Melee WW Game Thread-April 2024

Started by kaydubs
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cause seriously the only major thing is that theres a wolf between zenge, samac, and I. which i would argue isnt impactful considering, for example, you dont agree with that based on your list.
like yes its d1 and people havent really shown up but its just interesting
I didn say I agreed much with the content per se. They also tried to signal the afks and I know it isnt much. But I can get the feeling of them trying to go *somewhere* with what they posted instead of just dipping and posting whatever which is what I read from most of the slots that made few posts. So between the low posters psv stood out and am not gonna ignore it
 
Kit kats are the only thing I eat weird, I think everything else is normal. Aside from when I was a kid, I used to cut now and later's into half repeatedly (like eat half, then a quarter, then an eighth) etc until I couldn't cut it up anymore so that I could enjoy it now and later.

How do people eat their Reese's here??


Omg that sucks!!! I am so sorry 🙁
its all good! i wouldnt have gotten to learn about how everyone eats candy otherwise!! can i ask what you think of the current votes on the board?
 
we are continuing the terrible trend of me posting a lot. please come back and fix this. i think ive posted more during this cycle than i did in the entirety of Casino
I like this trend keep going Im rroting for you!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Baaaah

UNyeet genny
Yeet Cyndia
Big Sky Flirt GIF by ABC Network
 
its all good! i wouldnt have gotten to learn about how everyone eats candy otherwise!! can i ask what you think of the current votes on the board?

Seems okay?
Genny, samac - posts from these two seem normal
mkg - your activity level excuse makes sense to me so okay with your posts otherwise

Neutral
Dy, Zenge, PSV - nothing swaying me either way here

Eh?
Santy - might just be some stranger danger since I haven't played with them before so just keeping a close eye there
MsP -but this might be bias from previous games because I always have wolfy vibes on her since I can't read her well with low posting)
Clem - Aside from the joke(?) sheeple vote, no substance there so I'd need to see more before I move off

Not here yet: alley, stagg

Overall I'd prefer to vote for a lower poster on the low end of my list since it's been so long since I've played, I don't totally trust my gut feels. I'd rather keep someone around that's going to be active and hopefully easier to read into later.
 
explain yourselves
Cyndias has posted quite a bit and not a single post of them had impacted me a bit in one way or another. Feels a little bit floaty.

And was recent posting here in thread so a good vote to make wagon and see what happens yesyes
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Seems okay?
Genny, samac - posts from these two seem normal
mkg - your activity level excuse makes sense to me so okay with your posts otherwise

Neutral
Dy, Zenge, PSV - nothing swaying me either way here

Eh?
Santy - might just be some stranger danger since I haven't played with them before so just keeping a close eye there
MsP -but this might be bias from previous games because I always have wolfy vibes on her since I can't read her well with low posting)
Clem - Aside from the joke(?) sheeple vote, no substance there so I'd need to see more before I move off

Not here yet: alley, stagg

Overall I'd prefer to vote for a lower poster on the low end of my list since it's been so long since I've played, I don't totally trust my gut feels. I'd rather keep someone around that's going to be active and hopefully easier to read into later.
Is zenge not normal? Why are they in a tier below genny/samac?
 
@samac what are your current reads/thought? I think you are engaging mostly on thread but being really low in giving reads to thread so wanna know where your head is at
 
Genny, samac - posts from these two seem normal
Can you expand on what you’re saying is “normal”

I’m not necessarily disagreeing I’m just looking for a bit more clarification about your thought process
 
Normal and asking good questions, just hasn't answered much himself and I always get fooled by him, so I like to keep him in neutrals till I see more.
Are there questions I’ve been asked that I’ve missed and failed to answer?
 
Can you expand on what you’re saying is “normal”

I’m not necessarily disagreeing I’m just looking for a bit more clarification about your thought process

It's purely vibes from their thread chatter, so I don't have a good underlying answer for that. And it's not a firm I feel great about them, just they're higher up on my okay list.
 
Normal and asking good questions, just hasn't answered much himself and I always get fooled by him, so I like to keep him in neutrals till I see more.
Good questions? Which comes to mind?

Specifically Im having trouble with samac in that she has been more bland/null-ish in what they engage so far so just want to know which posts or questions made you feel good about her
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good questions? Which comes to mind?

Specifically Im having trouble with samac in that she has been more bland/null-ish in what they engage so far so just want to know which posts or questions made you feel good about her
Comparing to zenge specifically, I feel like when they engage or ask something they also put a bit of their read/view on the game.

F.e. when they asked me about MKG early they stated a townread, or when questioning the ms p reads saying they look normal so far
 
Comparing to zenge specifically, I feel like when they engage or ask something they also put a bit of their read/view on the game.

F.e. when they asked me about MKG early they stated a townread, or when questioning the ms p reads saying they look normal so far

Wait what do you mean comparing to zenge - I said the good questions thing in reference to zenge?
 
Oh wait you mean my read. Truly this is just me having residual PTSD from the skeleton army since that was one of the last games I played where Zenge pulled a hat over all of us. So I'm just not going to put him in my village list until I see more. Genny and Samac as I said it was just their general vibes and nothing of substance giving me my feels, which is why I titled that category 'seems okay?'. It's only D1, I'm rusty, so take those feels with a grain of salt.
 
Wait what do you mean comparing to zenge - I said the good questions thing in reference to zenge?
You said that samac+genny were asking good questions.
I asked about clarification on samac because I feel like most of them are null/bland questions just to chatter and not inputting real reads or developing a view.

I then compared to zenge questioning which I see with more good eyes because when they question something their reads/view of the game are sparkled between them, and I provided examples about it.
 
You said that samac+genny were asking good questions.
I asked about clarification on samac because I feel like most of them are null/bland questions just to chatter and not inputting real reads or developing a view.

I then compared to zenge questioning which I see with more good eyes because when they question something their reads/view of the game are sparkled between them, and I provided examples about it.
Nope, reread that - that was about Zenge.
 
Nah, more so that I think no one has really questioned you yet. What's your reads list so far?
It’s pretty fluid this early on but people I’m 🤨 currently include:

Santy: for the soft very early village read of MKG, when I generally find MK to be more complex of a person to read, the genny vote which felt like a throw away, and now the Cyndia sheep which feels bouncy and flaily.

That being said, I’ve seen Santy wolf and this isn’t his normal wolf meta so like… idk what to do with that.

Clem for the sheep vote but that’s such a small thing to go on this early, but it makes me 🤨 all the same. But I really don’t like eyeballing what feels like LHF D1 so I’m also very conflicted about even mentioning it here right now.

Everyone else I’m more or less 🧐 right now, because it’s still early.

🤔 > 🧐 > 🤨 for the record
 
Ah now I see it. Somehow I took it the "normal and asking good questions" as an elaboration on the genny+samac read, and the next sentence talking about zenge.

Skill issue moment my bad
 
Im curious about what you think my normal wolf meta is like tbh.

And also, I think in a game which was mostly stiff with a lot of people not talking much not voting some players D1 because LHF I feel like it could be more harmful for town
 
Im curious about what you think my normal wolf meta is like tbh.

And also, I think in a game which was mostly stiff with a lot of people not talking much not voting some players D1 because LHF I feel like it could be more harmful for town
F.e. while Im raising some eyebrows at Samac, I recon that is far better to engage with them and see where that lead us and yeet a LHF today instead of going 'no genny is a LHF I better vote my other candidate' that could lead to just killing a towny voice on thread and making the gamestate more stiff than it already is
 
Like, I dont think anyone has strong reads or a good gamestate sense so far to correctly justify not going for someone because they are LHF so just treat everyone equally tbh
 
Also for the genny vote I still stand by my postion that is a slot hard to read to me so stonks as a shrugyeet + I think their read about the pregnant woman emoji vibe being similar is just fake /shrug
 
Im curious about what you think my normal wolf meta is like tbh.

And also, I think in a game which was mostly stiff with a lot of people not talking much not voting some players D1 because LHF I feel like it could be more harmful for town
I think wolf Santy isn’t quite as jovial as I feel like you’ve been.

I was going to say I didn’t think your vote jumps around as much but actually when I think about it I remember that’s something you do a lot regardless so :eggface:.

I’m not sure you through out village reads early players like MK who have a history of being stretchy. Like being the first one to village read a historically sketchy player doesn’t feel like something you’d do, but it’s been a while since I’ve played so feel free to tell me I’m wrong about that.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think wolf Santy isn’t quite as jovial as I feel like you’ve been.

I was going to say I didn’t think your vote jumps around as much but actually when I think about it I remember that’s something you do a lot regardless so :eggface:.

I’m not sure you through out village reads early players like MK who have a history of being stretchy. Like being the first one to village read a historically sketchy player doesn’t feel like something you’d do, but it’s been a while since I’ve played so feel free to tell me I’m wrong about that.
I think this is... The third? Time in playing with MKG. So in that sense all the sketchy meta Im just immune. I know the meme that.. AM? always susses them but idk.

Also I think being jovial and just vibing with thread is something I do really well as wolf(?). I mean Pregnant Woman Emoji is just me being jovial and memeing at thread while wolfing. In champs after killing my fake tunnel as wolf I showered the thread in memes and so on.
And yeah, if Im invested I like to move my vote and putting it to use as much as I can