NSU Master of Biomedical science 2020 Fall & Winter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
thanks for the update. So now we won’t till the first day or the 17th?
Yep! But I think that was always the case, at least that was my understanding.. But yes, the 17th. However, I didn't ask her how soon we would be notified.. of if we are not notified, do we just assume? :unsure:

Members don't see this ad.

Yep! But I think that was always the case, at least that was my understanding.. But yes, the 17th. However, I didn't ask her how soon we would be notified.. of if we are not notified, do we just assume? :unsure:
Yeah I was trying to reach her by email and phone to ask about it and how orientation for all of us would work. Cause one thing when I scheduled a meeting with her, she told me “even though classes in the fall are online, some of the programs that you are interested in may require you to be near campus still. We have contracts with multiple apartments in walking distance.” My thing is I’m from Alabama, and so I was curious about when we need to move or something.

Yeah I was trying to reach her by email and phone to ask about it and how orientation for all of us would work. Cause one thing when I scheduled a meeting with her, she told me “even though classes in the fall are online, some of the programs that you are interested in may require you to be near campus still. We have contracts with multiple apartments in walking distance.” My thing is I’m from Alabama, and so I was curious about when we need to move or something.
In my experience, she's not good with emails.. I reached her around 11am to her office number. I don't think they're being very considerate with out-of-state applicants but they haven't been very helpful in general. I would definitely try calling back. Last Friday I called 4 separate times before I got through to her

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone, I spoke to Nikki this morning. She said there is a decent sized waitlist and she is unsure how many, if any, applicants from that pool will be accepted, she said it could be 2-10 or it could be 0, all depends on what the first day of class is like. She stated the "Waitlist" is not "ranked" meaning that it is not in order of GPA, typically a ranked system is in an order of highest to lowest GPA. If an availability opens, the committee will review applications available and make their selection from there. Nikki also said that an applicant is welcome to re-apply for Winter and can use the same transcripts and LORs but its up to the applicant to decide if its in their benefit.

**In my opinion, though it's not ranked by GPA, it's still a ranked system. We should be reviewed on the basis of whether we are capable of performing well in the program individually but instead its whether we're better than the application that precedes us

Hope this helps & best of luck!
Thank you for the update, but counting between two thread, there is about 11 people on waitlisted. Not sure if that is consider a lot, but a good amount since there is only 90 seats total available.

Last edited:
Thank you for the update, but counting between two thread, there is about 11 people on waitlisted. Not sure if that is consider a lot, but a good amount since there is only 90 seats total available.
She confirmed to me that the program size is 80 students total. 90 student class size is most likely for other programs that are sharing the class. Classes offered are not limited to just the MBS program, its shared amongst other health divisions (PT, PA, AA, OT, OD, DO, etc). Also, there may be well over 11 waitlisted, I asked if she was able to disclose the number and she said, verbatim "We are not allowed to say the exact number but it is a decent sized pool"

She confirmed to me that the program size is 80 students total. 90 student class size is most likely for other programs that are sharing the class. Classes offered are not limited to just the MBS program, its shared amongst other health divisions (PT, PA, AA, OT, OD, DO, etc). Also, there may be well over 11 waitlisted, I asked if she was able to disclose the number and she said, verbatim "We are not allowed to say the exact number but it is a decent sized pool"
Thank you, that's good to know.

Just got a letter from NSU, I thought it was my acceptance letter. But it's the same thing as the email I got about waitlisted. :dead: lol

Anyone apply to the MBS program still waiting to hear back or accepted/rejected. I saw an old thread so decided to create a new one for 2020 here.

Thank you so much for creating this new thread! There really isn't much information out there about Nova Southeastern University's MBS program. I tried to find more information, but like you mentioned, everything was with an older date.

I applied for the MBS program in early July, but still have not heard anything back, besides the fact that I'm waitlisted. I wonder if NSU is sending out rejection letters? or just having those who haven't been necessarily accepted yet just waiting? or How quick did you find out about your acceptance?

Where do you apply to the program and would it be too late to start this Fall 2020?

Where do you apply to the program and would it be too late to start this Fall 2020?
The website has an apply link. You have to view on the computer to create an account. August 1st was the deadline for the fall. However based on what others say you can now apply for winter 2020. (Next Monday after the New Years)

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
The website has an apply link. You have to view on the computer to create an account. August 1st was the deadline for the fall. However based on what others say you can now apply for winter 2020. (Next Monday after the New Years)
Thank you! I have LOR from applying to dental school this year. Can I use them? So, when applying for the Winter, is there another link for Winter 2021? I just see Fall 2020, which I applied for.

Thank you! I have LOR from applying to dental school this year. Can I use them? So, when applying for the Winter, is there another link for Winter 2021? I just see Fall 2020, which I applied for.
They should open towards the end of month from what I heard. I believe they can work if your teacher still has them cause it makes you put in their contact info and they are sent a link and they fill it out on there. So maybe you can. I’m not sure about winter 2021 but maybe the fall you applied for is the same as winter 2020

Members don't see this ad :)
No not yet. This is becoming a little frustrating honestly.
I know. Like honestly they need to have more than Nikki handling everything. I called her 30 times in last 4 days and sent 15 emails and I haven’t heard anything back. An earlier post said wait till today but I still haven’t heard anything. Like tell me if I got accepted off the waitlist or not that way I know what further steps to take or if I need to apply for the winter or whatever.

I know. Like honestly they need to have more than Nikki handling everything. I called her 30 times in last 4 days and sent 15 emails and I haven’t heard anything back. An earlier post said wait till today but I still haven’t heard anything. Like tell me if I got accepted off the waitlist or not that way I know what further steps to take or if I need to apply for the winter or whatever.
I spoke to her last week and she said if the waitlist candidates do not hear anything by tonight then it’s safe to say they weren’t accepted since all the seats are full. This program handled things in the worst way possible

I spoke to her last week and she said if the waitlist candidates do not hear anything by tonight then it’s safe to say they weren’t accepted since all the seats are full. This program handled things in the worst way possible
I agree guess we will have to wait till tonight. It’s sad that classes start today and you don’t even know if you got in or not. Like from an academic stand point. They could cover a lot today in class and we’d be behind. Cause even if we got accepted, we would have to do orientation and pay for everything and then register. An earlier call with Nikki she told me when accepted you get assigned an advisor because some of the classes overlap with other programs like dental and medical but each school requires you to take other classes that are specific to the school. That being said there isn’t any telling of when accepted how long the process to actually starts

Reactions: 1 users
Yes exactly!!! I get that things are crazy because of Covid but man plan accordingly! There are a bunch of us out there waitlisted waiting to hear back and the longer we wait the more we fall behind in the application process for other programs.

Yes exactly!!! I get that things are crazy because of Covid but man plan accordingly! There are a bunch of us out there waitlisted waiting to hear back and the longer we wait the more we fall behind in the application process for other programs.
Yeah for real. Also for those interested. There’s a 100% online program for MHA. It’s through CSU global. They start dates pretty much 3x a month. I looked into and met with some of the advisor through zoom. It’s a 1 year program and within the MHA you can specialize in other fields like Finance or Project Management. The next start date is Sept 7. If you do it you’ll finish up October 13-14 next year. Can be full time or part time. And some employers will even pay a little of tuition to. My employer offered me 15% if I chose that route. Total tuition is 18k. Compared to novas 33k. You’ll still be in the health field and in hospitals if you choose that route. Something to look into.

but yeah I hate having to wait. Like litterally I know community colleges that were better than them at handling things.

Anyone got any more updates?
No update, but we all have been waiting this long, I guess one or two more days won't hurt at this point. I'm sure they are slam and behind because of COVID, also more applications than usual. I don't know, we will find out.

Last edited:
Has anyone heard back from the school regarding waitlist for today?

Has anyone heard back from the school regarding waitlist for today?
Nope, most likely for sure tomorrow. But there is also people that is on the waitlist that is not on SDN, so we will never know if they get accepted.

Last edited:
Nope, most likely for sure tomorrow. But there is also people that is on the waitlist that is not on SDN, so we will never know if they get accepted.
True but I assume people would get rejection letters or not

Hey just joined this forum, I am also waitlisted and have not heard back. Hopefully we get some type of answer today. I would hate to miss more classes if accepted.

Just got my email from Nikki so you guys should all be getting one soon I’d imagine. No luck for me but hopefully you guys all get in!

Just got my email from Nikki so you guys should all be getting one soon I’d imagine. No luck for me but hopefully you guys all get in!
same here. no luck for me.
Just a bit frustrated with how poorly this was all handled.
Good luck everyone

Same here, no luck! But wishing the best of luck to you all! I will not be applying to any NSU program in the future

Same here, no luck! But wishing the best of luck to you all! I will not be applying to any NSU program in the future
My sister (dentist) and mentor (orthodontist) both are NSU alumni, I heard many good things about the school. I know that this might not have been a good experience for you, but things happen and hopefully you might change your mind on applying. I just finish my winter application and waiting for LOR and transcript to come in. Best of luck to everybody.

Hi guys also got waitlisted and rejected hoping to apply for winter but now I’m really scared I’m just not good enough :( anyone heard from Nikki ?

Hi guys also got waitlisted and rejected hoping to apply for winter but now I’m really scared I’m just not good enough :( anyone heard from Nikki ?
Don't you ever feel like you're not good enough for anything, that is the whole point of this program, its to redeem yourself.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I'm reapplying for winter MBS, taking DAT again in 1 month and then apply for dental school at the same time, and pray.
Yeah. My main thing is I had an academic fall out back in my sophomore and junior year of college. I wanna take biochem and one Neuro class to finish up my minor and then take the mcat and apply for the MBS and while doing all that take the mcat and apply for medical school

Hey guys so I'm subscribed to UPSP to track my mail. And it said that I will be receiving a letter from NSU in the mail yesterday... but I didn't see it in my mailbox yet. I'm sure it's a rejection letter even though I've told them I'm no longer interested in their program since I'm in another MBS but you guys should be getting official letters soon it seem like!

Hey guys so I'm subscribed to UPSP to track my mail. And it said that I will be receiving a letter from NSU in the mail yesterday... but I didn't see it in my mailbox yet. I'm sure it's a rejection letter even though I've told them I'm no longer interested in their program since I'm in another MBS but you guys should be getting official letters soon it seem like!
Yes, most likely we all will get the same letter.

Yeah. My main thing is I had an academic fall out back in my sophomore and junior year of college. I wanna take biochem and one Neuro class to finish up my minor and then take the mcat and apply for the MBS and while doing all that take the mcat and apply for medical school
That sounds great, never give up.

I'm also signed up with USPS, but I haven't got any notification.

Hey guys! I was also waitlisted and rejected for fall 2020... I cried actual tears when I saw the rejection email this morning. So disappointing!! But it makes me feel better to see that I am not in the boat alone, lol. Hopefully since we are applying to winter earlier in the cycle, our odds of being accepted will be increased. I’m just wondering if anyone knows when they will start sending acceptance/rejection letters for the winter semester? Does anyone know someone who applied for fall and got their acceptance letter in, say March or April, or earlier? The possibility of applying for winter now and getting an acceptance letter in the next month or so would be so reassuring...

Hey guys! I was also waitlisted and rejected for fall 2020... I cried actual tears when I saw the rejection email this morning. So disappointing!! But it makes me feel better to see that I am not in the boat alone, lol. Hopefully since we are applying to winter earlier in the cycle, our odds of being accepted will be increased. I’m just wondering if anyone knows when they will start sending acceptance/rejection letters for the winter semester? Does anyone know someone who applied for fall and got their acceptance letter in, say March or April, or earlier? The possibility of applying for winter now and getting an acceptance letter in the next month or so would be so reassuring...
I applied for Fall in March got waitlisted in August then ultimately rejected soooo you could be waiting up until a week or so before class starts. Don’t trust any timeline they give you; it will most likely change constantly depending on your application. Some people heard back within a week then a good bit of people like myself waited months and months

I applied for Fall in March got waitlisted in August then ultimately rejected soooo you could be waiting up until a week or so before class starts. Don’t trust any timeline they give you; it will most likely change constantly depending on your application. Some people heard back within a week then a good bit of people like myself waited months and months
I guess this can go both way, either you get accepted/rejected early. Or if you don't hear anything for a while, most likely you will be waitlisted. At least that is my understanding at this point. But we all should have plan A-Z, that's why I already apply for winter and planing on taking DAT again in 1 month and then apply for dental school at the same time. Again, I always tell people never give up. Most successful people failed many times in their life, nothing great come easy.

Hi guys. i gave an update about receiving a letter in the mail from NSU and it was another letter just stating that i'm still waitlisted... so confused. haha best of luck to you guys!

Got a phone call yesterday from NSU, they got all my documents and the committee will start reviewing my file for winter.