New York COM (NYCOM) Discussion Thread 2012 - 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I would like to talk to one to see if they commuted or stayed in an apartment
initially when you start you are going to have to be at school for labs at least 3 times every week. either 8am-noon or 10 - noon for anatomy and then 8-10 or 10-noon for OMM. Plus you will have DPR labs which are also in the am (8-10 or 10-noon). This makes commuting from further away a little more annoying since all of the above are required to attend. Lectures, however, are optional and everything can be streamed from home (and many prefer streaming as opposed to attending class. So If you are really trying to save some money or want to avoid the roommate headache/drama then if you can find a 6 month lease just to last you until Anatomy is over would be ideal. Don't feel you have to live right in a 10 min radius of nycom either. There are plenty of places easy enough to get to and are much cheaper. good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

initially when you start you are going to have to be at school for labs at least 3 times every week. either 8am-noon or 10 - noon for anatomy and then 8-10 or 10-noon for OMM. Plus you will have DPR labs which are also in the am (8-10 or 10-noon). This makes commuting from further away a little more annoying since all of the above are required to attend. Lectures, however, are optional and everything can be streamed from home (and many prefer streaming as opposed to attending class. So If you are really trying to save some money or want to avoid the roommate headache/drama then if you can find a 6 month lease just to last you until Anatomy is over would be ideal. Don't feel you have to live right in a 10 min radius of nycom either. There are plenty of places easy enough to get to and are much cheaper. good luck!

I plan on living with my bf if he goes to a school in the city for his M.B.A. Are there any buses that go from Queens to NYCOM?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, my friend is a second year and he got in with a 24 (7-9-8), but his GPA was a 3.8.
He was also IS.