***Official 2017 GPR/AEGD Interviews/Match/Non-Match Results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone has received interview invitation from University of Washington GPR? they said they will release the result in the week of Oct 26.
I believe tomorrow oct 28th is the day they give out interviews.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do any of you know of past residents that could shed some light of their experiences at Swedish Medical and West LA VA?

Has anyone hear back from LA Venice, VA Long beach, or VA Sepulveda? Their deadlines were back in October 17th, so wondering if they sent any invites out yet.

reallllllly regretting sending in my PASS in june. getting way too antsy ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Abington Memorial Dec 2nd, UConn Nov 10th, Lehigh Valley Nov 12, and Bellvue Nov 22nd.

Hey guys,

For those who are wondering, Orlando VA has sent out all their invites this afternoon. If you haven't received anything through email, chances are you probably won't. The director only has two additional candidates as a backup, in the event any of the 16 selected decides to decline.

received interview invite from Bellevue Hospital GPR

Anything from Staten Island or Maimonides yet? Was really hoping for interviews at those two...

Has anyone heard from Philly VA, Einstein or UPMC?
Got interview invitation from Einstein medical center GPR . Available interview dates are Nov 17 and Nov 18. Anyone knows anything about this program in terms of clinical experience? I have heard two extreme comments on it. Please share if you know anything about the program !!! Thank you !

Got interview invitation from Einstein medical center GPR . Available interview dates are Nov 17 and Nov 18. Anyone knows anything about this program in terms of clinical experience? I have heard two extreme comments on it. Please share if you know anything about the program !!! Thank you !

I heard it's a good program and they place a lot of implants.

I attended the University of Washington GPR a few years back. It's a rotation based GPR, meaning you will spend about either 6 or 12 weeks at a certain location.
The locations include an anesthesia rotation at the VA(you will learn how to place a lot of IVs and stand around during surgeries all day for about 6 weeks doing absolutely no dentistry).

You will have a pedo rotation at the center for pediatric dentistry where you will have an experience that includes doing a lot of recall exams, a minimum amount of restorative, a couple of SSCs if any, plus standing around during GA not doing many procedures.

There's a oral surgery rotation where you will stand in the OR for pretty much the whole day retracting tissue. If you're not in the OR you are completing pre-op exams to clear patients for surgery, again, very little general dentistry experience.

The VA rotation is decent, usually about a 12 week rotation that you will be doing restorative, fixed pros, removable.

The last rotation is at the hospital dentistry clinic or AGD clinic where you treat medically compromised patients. Decent experience that is about 12 weeks long. You have an endodontist that comes one day every other week that spends most her time chatting it up with the assistants and use K-files without gloves(better tactile sensation apparently?)

Finally you are on call at the UW emergency room for 1 full week every 7-8 weeks where you have to carry a pager around all the time and drop everything you're doing to go into the hospital to treat patients(yes, 24 hours a day with no DA to set up or clean up for you)

I may be missing a rotation but, bottom line is the UW GPR is great for anyone looking to improve their dentistry for about 24 weeks out of the whole year or if they are curious what it's like to stand in during surgeries in the OR.

Definitely better off not attending the GPR, you should consider yourself lucky if you don't get an interview so you don't waste your time and money.

If you really want to be in Seattle, I've heard great things about Swedish GPR and the VA program as well.

Hope this helps anyone looking to apply. I just hope someone doesn't waste a year like I did.

I didn't apply on PASS for AEGD/GPR programs until end of September 2016. I did not take the ADAT (I refuse to conform to the ADA's mistake of getting rid of scores and not accepting their mistake...LOL). Here are the interviews I've had or that are coming up:

-NYU Lutheran Central Arizona AEGD 10/5/16
-NYU Lutheran Roseman AEGD 11/11/16
-Sepulveda VA Hospital GPR 11/22/16
-University Medical Center-Fresno GPR 12/5/16
-Rancho Los Amigos GPR 12/6/16
-West LA VA Hospital GPR 12/12/16
-LAC+USC GPR 12/14/16
-San Diego VA Hospital GPR 12/21/16
-UCLA GPR 12/22/16

Most of these interviews gave me about 2 weeks or more notice to plan travel arrangements. Luckily most programs have interviews on different days (so they don't conflict with other programs) and they give you a few options for dates.

Never heard from our rejected by (their loss):

-UNLV GPR
-SLC VA Hospital GPR

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Please does anyone know if UCONN has sent out all their invites?

Reactions: 1 user
So far heard from:
U Colorado
VA Palo Alto
VA Denver
Univ Washington
Denver Health

No news yet from:
VA San Fran
VA Long Beach
VA Mare Island/Sacramento
VA Portland
VA Puget Sound (Washington)

^^anyone hear from these? (a friend heard from Portland a month ago)

So far heard from:
U Colorado
VA Palo Alto
VA Denver
Univ Washington
Denver Health

No news yet from:
VA San Fran
VA Long Beach
VA Mare Island/Sacramento
VA Portland
VA Puget Sound (Washington)

^^anyone hear from these? (a friend heard from Portland a month ago)

Contacted VA Long Beach recently and they said they sent out all interviews already. :(

How about UF/Seminole AEGD in St. Petersburg?? Are they done with interview requests?

Has anyone heard from these programs?
-VA Salt Lake City GPR
-Rancho Los Amigos GPR
-UNLV GPR

Last edited:
Anyone hear anything from ECU GPR, UNC AEGD and GPR, or Fayetteville VA in North Carolina?
I interviewed (9/12) and received an offer from ECU AEGD(11/3).
I received an invitation to interview at ECU GPR for 11/18.
Interviewing with LSU GPR 11/7.
I got a phone call from UNC AEGD on 11/2 with an invitation to interview on 12/2, but have received no formal email correspondence? Anyone else in the same boat with UNC? Should I follow up?

Has anyone heard anything from threes programs?

UCLA GPR
UCSF GPR
Cambridge Health Alliance/Harvard School of Dental Medicine - GPR
The University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine - GPR

Anyone hear heard back from NYU Lutheran AEGD @ Santa Barbara, San Diego, or Davis?

Heard back from AEGD @ Yakima Valley (WA); UCLA-Venice AEGD (they're currently in the process of doing phone interviews); and UoP's AEGD in Union City

I interviewed (9/12) and received an offer from ECU AEGD(11/3).
I received an invitation to interview at ECU GPR for 11/18.
Interviewing with LSU GPR 11/7.
I got a phone call from UNC AEGD on 11/2 with an invitation to interview on 12/2, but have received no formal email correspondence? Anyone else in the same boat with UNC? Should I follow up?

Hey buddy congrats for making it to these interviews. Can you please tell us about your profile?