New York COM, Jonesboro Campus (NYIT-COM, Jonesboro) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm hoping it's a good thing. Not sure why they'd need to look at my file at the main campus post interview!

We shall see.

Did you interview here?
Yes

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
SDN users i need your precious advice on selecting a school after acceptance from a few schools. If you were to accepted at following schools, which school would you select and submit deposit: And Why? Thanks in advance.
A. ARCOM (Arkansas Osteopathic Medical School).
B. NYIT Jonesboro Campus.
C. BCOM
D. # 1 School of your choice

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys! I'm a first year at this branch, and I'd be happy to answer any questions you all have if I'm able!
could you explained to us when they broadcast lectures from NYIT New york campus, are we able to ask questions during broadcasting? did you liked lectures broadcasting? Thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
could you explained to us when they broadcast lectures from NYIT New york campus, are we able to ask questions during broadcasting? did you liked lectures broadcasting? Thank you
Sure! During the lectures broadcasted from NY there is a facilitator on Jonesboro campus to help with communicating during the lecture i.e. They can turn on the microphones if someone has a question. Jonesboro students are given an opportunity to ask questions just like the Old Westbury students (most of the time after the lecture has been completed). Also we have a service where we can post a question and other students and professors can help out by answering (this is a great resource). We also have basic sciences faculty on the Jonesboro campus that are available to help out with questions and concepts that we are having a hard time with. I personally am not an auditory learner so lectures aren't very helpful in my learning process, but I know some people go to lecture and get a lot out of it. I really hope this helps!

accepted! email said they send something in the mail

Reactions: 2 users
When did you get the email? When did you interview? Congrats!

Also got email today...... letter already received

Well, it's been a long journey but I've taken an acceptance elsewhere. Going to hang up my hat with waiting for this school. Best of luck to the rest of you!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats on the acceptances. When did everyone interview that got accepted?

Sent from my SM-G360T using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
SDN users i need your precious advice on selecting a school after acceptance from a few schools. If you were to accepted at following schools, which school would you select and submit deposit: And Why? Thanks in advance.
A. ARCOM (Arkansas Osteopathic Medical School).
B. NYIT Jonesboro Campus.
C. BCOM
D. # 1 School of your choice

#1 school of my choice, no question. I'd put ARCOM second, though. I think that program has a bright future.

EDIT: I submitted my app 6 weeks ago and haven't heard a peep. Is it worth contacting the school, or is it a waste of time?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 users
#1 school of my choice, no question. I'd put ARCOM second, though. I think that program has a bright future.

EDIT: I submitted my app 6 weeks ago and haven't heard a peep. Is it worth contacting the school, or is it a waste of time?
They are very nice, it wouldn't hurt to call just to check your status!

I interviewed there about that long ago, and honestly I don't expect to ever hear anything back.

Sounds like a lot of people are still waiting to hear back. I assume no one that has interviewed in early November has heard anything from them have they?

Sounds like a lot of people are still waiting to hear back. I assume no one that has interviewed in early November has heard anything from them have they?

I interviewed on November 10th and the following Monday the admissions office in NY contacted me. Only to verify my degree though. No acceptance, waitlist or denial news yet.

I interviewed there about that long ago, and honestly I don't expect to ever hear anything back.

The last email that I had sent where I was checking on the status, I was told that they don't allow status updates and that those they were interesting in accepting would receive communication in the mail in a few days. Never heard anything whatsoever after that which likely means I wasn't accepted. Even after emailing them to withdraw my consideration/ application, no response was provided.

The last email that I had sent where I was checking on the status, I was told that they don't allow status updates and that those they were interesting in accepting would receive communication in the mail in a few days. Never heard anything whatsoever after that which likely means I wasn't accepted. Even after emailing them to withdraw my consideration/ application, no response was provided.

Yeah.................................................................................. I have nothing good to say at this time, so I will keep my mouth shut lol. Where did you end up taking an acceptance?

WOW! I didnt think I would get the email either.. but accepted!! :D interview was on 9/21! LOL. Sadly will be declining my acceptance since I have offers with other programs. I hope it goes to one of you! Good luck!

Lol! Congrats!!!

Lol thanks! Interviewed 09/25. Will be taking an acceptance elsewhere but for those that are still awaiting a response, hang in there! Hope my spot goes to any one of you deserving applicants!

Accepted! Got the email 30s ago.

Congrats! did you get acceptance in snail mail or email?.....i think other ppl received acceptance in snail mail. Sad to know that you're accepting elsewhere

Got accepted today via email. They said they would send everything in the mail. Interviewed 11/10. So 3 weeks exactly.

Lol thanks! Interviewed 09/25. Will be taking an acceptance elsewhere but for those that are still awaiting a response, hang in there! Hope my spot goes to any one of you deserving applicants!

Congrats! Unfortunate you had to wait so long to hear back but at least you got in somewhere and know that you got in here. Best of luck on your career in medicine!

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats! did you get acceptance in snail mail or email?.....i think other ppl received acceptance in snail mail. Sad to know that you're accepting elsewhere

All I've received thus far is the acceptance email today that stated the letter and packet was coming in the mail. I know! I really wanted to attend this school but TCOM gave me an offer I couldn't refuse!

Congrats! Unfortunate you had to wait so long to hear back but at least you got in somewhere and know that you got in here. Best of luck on your career in medicine!

Thank you so much! I genuinely believe that this school has a lot of potential in a state that is in dire need of dedicated practitioners. I will also say that this thread has a unique dynamic that's very tight knit and courteous. I wish I could get to know you all! Wishing each of you nothing but the very best!

Got accepted today via email. They said they would send everything in the mail. Interviewed 11/10. So 3 weeks exactly.

I interviewed on this day too! Congrats!!!

Not gonna lie, I'm a little nervous for myself lol. This process is so anxiety provoking!

I wonder why they've decided to send emails versus the mail.

WOW! I didnt think I would get the email either.. but accepted!! :D interview was on 9/21! LOL. Sadly will be declining my acceptance since I have offers with other programs. I hope it goes to one of you! Good luck!
Congrats on your acceptance
I interviewed on this day too! Congrats!!!

Not gonna lie, I'm a little nervous for myself lol. This process is so anxiety provoking!

I wonder why they've decided to send emails versus the mail.
The email said the letter of acceptance would come in the mail and that the other information was being sent with it as well. I would say judging by other peoples responses on here that the process of sending out information doesn't have a clear pattern. Definitely don't get your hopes up. They may send you information relatively soon or yours may just be drug out longer by chance. Good luck and hope you receive good news.

Congrats on your acceptance

The email said the letter of acceptance would come in the mail and that the other information was being sent with it as well. I would say judging by other peoples responses on here that the process of sending out information doesn't have a clear pattern. Definitely don't get your hopes up. They may send you information relatively soon or yours may just be drug out longer by chance. Good luck and hope you receive good news.

Thank you for the encouragement!

The waiting is so difficult. I felt like things went well at this school. I hope to hear good news soon. *finger crossed* :)

Thank you for the encouragement!

The waiting is so difficult. I felt like things went well at this school. I hope to hear good news soon. *finger crossed* :)

I'm certain you did a fantastic job! The wait was AWFUL but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you to hear good news!

So clarify for me. Does this campus do real lectures or is it all video broadcasted?

Accepted today as well!!! So excited!! Anyone know when white coat or classes started last year?

Accepted today! Interviewed on 11/10!!

I can't remember if NYITCOM has a dress code. Anyone recall what the dress code is?

Sent from my SM-G360T using SDN mobile

Accepted on 1/4, interviewed in September!