-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
LMU c/o 2025
Started by arialexis
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Thank you!I think the last Q&A will be this coming Wednesday?
I'm curious to know how many people were offered interviews this year. During the Q&A someone from admissions mentioned they had the 2nd or 3rd most applications of all the schools this cycle.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I actually sent an email to Montana yesterday morning asking for an idea of a timeline. I haven't gotten a reply yet, but I'll update everyone if I do hear back.Sooooooooo.....is anyone else itching to hear back from LMU!?I hope we hear back in a couple of weeks..
DVMhopefulof???
Full Member
You are so kind, thank you!!! ❤️I actually sent an email to Montana yesterday morning asking for an idea of a timeline. I haven't gotten a reply yet, but I'll update everyone if I do hear back.
DVMhopefulof???
Full Member
I didn't have a camera on my big monitor, but I did see some people wear a nice shirt or blouseTo all those that have already attended the Q&A, did you all dress how you did for your interview or was it more casual?
DVMhopefulof???
Full Member
wait @spark11 , is this the last Q and A session of this cycle? If that's the case then does that mean that they are not sending anymore invites? (asking for a friend)
D
deleted1068313
I did not have my camera on. Most people who had their camera on dressed nice, but not wearing a suit.To all those that have already attended the Q&A, did you all dress how you did for your interview or was it more casual?
felinedvm98
Full Member
Maybe this is a dumb question, but are you talking about the Q&A like the day after the interview or was there a separate one?To all those that have already attended the Q&A, did you all dress how you did for your interview or was it more casual?
jackfrost21
LMU CVM c/o 2025
Any word from Montana? I'm about to bug him too, but want to see if there's any news first.I actually sent an email to Montana yesterday morning asking for an idea of a timeline. I haven't gotten a reply yet, but I'll update everyone if I do hear back.
No response :/Any word from Montana? I'm about to bug him too, but want to see if there's any news first.
DVMhopefulof???
Full Member
Here me out, Hear me out.. but do you think Montana is not answering because they are probably making a new list of acceptances, waitlists, etc? I am only saying that because last year's class hear back on Feb 10, but who knows lol.
Buckeyevethopeful
Full Member
My friend in the Masters program at LMU is getting interviewed on the 8th, so we have another week at least until we hear something. Im not sure of any other interview dates outside of that. Maybe itll be about the 10th again
It could be and that would be great. Last year only a select amount heard in February and the rest heard in March. But last year they did a whole round of interviews (not just the masters program) in February which I don’t believe they are doing this year.Here me out, Hear me out.. but do you think Montana is not answering because they are probably making a new list of acceptances, waitlists, etc? I am only saying that because last year's class hear back on Feb 10, but who knows lol.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
But also I agree. As much as I appreciate coming here to find answers, emailing and asking solely about timelines might be hurting your chances. They are most likely getting close to being in the final stages of deciding acceptances and the deciding factor between one student and another could be that that student worded an email in a way that rubbed the recipient wrong. Good luck to everyone and I know how nerve wracking the wait is as this is my second cycle but be patient.It could be and that would be great. Last year only a select amount heard in February and the rest heard in March. But last year they did a whole round of interviews (not just the masters program) in February which I don’t believe they are doing this year.
Hi guys! I haven’t been on in a bit but wanted to jump on and send so much love and well wishes to you all! Hope you ALL hear the answers you want in the coming days! [emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590]
JaredH
Full Member
Hey guys, I did my interview in in the middle of December. In the q and a session I asked about a general timeline. Obviously December interviews were not considered in that group because they sent out acceptance letters the next day. At that point they indicated that people would hear something between January and March. That being said, LMU’s process of accepting people and interview process is unique. This is my second cycle applying. Last year I only applied to my instate school as a junior. This year I applied to many schools. LMU seems to be the only one who sends out interviews and acceptance letters in chunks along the way. From my understanding they have only sent out interviews request for January and the first round of denial letters. Waiting is hard. News could come any day from LMU. I just keep telling myself no news is no news and that means I still have a pony in the race. Best of luck to everyone and I hope we all get in!
DVMhopefulof???
Full Member
Crossing fingers and toes that we might hear back either today or this week! 🙏 🤞
felinedvm98
Full Member
Really? For some reason I thought that we weren’t going to hear back until March 😂 now I’m stressing haha 😂Crossing fingers and toes that we might hear back either today or this week! 🙏 🤞
DVMhopefulof???
Full Member
like @JaredH mentioned, that LMU is unique in that they are sending out invites and acceptances in chunks. We may all hear back from March but looking at previous threads, some heard back today last year. It's literally any day now. Because who knows, even though they are still interviewing master students, they might hear back in March but those who did the interview last year still needs to hear back.Really? For some reason I thought that we weren’t going to hear back until March 😂 now I’m stressing haha 😂
jackfrost21
LMU CVM c/o 2025
So I've been rejected from nearly everywhere I applied without an interview but my IS (waiting on the decision), SGU and LMU. I thought I was doing alright because I had an October interview but didn't get an acceptance in December so that worries me. Waiting till march is going to KILL me. Anyone have wise words or promising statistics to help the probably 2ish week more wait?
Do know that the acceptances that went out in December are early, and only like 50 or so. A non-insignificant number of them may decline due to getting into a cheaper school, like an IS option! You haven't been rejected yet, so you're still in the running! Also, I'm not sure how many times you have applied, but I was waitlisted at LMU last year, and rejected from my IS following an interview and rejected from everywhere else without one. This year I got an early acceptance to LMU and am waiting on another decision from my IS option AND got an interview with Purdue! Don't feel super discouraged if you don't get in the first time, it can take a couple tries because of how competitive it is. Keep your head up and continue to do what you can to better yourself as an applicant, they love to see improvement! 🙂So I've been rejected from nearly everywhere I applied without an interview but my IS (waiting on the decision), SGU and LMU. I thought I was doing alright because I had an October interview but didn't get an acceptance in December so that worries me. Waiting till march is going to KILL me. Anyone have wise words or promising statistics to help the probably 2ish week more wait?
Try not to be discouraged. I interviewed at the first interview date in October and am a LMU undergrad. I haven't heard anything from them yet either and neither have several of my other friends here.So I've been rejected from nearly everywhere I applied without an interview but my IS (waiting on the decision), SGU and LMU. I thought I was doing alright because I had an October interview but didn't get an acceptance in December so that worries me. Waiting till march is going to KILL me. Anyone have wise words or promising statistics to help the probably 2ish week more wait?
felinedvm98
Full Member
I'm in the same boat. I interviewed at LMU in November and at LIU today. I am on the waitlist at VAMD but otherwise have been rejected from many (many) places. I know the December acceptances were limited, but it's been nerve-wracking that there's been no other word from them. I am trying so hard to stay positive because it's not over until it's over, but I'm really struggling. Hopefully, we'll both hear good news soon! 🙂So I've been rejected from nearly everywhere I applied without an interview but my IS (waiting on the decision), SGU and LMU. I thought I was doing alright because I had an October interview but didn't get an acceptance in December so that worries me. Waiting till march is going to KILL me. Anyone have wise words or promising statistics to help the probably 2ish week more wait?
Does anyone know how many people they have interviewed so far? Interviewed back in November... Anxiously awaiting decisions!
A masters student said we wouldn't know until Mid-late March rip
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
DVMhopefulof???
Full Member
I don't know if I can make it to mid-March lolA masters student said we wouldn't know until Mid-late March rip
I don't know details about your specific situation; however, don't give up! I interviewed at LMU last year and sadly didn't get in, but if that happens, you just apply again. You'll get in where and when you're meant to whether it is now or in the future. If you don't get in, take the time to work on yourself and grow your skills by expanding your experience!So I've been rejected from nearly everywhere I applied without an interview but my IS (waiting on the decision), SGU and LMU. I thought I was doing alright because I had an October interview but didn't get an acceptance in December so that worries me. Waiting till march is going to KILL me. Anyone have wise words or promising statistics to help the probably 2ish week more wait?
desperatevetstudent
Full Member
were you a December acceptance?I will be giving up my seat at LMU. Hope one of you guys get the spot! Good luck everyone 🙂
I will be as well! Good luck y’all!I will be giving up my seat at LMU. Hope one of you guys get the spot! Good luck everyone 🙂
their website says its most recent year had a 97% pass rate. From what they told us in the q&a, they send us off to private clinics that they have agreements with and we do our clinical in a more private setting compared to a teaching hospitalAny current students that can give insight to how clinicals work or how the school does on the NAVLE?
They also have a contract with UGA vet and have some people do parts of their clinical rotations there
were you a December acceptance?
Yes. I interviewed in October and received my acceptance in early December. LMU looks like a wonderful school but my instate is cheaper which is my main reason.
Rogiebella13
Full Member
Anyone else developed some strange superstitions while waiting for vet school decisions? I refuse to take off the necklace I wore for my interview 😂
jackfrost21
LMU CVM c/o 2025
I really just need to know one way or the other so I can get my life plans moving :')Anyone’s anxiety increasing lately 😅
Check your emails! Just got an acceptance! 🎉
DVMhopefulof???
Full Member
Did anyone else not get anything? 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
csartain7
Full Member
i didn'tDid anyone else not get anything? 🙁
Same. Maybe they're doing it in waves?i didn't
I didn’t either 😕i didn't
DVMhopefulof???
Full Member
Maybe they were part of the February wave.. I am going through hurricane-like winds atm so my internet is botchy! I keep refreshing my emails.. 😂I didn’t either 😕
BUT CONGRATS ON THE ACCEPTANCE YOU GUYS!! 🎉
..do we email them and ask about it? I just want to know if I should be hopeful or notMaybe they were part of the February wave
Similar threads
- Replies
- 323
- Views
- 52K
I hope we hear back in a couple of weeks..