No-II gang HOW WE FEELIN ABOUT THIS WEEK?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I ask for evidence regarding your statement and you reply with an insult (says a lot).

And simple logic points to an M3 having a bit more insight into the process than an M1, simply by being in the game longer and by spending time with actual physicians who interview on rotations.

But again, this is all due to your failure to comprehend. I was never arguing about admissions standards. I was giving hope. But I forgot, a lot of people on here just like to claim "stat superiority" and put other people down.

Evidence regarding what exactly?

Actually, what the other folks were doing was trying to narrow in on what might be holding back those iis. And, stats were cast aside as irrelevant because hers are good--so the discussion actually had nothing to do with your "stat superiority". So they were trying to be helpful. Then you oddly offered that everyone on SDN only cares about stats and to disregard what they say and I guess believe in yourself? Sound advice.

Another failure in your "simple logic"--being an M3=more time around physicians=input into the process? How do you know an M2 here doesn't have adcom parents? Have you acquired more face time than them? Or an M1 has a long time adcom family friend? Or a premed has an adcom spouse? Or a 16 year old has 10 adcom members at every thanksgiving dinner?

Or of course you can disregard all the questions, because again--the points you are trying to make have nothing to do with the conversation before you jumped into it. Almost seems like you feel you have something to prove to yourself.

Members don't see this ad.

I ask for evidence regarding your statement and you reply with an insult (says a lot).

Patient presents with RUQ dull pain, diarrhea etc.

Evidence based medicine: You, Sir, have gallbladder issues...

Insult based medicine:You, Sir, are stupid...

Evidence regarding what exactly?

Actually, what the other folks were doing was trying to narrow in on what might be holding back those iis. And, stats were cast aside as irrelevant because hers are good--so the discussion actually had nothing to do with your "stat superiority". So they were trying to be helpful. Then you oddly offered that everyone on SDN only cares about stats and to disregard what they say and I guess believe in yourself? Sound advice.

Another failure in your "simple logic"--being an M3=more time around physicians=input into the process? How do you know an M2 here doesn't have adcom parents? Have you acquired more face time than them? Or an M1 has a long time adcom family friend? Or a premed has an adcom spouse? Or a 16 year old has 10 adcom members at every thanksgiving dinner?

Or of course you can disregard all the questions, because again--the points you are trying to make have nothing to do with the conversation before you jumped into it. Almost seems like you feel you have something to prove to yourself.
Dude let it go. He said he was trying to help someone stay positive. And I think you are taking the stats thing way too literal. On SDN, when a person scores a 230 on step people basically tell them that their life is over, even though that's the average score. Same with the MCAT. I think that's the type of mentality OP was referring to (you know, never stop believing in yourself and don't let one thing get you down, keep pushing). Stats play a part, but they aren't everything.

Take a xanax.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Dude let it go. He said he was trying to help someone stay positive. And I think you are taking the stats thing way too literal. On SDN, when a person scores a 230 on step people basically tell them that their life is over, even though that's the average score. Same with the MCAT. I think that's the type of mentality OP was referring to (you know, never stop believing in yourself and don't let one thing get you down, keep pushing). Stats play a part, but they aren't everything.

Take a xanax.

Dude read the whole exchange lol. The conversation had nothing to do with stats, he brought it up. That's the ironic part.

• Okay...
Dude read the whole exchange lol. The conversation had nothing to do with stats, he brought it up. That's the ironic part.
He brought it up to the moderator stating that he agreed about the importance of stats...? I think you need to reread it. His initial post about stats were that they weren't EVERYTHING, and that is correct.

So where is the problem? That he didn't know about the OP's post history or application status? So he is failing in not doing his proper SDN research or by not being an invasive creeper? Or is he a jerk simply by being nice?

I don't necessarily agree with his initial M3 > M1 post, but you will soon see how cringe worthy premed culture is when someone with a 502 mcat beats your butt on every exam.

Last edited by a moderator:
He brought it up to the moderator stating that he agreed about the importance of stats...? I think you need to reread it. His initial post about stats were that they weren't EVERYTHING, and that is correct.

So where is the problem? That he didn't know about the OP's post history or application status? So he is failing in not doing his proper SDN research or by not being an invasive creeper? Or is he a jerk simply by being nice?

M235: "I mean you have decent stats, especially for DO schools. Surprised you haven't gotten more DO interviews. Could you have a red flag? Did you have anyone read your PS/secondaries? "

As in, stats are irrelevant, what else could be the issue?

BB: "This is SDN, all applications are dependent purely on stats. If I posted mine anonymously, premeds and verified faculty would tell me I would have no shot at being admitted. Even though I received many MD interviews back in my app year (my reapp year) and am now a 3rd year med student with a 240+ step 1.

Keep pushing and if any of you need to reapply, don’t do it until you are sure you won’t be denied (and apply to 30+ schools). "

Huh?

M235: "No one said that (at least not in this case). But if you want to say stats don’t play a role, you’re either naive or being disingenuous. The whole point was that her stats are more than fine for DO schools, so I’m curious what the rest of her app looks like since she only has one DO II so far. "

As in, uh, what did that have to do with anything?

BB: "Whoa whoa take it easy, chief. I didn't even realize the reply was to you. I simply saw "Isn't application more than stats?" and replied by saying that yes, indeed there is more to an application than stats. You might need to take a break from this place...way too trigger happy. Love seeing an M1 call an M3 naive though. 6 months in and you're a hardened criminal already. You must be careful to not allow the internet to give you false powers of knowing the intent behind everyone's statements.

Stats can get your foot in the door, or they open the door, however you would like me to put it. In the entirety of the application, however, they are only a part. Which is why you see 522 3.9's reapplying. "

Huh?

• Haha
M235: "I mean you have decent stats, especially for DO schools. Surprised you haven't gotten more DO interviews. Could you have a red flag? Did you have anyone read your PS/secondaries? "

As in, stats are irrelevant, what else could be the issue?

BB: "This is SDN, all applications are dependent purely on stats. If I posted mine anonymously, premeds and verified faculty would tell me I would have no shot at being admitted. Even though I received many MD interviews back in my app year (my reapp year) and am now a 3rd year med student with a 240+ step 1.

Keep pushing and if any of you need to reapply, don’t do it until you are sure you won’t be denied (and apply to 30+ schools). "

Huh?

M235: "No one said that (at least not in this case). But if you want to say stats don’t play a role, you’re either naive or being disingenuous. The whole point was that her stats are more than fine for DO schools, so I’m curious what the rest of her app looks like since she only has one DO II so far. "

As in, uh, what did that have to do with anything?

BB: "Whoa whoa take it easy, chief. I didn't even realize the reply was to you. I simply saw "Isn't application more than stats?" and replied by saying that yes, indeed there is more to an application than stats. You might need to take a break from this place...way too trigger happy. Love seeing an M1 call an M3 naive though. 6 months in and you're a hardened criminal already. You must be careful to not allow the internet to give you false powers of knowing the intent behind everyone's statements.

Stats can get your foot in the door, or they open the door, however you would like me to put it. In the entirety of the application, however, they are only a part. Which is why you see 522 3.9's reapplying. "

Huh?

And you are AGAIN failing to see his reply to the moderator or to that mmchick person (whoever it was) in that he did not read any of the other posts and had no idea regarding the application status of OP, he was simply replying to "there is more to an app than stats" comment by the original poster.

Again, you are reading WAY too hard into this. Once he said that, it should have been over. He commented without full knowledge of the entire convo (rookie move). Nevertheless, his original statement is good natured and truthful. He was commenting on that specific part of the convo (AS HE STATED NUMEROUS TIMES).

Reactions: 1 users
1. I wanted to stop reading after "melodramatic". Writing an attack essay in response to an original post that was meant to help someone stay positive is the definition of melodramatic.

2. I don't care about anyone's MD or DO interview invites. OP asked "isn't there more to an app than stats?" to which I agreed, "yes there is". I didn't go through his/her post history.

3. You are exhibiting classic SDN behavior. You haven't stepped foot in a medical school as a student and now that you are accepted, you are somehow "above" your fellow premeds and are even arrogant enough to call someone else's application and season "lackluster". Online bullying must be something you take pride in.

If you want to get real, no one should be taking advice from me, or you. You're a premed, and I'm a mere medical student.

Data? Or are you just assuming, as you sound like a makeshift SDN playbook? And again, I wasn't talking about MD or DO. Was simply trying to help someone stay positive.

Paradoxical that you think reciting things you read on SDN somehow gives you authority over someone 3 years ahead of you...

To the OP, I didn't even realize that you were applying MD or DO. I merely tried to answer your first question and give you some hope. If you read my previous history on this thread, I have said to remain objective and to only reapply when you make yourself undeniable (if you should have to reapply). Leave it to the SDN "hive" to throw a fit over something so benign.
Sir this is a Wendy's

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Thanks for the replied everyone But I did NOT mean to cause this much drama :bag:

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Thanks for the replied everyone But I did NOT mean to cause this much drama :bag:
Want real advice? First, get off SDN and get true, meaningful advice from people who actually have your best interest in mind (family, trusted teacher, even a caring soul at a med school who is willing to tell you why they rejected you).

Then, ignore premeds and medical students attempting to give you advice. Recently accepted premeds are only giving you advice to feed their ego's, as they now think they are better than you since they have an acceptance in hand. Either that or they think that their application is THE application of how you get into medical school, which will change once a classmate from a no name school with a subpar mcat will get AOA. Medical students are only giving you advice because if they are post-step 1, they have been through the wringer and now think they know it all as a consequence.

You can thank me later. Best of luck.

• Wow
1. I wanted to stop reading after "melodramatic". Writing an attack essay in response to an original post that was meant to help someone stay positive is the definition of melodramatic.

Lmao dude go read a textbook or go to class or something. Every way you've responded has been quite a not so pleasant look. Again, no one cares about the hierarchy you seem to love so much. Really couldn't care any less you're M-anything and what you think about me as someone just getting into school and how you value my opinions or not. It's an open public forum, anyone is game to provide their opinion.

I always love those stone casters that literally cannot help themselves to the point where they are drowning in their own hypocrisy. Your posts have been nothing but putting others down based on their status and how you're holier than thou because you're 3 years into school.

As an M3, I'm shocked you have this much time to waste your time. & I thought composure was something "M3s" should have down by now.

In summary, OP should take the few strands of advice tangled in this **** show and objectively review all aspects of her application vs automatically assuming one thing over the other before attempting another round. And this would be my consistent advice whether I was accepted, a non-applicant, or a farmer.

Lmao dude go read a textbook or go to class or something. Every way you've responded has been quite a not so pleasant look. Again, no one cares about the hierarchy you seem to love so much. Really couldn't care any less you're M-anything and what you think about me as someone just getting into school and how you value my opinions or not. It's an open public forum, anyone is game to provide their opinion.

I always love those stone casters that literally cannot help themselves to the point where they are drowning in their own hypocrisy. Your posts have been nothing but putting others down based on their status and how you're holier than thou because you're 3 years into school.

As an M3, I'm shocked you have this much time to waste your time. I thought composure was something "M3s" should have down by now.
Oh you'll be surprised. I have classmates who act like children with phenomenal grades.

And talk about hypocrisy, you apparently know everything. You keep putting people down left and right with your nose in the air: "I'm surprised by this" "hierarchy that". You're a premed: end of story. M3 > M1 is common knowledge and isn't an insult. If I was a premed again, I would never take advice from someone who just got into med school. It's like taking advice on how to hit a baseball from someone who just picked up the bat.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh you'll be surprised. I have classmates who act like children with phenomenal grades.

And talk about hypocrisy, you apparently know everything. You keep putting people down left and right with your nose in the air: "I'm surprised by this" "hierarchy that". You're a premed: end of story. M3 > M1 is common knowledge and isn't an insult. If I was a premed again, I would never take advice from someone who just got into med school. It's like taking advice on how to hit a baseball from someone who just picked up the bat.

Considering the topic is specifically getting into med school, a better analogy would involve getting into the majors or onto a varsity team or something like that. In which case, if your goal is to get onto the varsity team, someone who recently got on it is a good source of info.

And talk about hypocrisy, you apparently know everything. You keep putting people down. M3 > M1 is common knowledge. If I was a premed again, I would never take advice from someone who just got into med school. It's like taking advice on how to hit a baseball from someone who just picked up the bat.

You're right. It's not like I'm currently in the process we're trying to help OP with and that this immediate immersion would be considered useful. She certainly should exclusively turn to people who are hitting HRs in your analogy and years removed from the process of learning how to pick up a bat. Makes sense.

As an M3, I'm shocked you have this much time to waste your time. & I thought composure was something "M3s" should have down by now.

In summary, OP should take the few strands of advice tangled in this **** show and objectively review all aspects of her application vs automatically assuming one thing over the other before attempting another round. And this would be my consistent advice whether I was accepted, a non-applicant, or a farmer.

You should read this...(a few posts back). DO they still test y'all on reading comprehension? Or are we just choosing to see what we want to see?

And you are AGAIN failing to see his reply to the moderator or to that mmchick person (whoever it was) in that he did not read any of the other posts and had no idea regarding the application status of OP, he was simply replying to "there is more to an app than stats" comment by the original poster.

Again, you are reading WAY too hard into this. Once he said that, it should have been over. He commented without full knowledge of the entire convo (rookie move). Nevertheless, his original statement is good natured and truthful. He was commenting on that specific part of the convo (AS HE STATED NUMEROUS TIMES).

Considering the topic is specifically getting into med school, a better analogy would involve getting into the majors or onto a varsity team or something like that. In which case, if your goal is to get onto the varsity team, someone who recently got on it is a good source of info.
Again, you're reading too far into this. I feel like I'm in front of congress. Premeds know what they hear on SDN, what their friends tell them, and what their accepted app tells them (and what their premed advisor who majored in English tells them).

Medical students see people from all different backgrounds who vary VASTLY in academic ability (MCAT, GPA, etc.) but yet, were still accepted and perform well to superb. That is all.

End point: It is not uncommon for premeds to think that med schools are filled with Tom Bradys. In reality, there are bench warmers too who end up having successful careers. It takes all kinds and all kinds are accepted.

Sorry, I'm gone. Just hate seeing unrightfully attacks on here. If you look at my post history, it's kind of my thing. Carry on.

...........just to bring this thread back to topic....wishing a good rest of February to those still waiting on II! Some schools send them out until March/April especially if they have cancellations! We should always be prepping for a reapplication until we have an acceptance in hand but also don’t give up hope yet, send update letters and crossing my fingers for you all to hear good news soon :love:

Reactions: 19 users
...........just to bring this thread back to topic....wishing a good rest of February to those still waiting on II! Some schools send them out until March/April especially if they have cancellations! We should always be prepping for a reapplication until we have an acceptance in hand but also don’t give up hope yet, send update letters and crossing my fingers for you all to hear good news soon :love:
Especially DO schools, they interview until end of April sometimes! Like they said normal invites through March, not counting cancellations.I whisper to myself as I wait on Rowan...
And now we back on topic. Its hard to predict what kind of innocent comments can totally derail a thread :laugh:

This is literally the worst time to argue with premeds who got accepted. They now all gang up on people, know everything, will all score 260+ on step 1, and will tell other premeds how awful their chances are even though they were praying for an acceptance just a few short months ago.

Lighten up people. What are you mad about? That he told someone that there are more than stats and a MODERATOR attacked his efforts? The internet will be the downfall of humanity.
Ain't none of us recently accepted gonna score a 260+. Best we can get will be a P lol

Reactions: 4 users
Ain't none of us recently accepted gonna score a 260+. Best we can get will be a P lol
It needed to happen, but this is non-strategic and not well thought out.

I feel sorry for you guys. Especially DOs. But third year and perhaps preclinical is going to be cutthroat, I'd imagine. Say goodbye to Zanki and work on making a step 2 deck.

• Dislike
I just pray to all Gods that we all will perform as well and self-confident in a code as we do on SDN. o_O

• Haha
Lighten up people. What are you mad about? That he told someone that there are more than stats and a MODERATOR attacked his efforts? The internet will be the downfall of humanity.

You might want to reread the thread. The MODERATOR said that stats are important, but given that the poster in question had plenty decent stats, there might be something else going on/missing from her app.

The poster you quoted then said that people are saying stats is all that matters, which no one said. The moderator then proceeded to explain twice that his whole point was that stats aren’t everything, which is why the poster might not be getting a better yield on interviews. This was ignored, and instead it was implied that somehow being an M3 versus and M1 means you know more about admissions, despite not actually arguing anything different than what I said.

So I’m not sure what you’re referring to. If someone would like to discuss why I’m wrong for saying that stats are important but not the only part of the app that is important, then have at it. But most of us are saying the same thing, which is what I’ve been pointing out. You are tilting at windmills for some reason.

No one needs to be arguing, because we are all saying the same thing. So let’s just keep it supportive. I know this is a stressful time for people, but no one here should be your enemy (edit: that “you” applies to everyone here).

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Guys let it go seriously. This thread is about No II gang. Please just end this back and forth.

Reactions: 10 users
Speaking of no-II's, after my WAMC post, I think I've finally identified that the reason I still belong in this group is because my app had good stats, pretty writing, and no real substance. I wanted to thank you guys for being so supportive and giving me a place to express myself while I basically went through the five stages of grief lol. I hope to see you all on SDN as successful MSs or successful re-applicants next year (or the year after, depending on when I feel ready to put myself through this again. Still carefully weighing my options.)

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Speaking of no-II's, after my WAMC post, I think I've finally identified that the reason I still belong in this group is because my app had good stats, pretty writing, and no real substance. I wanted to thank you guys for being so supportive and giving me a place to express myself while I basically went through the five stages of grief lol. I hope to see you all on SDN as successful MSs or successful re-applicants next year (or the year after, depending on when I feel ready to put myself through this again. Still carefully weighing my options.)
Rooting for you! You got this!!! :highfive:

• Love

no real substance?

Rooting for you! You got this!!! :highfive:
Thank you dear friend! You've been so supportive and I'm really rooting for you too!! <3 are you for sure trying again with a different school list?
no real substance?
yes, basically lacking in non-clinical volunteering and clinical exposure. Also, school list. Feel free to check the post if you're curious

Thank you dear friend! You've been so supportive and I'm really rooting for you too!! <3 are you for sure trying again with a different school list?

yes, basically lacking in non-clinical volunteering and clinical exposure. Also, school list. Feel free to check the post if you're curious

this process really breaks us down so all we can do is support each other through it! I did get one II (which I’m incredibly grateful for) but until I have an acceptance I’m going to be planning ahead on the reapplication, definitely with a better school list too

Reactions: 3 users
this process really breaks us down so all we can do is support each other through it! I did get one II (which I’m incredibly grateful for) but until I have an acceptance I’m going to be planning ahead on the reapplication, definitely with a better school list too

Im on this exact boat right now too unfortunately. Gonna be really hard to save all of that money again.

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users

Glad you got some good advice in the WAMC thread!

Got my second MD II today. Don’t lose out hope everyone. II’s still coming!

• Love
Reactions: 18 users
No longer hoping for interviews this cycle, but SO PROUD of everyone regardless of # of interviews, A's, or WL's! This cycle's been a doozy. I'll be here sending my updates and prepping to come back kickin' in 2021 :cool:

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
No longer hoping for interviews this cycle, but SO PROUD of everyone regardless of # of interviews, A's, or WL's! This cycle's been a doozy. I'll be here sending my updates and prepping to come back kickin' in 2021 :cool:
You got this!!!!

Only 1 II. Hoping for that one to become an A. Id be honored to hold just 1 A.

I got waitlisted at my 1 MD interview. So I’m hoping for one more interview just in case I don’t get off the waitlist. Feeling hopeful but so much uncertainty. :(

Reactions: 3 users
I got waitlisted at my 1 MD interview. So I’m hoping for one more interview just in case I don’t get off the waitlist. Feeling hopeful but so much uncertainty. :(
I completely get you on the uncertainty aspect being a massive bummer. Initiate your plan B now so that it keeps you busy and provides a path forward if things don't work out.

Some mid & low tier schools are still inviting! A friend of mine has had 3 II in the past 2 weeks. Hang in there people!

• Love
Reactions: 12 users