Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Impressive to whom? Here's the crux of the problem here. I'd say that if you're looking for prestige, medicine isn't for you. It's all fun and games until you're 40 on and none of that **** matters. The names of places matter to tools IN medicine. Once you leave the hospital, you're still a tool.Dunno, this year's class will be the 2nd class to graduate under probation. I doubt it'll have any effect. Back when we got placed on probation in 2003/2004, we were still sending 10+ kids into rads when rads was hotter than Derm.
The difference being that you have to be a superstar to match at those places as a DO whereas you just need to be above average as an MD. And depending on the specialty, those matches may not even be all that impressive (eg PM&R at Mayo is not nearly as competitive as IM at Mayo). And are those the main, university programs or affliated community programs. Johns Hopkins Bayview is not in the same league as Osler but they both carry the JH name.
Ya, I was studying for boards when the decision came down. Stressed me out for an hour or so but then only one or two schools have lost accreditation so I wasn't worried. And the probation was because of locker space at rotation sites. Not because of anything related to the curriculum.