, sorry got confused haha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just curious, has anyone gotten a rejection letter yet?
No, I got an email today stating that my app is still in review.
nope but did receive an email yesterday saying that I was still in a pool to be considered for interview
What exactly did your email say? I am just wondering if we got the same..
HelloWhat exactly did your email say? I am just wondering if we got the same..
I hope you enjoyed your holiday weekend. I am writing to give you a quick updated on where we are in the admissions process here at LMU-CVM.
If you have not heard yet whether or not you will be invited for an interview it means your application is still in the queue to be reviewed. I do not have an exact timeline on when we will finish all of the application reviews but please know that it is being done as quickly as possible. We will be interviewing through February so it is possible you won’t hear from us until after Christmas break. As a reminder, each applicant will receive an email letting them know whether or not they have been selected to interview.
I appreciate your continued patience with this process.
Thank you,
Genell Patterson Wheeler, EdS
Director of Student Services and Admission
I'm being hopeful here, but has anyone heard back who interviewed on the 26th like I did? I know they said March but I'm very impatient haha.![]()
I interviewed Nov. 2nd I believe and I still have not heard anything....I'm getting so impatient too

I interviewed Nov. 2nd I believe and I still have not heard anything....I'm getting so impatient too![]()
I interviewed November 21st. I thought they said that admissions decisions wouldn't be out until March?
For those of you that visited, was anything said about the new vetmed building? I visited about two years ago and they obviously hadn't broken ground yet. Just wondering what progress has been made. Still waiting on an interview, fingers crossed!
Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
They have blue pipes and the ground has been cleared for it. They were very excited about the big blue pipes being delivered haha.
They have blue pipes and the ground has been cleared for it. They were very excited about the big blue pipes being delivered haha.
Well that's a start haha. Hope I get an interview.
Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
they said that we could get decisions sooner, it depends how quickly they fill the accepted seats from the earlier interviews! So they said we would hear by march at the latest, but possibly soonerI interviewed November 21st. I thought they said that admissions decisions wouldn't be out until March?
Hello
I hope you enjoyed your holiday weekend. I am writing to give you a quick updated on where we are in the admissions process here at LMU-CVM.
If you have not heard yet whether or not you will be invited for an interview it means your application is still in the queue to be reviewed. I do not have an exact timeline on when we will finish all of the application reviews but please know that it is being done as quickly as possible. We will be interviewing through February so it is possible you won’t hear from us until after Christmas break. As a reminder, each applicant will receive an email letting them know whether or not they have been selected to interview.
I appreciate your continued patience with this process.
Thank you,
Genell Patterson Wheeler, EdS
Director of Student Services and Admission
![]()
Ok, mine said the exact same. I just got confused because you wrote that you were still in line to get interviewed.. However maybe this email is just to update us and haven't even looked at our app yet..
has anyone else gotten on a phone call yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
aw that's awesome, congratulations!! what day did you interview? if you don't mind me asking
aw that's awesome, congratulations!! what day did you interview? if you don't mind me asking
November 2nd
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
If they call what does the number show up as, I hate answering numbers I don't know, but I don't want to miss their call lol
If they call what does the number show up as, I hate answering numbers I don't know, but I don't want to miss their call lol
My cell phone showed it as "Cumberland Gap TN." I also tend to not answer unfamiliar numbers, but I decided to make exceptions for numbers from areas near schools I've applied to haha.
Perfect!! Thanks!!!My cell phone showed it as "Cumberland Gap TN." I also tend to not answer unfamiliar numbers, but I decided to make exceptions for numbers from areas near schools I've applied to haha.
It should be "423-869-xxxx"-that's the typical university prefix.
Gah - I still havent heard anything - just got the email that states your application has not been reviewed yet. GEEZE!
Gah - I still havent heard anything - just got the email that states your application has not been reviewed yet. GEEZE!
I got the email about a week ago. The wait is killing me! I really hope I get an interview because LMU is one of my top choices for OOS.
I know this wait has been so long and agonizing! I really love this school and hope I get an interview soon
I feel like we need our own thread "Still Waiting...." lolI got the email about a week ago. The wait is killing me! I really hope I get an interview because LMU is one of my top choices for OOS.
Congrats to all of you who've been accepted. For those of us still waiting, do we know if any rejection emails have been sent yet? I interviewed in October and I'm anxiously waiting.
Congrats to all of you who've been accepted. For those of us still waiting, do we know if any rejection emails have been sent yet? I interviewed in October and I'm anxiously waiting.
I interviewed in November and I haven't heard anything either, I'm so nervous!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to all of you who've been accepted. For those of us still waiting, do we know if any rejection emails have been sent yet? I interviewed in October and I'm anxiously waiting.
I interviewed in November and I haven't heard anything either, I'm so nervous!!
I don't know about any rejections, but my thinking is that they would accept a certain amount from each interview day (since they've already started and a lot of people haven't interviewed) and keep the rest of the people in the pot still to fill spots after all the interviews are done. To give the people who were still great but not the tippy top at their interview day a chance still. But that's just my thought process and could be totally wrong though.
So I am still waiting to hear anything from LMU. I got the email saying my app is still in review, but people are already getting accepted haha. So is LMU a school that will let us know a result either way? I wonder if every school lets you know your result either way, but maybe not all. I know last year my friend applied to Kansas and never heard anything from them. So at that school they keep you in limbo, and if they don't want you you don't send you a rejection, they just don't send anything.
Last year, they sent out waitlist/rejection emails in march and then those who got accepted heard between their march deadline and april/may/june. Typically, schools do not send out those emails until after march 15. Texas A&M is my IS, and they notify rejections and interviews only during that last week of school in December (right before they leave for break), and then only send out acceptances/rejections after March 15.So I am still waiting to hear anything from LMU. I got the email saying my app is still in review, but people are already getting accepted haha. So is LMU a school that will let us know a result either way? I wonder if every school lets you know your result either way, but maybe not all. I know last year my friend applied to Kansas and never heard anything from them. So at that school they keep you in limbo, and if they don't want you you don't send you a rejection, they just don't send anything.
Last year, they sent out waitlist/rejection emails in march and then those who got accepted heard between their march deadline and april/may/june. Typically, schools do not send out those emails until after march 15. Texas A&M is my IS, and they notify rejections and interviews only during that last week of school in December (right before they leave for break), and then only send out acceptances/rejections after March 15.
So it's possible LMU may not send anything?
So I am still waiting to hear anything from LMU. I got the email saying my app is still in review, but people are already getting accepted haha. So is LMU a school that will let us know a result either way? I wonder if every school lets you know your result either way, but maybe not all. I know last year my friend applied to Kansas and never heard anything from them. So at that school they keep you in limbo, and if they don't want you you don't send you a rejection, they just don't send anything.
To my knowledge, if you have not heard anything by the end of January then you either didn't get in or will be on the waitlist. You will find out rejections and wait lists in March. I say that because the final interview will be in february and they have been giving a months notice for interviews, so roughly if you have not heard mid-to end of January it will be either a rejection or wait-list.
To my knowledge, if you have not heard anything by the end of January then you either didn't get in or will be on the waitlist. You will find out rejections and wait lists in March. I say that because the final interview will be on february and they have been giving a months notice for interviews, so roughly if you have not heard mid-to end of January it will be either a rejection or wait-list.
They will send a rejection or wait list though. They will let you know something in March regardless of whether or not you get in.
In the emails I have received (no status change) they said that if you haven't heard anything, it's because no decisions have been made yet. They also said they would notify you either way, rejected or accepted. Which is nice seeing as they could just leave you completely hanging lol
Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
This admissions process doesn't seem as organized as other schools I applied to. It seems unfair to send out acceptance notifications when they have not yet reviewed all of the applications. This waiting is horrible 🙁
I agree with the fact that they shouldnt be sending out acceptances, until everyone has interviewed.This admissions process doesn't seem as organized as other schools I applied to. It seems unfair to send out acceptance notifications when they have not yet reviewed all of the applications. This waiting is horrible 🙁
I agree with the fact that they shouldnt be sending out acceptances, until everyone has interviewed.
I agree with this as well.
Not me yet, but the first two groups heard after ~1 month, so if they stick with that it would be in another 2 or so weeks.Has anybody from the 21/22 November interview group heard anything?
Has anybody from the 21/22 November interview group heard anything?
nothing yet!
Who all hasn't been scheduled for an interview yet? I wonder how many applicants they had this year.
I haven't posted on this forum much but I am constantly reading it to keep me sane- thanks guys 🙂
I haven't posted on this forum much but I am constantly reading it to keep me sane- thanks guys 🙂
To make all of us who are still waiting to hear back feel a little better, my good friend who got accepted last year to LMU didn't get her interview invite until the week before Christmas. And she said that she knew someone who didn't get theirs until January. So there's definitely still hope!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No interview invite yet either!
So I hadn't posted about it, but I guess I should. I had been given an interview on November 22nd but something came up and I wasn't able to attend. I contacted them and they said "we don't have our spring interview dates set but I can contact you when I do." That was on November 16 and I haven't heard back. I received that same general checking in email from them on Nov 29. So I think those of you that haven't heard at all yet are still in fine shape.
For those wondering, this email was just sent out about decisions:
"The Admissions Committee is busy reviewing all of the applicants who interviewed this fall. As a reminder, most admissions decisions will not be sent out until March. There may be a few sent out before then but the majority will be sent after all of the interviews are complete. Please remember there is no reason to worry about whether or not you will hear from LMU – we will contact every applicant with a final admissions decision."
"The Admissions Committee is busy reviewing all of the applicants who interviewed this fall. As a reminder, most admissions decisions will not be sent out until March. There may be a few sent out before then but the majority will be sent after all of the interviews are complete. Please remember there is no reason to worry about whether or not you will hear from LMU – we will contact every applicant with a final admissions decision."
Who all hasn't been scheduled for an interview yet? I wonder how many applicants they had this year.
I haven't posted on this forum much but I am constantly reading it to keep me sane- thanks guys 🙂
They e-mailed me before Thanksgiving asking about one of my pre-reqs and I thought they would have sent something to me by now, but still nothing. I've been checking my email all the time since then!!
