Nova Southeastern Univ (NSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What do you mean by better schools?
How to rank DO schools:
1.)The one you're going to
2.)The others that accepted you
3.)The ones that sent you an ii
4.)The ones you didn't apply to
5.)The ones that rejected you

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Hello all,

I only have access to a "Financial Aid" tab on the website. Is anyone else in the same situation as me?/Anyone have any words of wisdom as to if this means something or not?

Also, are people still being WL'ed or has it reached the rejection/admission point of the cycle?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all,

I only have access to a "Financial Aid" tab on the website. Is anyone else in the same situation as me?/Anyone have any words of wisdom as to if this means something or not?

Also, are people still being WL'ed or has it reached the rejection/admission point of the cycle?
I only have access to Fin. Aid tab. It doesn't mean anything. I am still waiting for the decision, had an interview in the beginning of February? What about you?

I only have access to Fin. Aid tab. It doesn't mean anything. I am still waiting for the decision, had an interview in the beginning of February? What about you?

Haven't you been waiting a while for a letter? You should probably call them to make sure they actually sent it. They get disorganized and lose things that are supposed to be mailed. I never got my original acceptance package and had to call in and have them send a copy one. If you tell them it's been a while they might resend your decision letter.

Haven't you been waiting a while for a letter? You should probably call them to make sure they actually sent it. They get disorganized and lose things that are supposed to be mailed. I never got my original acceptance package and had to call in and have them send a copy one. If you tell them it's been a while they might resend your decision letter.
The problem is that my desicion is still pending, so no letter yet. I talked to 3 different people at Nova, they all say the same thing...

I still haven't gotten a letter from NSU and I was put on the WL 9/20. There are only a few schools in which I still have an open file, NSU being one of them.

Rejected off the waitlist by mail. The letter was dated for 4/11/14. Interviewed 9/24, waitlisted in Nov.

When did you interview? Sorry to hear that
I forget the exact date but it was sometime around 1/20. I have other acceptances that I prefer anyway so it's no big deal, better it goes to someone who wants it!

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected off the waitlist by mail. The letter was dated for 4/11/14. Interviewed 9/24, waitlisted in Nov.

Wow you interviewed the same day as me sorry to hear that! Hope you have other acceptances and good luck! I sadly haven't heard much good news for any 9/24 interviewees

Anyone who interviewed in March heard back yet?
Interviewed March 13th, not a peep lol. Over it, they took too long to respond, I accepted my offer for msucom and paid my tuition already lol

Wow you interviewed the same day as me sorry to hear that! Hope you have other acceptances and good luck! I sadly haven't heard much good news for any 9/24 interviewees
thanks! Yeah, luckily I have an acceptance at NYMC and I'm still waitlisted at a couple of other schools. Good luck to everyone!!

thanks! Yeah, luckily I have an acceptance at NYMC and I'm still waitlisted at a couple of other schools. Good luck to everyone!!
just curious, would you attend Nova over NYMC?

just curious, would you attend Nova over NYMC?
honestly, im not 100% sure. The DO vs MD doesnt really make much of a difference to me & i did really enjoy my interview day at Nova. They are both private and NYMC is more expensive than Nova because im OOS for both. Cost of living is slightly less in Fl than NY, and even though im gonna be studying all the time there is a difference in studying somewhere warm versus trekking to class in the middle of a blizzard. Ive lived in both Fl and NY and have family close by at both although I know significantly more people in Fl and I already know a few people attending Nova's professional programs and 1 person who's in the incoming class..so i guess its a toss up for me more for personal reasons. However, i think both have good programs and good clinical training sites.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone get an email at around 2 in the morning regarding Webstar? I'm unable to access my account, but just wondering if anybody else got it and was able to log in and see any changes to their status.

For those that were accepted, would they give you any indication over the phone? Did anything in WebStar change? Ie. has anyone found a way to establish the AdCom decision that was made?

Hello all,

I only have access to financial aid tab as well. They listed me as a New Student, although I was only WL'd in September. When I called for an update on my status, I was told that my app was under review, nothing about me being WL'd. What does all this mean? :(

I only have access to financial aid tab as well. They listed me as a New Student, although I was only WL'd in September. When I called for an update on my status, I was told that my app was under review, nothing about me being WL'd. What does all this mean? :(

It seems like if you are accepted you get an e-mail (at least for some that were accepted early in this cycle) .... No e-mail here yet.

EgyPremed34... you?

It seems like if you are accepted you get an e-mail (at least for some that were accepted early in this cycle) .... No e-mail here yet.

EgyPremed34... you?

I got nothing at all… even trying to call the school for clarification is impossible. My status has changed, the guy I was on the phone with was just as confused as I was.

I got nothing at all… even trying to call the school for clarification is impossible. My status has changed, the guy I was on the phone with was just as confused as I was.

It's all in the hands of G-d...

This is just crazy though... I am much more of a rip the band-aid off than a slowly peel it off.

Finally got the letter from Nova dated April 30, after almost 3 months of waiting - "your application is no longer being considered". It's truly heart-breaking... What was the purpose of conducting two months of interviews only to reject the applicants months later?

Finally got the letter from Nova dated April 30, after almost 3 months of waiting - "your application is no longer being considered". It's truly heart-breaking... What was the purpose of conducting two months of interviews only to reject the applicants months later?
I'm so sorry.... I've been rooting for you ...... I really lost respect for Nova with their admissions process this year. I realize it is a very hectic pace, but honestly, I feel that they just randomly did things. Like some said, maybe the class was full early on - who knows....

Reactions: 1 users

Sorry to hear chrysanthemum, I know how badly you wanted it. The application pool was more competitive this year with a couple thousand more applications being submitted than prior years. That being said, you still got a lot farther than many other people did this cycle, so keep your head up! It's definitely not the end for you. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions in the future.

Nice! I should have clarified that I got into nova from the 9/24 interview day. I was just really hoping someone from our group made it mostly because it would be nice to see a familiar face in such a new environment haha.
Even though NY weather isn't great it's still an amazing place to live in!
And Good luck to everyone!! Make sure to join the FB group :D

If anyone has questions or needs advice on reapplying feel free to message me as well. I love helping!

So how many of you are living alone and how many are living with roommates? I think I would like to live alone, and have been for a few years, but it seems like everybody on the FB page is opting for roommates.

So how many of you are living alone and how many are living with roommates? I think I would like to live alone, and have been for a few years, but it seems like everybody on the FB page is opting for roommates.
It's so expensive to leave alone.

Does anyone know any nice 2 bedroom apartments close to campus?

I just let my spot go, hope one of y'all get it. Good luck!

Any thoughts on Nova vs. MSU? I got a late acceptance to the latter and can't make up my mind... and everyone preaches to go with 'what feels right' etc. but I had 24 hours ending today to reply to Michigan State and didn't exactly have a chance to visit their campus

Doesn't MSU start early (like next month?) Could be a rush to get settled there. You also might want to think about cost. I was accepted earlier to MSU but almost immediately dropped it when I realized how expensive it was. I would normally advise going with your gut but since you never saw MSU I get that that's tough. Maybe try and schedule a time to visit if you can or if not try and speak with admissions or a current student to get a sense.

Thanks for the input! My family insisted that I just pay the deposit and then go visit, but seeing as I can't think of many reasons why I'd pick MSU over Nova, I'd rather keep the $1000+ instead of donating it to MSU.

Has anyone inquired about the wait list recently? Or as anyone been pulled from it recently?

I tried writing another email indicating interest and eager to find out etc etc, no news still(sent a few updates through out year; interviewed early september WL'd 10 days later)

Just withdrew my acceptance a couple of minutes ago...hope it goes to one of you!

Has anyone with a March interview received a decision yet? I am still pending :(

wonder how waitlist works if applicants aren't ranked i.e. is it order you interviewed? anyone know?

Last edited:
T
What makes you say that?
it is a farce to say the least. They first of all had the missing interview invite fiasco a few months ago, peoples files got completely deleted even though they were scheduled for an interview and showed up (happened to 2 people at my interview day alone), excessively long time to give interview decisions ( I'm currently at 10 weeks waiting), long time to respond to emails, on interview day they were extremely disorganized, didn't know who was going to be giving the welcome talk had to ask random faculty to step in. Overall a fiasco on Nova's administration, and from what I hear it doesn't get any better for those who are current students

T

it is a farce to say the least. They first of all had the missing interview invite fiasco a few months ago, peoples files got completely deleted even though they were scheduled for an interview and showed up (happened to 2 people at my interview day alone), excessively long time to give interview decisions ( I'm currently at 10 weeks waiting), long time to respond to emails, on interview day they were extremely disorganized, didn't know who was going to be giving the welcome talk had to ask random faculty to step in. Overall a fiasco on Nova's administration, and from what I hear it doesn't get any better for those who are current students

That's really interesting. I wonder what's going on at Nova this cycle. I've read the past threads, and NSU didn't seem to have the same problems before.

I interviewed on the first interview date this cycle, and my interview day was well-organized. The decision took a while, but the true shocker was that many people from my day was placed on the alternate list. I think most people were thinking of an acceptance given the early interview date.

I was going to withdraw my application soon thereafter my alternate list decision, but I was curious about what the NSU administration eventually plans to do. As of today, I am still on the alternate list. The last bit of correspondence I received was Thanksgiving letter. Hah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you hear from current students? Because my impression from current students and alumni seems more positive than not.