Need new info on TUCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DJ

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received my interview letter for TUCOM. Can any current TUCOM students provide me with the most current info on the new campus? Please include the pros/cons of the move to Mare Island. Also, can someone give me the scoop on pros/cons of attending TUCOM? How do you like the school in general?
Thanks very much!

[This message has been edited by DJ (edited September 21, 1999).]

Members don't see this ad.

I am a second year student a TUCOM. The good things incude: New facilities that are state of the art. The second year classrooms are still under construction however. Construction will continue for atleast another year on other things such as the allied health school. The potential is unlimited and it will be a great campus in a year or so. They are also working on completion of the gym and pool which you will see during your interview. The instruction at TUCOM is very good and we often benifit from instuction of UCSF faculty. TUCOM has great 3rd and 4th year rotations and we are the only DO school to have rotations through Kaiser. We also have slots at St. Mary's hospital in S.F. which was once a UCSF rotation hospital. Vallejo where the campus is located is ugly and there is not much to do but walnut creek and S.F. are not far away. There are other frustrations as would be expected from a new school, its not all great. The students are the best and work well together which is a big plus. If you have any other questions let me know?

I agree on all points. Mare Island is very antique-like and a very cool place for the school to be located. there is "on island" housing if you want to live less than a mile from class. new med school bldg.(actually and huge old bldg. that was completely re-done)is quite impressive. killer area to live in. lots to do in san fran(45 minute ferry ride) and berkeley(20 min drive). so far classes and instructors are great in my opinion. don't pass this school by unless you check it out in person.

8404, class 2003

Thanks a lot guys! I really appreciate it! Hope studying is going well.