Nova Southeastern Univ (NSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well, after I took up a new hobby of bearding growing, I decided to call NSU for updates. Turns out a decision was made on March 31 and the letter was scanned and postmarked on April 11th. After failing to coerce the operator to give me the decision over the phone I now anxiously wait for the mailman to arrive. Really not sure what is the point of keeping us in the dark.

The takeaway is if you call and a decision has been made ask if the letter was already sent and when.
Beard farming is a useful practice, particularly during cold winters.

Members don't see this ad.

So even though all we can do is wait now until we receive our letters, I wanted to find out more about the shark link theory floating around. I called the help desk and they said everyone gets a provisional sharklink id in case you do get accepted to a program. It doesn't really mean anything lol

The only thing we have going for us is that we weren't told we were rejected when we called.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I called today and they told me my decision should be in the mail. Also, I may have an idea as to why our NSU pins were released. Mine opened up on April 9th, the same day I submitted my FAFSA and I received a letter about financial aid from Nova today in the mail.

Is there anyone left who has their decision pending? The lady on the phone doesn't even see that I was invited for the interview, lol! I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

Is there anyone left who has their decision pending? The lady on the phone doesn't even see that I was invited for the interview, lol! I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

Don't worry that same thing happen to me they told that if the committee extended an ii I would receive an email. This was over a month after I had my interview lol. I really just don't think they have any access to anything so they just say random responses that they probably have written down on a sheet of paper

Reactions: 1 user
I'm starting to think that Nova uses some sort of carrier pigeon mail service, because I literally live 10 minutes away and this letter was sent last Friday.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm starting to think that Nova uses some sort of carrier pigeon mail service, because I literally live 10 minutes away and this letter was sent last Friday.

I live about 2 hours away and no letter either.

Last edited:
My wait is over.... my letter arrived yesterday... while it would have been nice to stay around, I am fortunate enough to matriculate elsewhere (and still pending another decision). This process is ridiculous and one go around is enough for a lifetime! I wish you all the best.... Nova has a lot to offer.

Reactions: 3 users
Are you serious? I thought they don't reject post-interview. I am so sorry, I can't beleive it...
Yep straight up rejection...I ripped up the letter right after I read it lol. I hope you hear good news soon

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Yep straight up rejection...I ripped up the letter right after I read it lol.

very sorry to hear man. i have a feeling i have the same type of letter on its way to me right now.

mind sharing your stats and when you interviewed?

Rejected here too. Guess thats the end of this unsuccessful cycle for me.

Whoa! That seems unreasonable of them. So many rejections after such long wait. Uncool, Nova, uncool. I'm yet to check my mailbox for the last few days.

I was in the first (I think) interview group. Expecting my rejection from the WL any day now.

I was extremely impressed with the school, but admissions this cycle seemed to be less than ideal. I mean, waitlisting everyone at the beginning, accepting most applicants in november and december, then a three month wait from January? Hopefully next cycle will be smoother.

At this point I am happy my decision is still pending, I have a tiny glimpse of hope, but I agree that the admission process this year is so unexplainable. I really feel bad for the people who have been waiting all these months to find out they have been rejected...

welp, add me to the list of rejects. very sad. also shocked that they dragged it out like this. just could've emailed me my rejection in march. not that hard.

did ANYONE get accepted/waitlisted that interviewed in February?

here are my stats..

3.4 cumulative GPA
3.93 post-bacc GPA
31 MCAT (after a 25)
interview went great i thought
sent a solid LOI

off to UNE for me

Wow those are some solid stats. If you didn't get in I'm not sure who would.

So I interviewed in middle of January and found out I was waitlisted in February and today I got a letter in the mail saying my application will no longer be considered. Is it normal to be denied post wait list, months before the cycle is actually over? I found this very odd since I wrote two letters of intent and submitted an additional letter of recommendation, so it wasn't that I wasnt remaining interested in the school. Has anyone else experienced the same thing?

welp, add me to the list of rejects. very sad. also shocked that they dragged it out like this. just could've emailed me my rejection in march. not that hard.

did ANYONE get accepted/waitlisted that interviewed in February?

here are my stats..

3.4 cumulative GPA
3.93 post-bacc GPA
31 MCAT (after a 25)
interview went great i thought
sent a solid LOI

off to UNE for me

You are a pretty competitive applicant especially after the retake. Yeah, it sucks they dragged everyone along for so long.

I'm sorry to hear all these rejections :( . It was a strange cycle indeed. I remember following this thread since I submitted my secondary. It seemed like August-September interviewees were waitlisted for the most part. Then the October-December interviewees seemed to be accepted mostly. Then January-March.... just complete silence and rejection/WL. Weird. Don't lose hope guys, you all have amazing stats!

I agree with chillywilly. Many of us aren't first time applicants. I had to reapply this year as well. I found there are many places to get good advice on what one should do when getting ready to reply. This is one place I leaned on for guidance http://medicine.osu.edu/admissions/md/tips-and-advice/pages/index.aspx . I hope you guys don't give up. Resilience is just another thing you're tested on in life.

Anyone who got accepted please message me. I need advice and tips as I am starting to get ready to re-apply. PLEASE AND THANK YOU

Has anyone been recently taken off the waitlist and rejected?

Wonder if they have some anti sdn list, haha. I was also rejected by mail. Not too heartbroken because things worked out very well for me in the end.

Best of luck everyone

edit: Also wanted to say that my interview sucked so I am not surprised by their decision. I wouldn't have accepted me either!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Last edited:
Rejected post interview. The interview went incredibly (I told a story that actually made one of the interviewers cry).
3.5 cum gpa
3.3 sgpa
31 mcat
Interviewed feb 6th
Amazing extracurriculars and have been working in a hospital for the past year. And I've been accepted to several better schools. I'd say Nova has been really sketchy with their admissions process

Is anyone else still waiting for a response? Seems like the majority have heard something (accept, reject, or WL). Technically, they could send acceptances until the first week of school, right?

I'm thinking most people heard something by now. Looks like february interview folks got some sort of mail.

Is anyone else still waiting for a response? Seems like the majority have heard something (accept, reject, or WL). Technically, they could send acceptances until the first week of school, right?
I didnt get anything yet, and I live 7 min away from the school. No decision on file yet, interviewed in the beginning of Feb.

Rejected post interview. The interview went incredibly (I told a story that actually made one of the interviewers cry).
3.5 cum gpa
3.3 sgpa
31 mcat
Interviewed feb 6th
Amazing extracurriculars and have been working in a hospital for the past year. And I've been accepted to several better schools. I'd say Nova has been really sketchy with their admissions process
I interviewed the same day and feel the EXACT same way.....

I hope we are not going to be rejected in a second batch. Do you have any other acceptances?

Keeping my fingers crossed for us! No I don't, do you? Nova was my first choice and I'm patiently (ha) waiting for an acceptance ;)

Keeping my fingers crossed for us! No I don't, do you? Nova was my first choice and I'm patiently (ha) waiting for an acceptance ;)
I don't have any other acceptances either, it was my only interview. I will be crossing my fingers for us, too:)

Has anyone been recently taken off the waitlist and rejected?

Yes, I was taken off the waitlist and offered an acceptance to attend NSU but it was too late. I had already 3 acceptances from other schools and paid the deposit fee for one. Waitlist is moving.

Yes, I was taken off the waitlist and offered an acceptance to attend NSU but it was too late. I had already 3 acceptances from other schools and paid the deposit fee for one. Waitlist is moving.
Do you mind sharing when you were offered an acceptance? And how did they communicate with you - via phone, email or snail mail? Thanks!

I got a letter in the mail saying my application was no longer being considered this week (I was waitlisted in February). How normal is it to be rejected from the waitlist in April?

Rejected this past week. 3.72 gpa 30 mcat. Interview went amazing, thought this would be a sure acceptance but I guess there's always surprises in this process haha

Rejected this past week. 3.72 gpa 30 mcat. Interview went amazing, thought this would be a sure acceptance but I guess there's always surprises in this process haha
When did you interview? Sorry to hear that

3.5 cum gpa
3.3 sgpa
31 mcat
Interviewed feb 6th

What do you mean by better schools?