2023-2024 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Secondary received:

1. Which NYITCOM campus/site are you interested in attending? (The NYITCOM Admissions Committee reserves the right to recommend the best campus fit for you based upon your complete application.)
Select Jonesboro, AR Old Westbury, NY *

2. Would you consider attending either campus?
Select Yes No *

3. Briefly describe the reasons for your campus/site choice and comment on one or two factors that are most important to you in choosing where you wish to pursue your medical education. (Max. 1000 characters)

4. NYITCOM values diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. Based on your experiences within your community, workplaces, educational experiences, and your unique attributes, in what ways will you contribute to these values? (Max. 1000 characters)

5. Describe a challenge you’ve faced and the steps you took to overcome it. (Max. 1000 characters)

6. Describe the community in which you see yourself practicing medicine. (Max. 1000 characters)

7. Have you previously applied to NYITCOM?
Select Yes No *

8. If yes, what specific steps have you taken to strengthen your credentials for the current application year? (Max. 1000 characters)

9. Do you have any immediate family members (ONLY grandparents, parents, brothers/sisters, spouses) who have graduated from NYIT College of Osteopathic Medicine?
Select Grandparent Parent Sibling Spouse More Than One Family Member None *

10. If you do, please provide their name, relationship, and year of graduation from NYITCOM. (Max. 200 characters)

11. How and where did you learn about NYITCOM? (Max. 250 characters)

Reactions: 1 user
Hi could a current student please explain what made them choose the Long Island campus over the Jonesboro campus?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have the link that provides the clubs/organizations for each location? Couldn't find it on their website and it's annoying that they don't have it there for the osteopathic medicine page. The only thing they have for Jonesboro is the Care-A-Van thing.

Hi everyone, I'm a recent graduate who matched into neurology, feel free to reach out with any questions and I'll do my best to answer. I'm an alum of the Academic Medicine Scholars Program as well so if you have any questions regarding that I'm certainly more equipped than most to answer.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Hey everyone, I'm a rising OMS-2 this coming fall! Also available to answer any questions about the program/student life/etc. Feel free to dm me as well!

• Love
How long after submission did they email you guys marking it as complete?

Inbound NYITCOM-OW student presenting a link that you might find helpful. I was quite the anxious med school applicant, concerning myself deeply with statistics and holistic details extending beyond the numbers. I had a lot of trouble finding the acceptance rate for NYITCOM online for the longest time. Eventually, I stumbled across this. According to Peterson's, an application cycle of 7140 students yielded a total of 959 acceptances, which amounted to 435 seats. This amounts to 13% of students getting an acceptance at any time. One may consider this a higher acceptance rate on average. Another factor to consider is that the 7140 students does not include incomplete applications or withdrawals from the cycle, so it may theoretically be higher. When the cards are down, don't give up hope, future docs. Good luck!

Reactions: 6 users
Inbound NYITCOM-OW student presenting a link that you might find helpful. I was quite the anxious med school applicant, concerning myself deeply with statistics and holistic details extending beyond the numbers. I had a lot of trouble finding the acceptance rate for NYITCOM online for the longest time. Eventually, I stumbled across this. According to Peterson's, an application cycle of 7140 students yielded a total of 959 acceptances, which amounted to 435 seats. This amounts to 13% of students getting an acceptance at any time. One may consider this a higher acceptance rate on average. Another factor to consider is that the 7140 students does not include incomplete applications or withdrawals from the cycle, so it may theoretically be higher. When the cards are down, don't give up hope, future docs. Good luck!
I saw that, that’s both campuses right? I saw OW is 6% when I googled but could be wrong .

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who are complete. How long did it take for them to receive your secondary? I just submitted the payment via PayPal, but I am a tad concerned that I messed it up. I got the receipt from PayPal, though.

Just going to leave this on all the schools I applied to, I did receive secondaries from every DO school:

Submitted all 16 DO Schools on 5/28/23... Verified 5/30/23

States: 3.73 Science, 3.77 Overall, 501 (125/122/127/127) and 508 (125/125/127/131)

For this school, secondary received: 5/31/23

For those who are complete. How long did it take for them to receive your secondary? I just submitted the payment via PayPal, but I am a tad concerned that I messed it up. I got the receipt from PayPal, though.
I submitted my secondary w/ payment 6/29 and they sent me confirmation that my secondary had been received and my app was complete on 7/4. Definitely on the slower side of things, so I wouldn't worry too much if it takes a minute.

A few days! I would give it at least a week if anything!

when does this school typically get back about interviews? or the lack of interviews?

Anyone received II's? Haven't heard anything from the school since submitting secondary.

Okay thank you for your response. I freaked out a little bit. Lets hope for the best.

Reactions: 4 users
lmao did anyone else have a slight heart attack with the email about the info session 💀 I was dang hoping it was an interview invite

Reactions: 7 users
Hey how long did it take for you guys to receive your confirmation email after submitting the secondary? I only got the PayPal email but haven't received that other notification yet.

After speaking with admission office, interview invitations will begin transmission in September (they did not give me a date) until December and will resume again after holidays.

After speaking with admission office, interview invitations will begin transmission in September (they did not give me a date) until December and will resume again after holidays.
Damn, was really expecting for them to start today. Last cycle, II's began 8/21.

I was complete 6/1 and still haven’t heard anything … Oop

Reactions: 3 users
For the people who received interviews, would you please share your stats?

Congratulations to those of you who have received IIs, and good luck to those of you waiting for yours. If any of you have any questions about the interview, I have answers. I'll respond whenever I can. These first two weeks of Y1 have been quite busy.

Me too, did we just get skipped?
Same,
Congratulations to those of you who have received IIs, and good luck to those of you waiting for yours. If any of you have any questions about the interview, I have answers. I'll respond whenever I can. These first two weeks of Y1 have been quite busy.
does NYITCOM send Rs or is it just if you get silence just assume you got rejected?

Same,

does NYITCOM send Rs or is it just if you get silence just assume you got rejected?
I would say that the best way to describe their process is that they scroll through applications and triage according to strength. If you submit as early as possible with an average-range application, they will put you off to the side temporarily and give IIs to the strongest applicants in the pile, then continue sifting through apps. Eventually, they should get back to you with a II. Nobody receives rejections until the interview cycle ends in early April. You could say that it is a silent R in March once the last set of interviews are sent, but until then, you are sidetracked. I will say that if you submit as early as possible and it is still radio silent out in February, it's not looking very promising.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: 3 users