You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Midwestern University (Chicago, Illinois) CCOM
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
silverfire29
New Member
I interviewed 4/10, and I believe they said the committee only meets once a month and that we would hear back after May 1st.Anybody from 4/16 interview hear anything or have any ideas of when we will hear back? I’m thinking maybe before May 1st but I don’t know.
I interviewed 4/10, and I believe they said the committee only meets once a month and that we would hear back after May 1st.
Same I interviewed 4/9 and they said either last week of April or first week of May
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if they accept letters of intent post-II?
brachial plexus44
Full Member
During my interview session, they said they do.Does anyone know if they accept letters of intent post-II?
Thank you so much!During my interview session, they said they do.
i also interviewed april 10. they said that the admission committee will be meeting the first week of may, so i bet we'll hear back around then!Anybody from 4/16 interview hear anything or have any ideas of when we will hear back? I’m thinking maybe before May 1st but I don’t know.
brachial plexus44
Full Member
I would also like to know what technology/resources the school provides..This is going to sound so silly but does anyone know if CCOM gives a freebie bag for first years? Like for example I know western COMP gives an iPad so I just wanna see what this 85k tuition is paying for
avg_premed
New Member
Withdrawing app!
For any future lurkers on this thread curious if it's okay to apply late, here was my timeline: submitted app 12/10, II 12/19, interviewed 1/14, A 1/27
MCAT 510 GPA 3.7
For any future lurkers on this thread curious if it's okay to apply late, here was my timeline: submitted app 12/10, II 12/19, interviewed 1/14, A 1/27
MCAT 510 GPA 3.7
aspiringphysician100
Full Member
Just withdrew my A here. Kinda bummed because CCOM is a great school but a little far from home. Hoping my A goes to one of you.
monkeythief
New Member
soooo antsy :"(Any other April [emoji2397]th interviewees getting antsy too? Lol
monkeythief
New Member
thats awesome stats! I just wanted to ask if you are withdrawing due to another acceptance? if so congratulations in advance!Withdrawing app!
For any future lurkers on this thread curious if it's okay to apply late, here was my timeline: submitted app 12/10, II 12/19, interviewed 1/14, A 1/27
MCAT 510 GPA 3.7
Premed Phanatic
Full Member
Super antsy too 🙁 hopefully we all hear good news soon!soooo antsy :"(
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Super antsy too 🙁 hopefully we all hear good news soon!
Someone here said they explicitly said they’re not interviewing people just for waitlist spots and that’s keeping me going
wonglife5
Full Member
I recommend checking your portal. When I got my acceptance I didn’t get an email or any sort of notification. I just went to check my portal because I’m neurotic and bam there was an update letter.Someone here said they explicitly said they’re not interviewing people just for waitlist spots and that’s keeping me going
IS WL from April 18th interview.
Last edited:
monkeythief
New Member
got waitlisted today as well
berryberryblue
New Member
OOS WL +1. Has any one gotten off the waitlist?
Last edited:
brachial plexus44
Full Member
+1 OOS WL
monkeythief
New Member
damn my heart sank with that update :/
+1 OOS WL
Premed Phanatic
Full Member
OOS WL just now
doctorduke
New Member
I thought this school ghosted me and I never received an interview, but I just received a rejection email (worded in a way that honestly hurt my feelings LOL). I wish everyone success and good luck!
monkeythief
New Member
does anyone know if committee will continue meeting once a month or more often since they are ending interviews on May 12th or 15th?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey! I was wondering how you knew interviews are ending on May 12/15. Did they announce that somewhere? Thanks!does anyone know if committee will continue meeting once a month or more often since they are ending interviews on May 12th or 15th?
Yea, the day after receiving an interview I got an email that said that their last day was the 15thHey! I was wondering how you knew interviews are ending on May 12/15. Did they announce that somewhere? Thanks!
did it say that you weren't in the competitive range of applicants? that's the one i got...I thought this school ghosted me and I never received an interview, but I just received a rejection email (worded in a way that honestly hurt my feelings LOL). I wish everyone success and good luck!
doctorduke
New Member
Yep, and told me to “take appropriate measures” to make my application more competitivedid it say that you weren't in the competitive range of applicants? that's the one i got...
If that's what they send everyone, it's a weird template to use for rejections... my MCAT score is far beyond average for DOYep, and told me to “take appropriate measures” to make my application more competitive
Does anyone know if being waitlisted is the same as being on the alternate list? Bit confused with all this admissions terminology lol
Yeah for CCOM, they call their WL the alternate list!
Does anyone know when the first day of classes starts for accepted students?
Believe orientation is the first week of August and classes start the following Monday. Likely the 11th this year.
wonglife5
Full Member
Hi I had the same issue so I emailed them. They’re going to ask you for an unofficial transcript or something indicating that you took AP chem but they personally looked over my stuff and accepted my AP chemistry credit! Just email the general admissions email and they’ll respond.I’m not sure where else to ask this but does anyone know if midwestern accepts AP credit?? I noticed they require two semesters of gen chem but I used my AP credit to fulfill that.
Anyone know if WL has been moving?
Thank you so much!! I emailed them and they said I’m good!Hi I had the same issue so I emailed them. They’re going to ask you for an unofficial transcript or something indicating that you took AP chem but they personally looked over my stuff and accepted my AP chemistry credit! Just email the general admissions email and they’ll respond.
hughie campbell
Full Member
OOS AL 5/19, interviewed 5/6
Does anyone know the chances of getting off the waitlist at this point?
Does anyone know the chances of getting off the waitlist at this point?
fieryphoenix
Full Member
does anyone know if there is an accepted students group?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1OOS AL 5/19, interviewed 5/6
Does anyone know the chances of getting off the waitlist at this point?
Wobblediddle
New Member
E-mailed admissions yesterday. Reply said they don't know when the adcom is meeting again.OOS AL 5/19, interviewed 5/6
Does anyone know the chances of getting off the waitlist at this point?
unnamedlobster12
Full Member
+1, good luck!
fieryphoenix
Full Member
withdrew A here today, hope my spot goes to one of you guys waiting!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 117
- Views
- 39K
- Replies
- 223
- Views
- 56K
- Replies
- 411
- Views
- 98K
- Replies
- 304
- Views
- 83K