No-II gang HOW WE FEELIN ABOUT THIS WEEK?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My first interview invite had a 2 day turnaround.

haha yes with your LizzyM of 80+, Im surprised it's not like a 2 hr turnaround!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm gonna wait until September 1, maybe sooner, and if I don't hear anything I plan to:

1) Withdraw all my apps
2) Go full neurotic and create a thread asking if a 512 is good for Carib

you'll be the biggest fish that pond. a 512 is great for the Caribbean

you'll be the biggest fish that pond. a 512 is great for the Caribbean

Lol I was just joking around. On a more serious note I don't think I could ever go to a Caribbean school. Not so much for the reputation it has but more so being that far away from home.

Lol I was just joking around. On a more serious note I don't think I could ever go to a Caribbean school. Not so much for the reputation it has but more so being that far away from home.
Just admit it. You’re scared of sharks...

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
No II gang, keep those heads up! Just received my first II...now to figure out how to not blow the interview...:help:

I know this technically means I am no longer part of the No-II gang, but I'm in it to see everyone get through fam!

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
No II gang, keep those heads up! Just received my first II...now to figure out how to not blow the interview...:help:

I know this technically means I am no longer part of the No-II gang, but I'm in it to see everyone get through fam!
It brings me great pleasure to kick you out of the no II gang, Wrench. Seriously though nicely done!

• Haha
It brings me great pleasure to kick you out of the no II gang, Wrench. Seriously though nicely done!

Hahaha I accept my termination, but upon joining I forgot to ask if there will be a pension moving forward? Iduno if you watch The Office, but I'll be like Andy when he got fired and keep showing up here. I appreciate the kind words and can't wait to share the same excitement with other no-II gang members. It's gonna happen!

Reactions: 1 user
Became complete at a lot of schools a week ago. Got 2 II’s this week!

• Wow
Reactions: 10 users
No longer part of the gang :[

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Still (idk how I’m feeling about this tho) in the gang...

I feel you lol. Put in the time to get a decent LizzyM but still silence :/

And yes I know LizzyM isn't predictive technically lol I'm just saying

Straight up, youre def good this cycle at some point man. Whether its now or october. I heard of people getting the silent treatment with a solid wars/lm like you have until mid-sept to mid-nov and then getting hit with a huge wave and a seemingly ****ty cycle turned out to be sick.

Clearly you put the time in to get the good LM/WARs. Youre complete early at 20 schools. You put the effort in the past 4-5 years, and schools will recognize that.

Get off SDN if you need to or find something to fill the time. Waiting day by day will only make it worse

Reactions: 10 users
Straight up, youre def good this cycle at some point man. Whether its now or october. I heard of people getting the silent treatment with a solid wars/lm like you have until mid-sept to mid-nov and then getting hit with a huge wave and a seemingly ****ty cycle turned out to be sick.

Clearly you put the time in to get the good LM/WARs. Youre complete early at 20 schools. You put the effort in the past 4-5 years, and schools will recognize that.

Get off SDN if you need to or find something to fill the time. Waiting day by day will only make it worse

Thanks for the advice : )

Yea I’ve read some stats and I’m starting to realize how long this process really is lol. I’m gonna try to be less active on SDN/reddit/whatnot. Best of luck to you this cycle too!

Thanks for the advice : )

Yea I’ve read some stats and I’m starting to realize how long this process really is lol. I’m gonna try to be less active on SDN/reddit/whatnot. Best of luck to you this cycle too!
Cheers man, I should too at some point. Prob after I finish the last few lingering secondaries since I added a few more lol.

I feel that sometimes its really hard to imagine a different life as a premed, and that there is so much else to be doing besides worrying about this cycle. Yes, its our career, our future, etc. However, Its comforting to me to know that 1 year will mean nothing when Im 80 and reflecting on when I finally get in.

Once as youre complete at all schools, you may as well just be done with the cycle entirely and just hear back as you do without checking in on others, because ultimately, no matter how objective you are about your standings as an applicant, it is human nature to compare but there is so much behind the numbers that impacts everyones cycle so differently. An LM/WARS is a fragment, albeit an important one premed wise, of one's life.

Enough with the rambling deep ****. I guess I myself am looking for something to cling onto this cycle, however it is still so early on and I forget that sometimes too

GN all :)

I was no-II gang until mid September last year then I got over 5 with the last one being in April be patient guys im sure youre good

Reactions: 6 users
1566583528183.png

Me waiting patiently, knowing its almost the weekend

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
Has anyone else had anxiety dreams? Just me? Heh

Has anyone else had anxiety dreams? Just me? Heh
My moms superstitious sometimes and one of them is astrological dates. I dreamt I got an II to loyola and asking her what dates are good to go, and she was taking so long to find out that I watched them disappear one by one and by the time she told me a good date range, there was only May left lol

Yuppppp lol wake up middle of the night and check my emails to see if maybe I got an invite at 3 am :laugh:

Did anyone see that r/premed post (or maybe it was here) about how adcoms can check how many times you access a school's portal lmao

If they did that I'd be deemed neurotic af for sure

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone see that r/premed post (or maybe it was here) about how adcoms can check how many times you access a school's portal lmao

If they did that I'd be deemed neurotic af for sure
OMFG that cannot be real LOL cus I would be at like 1,000+ for every school. But if they do maybe they’ll see it as enthusiasm and excitement for their school??? Lol

This is not a laughing matter! Hah. I had a dream I was rejected from like 5 schools, but accepted to 4+ that I liked more.
More of a nervous anxiety laugh tbh lol hoping that the last part of your dream comes true!!

Can they?! Do they?! Would they?! @LizzyM @Goro

Chilllllll lol if they make a decision on something as minuscule as portal viewing (compared to your app which you’ve spent so long on) then you probably don’t wanna deal with them for the next 4 years (but they probably don’t anyways, was just some bs post someone else made).

Chilllllll lol if they make a decision on something as minuscule as portal viewing (compared to your app which you’ve spent so long on) then you probably don’t wanna deal with them for the next 4 years (but they probably don’t anyways, was just some bs post someone else made).
Ha I know. I guess my sarcasm didn’t translate. I’m now just genuinely curious to see if they actually do this. It seems like such a hassle. I can picture them having a pool and guessing what the highest number of portal checks is, then buying a round for the winning guess haha

Applied in June. Didn’t get a single II until December 20. Got three and got accepted to two schools, one in May and one in June the next year. Sit tight.

Applied in June. Didn’t get a single II until December 20. Got three and got accepted to two schools, one in May and one in June the next year. Sit tight.

So what you’re saying is to NOT tell my parents about how October 15th is the first day people can get accepted and instead tell them I’ll find out next year. Got it lmao ;)

• Haha
So what you’re saying is to NOT tell my parents about how October 15th is the first day people can get accepted and instead tell them I’ll find out next year. Got it lmao ;)
I can relate to this haha. Everyday my dad asks when I’ll get in.

Remember, r/premed is also the cesspool of the internet
I just joined r/premed a few days ago. Have discovered it is ruled by a simple majority, which seems to break down into mob rule.

On r/premed you are not allowed to be happy about high stats. On r/premed you are not allowed to be happy about having any interviews. On r/premed you are not allowed to provide information that goes against the grain of the majority and/or the nihilism of the meme. On r/premed you are either depressed, angry, or giving in to the delusion of “we all got this” when, in reality, 60% of us don’t got this.

But they got dank and relatable memes, so there is that.

• Haha
  • Wow
Have no idea and it's not something I would waste my time on even if I could.

Remember, r/premed is also the cesspool of the internet

People without acceptances gang up on DO students. The MD acceptees act like OMS are dogs. It’s a messed up place and they hate Goro.

People without acceptances gang up on DO students. The MD acceptees act like OMS are dogs. It’s a messed up place and they hate Goro.

Lmao people - both sites have their vices, both have their virtues ;)

Shoutout to my secondaries for inspiring me to use dashes

Lmao people - both sites have their vices, both have their virtues ;)

Shoutout to my secondaries for inspiring me to use dashes
with dashes and semicolons, 5 sentences becomes fifteen; I never knew they could be so useful- except I didn't actually do this. lol

Why would they hate Goro? I’ve been actively posting here for a few days and he’s super helpful! I just added a few schools because of him!