Official 2014-2015 "Please help me rank these IM Programs" Megathread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

med20140

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If you tell us what you liked and disliked at the interview of the above schools perhaps people could help you. Otherwise, how can anyone answer your question? "prestige wise"---that is purely subjective.

you should aim for the programs that favor in house applicants --esp if you are looking at the money making fellowships (because that is all those 2 have in common) more than "prestige"…because your IMG status will still be a factor.

Members don't see this ad :)
you should aim for the programs that favor in house applicants --esp if you are looking at the money making fellowships (because that is all those 2 have in common) more than "prestige"…because your IMG status will still be a factor.

Agree. Look at the cardiology/GI fellowship rosters for those places and see whether in house IMG residents matched (i.e., does Nebraska have cardiology or GI fellows who were Nebraska IMG IM residents?).

p diddy

If only we had a thread where people would already ask questions about how to rank programs.

IF only . . .

If wishes were horses, beggars would ride!

Yawn. Yet another "card$ or ga$tro" guy.

Reactions: 1 users
Do you think this is the dumbest thread ever on SDN?

Reactions: 1 user
Do you think this is the dumbest thread ever on SDN?
On SDN in general? No...there's a whole forum (Pre-Allo) composed entirely of dumber threads than this. But this thread (and I mean that in the general sense as "this" thread pops up every year) is certainly the lamest one in the IM forum.

To the OP (who has since deleted his/her post), we're not really ganging up on you personally here. We're just trying to point out that the whole idea of having random jackholes on the intarwubs help you determine what is probably the most important career decision you'll ever make in your life, is completely ludicrous. You're not the first person to ask, and you won't be the last. But you were the first this year...hence the internet beatdown.

We don't know you and we don't care about you...at all.

The advice you will get from such a query is, at best, well intentioned but misguided and, at worst, intentionally misleading. To the credit of our regular users (myself included), we've refrained from giving you intentionally bad advice so far.

If you don't have, at the very least, some vague idea of how each of those programs will allow you to pursue your stated goals (of getting a competitive fellowship and a theoretically lucrative job 6 or 8 years from now) then no information that anybody here can provide will be of any use to you.

So, as jdh says every year, "rank 'em as you like 'em" and let the chips fall where they may. I assure you that you, not the program you eventually match to, is the driving factor here.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Last edited:
Ugh...since you all clearly can't be stopped, here's your silly thread. Hell, it's even stickied.

And just to be clear...anyone who posts a request for help and then doesn't post where they matched within 1 week of Match Day will be banned. So think hard before posting here.

If only we had a thread were people would help us rank programs.

If only . . .

I apologize, I didn't know this thread was created already!

Ugh...since you all clearly can't be stopped, here's your silly thread. Hell, it's even stickied.

And just to be clear...anyone who posts a request for help and then doesn't post where they matched within 1 week of Match Day will be banned. So think hard before posting here.

Hm...I don't think it's silly, I think it's important to get help from someone more knowledgeable about the programs than us, this can literally determine our lives for the next 3+ years!
I also promise to post where I matched (if I do):happy:

Last edited:
Hm...I don't think it's silly, I think it's important to get help from someone more knowledgeable about the programs than us, this can literally determine our lives for the next 3+ years!
There is nobody more knowledgable about your goals, needs, desires and feeling about various programs than you. The rest of us are just spouting bulls*** that makes us feel good about ourselves. Relying on any information you get from a bunch of random jackholes on an anonymous internet forum to help you make a life altering decision like this is ridiculous.

In fact, I said pretty much the exact same thing right here before I merged these two threads. The information is so important though that it needed to be said at least twice, probably 175 times...but I'm out.
I also promise to post where I matched (if I do):happy:
No you won't...but whatever.

There is nobody more knowledgable about your goals, needs, desires and feeling about various programs than you. The rest of us are just spouting bulls*** that makes us feel good about ourselves. Relying on any information you get from a bunch of random jackholes on an anonymous internet forum to help you make a life altering decision like this is ridiculous.

In fact, I said pretty much the exact same thing right here before I merged these two threads. The information is so important though that it needed to be said at least twice, probably 175 times...but I'm out.

No you won't...but whatever.

Gutonc, you've been helping people rank for years now, so what makes you change your mind now? I never said that you're more knowledgeable about my goals, I said you are more knowledgeable about the programs' reputations than someone who has never even lived in the US such as me. I literally have no idea if, for example, UMass is any better than UBuffalo. They both told me they support research, have good match-lists...etc. No program will outright tell you "our reputation is non-existent". So I'm asking someone here to help me if they can in terms of the general consensus about these programs.

Please excuse me if I sound rude but there's no reason to get angry at me for asking for some advice.

Thanks.

Looking for opinions on how to rank the following programs in terms of:

1. Obtaining a GI fellowship
2. Overall prestige and competitiveness
3. Where you would chose to go and why (location, cost, quality of life etc...)
4. Any general comments about any of the programs you think would be relevant

I have narrowed down my top choices to the following 4. Obviously going to rank all schools I interviewed at but wondering most about opinions on the following 4.

1. UTSW
2. UAB
3. WashU
4. University of Michigan

I really appreciate any insight posters can give me in the above criteria. Having a hard time ranking. I am a single white male mid 20s. I will post where I match.

Thank you

Last edited:
double posted... - delete this post

Last edited:
Looking for opinions on how to rank the following programs in terms of:

1. Obtaining a GI fellowship
2. Overall prestige and competitiveness
3. Where you would chose to go and why (location, cost, quality of life etc...)
4. Any general comments about any of the programs you think would be relevant

I have narrowed down my top choices to the following 4. Obviously going to rank all schools I interviewed at but wondering most about opinions on the following 4.

1. UTSW
2. UAB
3. WashU
4. University of Michigan

I really appreciate any insight posters can give me in the above criteria. Having a hard time ranking. I am a single white male mid 20s. I will post where I match.

Thank you

From what I've gathered on my trek :
Wash U = or slightly > UM = UAB =/> UTSW

1. Pretty sure all of these will do fine come GI match time.
2. WashU is consistently ranked higher than the other schools and is an overall well known name, same for UofM.
3. This is where the meat of your question is as this is an important objective thing that you need to decided based on your preference.
WashU in STL, best cost of living period, however, its the midwest, they get ice storms and snow storms. It can get dreary, but the city itself is good for fairly young people/new families as there are multiple bars and decent night life, but still a nod towards more family friendly activities.
UofM is in Ann Arbor, MI. Again, midwest. MI can get an absolute assload of snow each winter and you need to be okay with the fact that your main seasons are construction and winter. You need to like the feelings of "crisp" mornings to enjoy it. You will be in a full-on college town with plenty of activities for a younger crowd. Cost of living is in the middle.
UAB in Birmingham. Small city, but affordable. Doesn't have the "big city" amenities that some people look forward to. Probably close to one of the stronget programs in the southeast. Large amount of research funding. More known for their Cards and ID service I believe. Fairly mild climate year round.
UTSW in Dallas. Big ol city in TX. Hot, hotter, hottest. Not the humid hell-on-earth of Houston, but still hot none-the-less. So hot in fact I believe King of the Hill called the city a testament to man's hubris in creating a city that should not exist. Cost of living is in the middle again, this is oil country and McMansion's abound.

4. Only current/former residents can answer this.

In the end as gutonc and others have said, one place should have made you feel something in your gut. A place where you can see yourself working with the current staff. All of these places give you a fantastic chance of matching in GI and offer similar levels of training. What's important is that you find a place where the atmosphere felt right for you to be able to improve your standing by doing research and having a chance to do GI and GI related rotations to show your enthusiasm for the field. You cannot rest on the program's laurels or your own, past results do not always predict future ones. A school that you felt really wants to help you succeed, is much better than going to one you felt weird about because of its "name". Try to think back about how you felt leaving each program. Where you excited about it? Did you like the people? Were they more than happy to talk about things? Did you mesh well with their personalities? Did you & your possible SO like the idea of living in that city for 3-forever years? Did the support staff seem helpful (Magnet status, low/no scutwork)? Is the cafeteria/food good? Was the program making adjustments to improve all the time? Lots of questions, but only you can truly know what qualities of a program are important to you. Prestige isn't everything, especially when it comes to "finally" starting your real career.

Last edited:
I can't

I just can't

Maybe I'll be back in January

Though I won't be helping with ranking to top 25 programs. It's like asking if you should nail the hot blond or the hot brunette?? Oh, I'm sorry sorry for the difficult and hard decision of which hot chick to nail. Life is hard. When you want to ask the equivalent of if should nail the girl with the pretty face and the limp or the chubby one but your friends won't find out I'm all over that.

Lastly, your personal record, reputation, and contacts you make in residency get you the fellowship you want to do and this can be arranged out of most university program. So I simply can't strain at gnats about programs so close in reputation. I won't.

Reactions: 3 users
Though I won't be helping with ranking to top 25 programs. It's like asking if you should nail the hot blond or the hot brunette?? Oh, I'm sorry sorry for the difficult and hard decision of which hot chick to nail. Life is hard. When you want to ask the equivalent of if should nail the girl with the pretty face and the limp or the chubby one but your friends won't find out I'm all over that.

I love you. "Wahhh Emma Watson and Jennifer Lawrence wanna bang me, but they both say I can only have one! Which one should I choose guys?" is very different from "So Rebel Wilson or Gwenyth Paltrow guys?"

(side note for jdh71 "Takes a lot to make a stew.....")

2. WashU is consistently ranked higher than the other schools and is an overall well known name, same for UofM.
3. This is where the meat of your question is as this is an important objective thing that you need to decided based on your preference.
WashU in STL, best cost of living period, however, its the midwest, they get ice storms and snow storms. It can get dreary, but the city itself is good for fairly young people/new families as there are multiple bars and decent night life, but still a nod towards more family friendly activities.
UofM is in Ann Arbor, MI. Again, midwest. MI can get an absolute assload of snow each winter and you need to be okay with the fact that your main seasons are construction and winter. You need to like the feelings of "crisp" mornings to enjoy it. You will be in a full-on college town with plenty of activities for a younger crowd. Cost of living is in the middle.
UAB in Birmingham. Small city, but affordable. Doesn't have the "big city" amenities that some people look forward to. Probably close to one of the stronget programs in the southeast. Large amount of research funding. More known for their Cards and ID service I believe. Fairly mild climate year round.
UTSW in Dallas. Big ol city in TX. Hot, hotter, hottest. Not the humid hell-on-earth of Houston, but still hot none-the-less. So hot in fact I believe King of the Hill called the city a testament to man's hubris in creating a city that should not exist. Cost of living is in the middle again, this is oil country and McMansion's abound.

In the end as gutonc and others have said, one place should have made you feel something in your gut. A place where you can see yourself working with the current staff. All of these places give you a fantastic chance of matching in GI and offer similar levels of training. What's important is that you find a place where the atmosphere felt right for you to be able to improve your standing by doing research and having a chance to do GI and GI related rotations to show your enthusiasm for the field. You cannot rest on the program's laurels or your own, past results do not always predict future ones. A school that you felt really wants to help you succeed, is much better than going to one you felt weird about because of its "name". Try to think back about how you felt leaving each program. Where you excited about it? Did you like the people? Were they more than happy to talk about things? Did you mesh well with their personalities? Did you & your possible SO like the idea of living in that city for 3-forever years? Did the support staff seem helpful (Magnet status, low/no scutwork)? Is the cafeteria/food good? Was the program making adjustments to improve all the time? Lots of questions, but only you can truly know what qualities of a program are important to you. Prestige isn't everything, especially when it comes to "finally" starting your real career.

thanks so much. I appreciate your insight. I know people get frustrated with these threads, especially annoying with rank these "top" schools. However, it is 3 years of someones life with a direct impact on what I will be doing daily for the rest of my life. I figure I better get as much info/opinions from as many individuals as possible to add to my own impressions you know?

thanks so much. I appreciate your insight. I know people get frustrated with these threads, especially annoying with rank these "top" schools. However, it is 3 years of someones life with a direct impact on what I will be doing daily for the rest of my life. I figure I better get as much info/opinions from as many individuals as possible to add to my own impressions you know?

I don't think that's unreasonable. My general opinion is WashU = UM and both may be slightly better perceived that UTSW and UAB. That being said, any difference is minimal, is affected by what part of the country you're in and I wouldn't make the decision based purely on perceived prestige or reputation as the difference really is minimal between the 4 programs.

Wash U slightly > UTSW = Michigan > UAB. Some would argue UTSW is probably the best out of the group. There is no way UTSW and UAB are in the same league.

Ok since my post was ignored. Can anyone maybe answer this stupid question (just goes to show how clueless I am about the whole thing, sorry!).
Are these programs also considered "University programs" or at the level of one (as I see the rule is that a university program is better for matching at competitive fellowships) even though the name doesn't say "University of ____"? Or would a place like University at Buffalo be a better option than these ones? I'm so sorry if this sounds really stupid to you...

Albert Einstein-Montefiore
Albert Einstein-Jacobi
Methodist-Houston

Also I really liked Montefiore and heard it had a good reputation from researching about it. Would Jacobi be of similar reputation or would it be a lot further down the list?

Ok since my post was ignored. Can anyone maybe answer this stupid question (just goes to show how clueless I am about the whole thing, sorry!).
Are these programs also considered "University programs" or at the level of one (as I see the rule is that a university program is better for matching at competitive fellowships) even though the name doesn't say "University of ____"? Or would a place like University at Buffalo be a better option than these ones? I'm so sorry if this sounds really stupid to you...

Albert Einstein-Jacobi
Methodist-Houston

Also I really liked Montefiore and heard it had a good reputation from researching about it. Would Jacobi be of similar reputation or would it be a lot further down the list?

What is important to you? Reputation? Research opportunities? Board pass rate? Fellowship match? (This will help guide the ranking)

What is important to you? Reputation? Research opportunities? Board pass rate? Fellowship match? (This will help guide the ranking)

Best chances at Cardiology fellowship and research are important for me. Reputation I guess correlates with match rate?
Thanks!

Best chances at Cardiology fellowship and research are important for me. Reputation I guess correlates with match rate?
Thanks!

I don't have insight into the other two programs but I know a decent amount about Houston Methodist. They are located at the TMC which has the Texas Heart Institute hanging along with it. There are Kelsey-Seybold cardiologists working on the same campus over at St. Luke's and they do a phenominal job of providing cardiac care. They seem to match people into GI/Cards at the rate of 2-4/year out of their class of 10 which isn't bad. I feel that its a good program in its own right, you just have to want to live in Houston, which is a nice city with plently of stuff to do, but again, a 100+ degree swampland.

Last edited:
There is no way UTSW and UAB are in the same league.

Horse****

This is my second biggest pet peeve in these threads. Statements like this. UTSW might be the higher regarded academic program but they are both very much in the SAME league.

People say crap like this and then others repeat it like gospel.

need some general opinion in terms of objective, academic prestige please (which of these is the best for academic stuff and fellowship setup)...

- Cleveland Clinic
- Einstein Montefiore
- Baylor COM

Thanks.

Albert Einstein-Jacobi
Methodist-Houston

Monte is the fifth best program in NYC. I'd have a hard time including Jacobi in a list of the top dozen.

need some general opinion in terms of objective, academic prestige please (which of these is the best for academic stuff and fellowship setup)...

- Cleveland Clinic
- Einstein Montefiore
- Baylor COM

Thanks.

Monte = Baylor > Cleveland Clinic

- Cleveland Clinic
- Einstein Montefiore
- Baylor COM

Thanks.

Real Baylor > Monte > Cleveland Clinic

California resident looking to go into cardiology and eventually practice in California: Please help me!
- Yale
- UCSD
- Mayo Rochester
- Case Western
- U Colorado
- Baylor
- UNC
- Boston University
- USC
- Cedars Sinai

Last edited:
So...it's the first week of December. Have all of you posting these 10-15 program lists really interviewed at all of them already and are ready to make your rank lists? If so, carry on (but without me). If not, come back when you're done interviewing and can semi-rationally discuss the relative merits of the programs you're listing.

Albert Einstein-Jacobi
Methodist-Houston

I can't really speak for the Einstein programs (even though I believe the Montefiore program is considered the flagship program for that system) but Methodist Houston program isn't a university program.

Essentially you can think of programs as either academic/university programs which fall underneath an umbrella university system like say the University of Texas system which has a number of different medical schools including UT Southwestern, San Antonio, Houston which all run their own residency programs vs community based programs which are usually standalone hospitals that have various residency programs that they run like Methodist Houston which is just a big hospital in Houston with no real university affiliation (and I don't really count some partnership with Cornell's med school)

Monte is a predominantly AMG program; Jacobi is a predominantly IMG program. Actually, a lot of the kids from my school don't even get interviews from Jacobi probably because they look for a very different set of applicants.

I didn't apply to Buffalo but when I interviewed this year at Monte I felt like it has all the prestige of Einstein attached to it being the flagship university program of Albert Einstein. So if you want to go from that, I'm pretty sure Einstein > Buffalo in terms of reputation. You have plenty of research opportunities at the medical school if you want, and you rotate through the biggest hospitals in the Einstein health system (which includes two other residencies, Jacobi and Wakefield - which are both IMG-focused programs with emphasis on the county and community levels, respectively). They have a pretty good fellowship match list (if you interviewed it's in the USB drive they give you) and it seems like you shouldn't have a problem matching if you want to do a fellowship.

In NYC, it's certainly the 5th-most prestigious program following Columbia/Cornell/Sinai and NYU.

I haven't interviewed yet at Houston Methodist so I don't know how it is perceived although I think from my earlier research they also do really well in terms of fellowships for a small "community" program (there's now an affiliation with Weill Cornell Medical College actually but I'm not sure what the relationship is). They're also in the same town as Baylor and UT-Houston so I'm not sure how that affects their reputation either.

Horse****

This is my second biggest pet peeve in these threads. Statements like this. UTSW might be the higher regarded academic program but they are both very much in the SAME league.

People say crap like this and then others repeat it like gospel.
But are they in the same sub-tiers? What about the sub-tiers?!

I think the whole ranking thing in addition to the question "What are you looking for in a program?" have both changed over interview season.

Honestly I'm interviewing at a lot of top 20, and none really out of the top 30 (at least based on most rankings on here). They all look the same. The fellowship match, diverse patients, research opportunities, etc. I might as well throw the ****ing interview out the window. Cannot tell them apart. But I do know that the general vibes I get from one place v.s. another can be drastically different.

For example: Every program I interviewed at v.s. Emory. Emory gave me extremely negatives vibes but their academic pedigree and their fellowship match is outstanding. If I forgot about that and went off SDN rankings it would be often times a top 20 consideration. But that program, I hope I don't match there! lol.

So it comes down to the people, the personality of the program, location, etc once you're at a certain level. And if the interview day inaccurately represents the above, **** it just go there anyway. You wouldn't be able to tell the difference regardless.

There are a couple spots on my list I met have questions about, and I might post my list in here for ****s, but honestly the utility is minimal, as I've come to learn. You just have to work your ass off during residency and let the chips fall where they may.

Last edited:
But are they in the same sub-tiers? What about the sub-tiers?!

I think the whole ranking thing in addition to the question "What are you looking for in a program?" have both changed over interview season.

Honestly I'm interviewing at a lot of top 20, and none really out of the top 30 (at least based on most rankings on here). They all look the same. The fellowship match, diverse patients, research opportunities, etc. I might as well throw the ******* interview out the window. Cannot tell them apart. But I do know that the general vibes I get from one place v.s. another can be drastically different.

For example: Every program I interviewed at v.s. Emory. Emory gave me extremely negatives vibes but their academic pedigree and their fellowship match is outstanding. If I forgot about that and went off SDN rankings it would be often times a top 20 consideration. But that program, I hope I don't match there! lol.

So it comes down to the people, the personality of the program, location, etc once you're at a certain level. And if the interview day inaccurately represents the above, **** it just go there anyway. You wouldn't be able to tell the difference regardless.

There are a couple spots on my list I met have questions about, and I might post my list in here for ****s, but honestly the utility is minimal, as I've come to learn. You just have to work your ass off during residency and let the chips fall where they may.

Go with your gut.

We say it every year.

California resident looking to go into cardiology and eventually practice in California: Please help me!
- Yale
- UCSD
- Mayo Rochester
- Case Western
- U Colorado
- Baylor
- UNC
- Boston University
- USC
- Cedars Sinai

Do you want to leave California for training? If so, then you have a great list of solid programs to choose from and its just a matter of personal preference because you're gonna get good training at any of those places and you won't be putting yourself at a disadvantage at one place over the other for cards

Do you want to leave California for training? If so, then you have a great list of solid programs to choose from and its just a matter of personal preference because you're gonna get good training at any of those places and you won't be putting yourself at a disadvantage at one place over the other for cards
I'm open for leaving California for 3 years if it sets me up better for the future. I guess what I'm wondering is if programs considered "higher ranked" such as Baylor, UNC, Colorado, BU, Case would put me in a better position than USC and Cedars Sinai for fellowship and job opportunities in California? I realize there is a lot that goes in between now and fellowship+beyond and a lot of it will do with what I make of it.

So...it's the first week of December. Have all of you posting these 10-15 program lists really interviewed at all of them already and are ready to make your rank lists? If so, carry on (but without me). If not, come back when you're done interviewing and can semi-rationally discuss the relative merits of the programs you're listing.
It's already almost 2 months deep in into interviewing and I have visited said programs. I realize these threads are super annoying to you veterans, but all your input is highly valued!

Hi all,

Looking at Primary Care IM programs in the Northeast (particularly NYC and surrounding), I'm finding it really tough to come up with a rank order. Anyone have thoughts on those programs? Particularly Montefiore vs NYU? Also MSSM, Cornell, Yale...

This isn't so much a , "please help me rank these programs" list, as a "I'm confused about actual reality vs. SDN-ity." I know that the wiser, long-time members always say to go with your gut, which I agree with. I guess I just want to make sure my gut will place me somewhere that will give me an opportunity to do whatever I want (whether that be primary care, hospitalist, or a fellowship). I interviewed at Iowa and really loved the program, and seem to hear good things about Iowa while on the interview trail. However, when I talk to other applicants or read about Iowa on here, it seems less well-known/strong of a program.

Basically if I rank Iowa #1 (over places like Wisconsin, Mayo, UCSD, etc.), will I be setting myself up to have options or will I have less than at some of those others places? Thanks :)

I'm right there with you. I love places like OHSU, UVA, UNC, UWisc, and I feel out of place at Vandy, Penn, Mayo, Hopkins etc. Those programs, as well as Iowa, may not get you a Heme/Onc fellowship at MD Anderson, but they'll get you where you wanna be, IMO. They're all great programs. And won't we have the same "not fitting in" feeling at those elite fellowship places?

I feel like I'll get the most out of myself where I'm happy, not where the most NIH funding is. Take this with a grain of salt though, I'm just a fourth year like you. Just my outlook on all of it.

I'm thinking of closing this thread since the last 2 posters have basically said everything that needs to be said about this.

If you are at the level that you're getting numerous solid mid/upper tier invites, the only limiting factor in where you can go and what you can do in the future will be you. The program will have a minimal impact on that.

Go where you think you'll be happiest.

I'm right there with you. I love places like OHSU, UVA, UNC, UWisc, and I feel out of place at Vandy, Penn, Mayo, Hopkins etc. Those programs, as well as Iowa, may not get you a Heme/Onc fellowship at MD Anderson, but they'll get you where you wanna be, IMO. They're all great programs. And won't we have the same "not fitting in" feeling at those elite fellowship places?

I feel like I'll get the most out of myself where I'm happy, not where the most NIH funding is. Take this with a grain of salt though, I'm just a fourth year like you. Just my outlook on all of it.

Also loved UWisc, such a great program with wonderful people (reminds me a lot of Iowa). High five to this attitude/reply, I couldn't agree more (it's funny how the "prestigious" places aren't necessarily places or people I see myself hanging out with for the next 3 years). Good luck with your decision!

This isn't so much a , "please help me rank these programs" list, as a "I'm confused about actual reality vs. SDN-ity." I know that the wiser, long-time members always say to go with your gut, which I agree with. I guess I just want to make sure my gut will place me somewhere that will give me an opportunity to do whatever I want (whether that be primary care, hospitalist, or a fellowship). I interviewed at Iowa and really loved the program, and seem to hear good things about Iowa while on the interview trail. However, when I talk to other applicants or read about Iowa on here, it seems less well-known/strong of a program.

Basically if I rank Iowa #1 (over places like Wisconsin, Mayo, UCSD, etc.), will I be setting myself up to have options or will I have less than at some of those others places? Thanks :)

Iowa isn't like Mickey Mouse University or anything - Hell if you do residency there AND stay for one of their fellowships you're already way ahead of most people and this is without doing anything "fancy" because they have good IM and fellowships - period - both clinically and academically.

Iowa is legit. Said without an ounce of irony. You'll be fine.

Hello.

I need help ranking the following programs. My career goal at this point is to become a hospitalist, however, I haven't ruled out becoming a specialist if I become interested in a particular field. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks.

-Christiana Care
-Western Michigan University
-Albany Medical College
-Case-MetroHealth
-Lehigh Valley Hospital
-Abbott Northwestern

Status
Not open for further replies.