MSUCOM vs DMU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MSUCOM vs DMU?

• Total voters

medhopeful2017

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trying to weigh the pros and con's on each school. I know the major con of MSUCOM is the tuition. Does this outweigh the easier transitions in 3rd and 4th year rotations at MSUCOM. I heard it was very likely that I will have to move for 3rd and 4th year at DMU. Any help would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Just to be clear, you're OOS for MSUCOM? If you're instate, then MSU >>>>> DMU and don't look back. However, if you're OOS, then I'd probably go DMU. According to what I've heard, and I'm going to DMU this fall, about half of the people are at a year long site, and the other half do a little bit of traveling, but not too much if you don't want to during 3rd year. Lots of people travel during year 4, so that's a wash. MSU imo is a better school due to it being a public DO school, but not by that much. Personally it isn't worth it to me to pay $40,000 extra per year, so $160,000 total, to go to MSU.

I am trying to weigh the pros and con's on each school. I know the major con of MSUCOM is the tuition. Does this outweigh the easier transitions in 3rd and 4th year rotations at MSUCOM. I heard it was very likely that I will have to move for 3rd and 4th year at DMU. Any help would be appreciated.

While this is a secondhand source, I heard that MSUCOM does offer scholarships to OOS, knowing they're paying so much. Have you been admitted to MSUCOM already?

Members don't see this ad :)
If you're OOS go with DMU

I am OOS, but I have recently been accepted by my #1 to which I was initially wait listed. Thank you all for the input, it is much appreciated !!