No-II Gang HOW WE FEELIN ABOUT THIS WEEK? ~2020 edition~

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am afraid to call schools but I do know someone who called NYU every single day until she got an interview and she eventually got accepted. But that was for dental school not medical school
At my school, this would be a death sentence. If calling changed odds, every premed would glue their cell phone to their face.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
At my school, this would be a death sentence. If calling changed odds, every premed would glue their cell phone to their face.
Yeah I feel like at most schools it would. I know dental school is pretty competitive too, nowhere near the lines of medical school but I wouldn't expect it to work there either

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah I feel like at most schools it would. I know dental school is pretty competitive too, nowhere near the lines of medical school but I wouldn't expect it to work there either
Exactly.

One thing to keep in mind for anyone who may have to reapply: "Do I want to be remembered for the wrong reasons, should I have to submit another app?".

And I also know this can be a tough time for folks. Remember hedonic adaptation. If you don't get an accept, it may feel like the worst feeling in the world, but odds are you will return to your baseline level of happiness. And for those of you who do get an accept, it's the best feeling in the world. But a smack in the face soon awaits that will bring you back to your baseline (or slightly...lower) level or happiness :rolleyes:.

Keep working hard regardless of what category you fall into and always find joy in the important things.

Members don't see this ad :)
Fourth pre-II R. This one from being on the Interview waitlist. I’m sad :(

I know where I went wrong this cycle but it still hurts.
Im surprised you didnt get any love from schools like Tulane, Rush, or your state schools. Your service experiences are amazing.

Just got my first MD interview last Sunday! Don't lose hope just yet. Still in the running until rejected.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Im surprised you didnt get any love from schools like Tulane, Rush, or your state schools. Your service experiences are amazing.
Thanks. I had originally applied to Tulane but didn't bother filling out the secondary since my app wasn't verified until mid-Sept and it looked like it was gonna be a waste of money at that point to send the secondary.

Got the R from Rush earlier this week. I'm still holding on to (a little bit of) hope since I haven't heard back from SLU or TCU, but I've been planning for my reapp since I submitted my app.

I've been slowly realizing it was a mistake to apply this year with everything going on, but hey, I wouldn't be me without a touch of "magical thinking."

I did learn my lesson though! I'm planning a reapp for next year's cycle. Too much going on to try to fit in an MCAT retake before this year's cycle opens. C'est la vie.

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks. I had originally applied to Tulane but didn't bother filling out the secondary since my app wasn't verified until mid-Sept and it looked like it was gonna be a waste of money at that point to send the secondary.

Got the R from Rush earlier this week. I'm still holding on to (a little bit of) hope since I haven't heard back from SLU or TCU, but I've been planning for my reapp since I submitted my app.

I've been slowly realizing it was a mistake to apply this year with everything going on, but hey, I wouldn't be me without a touch of "magical thinking."

I did learn my lesson though! I'm planning a reapp for next year's cycle. Too much going on to try to fit in an MCAT retake before this year's cycle opens. C'est la vie.
I wish you the very best next year if you have to reapply. The only thing that could pull you back is possibly the MCAT, assuming your LORs and other parts of your app are good. I would suggest applying also to DO schools next cycle if your goal is just to become a doctor. Good luck.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I am putting 2/26 on my calendar to send good vibes to (both) your camps!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my first MD interview last Sunday! Don't lose hope just yet. Still in the running until rejected.
Just got my first MD acceptance! Thanks, Y'all. Keep pushing!!

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
I have gotten two DO II's, one is later this month. I applied DO cause I am a reapplicant and am not getting any younger. I am still aching to get an MD interview. I keep surviving the MD DR waves so I really hope this means a late II is coming. Hoping the same for everyone here 🤞🏻
Same here, I still have yet to get an MD interview but have had better success with DO schools as a reapplicant. It’s getting awfully late, but I’m still holding out hope. I’m hoping for the best for you and everyone here.

• Care
Same here, I still have yet to get an MD interview but have had better success with DO schools as a reapplicant. It’s getting awfully late, but I’m still holding out hope. I’m hoping for the best for you and everyone here.
good luck. I am holding out hope too. my bf had an April interview last cycle, first MD interview. He had a DO interview earlier in the cycle who rejected him. He ended up getting into the school he interviewed at in April and is an M1 there now. I am hoping we all get wild stories like that

Reactions: 4 users
I've been in this thread for a while and I'm happy to say I got my first II today. I know it's a late interview though and I expect I'll be right back here with you goons talking about applying in 2022 soon enough. Godspeed to everyone else here and I appreciate the conversations we've had.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
I've been in this thread for a while and I'm happy to say I got my first II today. I know it's a late interview though and I expect I'll be right back here with you goons talking about applying in 2022 soon enough. Godspeed to everyone else here and I appreciate the conversations we've had.

Yeah, don't go in with that mentality. If they are interviewing, there is still probably a spot. Go earn it.

There are so many schools I have radiosilence from that are still sending out IIs 🤞🏻. Good luck to everyone else too!

Do you think there's any chance of getting an II in march? :( Starting to lose hope right now...

• Care
Do you think there's any chance of getting an II in march? :( Starting to lose hope right now...
Depends on your remaining schools, but planning for a reapp is in your best interest.

If this cycle is anything like last cycle (may not be due to covid delays) I believe many pre-II Rs will be going out in the next few days. I applied last cycle and more than half of my “silent Rs” turned into very loud Rs on the last day of February and first day of March. The rest trickled in from there until summer but none totally ghosted me, all 20 schools eventually sent something. It’s not over yet though, godspeed everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
If this cycle is anything like last cycle (may not be due to covid delays) I believe many pre-II Rs will be going out in the next few days. I applied last cycle and more than half of my “silent Rs” turned into very loud Rs on the last day of February and first day of March. The rest trickled in from there until summer but none totally ghosted me, all 20 schools eventually sent something. It’s not over yet though, godspeed everyone!
I definitely agree. I think some schools will be sending out R's but some of the schools I applied to are a few weeks behind so I think it will likely be less Rs this week than last year. Best of luck to everyone!

I definitely agree. I think some schools will be sending out R's but some of the schools I applied to are a few weeks behind so I think it will likely be less Rs this week than last year. Best of luck to everyone!
True, end of March/beginning of April might be the blood bath this year

True, end of March/beginning of April might be the blood bath this year
Yeah - I got responses from the 4 schools I was waiting on - all Rs - within the past 2-3 weeks. Rejection city. I'm waiting on 2 more responses but one was a waaaay reach and the other I completed late. Looking like it'll be a reapplication for me.

• Care
Considering how many schools that I applied to who are interviewing into April, I am surprised I have seen almost no interviews sent out this week

reapplicant here with no MD interviews as of yet :/ however I did submit to two DOs as a backup and got interviews at both. Just want that cheap in state MD. But if u guys want hope, the only MD interview I got last year was literally in the last week of March so I'm sure there's still a decent bit of hope for us all

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
II this morning! Came as a big ole surprise lol

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 12 users
reapplicant here with no MD interviews as of yet :/ however I did submit to two DOs as a backup and got interviews at both. Just want that cheap in state MD. But if u guys want hope, the only MD interview I got last year was literally in the last week of March so I'm sure there's still a decent bit of hope for us all
update: got an MD II last week. This school is interviewing until May. It's not over

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
6 or 7 of the schools I have applied to have sent out II's in the last two days all to people with multiple acceptances. wish that they could send one to a desperate person like me 😩

• Care
Got my first MD II today, and it's in my home state. I've been through a lot of change this past year and I really appreciate the opportunity. There is still hope and if it doesn't work out we try again.

• Love
Reactions: 18 users
What a sh*tty cycle, everyone. Let's hope this never happens again. 2020 WAS FOR THE BIRDS, not for us poor pre-med plebs who are already in deep to begin with.

Despite everyone's results, you guys hustled this past year and deserve a pat on the back. Whether you choose to go down this difficult road again or decide medicine isn't for you, I wish you all well. This thread was a real mood-lightener and a great support group for me. Make sure this thread stays alive for this upcoming cycle as I'm sure it'll help a bunch of others too.

F U 2020

I'm out.

• Care