This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How many interview dates have already passed?
I think our tour guide said this past Friday was the last one for the fall, and that there’s 2 more in the spring

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I feel like if they are hoping to send out acceptances by march then they would have to have the last interview date(s) within the next month or two. But I'm almost thinking they may not have any more interview dates left to be honest :(

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I feel like if they are hoping to send out acceptances by march then they would have to have the last interview date(s) within the next month or two. But I'm almost thinking they may not have any more interview dates left to be honest :(
when I was there they told me they have one more interview day left

Members don't see this ad :)
it seems like different people are being told different things in regards to how many interview dates are left

Hey guys! I just thought I would pass along some numbers regarding this application cycle I was told at the interview day this past Friday

1700 applicants
6 interview dates
96 applicants invited to each date = 576 applicants interviewed
115 is the expected class size
50 early acceptances will be sent out before Christmas, the rest of decisions they hope to send out by the beginning of March
So I guess they wont be interviewing any more folks?

So I guess they wont be interviewing any more folks?

I would not be able to answer that, unfortunately, because I don't know exactly how many interview dates they have had thus far. This was all the info the admissions recruiter gave me when I asked how many applicants they planned on interviewing.

I would not be able to answer that, unfortunately, because I don't know exactly how many interview dates they have had thus far. This was all the info the admissions recruiter gave me when I asked how many applicants they planned on interviewing.
When I interviewed (Oct 26th) one interview had already occurred and I had the choice between Oct 26th and Nov. 2nd. My friends then had the choice of Nov. 9th or Nov. 30th but they filled fast so they got moved to Feb. 1st which is the last interview day I believe. That would make sense too because I heard they had 6 interview dates

Reactions: 1 users
Reactions: 3 users
Since I didn't see this being discussed, I wasn't sure if current applicants are aware, and it seems like important information to have re: LMU's accreditation status for you all in particular

Midwestern earns U.S. accreditation while Lincoln Memorial waits

This page has a link to the official decision from September, but unfortunately doesn't have any more details on why
https://www.avma.org/ProfessionalDe...ation/Colleges/Pages/colleges-accredited.aspx
LMU does not have their own on campus facilities yet, which is one of the only reasons I can think of. I'm just speculating but that may be why. I want them to succeed, heck my vet mentors first year (1990) at UF they had issues with accreditation and UF is fully accredited now so who knows.

LMU does not have their own on campus facilities yet, which is one of the only reasons I can think of. I'm just speculating but that may be why. I want them to succeed, heck my vet mentors first year (1990) at UF they had issues with accreditation and UF is fully accredited now so who knows.

I know when I interviewed there, they said it was not in their plan to have a teaching hospital now or in the future. I’m not sure if that’s why or if there’s another reason.

I doubt the lack of a teaching hospital in and of itself would be the reason (my own opinions about that aside) since Western is accredited and works with the same model.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I doubt the lack of a teaching hospital in and of itself would be the reason (my own opinions about that aside) since Western is accredited and works with the same model.

Thanks, I didn’t know that!

I know when I interviewed there, they said it was not in their plan to have a teaching hospital now or in the future. I’m not sure if that’s why or if there’s another reason.

I wonder why not? I hope they can get their accreditation as they are less expensive than western and have a good outlook on animal health

Since I didn't see this being discussed, I wasn't sure if current applicants are aware, and it seems like important information to have re: LMU's accreditation status for you all in particular

Midwestern earns U.S. accreditation while Lincoln Memorial waits

This page has a link to the official decision from September, but unfortunately doesn't have any more details on why
https://www.avma.org/ProfessionalDe...ation/Colleges/Pages/colleges-accredited.aspx
What would happen if they lose the temporary accreditation? You’ve spend a quarter of a mil on a DVM that is worthless? Do students currently enrolled get to finish?

I wonder why not? I hope they can get their accreditation as they are less expensive than western and have a good outlook on animal health
When I went to go interview this issue was addressed and I was basically told at the end of their 1st 4 years graduating they were inspected and told to fix a few minor things ie hire some more staff and get their own rooms (they share acting out scenario rooms with the DO school) both of which are in the process of being fixed. They have been and still are hiring more staff as well as have been building a new building for the vet school (expected to be finished this January) in which client scenarios can be acted out.

What would happen if they lose the temporary accreditation? You’ve spend a quarter of a mil on a DVM that is worthless? Do students currently enrolled get to finish?
The currently enrolled students are protected. That's why they have to stop admitting students if they drop to terminal accreditation.

The gray area that I can't quite figure out is because of the timing when provisional accreditation runs out, if they do get dropped to terminal, I'm not sure if students who are accepted and plan to start next fall will be able to.

Reactions: 2 users
if they do get dropped to terminal, I'm not sure if students who are accepted and plan to start next fall will be able to.

I would imagine they would all be protected. I think that once they go to terminal, that's when students would no longer be protected.

The currently enrolled students are protected. That's why they have to stop admitting students if they drop to terminal accreditation.

The gray area that I can't quite figure out is because of the timing when provisional accreditation runs out, if they do get dropped to terminal, I'm not sure if students who are accepted and plan to start next fall will be able to.
I would hope so given people have already spent almost 200 dollars in application fees, and even more in travel/accommodations for those who got an interview

When i was there they said that accreditation was 99% there. The new building is what they are waiting on to get the final say so which like someone said is due to be finished in January. Enough students passed the NAVLE that it really is just a few minor things. They don’t have a teaching hospital but they don’t need it with the shelter dogs as the hospital patients. Plenty of hands on work.

Like I said I don't know, there aren't any super specific details about it anywhere, it just says if they lose provisional status they must immediately cease enrollment of additional students. But looking at the other documents I think that would happen in September, so c/o 2023 people would already be enrolled and therefore safe.

Reactions: 2 users
Like I said I don't know, there aren't any super specific details about it anywhere, it just says if they lose provisional status they must immediately cease enrollment of additional students. But looking at the other documents I think that would happen in September, so c/o 2023 people would already be enrolled and therefore safe.
Basically, @ any LMU 2024 hopefuls reading this thread or who read it in a few months, DONT SUBMIT FOR LMU UNTIL YA KNOW FOR SURE

Last edited:
When i was there they said that accreditation was 99% there. The new building is what they are waiting on to get the final say so which like someone said is due to be finished in January. Enough students passed the NAVLE that it really is just a few minor things. They don’t have a teaching hospital but they don’t need it with the shelter dogs as the hospital patients. Plenty of hands on work.

I'm not going to open the teaching hospital can of worms on the school's own thread haha
Just hadn't seen anybody talking about the accreditation status and figured students applying there might want to know about it if they hadn't heard, especially since the administration declined to comment publicly on the reasons and has not yet published their NAVLE pass rates, beyond apparently talking about it during interviews.

I guess the best way overall to think about it is. All the schools had to go through a process. It’ll all work out.

I'm not going to open the teaching hospital can of worms on the school's own thread haha
Just hadn't seen anybody talking about the accreditation status and figured students applying there might want to know about it if they hadn't heard, especially since the administration declined to comment publicly on the reasons and has not yet published their NAVLE pass rates, beyond apparently talking about it during interviews.

Every single applicant in this thread should reach out to the school and ask for a comment on this. Because the school has not released details on NAVLE pass rate or the general findings of their COE, there is no way to know why they were not yet awarded full accreditation. In the link to the VIN article, it appears repeated attempts to get a public statement from multiple individuals at LMU (including the Dean's office) were stonewalled and left unanswered. If the issue were as mundane as the admissions people have told those in this thread, don't you think the Dean's office would be happy to comment publicly and assure all that the issue is small and easy to remedy? Either they have some other more difficult to address issue, or they don't care enough to make sure the public (you!) is plainly given an honest answer.

You are going to potentially spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on a veterinary school education. You should not be satisfied with a "no comment," or not having access to NAVLE pass rates.

Reactions: 6 users
Every single applicant in this thread should reach out to the school and ask for a comment on this. Because the school has not released details on NAVLE pass rate or the general findings of their COE, there is no way to know why they were not yet awarded full accreditation. In the link to the VIN article, it appears repeated attempts to get a public statement from multiple individuals at LMU (including the Dean's office) were stonewalled and left unanswered. If the issue were as mundane as the admissions people have told those in this thread, don't you think the Dean's office would be happy to comment publicly and assure all that the issue is small and easy to remedy? Either they have some other more difficult to address issue, or they don't care enough to make sure the public (you!) is plainly given an honest answer.

You are going to potentially spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on a veterinary school education. You should not be satisfied with a "no comment," or not having access to NAVLE pass rates.

The pass rates were put on the website i think yesterday

Also, no one has to accept anything till April. They have plenty of time to get graphs together and type up an article about it. It’s only December. I’m not going to sit here and bother them non-stop. That’s not fair them.

The pass rates were put on the website i think yesterday

Nice, thanks for the heads up. Here is the LINK for those curious. I would still be concerned about the lack of public comment by the school on this issue. There is a reason why they were not granted full accreditation and their unwillingness to publicly and clearly explain why would be exceptionally troubling to me, if I was applying.

Yeah it was 87.4%. Still on the low end but above the 80% required for accreditation.

Yeah but as a friend of mine pointed out. Tuskegee’s is 85% and they haven’t posted for several years.
Also Ross is on probation for its low scores. And other schools are being watched.

Nice, thanks for the heads up. Here is the LINK for those curious. I would still be concerned about the lack of public comment by the school on this issue. There is a reason why they were not granted full accreditation and their unwillingness to publicly and clearly explain why would be exceptionally troubling to me, if I was applying.

Also a friend of mine said it best. The article just came out and they don’t need to make a hasty comment making them seem worse. I feel like we should give the school time to answer and not blow them up. It won’t make them answer faster.

And still means that ELEVEN of their 87 students didn’t pass either in November/December OR April. That is not good.

How is that not good? A majority of the class passed. And a large majority at that. It’s their first Navle. Also not knowing what hardships the students may have had prior to testing.

How is that not good? A majority of the class passed. And a large majority at that. It’s their first Navle. Also not knowing what hardships the students may have had prior to testing.

Have you seen the national average where most every other vet school is performing at or above? And it being the first navle isn’t a reason to not have your students prepared. You should be teaching them well enough in your curriculum where it doesn’t matter if it’s the first year or or fortieth. That’s ELEVEN people who didn’t pass either time they took it. That pass rate isn’t first time passing, that’s the combination of both the exam dates during that school year. Thats the school not teaching well enough that ELEVEN people are not passing either time. Yeah, it’s more than they needed for accreditation, but it’s still not good.

Hardships shouldn’t matter since it included BOTH testing dates.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

It should be higher. Navle costs almost $700 each time you take it, and you must pass it in order to gain a veterinary license. They should be in the 90's. No ifs, ands or butts.

Reactions: 7 users
Have you seen the national average where most every other vet school is performing at? And it being the first navle isn’t a reason to not have your students prepared. You should be teaching them well enough in your curriculum where it doesn’t matter if it’s the first year or or fortieth. That’s ELEVEN people who didn’t pass either time they took it. That pass rate isn’t first time passing, that’s the combination of both the exam dates during that school year. Thats the school not teaching well enough that ELEVEN people are not passing either time. Yeah, it’s more than they needed for accreditation, but it’s still not good.
have you looked at tuskegee? 85%
Lsu dropped to 91% at one point
UGA 90% on their first one and it went up from there.
schools that have been open for quite some time have fluctuating scores. i feel like you aren't giving them credit where its due. the school is top fo the time with fantastic equipment and facilities. I feel like their NAVLE pass rates will go up within the next few years. no program is perfect on their first try.

schools that have been open for quite some time have fluctuating scores. i feel like you aren't giving them credit where its due. the school is top fo the time with fantastic equipment and facilities. I feel like their NAVLE pass rates will go up within the next few years. no program is perfect on their first try.
I never said there weren’t schools who were also starting to perform at lower rates. I’m saying it’s not good when a school has eleven people not passing either try.
This post about MWU just about sums everything up.

Y'all can do with those numbers what you want. But 91% is NOT good. It means in a class of 100, NINE people didn't pass the NAVLE. That's a test that in most vet schools students essentially expect to pass. In a typical school, there's maybe 1 or 2 students tops who don't pass, usually not because they're ill prepared but because they just suck at this particular testing type. If close to 10% of your class fail (after giving 4 years to weed out people for whom vet school wasn't right for them), there's something wrong with the program and/or they're admitting noncompetitive applicants and passing them through. If you've read posts from people who didn't pass the NAVLE here, it's heartwrenchingly devastating. It's not something you want to go into wondering if you'll pass. Like, you can get 35-45% of the questions WRONG on the NAVLE and still pass, so if you don't pass it, something went horribly wrong.

It is what it is. As long as I pass (if I even get into vet school) then that's all that matters to me. These numbers are important to a lot of people, and these schools are very competitive to get into. I just think there's so much negative stigma around this school. Its a nice school, as is most of the vet schools in this country. I wish the rate was better, but I'm optimistic for the future of LMU-CVM.

It is what it is. As long as I pass (if I even get into vet school) then that's all that matters to me. These numbers are important to a lot of people, and these schools are very competitive to get into. I just think there's so much negative stigma around this school. Its a nice school, as is most of the vet schools in this country. I wish the rate was better, but I'm optimistic for the future of LMU-CVM.
The biggest problem I have with that number right now is the cost of attendance for that school. If you pay all that and then at the end fail to pass the licensing exam, that is huge. I like a positive attitude, but the negativity you are experiencing comes from a place of knowledge about vet med. You simply should not go in blindly thinking everything will be okay when there is a major problem sitting out front.

The biggest problem I have with that number right now is the cost of attendance for that school. If you pay all that and then at the end fail to pass the licensing exam, that is huge. I like a positive attitude, but the negativity you are experiencing comes from a place of knowledge about vet med. You simply should not go in blindly thinking everything will be okay when there is a major problem sitting out front.
considering I don't even have a vet school in my state. this schools price isn't bad. They only way I can get instate is by a contract seat which, lets be honest, is really hard to get. I have to have OOS schools be some of my top choices because I do not get much of a choice when it comes to instate. In a state my size with as many universities as there are, you have more than 500 students competing for 75 contract seats. Odds aren't in ANYONES favor.
EDIT: also LMU is a private school which have endless benefits like no tenure so professors care, no OOS fees, and etc.

There is a simple fix to all of this. Just don't go if you have a problem. It's that simple. Let someone who likes the school and sees where they are headed take your spot.

Sent from my SM-G965U using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
What was midwesterns pass rate for the NAVLE?

Pre vets have a tendency to wear those rose colored glasses. You need to learn to listen when there is a concern brought up by those that have come before. It is fine if you like the school, and if you insist on paying an exorbitant amount to go to school, that is your prerogative. Just be aware of the hardships and fine print that comes with it.

This has all been said before, so I'll leave it at that. I wish everyone well in their endeavors and hope for all the best down the road.

Reactions: 11 users
The main thing is to make sure you pick a vet school that meshes well with the way you learn and study. I made that mistake. I was a VM1 and had to withdrawal out of the program. It was the hardest thing I have ever done. Don't make that mistake.

The main thing is to make sure you pick a vet school that meshes well with the way you learn and study. I made that mistake. I was a VM1 and had to withdrawal out of the program. It was the hardest thing I have ever done. Don't make that mistake.

im so sorry. I don't know what I would do if I had to do that honestly. I want to choose a school I feel works well with me, I think you are right about that for sure. thanks for your insight!

EDIT: also LMU is a private school which have endless benefits like no tenure so professors care, no OOS fees, and etc.

Implying that because it is "private" the professors care more is like implying that revolution kills animals because one died three days after getting it.

Private school doesn't = good/caring professors
Just like public school doesn't = awful/uncaring professors.

Yeah, no OOS fees, just one large exorbitant tuition regardless of where you come from, not better if you ask me. I wouldn't consider this a "positive".

There are other options if you are OOS everywhere, I was too. You apply to those schools that let you gain IS tuition after the first year. No, I didn't do that, but I sure as **** wish I had.

Reactions: 4 users

No one is saying this is okay either. That's the reason there's provisional accreditation. The students applying to those schools should point blank ask what's being changed to correct for that poor score level, and the students attending sure as heck should be holding the school accountable as well. And, at least the attending students, do.