No-II gang HOW WE FEELIN ABOUT THIS WEEK?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
YESSSSSSS!!!!! I've been HOPING you would get an invite!!!!!! No exaggeration, this made my day. I am so happy for you! GO OUT THERE AND SHINE!
Omg gonna make me cry all over again seriously so grateful for your support!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!! :love:

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If anyone else has watched 'Cheer' on Netflix...I am officially loving the Jerry-esque mat talk interview hype in this forum. So here for it.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
My beautiful family, I cannot believe I am able to type this, but I just got my first interview invite!!!! I am shocked but so so so excited!!!!! Anything is truly possible
Very happy for you. I know it has been a long wait. As many said go kill the interview make it an acceptance.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Very happy for you. I know it has been a long wait. As many said go kill the interview make it an acceptance.
Thank you so much!!! :love: Definitely has been a long wait but I guess this patience paid off :D

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Pretty much at the point where not receiving an R has me elated lol!

Pretty much at the point where not receiving an R has me elated lol!
Had a nightmare that I got R's from all the schools I applied to. Literally the schools I interviewed at, every school I hadnt heard from yet- all on one day.( A nightmare as in a bad dream while I slept not a living nightmare)

Had a nightmare that I got R's from all the schools I applied to. Literally the schools I interviewed at, every school I hadnt heard from yet- all on one day.( A nightmare as in a bad dream while I slept not a living nightmare)

Every time I see R waves from people around my submission date I start feeling like a II is possible although im sure almost no correlation exists so who knows.

still no II and the cycles almost over

Sorry to hear about that. Hopefully you’ve continued some ECs over the application cycle. Get started now on a reapplication. Whether that’s rewriting personal statement and secondaries, retaking MCAT, or continuing ECs. I suggest going to “what are my chances” forum and posting about advice for where you need to improve. Maybe it’s your school list.

<3 I would refocus your energy on enhancing or continuing extracurriculars, rewriting everything, and evaluating if more long-term changes (gpa enhancement or mcat) are needed. As the cycle winds down reach out to the schools that have rejected you for feedback. Some schools flat out don't offer it, some do, and some only in certain circumstances (such as no other ii). Best of luck to you, I know how crummy this feels. We've got this!

Last edited:
Every time I see R waves from people around my submission date I start feeling like a II is possible although im sure almost no correlation exists so who knows.
You know, Im still having this eerie feeling like I'll get the axe from both schools I interviewed at. Like, I had invites, then I got pre-II axed from a couple of places, now I'm afraid that'll just be the pattern from now on. Like I still have that "feeling like I've already been rejected." thing going on.
Im sorry for this ****post here in the no invite thread but I don't wanna start a whole new thread for it and this is sort of an all woes thread.

Keep the faith! Some schools interviewing through April!

I know several people who got in after submitting to AMCAS for reapp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep the faith! Some schools interviewing through April!

I know several people who got in after submitting to AMCAS for reapp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One school in particular was talking about how they accepted a person literally the day before orientation and she had to uproot her life to join the class. Crazy story but just goes to show it’s always possible

Reactions: 3 users
One school in particular was talking about how they accepted a person literally the day before orientation and she had to uproot her life to join the class. Crazy story but just goes to show it’s always possible

Ill uproot my life any day if it means attending a medical school

Happened with a couple of my classmates.
Me waiting for Rowan DO to send me some luv...pleese:oops:
I only applied to a dozen schools so I can't really expect more than a 2-3 invitations total so a third one, from a DO school, still seems possible.

I only applied to a dozen schools so I can't really expect more than a 2-3 invitations total so a third one, from a DO school, still seems possible.
Withdrew from three As today. Rowan wasn’t one of them, but 2 out of 3 were DO schools. Good luck!

Last edited:
  • Love

I mean you have decent stats, especially for DO schools. Surprised you haven't gotten more DO interviews. Could you have a red flag? Did you have anyone read your PS/secondaries?

I mean you have decent stats, especially for DO schools. Surprised you haven't gotten more DO interviews. Could you have a red flag? Did you have anyone read your PS/secondaries?
I had many people read my essays! I think like 7 people total for my PS and....two-ish people for each of my secondary essays, at least.

The only red flag I could have is the 2 W's from my sophomore year- but since I got 2/12 interview invites ( which is still technically a good return rate, if I had a red flag and only applied to a dozen schools I would have turned up nada, especially since I was complete a little later than ideal.)
including one from my selective state school . My state school has a strong IS bias, but MA candidates are a lot like CA candidates- some of the strongest of the applicant pool.I don't think that was perceived overly negatively, or I would not have gotten the UMASS interview invite.

I'm thinking if I gave the DO schools more time I can net another one- I wasn't complete at Rowan until mid-Oct because I had the committee letter issues, and then my MCAT score wasn't attached to my app, and then the Rowan secondary took me a long time, and I had I think three folks total help me with it...so that was def. a solid essay.I mean, the other DO school I was invited to has an IS bias, just like Rowan does, so I'm thinking IS bias can't be the only thing. Rowan also does do pre-II R's, so no R means I can still be in the game.

I had many people read my essays! I think like 7 people total for my PS and....two-ish people for each of my secondary essays, at least.

The only red flag I could have is the 2 W's from my sophomore year- but since I got 2/12 interview invites ( which is still technically a good return rate, if I had a red flag and only applied to a dozen schools I would have turned up nada, especially since I was complete a little later than ideal.)
including one from my selective state school . My state school has a strong IS bias, but MA candidates are a lot like CA candidates- some of the strongest of the applicant pool.I don't think that was perceived overly negatively, or I would not have gotten the UMASS interview invite.

I'm thinking if I gave the DO schools more time I can net another one- I wasn't complete at Rowan until mid-Oct because I had the committee letter issues, and then my MCAT score wasn't attached to my app, and then the Rowan secondary took me a long time, and I had I think three folks total help me with it...so that was def. a solid essay.I mean, the other DO school I was invited to has an IS bias, just like Rowan does, so I'm thinking IS bias can't be the only thing. Rowan also does do pre-II R's, so no R means I can still be in the game.

I think what matt935 is saying is with your stats you would expect 5/5 II at the DO schools. It is pretty strange the other 4 haven’t gotten back to you. Maybe it is just a matter of time though, they say the DO cycle runs longer right?

I think what matt935 is saying is with your stats you would expect 5/5 II at the DO schools. It is pretty strange the other 4 haven’t gotten back to you. Maybe it is just a matter of time though, they say the DO cycle runs longer right?
Isn't application more than just stats?My EC's are good but not spectacular, and there are other things to the app.
Yeah most DO schools interview until end of April or even into May. Im praying for some more luck. But since I got axed a few times in a row it's making me nervous.

If anyone else has watched 'Cheer' on Netflix...I am officially loving the Jerry-esque mat talk interview hype in this forum. So here for it.
This is quite possibly the best comment I've ever seen on SDN. Also, if you liked Cheer, check out The Circle. They're all SO SWEET. Both shows gave me the warm and fuzzies. LET'S GO!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
This is quite possibly the best comment I've ever seen on SDN. Also, if you liked Cheer, check out The Circle. They're all SO SWEET. Both shows gave me the warm and fuzzies. LET'S GO!!!!!!!!
The Circle is an absolute gem!!! I was hooked immediately after Joey's very poignant "RIP to our dead homie" when the first person was voted off. Heart emoji smile emoji SEND

• Love
The Circle is an absolute gem!!! I was hooked immediately after Joey's very poignant "RIP to our dead homie" when the first person was voted off. Heart emoji smile emoji SEND
#JoeyandShubi4lyf *does crazy hand movements* SEND

• Haha
Just wanted to check in and say there are still some interviews out there in the wild. Just today I got a II to a school after my latest being in January and before that all the way in september. These thinks are odd as heck

I read this in Pam’s voice. I’m binge watching The Office right now. My 3rd time watching through. On Season 7. :)

• Haha
Isn't application more than just stats?My EC's are good but not spectacular, and there are other things to the app.
Yeah most DO schools interview until end of April or even into May. Im praying for some more luck. But since I got axed a few times in a row it's making me nervous.
This is SDN, all applications are dependent purely on stats. If I posted mine anonymously, premeds and verified faculty would tell me I would have no shot at being admitted. Even though I received many MD interviews back in my app year (my reapp year) and am now a 3rd year med student with a 240+ step 1.

Keep pushing and if any of you need to reapply, don’t do it until you are sure you won’t be denied (and apply to 30+ schools).

Reactions: 5 users
This is SDN, all applications are dependent purely on stats. If I posted mine anonymously, premeds and verified faculty would tell me I would have no shot at being admitted. Even though I received many MD interviews back in my app year (my reapp year) and am now a 3rd year med student with a 240+ step 1.

Keep pushing and if any of you need to reapply, don’t do it until you are sure you won’t be denied (and apply to 30+ schools).
I hope both of the schools I interviewed don't axe me...
And yes SDN is way too cynical

No one said that (at least not in this case). But if you want to say stats don’t play a role, you’re either naive or being disingenuous. The whole point was that her stats are more than fine for DO schools, so I’m curious what the rest of her app looks like since she only has one DO II so far.

No one said that (at least not in this case). But if you want to say stats don’t play a role, you’re either naive or being disingenuous. The whole point was that her stats are more than fine for DO schools, so I’m curious what the rest of her app looks like since she only has one DO II so far.
Whoa whoa take it easy, chief. I didn't even realize the reply was to you. I simply saw "Isn't application more than stats?" and replied by saying that yes, indeed there is more to an application than stats. You might need to take a break from this place...way too trigger happy. Love seeing an M1 call an M3 naive though. 6 months in and you're a hardened criminal already. You must be careful to not allow the internet to give you false powers of knowing the intent behind everyone's statements.

Stats can get your foot in the door, or they open the door, however you would like me to put it. In the entirety of the application, however, they are only a part. Which is why you see 522 3.9's reapplying.

• Wow
  • Dislike
Reactions: 6 users
Whoa whoa take it easy, chief. I didn't even realize the reply was to you. I simply saw "Isn't application more than stats?" and replied by saying that yes, indeed there is more to an application than stats. You might need to take a break from this place...way too trigger happy. Love seeing an M1 call an M3 naive though. 6 months in and you're a hardened criminal already. You must be careful to not allow the internet to give you false powers of knowing the intent behind everyone's statements.

lol, okay. Nice posturing.

Stats can get your foot in the door, or they open the door, however you would like me to put it. In the entirety of the application, however, they are only a part. Which is why you see 522 3.9's reapplying.

I totally agree. That was actually my point, which I've said twice now. You're tilting at windmills.

522 3.9s reapplying presumably because ECs couldn’t match the stats for the high tier and yield protect from the low tier really has nothing to do with 511 3.5 and DO iis. The point was those stats would likely garner DO iis even with mediocre ECs which isn’t even the case here cause the ECs are fine. Weird that being 2 years ahead somehow gives you authority about a one time process you both went through. When you were a junior in college did you also tell the freshman that they don’t know how getting into college works like you do?

• Haha
Whoa whoa take it easy, chief. I didn't even realize the reply was to you. I simply saw "Isn't application more than stats?" and replied by saying that yes, indeed there is more to an application than stats. You might need to take a break from this place...way too trigger happy. Love seeing an M1 call an M3 naive though. 6 months in and you're a hardened criminal already.

This is probably the most melodramatic response I've seen in a while, even for SDN. You've way overblown the level of emotional distress the previous poster was in. I don't think anyone truly cares what M-anything you are, the beloved hierarchy pre-meds kiss ass from the bottom of doesn't exactly matter on an anonymous internet forum.

The general sentiment of your first post was a bit odd and contradictory; stats don't matter but then also make sure you grind hard enough to achieve some imaginary level of certainty that you won't get rejected, which doesn't exist by the way. Stats matter than just opening the door. They pretty much place you on an objective standard - the only objectivity in the process by the way - when compared to your counterparts. The goods and gushies that you do on the side are what give you movement on the sliding scale of subjectivity, but unless you have the stats, none of that stuff matters even remotely.

Those struggling in a cycle should start from objectively analyzing their competitiveness from a stats-perspective, if that's in check, move onto ECs, etc. That's all anyone is saying in regards to OP and her lackluster amount of DO IIs.

• Dislike
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
This is probably the most melodramatic response I've seen in a while, even for SDN. I don't think anyone truly cares what M-anything you are, the beloved hierarchy pre-meds kiss ass from the bottom of doesn't exactly matter on an anonymous internet forum.

That's all anyone is saying in regards to OP and her lackluster amount of DO IIs.

1. I wanted to stop reading after "melodramatic". Writing an attack essay in response to an original post that was meant to help someone stay positive is the definition of melodramatic.

2. I don't care about anyone's MD or DO interview invites. OP asked "isn't there more to an app than stats?" to which I agreed, "yes there is". I didn't go through his/her post history.

3. You are exhibiting classic SDN behavior. You haven't stepped foot in a medical school as a student and now that you are accepted, you are somehow "above" your fellow premeds and are even arrogant enough to call someone else's application and season "lackluster". Online bullying must be something you take pride in.

If you want to get real, no one should be taking advice from me, or you. You're a premed, and I'm a mere medical student.

522 3.9s reapplying presumably because ECs couldn’t match the stats for the high tier and yield protect from the low tier really has nothing to do with 511 3.5 and DO iis.

Data? Or are you just assuming, as you sound like a makeshift SDN playbook? And again, I wasn't talking about MD or DO. Was simply trying to help someone stay positive.

Weird that being 2 years ahead somehow gives you authority about a one time process you both went through. When you were a junior in college did you also tell the freshman that they don’t know how getting into college works like you do?

Paradoxical that you think reciting things you read on SDN somehow gives you authority over someone 3 years ahead of you...

To the OP, I didn't even realize that you were applying MD or DO. I merely tried to answer your first question and give you some hope. If you read my previous history on this thread, I have said to remain objective and to only reapply when you make yourself undeniable (if you should have to reapply). Leave it to the SDN "hive" to throw a fit over something so benign.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
  • Love
1. I wanted to stop reading after "melodramatic". Writing an attack essay in response to an original post that was meant to help someone stay positive is the definition of melodramatic.

2. I don't care about anyone's MD or DO interview invites. OP asked "isn't there more to an app than stats?" to which I agreed, "yes there is". I didn't go through his/her post history.

3. You are exhibiting classic SDN behavior. You haven't stepped foot in a medical school as a student and now that you are accepted, you are somehow "above" your fellow premeds and are even arrogant enough to call someone else's application and season "lackluster". Online bullying must be something you take pride in.

Data? Or are you just assuming, as you sound like a makeshift SDN playbook? And again, I wasn't talking about MD or DO. Was simply trying to help someone stay positive.

Paradoxical that you think reciting things you read on SDN somehow gives you authority over someone 3 years ahead of you...

To the OP, I didn't even realize that you were applying MD or DO. I merely tried to answer your first question and give you some hope. If you read my previous history on this thread, I have said to remain objective and to only reapply when you make yourself undeniable (if you should have to reapply). Leave it to the SDN "hive" to throw a fit over something so benign.

I don't think I have authority over anyone based on something so stupid. I am not a loser.

• Haha
I don't think I have authority over anyone based on something so stupid. I am not a loser.
I ask for evidence regarding your statement and you reply with an insult (says a lot).

And simple logic points to an M3 having a bit more insight into the process than an M1, simply by being in the game longer and by spending time with actual physicians who interview on rotations.

But again, this is all due to your failure to comprehend. I was never arguing about admissions standards. I was giving hope. But I forgot, a lot of people on here just like to claim "stat superiority" and put other people down.

And by definition, we are both losers. People don't spend time putting other people down and arguing on SDN if they have interesting lives...

• Wow
I ask for evidence regarding your statement and you reply with an insult (says a lot).

And simple logic points to an M3 having a bit more insight into the process than an M1, simply by being in the game longer and by spending time with actual physicians who interview on rotations.

But again, this is all due to your failure to comprehend. I was never arguing about admissions standards. I was giving hope. But I forgot, a lot of people on here just like to claim "stat superiority" and put other people down.

And by definition, we are both losers. People don't spend time putting other people down and arguing on SDN if they have interesting lives...
This is literally the worst time to argue with premeds who got accepted. They now all gang up on people, know everything, will all score 260+ on step 1, and will tell other premeds how awful their chances are even though they were praying for an acceptance just a few short months ago.

Lighten up people. What are you mad about? That he told someone that there are more than stats and a MODERATOR attacked his efforts? The internet will be the downfall of humanity.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users