NSU Master of Biomedical Sciences 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
does it say you have to have a successful interview.

any above 90 and it transfers into the DO program for M1

Members don't see this ad.

can you post a picture of it cause i wanna know how strong of a linkage it is before I apply

can you post a picture of it cause i wanna know how strong of a linkage it is before I apply

The M1 program is a little weird in how they transfer grades. I’m not 100% sure how it works you would want to ask someone on the medical track. I only know dental. But it’s a 100% linkage into the school. If you are accepted into the masters program. And maintain a B or higher in all courses you will matriculate into the medical/dental school the following year. You are allowed only 7 credits worth of C’s in the program which is equivalent to about one class, maybe two depending on which ones. If you recieve a C you will do the second year of the program but will STILL matriculate into the school. As far as I know, this is the only program with a 100% guarantee into their school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I’m thinking about applying for the entering Fall 2019 class. Do any of you guys know how many dental students they accept in this program?

Hey, does anyone know if there is an SDN page for this years applicants? Also, does anyone know what the average MCAT/gpa is for accepted students?

Is there a direct link to the DO program?
If you maintain a B in your coursework you are guaranteed a seat into the medical/dental school.

Should you obtain a C in any course, you will have to do a second year but will STILL have a guaranteed seat in the school. But you can only obtain 7credits worth of C’s or you are dismissed from the program.

Reactions: 1 user
If you maintain a B in your coursework you are guaranteed a seat into the medical/dental school.

Should you obtain a C in any course, you will have to do a second year but will STILL have a guaranteed seat in the school. But you can only obtain 7credits worth of C’s or you are dismissed from the program.

Thanks so much!

Last question, how doable do you think the MBS program is, in other words is it hard to maintain a B in all the courses - of course this is a subjective question but do you get the feel that they actually want you to succeed or they just want to grade everything on a curve where some individuals aren’t given a reserved seat?

Thanks so much!

Last question, how doable do you think the MBS program is, in other words is it hard to maintain a B in all the courses - of course this is a subjective question but do you get the feel that they actually want you to succeed or they just want to grade everything on a curve where some individuals aren’t given a reserved seat?
This is a little more difficult to say if you’re medical tract. I’m currently on the dental tract

It’s doable, yes. But you will work harder than you ever have in your life. And the medical tract course work in changing in the fall... and honestly I do not know how the incoming class is going to do it. They’ll be taking a few historically difficult courses together. And it makes me nervous for them because in some of those courses, it takes a lot of time and dedication to obtain the B. Yes, there are professors who are more helpful than others. Some have the mentality that “oh what’s the worse that can happen. You just have to do a second year.” Others will move heaven and earth to help you understand the material and perform well. But all in all, you get what you put in. But this program is definitely NOT for the mentally weak or anyone who takes studying lightly. It’s challenging 10000%.

Reactions: 1 user