MHA 2018: Applied, Interviewed, Rejected, Attending

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have not heard from JHU either. It is also the last school I have heard nothing from!
I heard from JHU last week, we will interview on Thursday.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I have not heard from JHU either. It is also the last school I have heard nothing from!
I haven't heard from them either. I also haven't heard from UMich and UW.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone have an interview with UMin already? If yes, how was it?

I had a skype interview with them today! Pretty standard questions - Why MHA, Why UMinn, What qualities do you bring as a leader, etc. They were really friendly!

I had a skype interview with them today! Pretty standard questions - Why MHA, Why UMinn, What qualities do you bring as a leader, etc. They were really friendly!
I had mine this morning too. They were super friendly and it was great talking wit them.

Someone told me that JHU isn't CAHME accredited. Does this effect after you go through the program to get a job?

Someone told me that JHU isn't CAHME accredited. Does this effect after you go through the program to get a job?
I just went on the CAHME website, Johns Hopkins MHA is listed as an accredited program!

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a reason I can't edit my original post (about my stats—page 1) anymore? I've done it in the past, as the school notifications started rolling in. Is there a limit?

Is there a reason I can't edit my original post (about my stats—page 1) anymore? I've done it in the past, as the school notifications started rolling in. Is there a limit?

I noticed that too. I sent in a ticket about it yesterday, but I didn't get a response yet.

Reactions: 1 user

Just got an email saying "For the general membership, posts are only editable for 24 hours." I've definitely edited a post after that time period though, so maybe it's a new policy?

I had my interview with Dr. Carmalt today, she was amazing and I felt the interview went really went. Fingers crossed!

She was definetly the friendliest so far and the most interested in my vision for where I see myself.

Pretty much sums up my interview with her too! Glad your interview went well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did your JHU interview go?
I felt like it went really well! I could see myself fitting into the accelerated program nicely. I also interviewed with UNC yesterday and they seem really great too! I will hopefully hear back from both of them and VCU next week sometime

I felt like it went really well! I could see myself fitting into the accelerated program nicely. I also interviewed with UNC yesterday and they seem really great too! I will hopefully hear back from both of them and VCU next week sometime
Glad it went well, hopefully you get into all your choices!

Just got an invitation to interview with JHU! They did, however, spell my name wrong in the email.

Reactions: 2 users
UNC! I just realized that it might not have occurred yet
UNC went really well. They make interview day a whole half-day event with presentations and such which is nice since they were really selling the program. The actual interview was pretty laidback; some questions about what I thought of the current state of healthcare/what its biggest problems are, questions about my work experience, why UNC, etc. The only thing they asked that caught me off guard was what I like to do for fun and I replied with something *****ic (jigsaw puzzles anyone?) but apparently they were okay with that! I guess in hindsight I should have had an answer prepared for that too considering how friendly and laidback everybody was. Hope this helps.

Reactions: 2 users
Did anybody attend the VCU interview day today? I was told I would get my admissions decision after the interviews today and I was wondering if anybody else did

For those who have already been accepted into OSU how long did it take after your interview to hear back?

Hello,

So I applied to UMICH - MHSA program 12/13 .and it's been over a month now since I've heard back from them. I got an email to make an account with the university, but other than that there's been nothing else. Did I basically get rejected, or are they still considering me? I'm not sure what's going on here that's why.
I made my account maybe less than a month ago, but I got rejected later on. Account may be standard procedure and they're still considering your application, but not completly sure.

I made my account maybe less than a month ago, but I got rejected later on. Account may be standard procedure and they're still considering your application, but not completly sure.

Yeah, I've been checking "Application Status" every day since I made the account and it still says my "Application is Complete". I guess I just have to keep on hoping they're still considering me...

Yeah, I've been checking "Application Status" every day since I made the account and it still says my "Application is Complete". I guess I just have to keep on hoping they're still considering me...
I submitted my app to the program before 12/13 and still have not heard back. Waiting sucks but theres really nothing else we can do about it. Just have to sit back and hang tight!

Is anyone else waiting on acceptances this week? I should hear back from 3 schools and its got me so anxious!

Is anyone else waiting on acceptances this week? I should hear back from 3 schools and its got me so anxious!
Which three are you expecting to hear back from? I had my Columbia interview last month and my michigan interview last week. Not sure if they would come out anytime soon.

Which three are you expecting to hear back from? I had my Columbia interview last month and my michigan interview last week. Not sure if they would come out anytime soon.
UNC, Johns Hopkins, and VCU should all reply to me this week. I interviewed with VCU back on Dec. 1 so this is a long time coming with them

I had Michigan two weeks ago. I'm dying to know. When I interview at UMich, the professor I talked with said she did not know what admissions expected timeline would be.

I had Michigan two weeks ago. I'm dying to know. When I interview at UMich, the professor I talked with said she did not know what admissions expected timeline would be.
I've always contacted the programs admissions team and just asked what the timeline was, they've always been happy to let me know and it doesn't come off pushy or anything.

UMinn said either early or late this week for me. I really hope they say yes!