You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
NSU Master of Biomedical science 2020 Fall & Winter
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Podiatrist101
New Member
It’s weird how they keep giving different responses to us. I don’t understand how they can say that they won’t stop looking at applications even though classes start August 17thHello,
I applied in a June and received the email that my application was under review. I just called today and spoke with a counselor and she told me that they are still considering applications and that there was technically no date in which they would stop looking at apps. I don’t know if that’s true or not but figured I’d give an update.
tnguyen7787
Full Member
Thank you, I haven't heard anything yet either.Hello,
I applied in a June and received the email that my application was under review. I just called today and spoke with a counselor and she told me that they are still considering applications and that there was technically no date in which they would stop looking at apps. I don’t know if that’s true or not but figured I’d give an update.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
jt1906
Full Member
I agree 100% I hope they make some decisions quick because according to the lady the application window for the winter has started. It would be nice to know if we got accepted or not so we can be early in the winter application pool.It’s weird how they keep giving different responses to us. I don’t understand how they can say that they won’t stop looking at applications even though classes start August 17th
jt1906
Full Member
Yes I spoke to Nikki Merrell And she said if you are accepted for the fall you can defer to the winter.I got accepted for the Fall semester but was thinking of asking if they could possibly defer my acceptance to Spring semester so I could have more time to study for the DAT. Does anyone know if they even defer acceptances?
tnguyen7787
Full Member
Thank youHello,
I applied in a June and received the email that my application was under review. I just called today and spoke with a counselor and she told me that they are still considering applications and that there was technically no date in which they would stop looking at apps. I don’t know if that’s true or not but figured I’d give an update.
Once you’ve been waiting since March you learn to roll with the mixed information. Schrodinger’s info: everything she says is both true and not true. For instance today and August 17th are both decision day. Also she said there’s been a “Flood of applications this week for Winter”
I am getting really nervous over here too. I don’t know whether it’s a good thing or bad thing they have made us wait this long. I’ve been waiting since May. If we didn’t get in just tell us so we can start looking at the other schools we applied to ya know? So we can make a decision. It’s low key messed up especially since classes start in a little over a week, I heard responses from all the other schools I applied to in less than a month. I don’t understand what the hold up isOnce you’ve been waiting since March you learn to roll with the mixed information. Schrodinger’s info: everything she says is both true and not true. For instance today and August 17th are both decision day. Also she said there’s been a “Flood of applications this week for Winter”
I believe orientation for the program starts todayI am getting really nervous over here too. I don’t know whether it’s a good thing or bad thing they have made us wait this long. I’ve been waiting since May. If we didn’t get in just tell us so we can start looking at the other schools we applied to ya know? So we can make a decision. It’s low key messed up especially since classes start in a little over a week, I heard responses from all the other schools I applied to in less than a month. I don’t understand what the hold up is
So what does that mean for the rest of us? Lol should we look elsewhere?I believe orientation for the program starts today
Podiatrist101
New Member
Does anyone know the stats of the students they have accepted? Their requirements for admission seem lower than other programs but there’s no reason to keep us waiting at this point if orientation already started??
In case you wanted to know
“
After review of your credentials, the Committee on Admissions at Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Allopathic Medicine, Master of Biomedical Science program, has classified you as an “Waitlist” candidate for the Fall 2020 entering class.
As an “Waitlist” candidate, your application will continue to receive further, careful consideration. The applications in this position are not ranked; thus, the Committee on Admissions will re-evaluate your application file and you will be notified if your status changes.
If you have any questions or your intention to attend our program changes, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Your interest in our program is greatly appreciated, and we wish you success in the pursuit of your career goals.
Shemeka Merrell
“
After review of your credentials, the Committee on Admissions at Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Allopathic Medicine, Master of Biomedical Science program, has classified you as an “Waitlist” candidate for the Fall 2020 entering class.
As an “Waitlist” candidate, your application will continue to receive further, careful consideration. The applications in this position are not ranked; thus, the Committee on Admissions will re-evaluate your application file and you will be notified if your status changes.
If you have any questions or your intention to attend our program changes, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Your interest in our program is greatly appreciated, and we wish you success in the pursuit of your career goals.
Shemeka Merrell
Hey that’s progress! Good luck and congratulations. I hope you get accepted from the waitlist!In case you wanted to know
“
After review of your credentials, the Committee on Admissions at Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Allopathic Medicine, Master of Biomedical Science program, has classified you as an “Waitlist” candidate for the Fall 2020 entering class.
As an “Waitlist” candidate, your application will continue to receive further, careful consideration. The applications in this position are not ranked; thus, the Committee on Admissions will re-evaluate your application file and you will be notified if your status changes.
If you have any questions or your intention to attend our program changes, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Your interest in our program is greatly appreciated, and we wish you success in the pursuit of your career goals.
Shemeka Merrell
tnguyen7787
Full Member
Thank you for the updateIn case you wanted to know
“
After review of your credentials, the Committee on Admissions at Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Allopathic Medicine, Master of Biomedical Science program, has classified you as an “Waitlist” candidate for the Fall 2020 entering class.
As an “Waitlist” candidate, your application will continue to receive further, careful consideration. The applications in this position are not ranked; thus, the Committee on Admissions will re-evaluate your application file and you will be notified if your status changes.
If you have any questions or your intention to attend our program changes, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Your interest in our program is greatly appreciated, and we wish you success in the pursuit of your career goals.
Shemeka Merrell
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I replied directly to the email and asked
“So as far as Waitlist goes, does that mean I have the possibility to be accepted to the winter? Also let say a student doesn’t secure a spot in fall can a person who is waitlisted be accepted to the fall?” Just to get some more info on it. But Nikki doesn’t have the perfect tract record replying to emails. So I’ll post what she says, if she ever replies.
“So as far as Waitlist goes, does that mean I have the possibility to be accepted to the winter? Also let say a student doesn’t secure a spot in fall can a person who is waitlisted be accepted to the fall?” Just to get some more info on it. But Nikki doesn’t have the perfect tract record replying to emails. So I’ll post what she says, if she ever replies.
I guess that means all the Fall spots are filled so far?
You should give her a call. She’s bad a emailsSo I replied directly to the email and asked
“So as far as Waitlist goes, does that mean I have the possibility to be accepted to the winter? Also let say a student doesn’t secure a spot in fall can a person who is waitlisted be accepted to the fall?” Just to get some more info on it. But Nikki doesn’t have the perfect tract record replying to emails. So I’ll post what she says, if she ever replies.
tnguyen7787
Full Member
Also, what about people like me? I haven't got rejected or waitlisted.I got waitlisted too. What are the odds of acceptance?
She said all decisions will be sent out by Monday eveningAlso, what about people like me? I haven't got rejected or waitlisted.
tnguyen7787
Full Member
That's good to know. Thank youShe said all decisions will be sent out by Monday evening
tnguyen7787
Full Member
I just got put on waitlist!!! Hopefully we all get accepted!
Hi guys! Just wanted to provide an update. I just got an email from Nikki that my application was placed on the waitlist.
Hopefully some of you got this email too! I will be emailing her to let her know that I am enrolled in another program so hopefully this opens up a spot for one of you who are still waiting! good luck!!!! looks like we're finally hearing back slowly!
Hopefully some of you got this email too! I will be emailing her to let her know that I am enrolled in another program so hopefully this opens up a spot for one of you who are still waiting! good luck!!!! looks like we're finally hearing back slowly!
CongratulationsI just got put on waitlist!!! Hopefully we all get accepted!
tnguyen7787
Full Member
Thank you!Congratulations
tnguyen7787
Full Member
Congrats!!!!I got waitlisted! At least we are still being considered! Been waiting since March. Hopefully we all get wonderful news soon!
tnguyen7787
Full Member
Congrats!I got wait listed as well. I guess that’s better than not getting accepted right out of the gate! I hope the final considerations are sent out soon. I plan on deferring to the winter anyways but fingers crossed. Congrats to everybody who got accepted or at least waitlisted!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Orientation for us is next weekI believe orientation for the program starts today
You probably have to re-applySo say we do not get accepted.... can we just pay the application fee and have our current application immediately considered for the winter or do we have to go through the WHOLE process again?
tnguyen7787
Full Member
Anybody got updates?
No, I called twice today to find out how many people got waitlisted as well as would we have to reapply for winter if not accepted off the waitlist but Ms.Nikki didn't answer.Anybody got updates?
tnguyen7787
Full Member
Thank you for the updateNo, I called twice today to find out how many people got waitlisted as well as would we have to reapply for winter if not accepted off the waitlist but Ms.Nikki didn't answer.
jt1906
Full Member
Nope no updatesAnybody got updates?
No problem . I counted 7 of us on this post alone that have been waitlisted. I don't think the waitlist should be longer than 10 students through given that the class size is only about 70 students but I haven't spoken to anyone so who knowsThank you for the update
tnguyen7787
Full Member
So I did not know there was a winter, is the winter is same as Fall? Like from my understanding is that if I get in fall 2020 for MBS, do well and I will be able to get interview in January. If interview goes well, I'll get admission for starting class of 2021 dental program. Am I missing anything?No update as of yet. However Niki responded to one of my emails.
“The waitlist only applies for the current cycle. If you are not selected for the Fall 2020 you will need to reapply for the Winter 2021 cycle.”
student1017
Full Member
I too was waitlisted. and the 2019 SDN NSU Biomed thread is pretty active with others that have also gotten waitlisted.
I wrote Nikki and the Director the following but today was orientation so I didn’t expect a response:
I wrote Nikki and the Director the following but today was orientation so I didn’t expect a response:
- Given that an availability for this program opens, how are applicants in this category reviewed? I understand it is not a ranked category, are admissions then granted based on the order in which an application was received?
- Are applicants in this category encouraged to also apply for the Winter 2020 start date? If so, please advise on how to proceed.
student1017
Full Member
Winter is the equivalent to Spring semester. Winter semester has a January start dateSo I did not know there was a winter, is the winter is same as Fall? Like from my understanding is that if I get in fall 2020 for MBS, do well and I will be able to get interview in January. If interview goes well, I'll get admission for starting class of 2021 dental program. Am I missing anything?
Waitlisted as well :/ with so many of us I’m curious to the odds of being accepted
Yes, I haven't seen anyone who was rejected. most people who have been posting in this thread later posted that they either got in or have been waitlistedWaitlisted as well :/ with so many of us I’m curious to the odds of being accepted
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Orientation is today for the Fall MBS program. When we looked up the courses that we would be registering for today - it says 90 seats are available and 10 waitlist seats.
Hope this helps.
It really sucks to wait until the day before the first day of school because you would be missing the 4 hour orientation and Financial aid takes a little while.
I would suggest that you should have FAFSA done ahead of time if you’re planning on attending because it’s important.
Hope this helps.
It really sucks to wait until the day before the first day of school because you would be missing the 4 hour orientation and Financial aid takes a little while.
I would suggest that you should have FAFSA done ahead of time if you’re planning on attending because it’s important.
jt1906
Full Member
Thank you for the update!Orientation is today for the Fall MBS program. When we looked up the courses that we would be registering for today - it says 90 seats are available and 10 waitlist seats.
Hope this helps.
It really sucks to wait until the day before the first day of school because you would be missing the 4 hour orientation and Financial aid takes a little while.
I would suggest that you should have FAFSA done ahead of time if you’re planning on attending because it’s important.
So do you have many of the 90 students registered already? Like is the class sized filled?Orientation is today for the Fall MBS program. When we looked up the courses that we would be registering for today - it says 90 seats are available and 10 waitlist seats.
Hope this helps.
It really sucks to wait until the day before the first day of school because you would be missing the 4 hour orientation and Financial aid takes a little while.
I would suggest that you should have FAFSA done ahead of time if you’re planning on attending because it’s important.
student1017
Full Member
Hi everyone, I spoke to Nikki this morning. She said there is a decent sized waitlist and she is unsure how many, if any, applicants from that pool will be accepted, she said it could be 2-10 or it could be 0, all depends on what the first day of class is like. She stated the "Waitlist" is not "ranked" meaning that it is not in order of GPA, typically a ranked system is in an order of highest to lowest GPA. If an availability opens, the committee will review applications available and make their selection from there. Nikki also said that an applicant is welcome to re-apply for Winter and can use the same transcripts and LORs but its up to the applicant to decide if its in their benefit.
**In my opinion, though it's not ranked by GPA, it's still a ranked system. We should be reviewed on the basis of whether we are capable of performing well in the program individually but instead its whether we're better than the application that precedes us
Hope this helps & best of luck!
**In my opinion, though it's not ranked by GPA, it's still a ranked system. We should be reviewed on the basis of whether we are capable of performing well in the program individually but instead its whether we're better than the application that precedes us
Hope this helps & best of luck!
Hi everyone, I spoke to Nikki this morning. She said there is a decent sized waitlist and she is unsure how many, if any, applicants from that pool will be accepted, she said it could be 2-10 or it could be 0, all depends on what the first day of class is like. She stated the "Waitlist" is not "ranked" meaning that it is not in order of GPA, typically a ranked system is in an order of highest to lowest GPA. If an availability opens, the committee will review applications available and make their selection from there. Nikki also said that an applicant is welcome to re-apply for Winter and can use the same transcripts and LORs but its up to the applicant to decide if its in their benefit.
**In my opinion, though it's not ranked by GPA, it's still a ranked system. We should be reviewed on the basis of whether we are capable of performing well in the program individually but instead its whether we're better than the application that precedes us
Hope this helps & best of luck!
thanks for the update. So now we won’t till the first day or the 17th?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 14
- Views
- 7K