You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Nova Southeastern Univ (NSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015
Started by DOthreads
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I haven't received any mail yet. I just got home. I was told the same thing and I wasn't able to find the counselor number til just recently when I sent it to you.Okay thanks, I'll just wait for the snail mail. I'm just confused why she told me I'm still "under review" but have a letter in the mail.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is "alternate" candidate different from wait-listed? I always thought alternate was an euphemism for wait list.
Is "alternate" candidate different from wait-listed? I always thought alternate was an euphemism for wait list.
I don't think so. My letter said "alternate" but I just called it being wait listed.
Lol so 10 of the people I interviewed with got back to me.....
All wait listed.
Seems like a college a conspiracy here
All wait listed.
Seems like a college a conspiracy here
Okay thanks, I'll just wait for the snail mail. I'm just confused why she told me I'm still "under review" but have a letter in the mail.
The health professions divisions people said that it takes a long time for the status to update on their part... So even if a decision has been made, it may not show on their portal for a while. Only the admissions counselors would have up to date information.
I believe April 7 was the last dayWhen do they stop interviewing?
God damn my mail still hasn't arrived yet
#fml_livingupnorth
#thestruggleisreal
#thanksoBama
#like4like
#ootd
#fml_livingupnorth
#thestruggleisreal
#thanksoBama
#like4like
#ootd
No difference.I got on the Alternate list.. What is the difference between that and waitlist?
I have to say I'm thrilled to be attending this program which was my first choice. Great school and a learning environment that is perfect for students.
They literally put all 64 of us on the alternate list.
It's kinda f_€÷ed up
Got my mail today bam just as I expected alternate list.
If anyone gets accepted offa these post it in here I'm curious if they actually do rhat or just politely told all of us to shove off
It's kinda f_€÷ed up
Got my mail today bam just as I expected alternate list.
If anyone gets accepted offa these post it in here I'm curious if they actually do rhat or just politely told all of us to shove off
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone send any letters of
Intent to nova?
You can definitely try that! Nova accepts them. Though, be sure that it's well-written and you are able to back up what you say.
They literally put all 64 of us on the alternate list.
It's kinda f_€÷ed up
Got my mail today bam just as I expected alternate list.
If anyone gets accepted offa these post it in here I'm curious if they actually do rhat or just politely told all of us to shove off
If that were the case, a rejection would've been more efficient. Hold on!
Sorry, double post.
If that were the case, a rejection would've been more efficient. Hold on!
Sorry, double post.
That's my mentality! Putting people on alternate lists makes a ton more work for Admissions; they wouldn't do it if we didn't have a chance. 🙂 Positive thoughts, guys! I understand the frustration; I was very heartbroken at first too.
Anyone have the NSU match list for 2015? can't find it
Does anybody know the fax number to send updates to?
Oops double post sorry. :/
Does anybody know the fax number to send updates to?
I fax my updates to (954) 262-3601.
I fax my updates to (954) 262-3601.
Thank you! Your avatar is a cat on what appears to be a Florida blanket - you're the bomb. 😍
.
Last edited:
Anyone have any movement from the "alternate" list?
Been on the alternative list since early April.. haven't heard of any movement since 🙁Anyone have any movement from the "alternate" list?
Anybody know if NSU-COM has scholarships or grants for incoming M1 students to apply for? Looked on the financial aid website and only found three applicable ones but you have to be an upperclassmen in the program or a resident of Florida.
.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I heard that all the seats have been filled.. any thought on how true that is?
I heard that all the seats have been filled.. any thought on how true that is?
I am pretty sure that is true because as far as I know, none of the 64 people that interviewed within the last group were accepted.
Anybody know if NSU-COM has scholarships or grants for incoming M1 students to apply for? Looked on the financial aid website and only found three applicable ones but you have to be an upperclassmen in the program or a resident of Florida.
Not sure about before matriculation, but there are scholarships that you can apply for as an M1. The administration usually emails the classes about them throughout the year and reminds you about deadlines and stuff.
I heard that all the seats have been filled.. any thought on how true that is?
I'd assume all the seats have been claimed by now since we're late in the cycle. People drop acceptances all the time though, so there's always waitlist movement until the very last moment.
Anyone know when alternate list movement is supposed to start?
I called and I was told that they would start ranking students in June, has anyone heard anything else?Anyone know when alternate list movement is supposed to start?
I called and I was told that they would start ranking students in June, has anyone heard anything else?
I was told that the WL is not ranked in my interview. Did Monica S. or Linda F. state that the WL is ranked? I'm just a little curious.
I think it was MaricelaI was told that the WL is not ranked in my interview. Did Monica S. or Linda F. state that the WL is ranked? I'm just a little curious.
Has anyone been accepted off of the waitlist for this cycle? I think Aug 3rd is the final day that we can hear of our status.
For those wondering, the match list for this year is now available: http://medicine.nova.edu/images/intern_site15.pdf#Placements
I see NSU renovated their COM page. It looks much better.
Wow, it does look good! Very functional, too. Yay!I see NSU renovated their COM page. It looks much better.
And as for the rankings on the Alternate List - I assume they must have us in some sort of order, otherwise how do they pick who to fill spots with? Random, out of a hat? I don't know for sure though!
What I'm really curious about is whether you get a lower rank, if you've paid your deposit for another COM?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not sure if this is reliable but someone on the FB class of 2019 page posted that since the class is currently full, they will begin to contact local Florida residents as seats open up closer to orientation day/resumption date.
Does local mean south FL residents or does the whole state of FL count?
I would assume South FL residents since they are closer to the school.Does local mean south FL residents or does the whole state of FL count?
Not sure if this is reliable but someone on the FB class of 2019 page posted that since the class is currently full, they will begin to contact local Florida residents as seats open up closer to orientation day/resumption date.
So no hope for us OOS on the waitlist?
That makes no sense... Again, why would they interview 64 students if they weren't going to give them all a fair shot? I still think they just needed more time so they alternate listed us all.So no hope for us OOS on the waitlist?
It seems from previous years that they had very little alternate list movement and that some people were actually later told that they were "no longer considered" after being waitlisted for a few months. This doesn't make me very hopeful.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 323
- Views
- 81K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 500
- Views
- 120K
- Replies
- 28
- Views
- 8K