New York COM (NYIT-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations to those that were accepted btw!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted today too!! Interviewed 10/18 so there's still hope for some of the earlier interviewers out there! I hope you all hear some good news very soon :) :)

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So after I got my acceptance email for A-State (first correspondence, interviewed 11/10 and heard back 11/17), I got the snail mail within 3 days myself. Got immunizations and pre-enrollment submitted within the week. Got an email today about the background check opening up. They give us 10 days from the date of the email, but I went ahead and got it done today (took all of 10 minutes).

I am excited to get housing plans knocked out. Any other A-Staters looking at the housing options or hear anything about when everything opens up for us?

Edit: update was just posted to give people an idea of what has come up and when following acceptance. As the dates progress, there will be fewer days to complete what comes up. Any questions, just ask.

Last edited:
Can we assume that the rest of the 11/11 crew who didn't get an acceptance yet were either waitlisted or axed?

Can we assume that the rest of the 11/11 crew who didn't get an acceptance yet were either waitlisted or axed?

Kind of jelly how tight this 11/11 interview group is or maybe it's just a coincidence many of you from that day are SDN users

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone hear back from the 12/2 group? All these acceptances are giving me hibbie jibbies.

My friend called yesterday and apparently told him all IIs have been given out? Can anyone confirm?

I sincerely hope not! They might also snail mail some acceptances they didn't initially email, since I remember they said they would send us decisions that way.

Reactions: 1 user
My friend called yesterday and apparently told him all IIs have been given out? Can anyone confirm?

Idk who your friend talked to but I highly doubt this - admissions committees would never outright say that all interviews have been given out when the deadline for AACOMAS applications is still a few weeks away. Also, a bunch of people got emails that their applications were still being evaluated so I really doubt that this is true. NYITCOM interviews into the spring as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Idk who your friend talked to but I highly doubt this - admissions committees would never outright say that all interviews have been given out when the deadline for AACOMAS applications is still a few weeks away. Also, a bunch of people got emails that their applications were still being evaluated so I really doubt that this is true. NYITCOM interviews into the spring as well.
I just received my II today by email so I'm guessing that's not true.

Gotcha, I was wondering about that, its not super late anyways. Sounds good, thanks for letting me know!

Kind of jelly how tight this 11/11 interview group is or maybe it's just a coincidence many of you from that day are SDN users

...and then NYITCOM only takes two from the 11/11 crew

Accepted on Tuesday; interviewed 11/11 :) Will be withdrawing, but good luck to everyone!

anyone know if they take AP credit for prerequisites? My university accepted them and its on my transcript, but I can't find anything on the nyitcom website

anyone know if they take AP credit for prerequisites? My university accepted them and its on my transcript, but I can't find anything on the nyitcom website

Half my intro to bio course was waived with AP credit and I haven't had an issue so far!

Half my intro to bio course was waived with AP credit and I haven't had an issue so far!

That's good to hear!! I have to fill out my acceptance packet with the prereqs and I AP'ed out of gen chem so I'm a little worried :/ Ima call em up tomorrow and hopefully they will allow it. fingers crossed!

That's good to hear!! I have to fill out my acceptance packet with the prereqs and I AP'ed out of gen chem so I'm a little worried :/ Ima call em up tomorrow and hopefully they will allow it. fingers crossed!
How long did it take for you to receive your acceptance packet after you received your email accceptance? (That is, if you got an email acceptance first)

How long did it take for you to receive your acceptance packet after you received your email accceptance? (That is, if you got an email acceptance first)

The packet came in yesterday I believe, and I got the email on the 10th. I live in Connecticut, if that makes a difference.

The packet came in yesterday I believe, and I got the email on the 10th. I live in Connecticut, if that makes a difference.
Did they have a deadline for when everything was due on your packet? I was just curious bc I haven't received my packet yet but want to make sure that I will be able to hand everything in on time

Did they have a deadline for when everything was due on your packet? I was just curious bc I haven't received my packet yet but want to make sure that I will be able to hand everything in on time

My deadline was January 27th, for reference.

Reactions: 1 users
My deadline was January 27th, for reference.

Yup same deadline, but I think the immunization forms are due a month from when it was sent. There is also an application for DPC which can be submitted anytime until the class is filled (but they said the earlier the better).

Does anyone know if we have to update our transcript if we have new grades from the fall 2016 semester? I took a stats class last semester and had it categorized as a future class via AACOMAS in the transcript section.

Does anyone know if we have to update our transcript if we have new grades from the fall 2016 semester? I took a stats class last semester and had it categorized as a future class via AACOMAS in the transcript section.

You should update it, especially now where they have an academic update period. I know NYITCOM wants us to send updated grades as part of the matriculation procedure as well.

Congrats on the acceptances! Can't wait to meet y'all next semester :)

did anyone who was accepted receive below a 505 on the MCAT?

Thanks in advance.

Have there been any new acceptances? ^^ there have been a bunch of acceptances below 505

Just invited to interview! Haven't followed this thread much. I got an email like a week ago saying I was still under consideration and now this today.

Just invited to interview! Haven't followed this thread much. I got an email like a week ago saying I was still under consideration and now this today.
was this for the NY campus?

Yes NY campus, I should've mentioned that in my first post haha
Congrats! Is the email you got last week the one with the really optimistic/encouraging tone that a few people on this thread received? Also, when did you submit your secondary if you don't mind me asking?

FYI, I just received an email asking if I was interested in NYITCOM-AR. Looks like all the spots at Old Westbury are filled.....

Dear Kovalchuk71,

Thank you for your continued interest in the entering class of 2017 at NYITCOM. We are currently in the final stages of rolling admissions and your application is still under active consideration.

During our Supplemental Application review we noted that your campus preference is Old Westbury, New York. We are finalizing our class in Old Westbury and would like to extend you an offer to be considered for our campus in Jonesboro, Arkansas. Please take a moment to let the admissions office know whether or not you would like to be considered at Jonesboro. Please respond to this email offer within 72 hours at [email protected].

FYI, I just received an email asking if I was interested in NYITCOM-AR. Looks like all the spots at Old Westbury are filled.....

Dear Kovalchuk71,

Thank you for your continued interest in the entering class of 2017 at NYITCOM. We are currently in the final stages of rolling admissions and your application is still under active consideration.

During our Supplemental Application review we noted that your campus preference is Old Westbury, New York. We are finalizing our class in Old Westbury and would like to extend you an offer to be considered for our campus in Jonesboro, Arkansas. Please take a moment to let the admissions office know whether or not you would like to be considered at Jonesboro. Please respond to this email offer within 72 hours at [email protected].

When did you interview?

Last edited:
When did you interview? Do you think finalizing the class means all the spots are taken?
I haven't interviewed yet. They literally sent me that email an hour ago asking if I wanted to be considered for the AR campus.

Also, yes. It sounds to me like all of the acceptances have been given out. What do I know, though? ;)

I haven't interviewed yet. They literally sent me that email an hour ago asking if I wanted to be considered for the AR campus.

Also, yes. It sounds to me like all of the acceptances have been given out. What do I know, though? ;)

Thanks for the clarification! I hope you do well at your interview

Dear Kovalchuk71,

Same here.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Congrats! Is the email you got last week the one with the really optimistic/encouraging tone that a few people on this thread received? Also, when did you submit your secondary if you don't mind me asking?
yeah it was the one that said something like "dear future NYIT physician." I submitted my secondary during the first or second week of July.

Sounds like I shouldn't go interview then

yeah it was the one that said something like "dear future NYIT physician." I submitted my secondary during the first or second week of July.

Sounds like I shouldn't go interview then
Nooooo. Go interview! They could've also meant that they're not sending out anymore II's for NY campus.

Delco isn't far away anyways!