New York COM (NYIT-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted!!! interviewed 1/19 IS lizzy ~66

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats on those accepted!!! Do they let you know in an email/if so what does it say/what's the subject line?

And did anyone who interviewed 1/17 find out yet? So many questions sorry- just so anxiously awaiting a decision!

Congrats on those accepted!!! Do they let you know in an email/if so what does it say/what's the subject line?

And did anyone who interviewed 1/17 find out yet? So many questions sorry- just so anxiously awaiting a decision!
Email, subject line 'Welcome Accepted Student!'

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Those who interviewed in January are hearing back, so I guess RIP to my app.

I don't understand, didn't someone just call them like 2 days ago and they said they are reviewing more November files -_-

I don't understand, didn't someone just call them like 2 days ago and they said they are reviewing more November files -_-
I called the NY office today and they couldn't give me any time estimate. They said people that interviewed on the same day wouldn't necessarily find out on the same day. More waiting it is!

I called the NY office today and they couldn't give me any time estimate. They said people that interviewed on the same day wouldn't necessarily find out on the same day. More waiting it is!
I wonder if that means since different people interviewed you, when those specific people come in then we look at your file or maybe our system is a mess so we hit files random. Heck it could be we waitlisted most of you but we'll eventually get back to you. I just wish they would clarify a little bit!

11/8 II. Radio Silence. sigh

Does declining/accepting an interview from the A-State campus affect receiving an interview from the NY Campus?

For accepted students, have you guys received any more information regarding financial aid? Or anything else once the school confirmed they received our enrollment confirmation forms/deposit?

Members don't see this ad :)
For accepted students, have you guys received any more information regarding financial aid? Or anything else once the school confirmed they received our enrollment confirmation forms/deposit?
nothing yet, and I've been accepted since November!

And after 4 long months, the WL

Wait listed :eyebrow: interviewed on 11/11.... Has anyone gotten a rejection or is this basically it?

I read on one of the threads that they only waitlist 100 people not to freak anyone out, but I wonder if anyone got rejections 0.O

If anyone calls please let the rest of us know what is happening! Otherwise I'll call on Monday or Tuesday

11/11 interview and now on wait list. I think there is no chance for me :/

11/27 interview. Just got waitlisted. Ugh. Anyone know when people usually start hearing back from the waitlist? I read a post back from 2006 that said people usually start getting in around the summer but I'm hoping we won't have to wait that long haha

11/27 interview. Just got waitlisted. Ugh. Anyone know when people usually start hearing back from the waitlist? I read a post back from 2006 that said people usually start getting in around the summer but I'm hoping we won't have to wait that long haha
Same read they go through it june

I just received an email for the background check

Anyone from 1/19 and 1/20 interview date or still waiting to hear back?

Anyone from 1/19 and 1/20 interview date or still waiting to hear back?
1/20 here and waiting. Given that they seem to review at random and some from November are just now hearing back, it could be a bit before we hear.

I think a reason why the ADCOM has been slow this cycle is because they just appointed a new admissions director around November.

Does anyone know the average stars for matriculants or accepted students

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

For those of you accepted, where are you planning on living next year?

interview was great, really laid back. Im not sure if ill go if accepted, I'm having second thoughts on going into medicine and don't feel like its the best path for me. I guess we'll see where it goes!
Why the second thoughts? (If you don't mind me asking)

Just received an interview invite (New York Campus). Application complete on 1/19

Last edited:
Can any of the current students comment on the clinical rotations during 3rd year? What is the student feedback on gaining/conducting their rotations? Are most sites nearby? Any information on the experience is appreciated. I tried to ask for more info during my interview, but the questions was evaded multiple times, which is a small concern that I have. Still very excited and looking forward to starting in the fall :)!

Can any current students comment on this ridiculously high cost of attendance.

http://www.nyit.edu/medicine/financial_aid/cost_of_education

As a out of state socioeconomically disadvantaged URM my parents have very limited funds to help for my education. Has anyone received scholarships, work study, something to decrease the loan amount. Thank you!

Can any current students comment on this ridiculously high cost of attendance.

http://www.nyit.edu/medicine/financial_aid/cost_of_education

As a out of state socioeconomically disadvantaged URM my parents have very limited funds to help for my education. Has anyone received scholarships, work study, something to decrease the loan amount. Thank you!

I've also been worried about this. Do students receive sufficient financial aid? Even to help with costs of housing?

I've also been worried about this. Do students receive sufficient financial aid? Even to help with costs of housing?
Right? It's insane how high the cost is, and with loans starting at 6.8% interest this is a recipe for financial disaster. And then they wonder why no one wants to go into primary care.

Right? It's insane how high the cost is, and with loans starting at 6.8% interest this is a recipe for financial disaster. And then they wonder why no one wants to go into primary care.
And what I still don't understand is that according to the AACOM college information book, the school's "average indebtedness" is actually quite low compared to some of the other programs.... or at least mid-range.

And what I still don't understand is that according to the AACOM college information book, the school's "average indebtedness" is actually quite low compared to some of the other programs.... or at least mid-range.
Yeah I saw that. Hopefully when they receive my FAFSA I could be offered some type of work study, alas just waiting on a current students reply regarding this.

Apply for HPSP and you can get your tuition paid for 100% in return for service.