Nova Southeastern University (NSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does that mean people on the pending list are being rejected?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Ummm how do you know if your complete at this school? They have all my stuff (LORs, etc) and I called 2 times and they said my application was sent for review. That was like a month and a half ago. LizzyM score is 70. Maybe it's cause I'm Canadian?

the wait for decisions is killllling me

Reactions: 4 users
Ummm how do you know if your complete at this school? They have all my stuff (LORs, etc) and I called 2 times and they said my application was sent for review. That was like a month and a half ago. LizzyM score is 70. Maybe it's cause I'm Canadian?
If you got the call that your app was forwarded for review, that means your app was complete.

any Canadians hear back from this school? Acceptance, rejections, waitlist?? My application is complete here but I never heard anything back

any Canadians hear back from this school? Acceptance, rejections, waitlist?? My application is complete here but I never heard anything back
I'm on the same boat, but NOT Canadian. Got a complete call ~10/20 and silence since.

EDIT: NOT CANADIAN LOLOL

Last edited:
"Supplement received" confirmation on Nov 21st. Hopefully something good comes back soon!

Pending pre-II? I heard that a lot get taken off and are offered an II after New Years.

I was pre interview waitlist after receiving letter via snailmail. Got an email about four days letter for an II.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Withdrawing my interview and application from here, good luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
officially withdrew my acceptance here today.
good luck and happy holidays, everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Thankful for everyone declining acceptances, because I got my II just today! Submitted my application 10/05

Reactions: 5 users
Thankful for everyone declining acceptances, because I got my II just today! Submitted my application 10/05
Nice! I sent my secondary in around that time and was marked complete mid October. Still waiting patiently!

Hey guys. I just got an interview for this school today. Pretty excited. What should I be expecting? Thanks.

im from the 11/10 group and I still havent heard anything

I interviewed 11/3 and still haven't heard either. It seems some people heard really fast and others are still waiting. I'm wondering if they are waiting until the 14th to see how many accepted students put deposits for that first cut-off, but I could be totally wrong. I hope I'm wrong because the waiting game is rough lol

Reactions: 1 users
Just rejected their offer. Hope one of you get an early Christmas gift

Reactions: 10 users
Anyone in 10/20 interview group receive a decision? So eager to hear back already! :arghh:

NOVA is a great school but I'm going to cancel my interview and withdraw my application.
Hope it goes to someone in need of it.

The entire SDN community has been of utmost help!

Jan 19th Open :)

Reactions: 4 users
Does anybody know if you can apply for the DO/PhD program after you've been accepted? I don't know if I'd be competitive with my undergrad stats (first couple years bringing me down) but maybe after a year in med school?

This is completely theoretical, I don't have an interview here or anything.. but it may help me decide whether or not I send an academic update (I got pre-interview wait listed.)

Hey guys~

JUST submitted AACOMAS -__-
I had to wait until the end of this semester before I could submit...
I applied here (IS) and 4 other schools. Do you think I am basically SOL? I know how important it is to apply as early as possible, but this was the earliest I could do.
I know Nova's deadline is 1/15 and all the other D.O. schools I applied to are in march/beginning of April. I really hope there is still time to get secondaries and hopeful II!
Thoughts??

Hey guys~

JUST submitted AACOMAS -__-
I had to wait until the end of this semester before I could submit...
I applied here (IS) and 4 other schools. Do you think I am basically SOL? I know how important it is to apply as early as possible, but this was the earliest I could do.
I know Nova's deadline is 1/15 and all the other D.O. schools I applied to are in march/beginning of April. I really hope there is still time to get secondaries and hopeful II!
Thoughts??
depends on your stats tbh

depends on your stats tbh

cGPA 3.84 / sGPA 3.92 / MCAT 500
Volunteering at major hospital in Miami ER/Triage (~300 hours)
Research / Presentation for 1.5 years (~500 hours)
Mission Trip/Leadership Position for mission trip
> 400 hours shadowing
Strong LoR
etc

^ MCAT might hurt you honestly.

yeah, figures. i was lurking on 2015-2016 thread and saw quite i few II's in Jan/Feb/March so maybe all hope isn't completely shattered lol.
i appreciate feedback though

is this week the week for acceptance calls?! iiiiiiiii sure hopeeeeee so

Reactions: 3 users
if you are rejected pre-interview, how do you find out? email or physical letter?

cGPA 3.84 / sGPA 3.92 / MCAT 500
Volunteering at major hospital in Miami ER/Triage (~300 hours)
Research / Presentation for 1.5 years (~500 hours)
Mission Trip/Leadership Position for mission trip
> 400 hours shadowing
Strong LoR
etc

Both of your GPA's are really, really good. And it sounds like you have a lot of great experiences. I'd say your MCAT would be the only thing to hold you back a bit-but that doesn't mean it can't be done!

withdrew acceptance today...good luck!

Does anybody know if you can apply for the DO/PhD program after you've been accepted? I don't know if I'd be competitive with my undergrad stats (first couple years bringing me down) but maybe after a year in med school?

This is completely theoretical, I don't have an interview here or anything.. but it may help me decide whether or not I send an academic update (I got pre-interview wait listed.)
yes, i'm sure you can. they make it easy to start all sorts of dual degrees during M1.

Has anyone who received fee assistance from AACOMAS gotten a reimbursement from Nova for the secondary fee?

Has anyone who received fee assistance from AACOMAS gotten a reimbursement from Nova for the secondary fee?

i've called a few times for the last few months and each time they told me to wait....it's actually getting annoying

i've called a few times for the last few months and each time they told me to wait....it's actually getting annoying

I feel you, same here. And I dont want to keep calling and sound desperate for $50 (even though I kinda am lol)