New York COM (NYIT-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
any new acceptance in this week?

Members don't see this ad.

has anyone who received a "Dear NYITCOM Future Physician" actually gotten an II?
Yes but not as the II's greeting. I received it in a previous email that said that my file was still under review.

Members don't see this ad :)
Seems like they are just interviewing for wait-list spots only,
Have not seen any acceptance yet.

Seems like they are just interviewing for wait-list spots only,
Have not seen any acceptance yet.
This seems unlikely. They accepted someone on this board 2/16 which was just last week. Not everyone who applies to a program uses or posts to SDN. Saying things like that just unnecessarily causes other applicants to panic.

Reactions: 1 user
This seems unlikely. They accepted someone on this board 2/16 which was just last week. Not everyone who applies to a program uses or posts to SDN. Saying things like that just unnecessarily causes other applicants to panic.
yes I get it what you mean. At this point just hope a lots of us get acceptances soon.

Does anyone know if NYITCOM rejects post-II or if being waitlisted is their form of rejection?

Does anyone know if NYITCOM rejects post-II or if being waitlisted is their form of rejection?

From what I've read earlier on this thread, only a few people get off the waitlist. That being said, its a new school so things could be different this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
From what I've read earlier on this thread, only a few people get off the waitlist. That being said, its a new school so things could be different this year.
Yeah that's true. I just haven't seen anyone post about being rejected post-II, so I was wondering if they even give that decision (I know not everyone posts on SDN).

Yeah that's true. I just haven't seen anyone post about being rejected post-II, so I was wondering if they even give that decision (I know not everyone posts on SDN).

My question exactly.... really wondering if they send out rejections post interview.

Would those with pre-II rejections mind posting their stats? I've been complete for a little and I've had silence. I have a feeling I'm next.

Just got a phone call from them saying that they would like to offer an interview invite.

Arkansas campus

Oh ok. I was going to say I guess that email they sent out to people around the new year saying the New York class is almost full and asking if people wanted to switch to the A-State campus didn't mean much.

BTW, there is a Arkansas specific thread, with more info just for that campus

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Does anyone know anything about the DO/MBA program? If so please reply

any acceptance or waitlisted recently?

how long does the afternoon interview process last? what time will i expect to be done for the day?

any acceptance or waitlisted recently?

People who have been waitlisted - did you hear through snail mail or email or phone call? Acceptances? I recently moved and don't want to miss acceptance because of mail issues

People who have been waitlisted - did you hear through snail mail or email or phone call? Acceptances? I recently moved and don't want to miss acceptance because of mail issues
Email! for waitlist at least.

Waitlisted as well interviewed 1/31. Congrats to those accepted.. mind sharing stats for those who were recently accepted?
Accepted on 2/16. cGPA 3.67 MCAT very unevenly contributed 504

Accepted student for class of 2021!

Does anyone know if there is a second look/accepted students day?

Also can any current students give an idea of what the average rent is (or a range) for students who live off campus?

Also can any current students give an idea of what the average rent is (or a range) for students who live off campus?
When we're you accepted?

For those of you that were accepted, was there a deposit that you had to place for your acceptance? If yes how much was it and was it refundable? Thanks in advance

For those of you that were accepted, was there a deposit that you had to place for your acceptance? If yes how much was it and was it refundable? Thanks in advance

Yes, it was a non-refundable $1500 deposit to hold your place. And I believe you only had ~2 weeks to make the payment.

Just wondering if there are any more waitlists or acceptances since Feb 16th. Please post with stats . Just curious to see my chances of hearing anything back from them.

Just wondering if there are any more waitlists or acceptances since Feb 16th. Please post with stats . Just curious to see my chances of hearing anything back from them.
I interviewed 1/20 and while I haven't gotten a decision, when I called yesterday they did say I should be hearing very soon. I'll post the decision once I receive it, but who knows what soon is.

interviewed 1/31 AM here, no news yet.

Last edited:
I interviewed 1/20 and while I haven't gotten a decision, when I called yesterday they did say I should be hearing very soon. I'll post the decision once I receive it, but who knows what soon is.
Yes there acceptances and wait list are random, Thats quite a long wait. Hope we all get to hear good news soon. Good luck to everyone.Thanks

Do they only send out acceptances/waitlists on Thursday or something?

Early December

$1500 due w/in 30 days, non-refundable
Now I think it is 14 days after January 1st, and I think it is immediate response and deposit for those acceptances after March 15th. All the information can be found on AACOM.

Now I think it is 14 days after January 1st, and I think it is immediate response and deposit for those acceptances after March 15th. All the information can be found on AACOM.
AACOMAS traffic guideline schedule:
• Those accepted prior to November 15 will have until December 14.
• Those accepted between November 15 and January 14 will have 30 days.
• Those accepted between January 15 and May 14 will have 14 days.
• Those accepted after May 15 may be asked for an immediate deposit.
• After May 15 of the year of matriculation, each medical college may implement college-specific procedures for accepted students who hold one or more seats at other medical colleges.

AACOMAS traffic guideline schedule:
• Those accepted prior to November 15 will have until December 14.
• Those accepted between November 15 and January 14 will have 30 days.
• Those accepted between January 15 and May 14 will have 14 days.
• Those accepted after May 15 may be asked for an immediate deposit.
• After May 15 of the year of matriculation, each medical college may implement college-specific procedures for accepted students who hold one or more seats at other medical colleges.
Exactly!

Can anyone shed light on if the adcom is responsive to letters of interests?

1/31 interviewee, just got waitlisted =\. Is this basically a rejection from this school?