Nova Southeastern University (NSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I feel you, same here. And I dont want to keep calling and sound desperate for $50 (even though I kinda am lol)
Oh, good! I was afraid to call in fear of like automatic rejection asking for my 50 back (ha). Glad im not the only one waiting. Hopefully they will work on it soon..

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted via email. Interviewed 11/3. Will probably decline my seat.

Reactions: 2 users
accepted!!!!!!:biglove:

Edit: interviewed 11/15

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted!!! Interviewed 11/15. Putting my deposit down as soon as possible. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Reactions: 7 users
YES!! Accepted! Interviewed 11/3
Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!! OMG!!! I'm so happy for you. Aaaaaaaahhhhh. What an amazing holiday gift. I'm so happy to hear you'll be a shark. I can't wait to hear all bout your experience and hope to join you the following year. Again, Mazel Tov. Congratulations.

Reactions: 1 users
Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!! OMG!!! I'm so happy for you. Aaaaaaaahhhhh. What an amazing holiday gift. I'm so happy to hear you'll be a shark. I can't wait to hear all bout your experience and hope to join you the following year. Again, Mazel Tov. Congratulations.

Thank you!!!! Seriously so excited, best news of 2016 by far!!! You'll be joining me next year for sure

did everyone who has been accepted gotten their emails in one day? bc this doesn't bode well for me D:

Accepted, Interviewed late august. Will be declining though as I got into my top choice DO, best of luck all!

hi! any current students willing to PM me? I have some questions to ask! thanks ahead of time:smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)
What is the best resource for the interview? I'm trying to prep and the site someone linked to earlier only has /older/ questions. Not sure if this is the only thing I can view, but information would be great!
Thanks!

What is the best resource for the interview? I'm trying to prep and the site someone linked to earlier only has /older/ questions. Not sure if this is the only thing I can view, but information would be great!
Thanks!
honestly just know yourself and your app! that was mostly what my interview was about (and why NSU)

II!!!!! Would love to experience the Florida sun, but will most likely decline as well.

Reactions: 3 users
It's been since mid Oct when I got a complete call. Should I call them tomorrow and ask about my app? I also wanted to tell them that I am taking some classes in the Winter semester.

Does anyone know when classes start for Nova?

Accepted last week! interviewed 11/03. Can't wait to meet the rest of the 2021 class. Fins up, Sharks!

Does anyone know if there is a Facebook page or something for the new incoming class?

Reactions: 4 users
withdrew my acceptance here! hope one of you gets the spot :smuggrin:

Reactions: 2 users
What's the likelihood of getting of getting an II at this point when my app was complete late November/early December? I'm OOS, LM ~ 63-65, higher MCAT than GPA.

What's the likelihood of getting of getting an II at this point when my app was complete late November/early December? I'm OOS, LM ~ 63-65, higher MCAT than GPA.

My application was complete July/Aug and I am wondering the same thing - OOS with a similar LM score.

I don't know a great answer for this - but I do have access to the interview dates and there are some dates in February that keep opening/closing/re-opening, so there are definitely still interview spots open!

Did anyone who put a deposit down get any info about student email, etc etc.? Or more info in general?

i put a deposit and heard nothing back lol

probably cuz its winter break, i dont expect anything until the new year

AZ resident, submitted my secondary mid August and was verified towards the end of august. 505 MCAT 3.7 sgpa, 3.67 cgpa, extensive research, volunteering (hospital and community service), and currently scribing. No II, but was placed on hold in September/October, with continued silence. Anyone else on the same boat? Is their IS preference relatively high, or are my stats and ECs not up to par? Thank you in advance!

Hey guys! Current M1 here just letting u know u can contact me if u have any questions I was more active earlier in the thread but then school got intense and I just didn't have any time to login and read the thread ... right now I feel pretty relaxed ... classes start back up on the 3rd so lmk of any questions because slowly but surely I will get busy again and then I won't be logging in as much :brb:

AZ resident, submitted my secondary mid August and was verified towards the end of august. 505 MCAT 3.7 sgpa, 3.67 cgpa, extensive research, volunteering (hospital and community service), and currently scribing. No II, but was placed on hold in September/October, with continued silence. Anyone else on the same boat? Is their IS preference relatively high, or are my stats and ECs not up to par? Thank you in advance!
IS preference is like 60% I believe. They have also been closed for like two weeks so don't expect anything to start up until next week.

Just received this email because I had to change my address:

"We recently sent out a decision letter to the address listed on your application. However, it was returned back to us. We would like to confirm the address that we have on file or provide us with the updated address so that you may receive the information we have for you."

Anyone certain this is a rejection letter? I can't imagine being offered an interview by mail. No update to my application summary.

"We recently sent out a decision letter to the address listed on your application. However, it was returned back to us. We would like to confirm the address that we have on file or provide us with the updated address so that you may receive the information we have for you."

Anyone certain this is a rejection letter? I can't imagine being offered an interview by mail. No update to my application summary.

I just got the same email

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

When I got the hold letter before I got the interview, it came by regular (NOT e-mail) mail. So until you get it don't freak out.

What is the interview day schedule like? Early interview? Around what time should I expect it to end?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hello all,

Can someone please comment on the qualities of clinical rotations? Will there be a lot of hand on? Thanks!!!

Last edited:
Any received admission decisions post-secondary and pre-interview after Nov? Was complete since mid Oct and still silence.

accepted just now, interviewed back in november

Reactions: 10 users
Has anyone who received fee assistance from AACOMAS gotten a reimbursement from Nova for the secondary fee?
Any word on that fee refund? Just checked my bank statements and still haven't gotten the refund back. Lol