NSU Master of Biomedical Sciences 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
BEYOND excited to announce that I just received my acceptance call!! SO excited to start this program. Best of luck to you all!

(I’m dental track)
Congrats!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted! Perhaps they finished interviewing all the dental candidates and that’s why they’re sending acceptances to them. :) so if you’re med, don’t worry!

Any recommendations on hotels nearby campus for interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any recommendations on hotels nearby campus for interviews?
Holiday Inn Express
2540 Davie Rd
Davie, FL 33317
954-585-7071
You should call them to reserve for a room. Mention NSU with front desk. This hotel should be in the attachment of your interview invitation email. It is like 5 mins away, very convenience.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you know if there is a fb group for accepted students?
I dont think there is one now, but there will def be a facebook group for accepted students. We will keep you guys posted on that :)

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted! Perhaps they finished interviewing all the dental candidates and that’s why they’re sending acceptances to them. :) so if you’re med, don’t worry!
Yeah and maybe also OOS, hopefully we hear something soon

BEYOND excited to announce that I just received my acceptance call!! SO excited to start this program. Best of luck to you all!

(I’m dental track)
Congratulations!! When was your interview?

Any more interviews will be ?

Do you guys think we will know next week then since everyone will already be interviewed? They say at the end of the month, which is such a long wait, I'm so anxious to know!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys think we will know next week then since everyone will already be interviewed? They say at the end of the month, which is such a long wait, I'm so anxious to know!!
It has to be either next week after Wednesday or the following, it can’t be more than that

Reactions: 1 users
Yea, I think we are all nervous to find out. We have roughly a 50/50 chance of getting in.

It has to be either next week after Wednesday or the following, it can’t be more than that
We were told that decisions are expected to be given next week after Wednesday by Friday.

does anyone know how much is the living expenses? including living off campus or on campus costs?

does anyone know how much is the living expenses? including living off campus or on campus costs?
They gave us a cost of attendance breakdown yesterday. It was ~70k total including tuition off campus. I don’t think they have on campus housing.

They gave us a cost of attendance breakdown yesterday. It was ~70k total including tuition off campus. I don’t think they have on campus housing.
I was looking at some areas around nova and it’s pretty pricey

I was looking at some areas around nova and it’s pretty pricey
Yes it is! If you go a little further away from campus like 10-15 min it’s a lot more reasonable

Yes it is! If you go a little further away from campus like 10-15 min it’s a lot more reasonable
Keep in mind 10-15 minutes from campus may end up being a lot more than that, traffic gets pretty bad during rush hour. For me, the extra couple hundred dollars was worth it to live as close as possible.

Keep in mind 10-15 minutes from campus may end up being a lot more than that, traffic gets pretty bad during rush hour. For me, the extra couple hundred dollars was worth it to live as close as possible.
Yeah that’s true, sharing the rent is always an option for everyone

Does anyone know how do we know we are in waitinglist for the program please?

What about you?
Yes I did back on April 25th, but I was just asking you because you can’t be waitlisted if you haven’t interview, normally you interview and then you get notified if you get accepted, rejected or waitlisted

Anyone else super anxious for tomorrow? :arghh:

I can’t belive this is happening but I will be withdrawing my application for the MBS program because I just got accepted into medical school!!! , I’m still in shock, I can’t belive medical school is happenneing this year !!

Reactions: 7 users
I can’t belive this is happening but I will be withdrawing my application for the MBS program because I just got accepted into medical school!!! , I’m still in shock, I can’t belive medical school is happenneing this year !!
Congratulations! Best of luck to you in Med School

Congratulations!!

Congratulations! Reading what you wrote made my eyes water. Truly happy for you, even though I don’t know you. I’m happy your dreams are coming true. Good luck on everything, future doc ;)!!!!

Congratulations! Reading what you wrote made my eyes water. Truly happy for you, even though I don’t know you. I’m happy your dreams are coming true. Good luck on everything, future doc ;)!!!!
Aww that’s so nice of you and yes I have cried a lot already and I’m pretty sure I will cry a little more lol

AHHHH! How amazing! Congratulations! :banana:

They are calling already guys!!! because I just got accepted to the MBS but I spoke to them about the acceptance I just got today also, so another acceptance spot will be opening soon ....what a crazy day!

Accepted!!! Interviewed april 30th. Looking forward to seeing you all at orientation!

Reactions: 3 users
ACCEPTED !!!! Goodluck to everyone !!!!

Accepted :), interviewed May 11th. Good luck to everyone out there, prayers up.

They are calling already guys!!! because I just got accepted to the MBS but I spoke to them about the acceptance I just got today also, so another acceptance spot will be opening soon ....what a crazy day!
Its a great day!

ACCEPTED!!!!!!! I cant believe it! Can’t wait to meet you all and kick butt together!:soexcited:

Reactions: 2 users
Congratulations to you all who got accepted call

Yay!!! So excited for you! Congratulations!!!
I just received the acceptance email yay!! Can't wait you see you all soon!

I still haven’t heard :(. I guess that means I didn’t get in. Are y’all in state or out of state?

I still haven’t heard :(. I guess that means I didn’t get in. Are y’all in state or out of state?

I’m in state. Keep your hopes up!!! You never know! Maybe you got waitlisted and it’s still very possible to be accepted from it!!!

Reactions: 2 users