**Official 2019 Pedo PASS/Interviews/Match/Non-Match**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Big Time Hoosier

Man. Myth. Legend.
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, I don’t believe I’ve seen an official pedo thread for this cycle, so here it is. Looks like the first interview invites over the past few years went out the very end of August. Good luck!

As a side note, I would like to apologize to all of the other applicants because you have to compete against me.

D84721DD-5B22-4AB6-959F-84B818BDCAB5.gif

Big Hoss

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
Best of luck to everyone applying. Started to hear back around now during last cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all!! I think the thread they had last year worked great in the format below. We can just add to it in bold as more interviews come in so we can keep track of them all. Good luck everyone!!

NYU Langone Yakima (e-mail 8/27) interview 9/28 with social the night before

Reactions: 1 users
Hey Folks,
First time ever on SDN. I went through pre-dental and dental school never once getting on but I finally broke down. Big stuff going on here so figure it's time.

NYU-Langone Yakima (email 8/27) interview 9/28 with social the night before
NYU-Langone Missouri (email 8/27) interview 10/25 with social same night

Hi all!! I think the thread they had last year worked great in the format below. We can just add to it in bold as more interviews come in so we can keep track of them all. Good luck everyone!!

Anyone going to Yakima interested in splitting a rental car and hotel?

Reactions: 1 user
NYU-Langone Hawaii (email 8/29) interview 10/1 with social same night
NYU-Langone Massachusetts (email 8/28) interview 10/9 with social night before

did you guys receive verification emails for completed applications? Wondering if I should contact each school and make sure everything is in...

Yes and no. I've reached out to the "no's" and some haven't been super helpful or clear.

Big Hoss

Did you actually get an email that said you weren't getting an interview? Like it sounds like NYU-Hawaii sent out interviews and I didn't get an invite but I also didn't get an email saying I wasn't getting an invite. I was considering emailing them but had the thought that maybe there could be another round of invites going out. Maybe just wishful thinking.

Did you actually get an email that said you weren't getting an interview? Like it sounds like NYU-Hawaii sent out interviews and I didn't get an invite but I also didn't get an email saying I wasn't getting an invite. I was considering emailing them but had the thought that maybe there could be another round of invites going out. Maybe just wishful thinking.
No. Just schools telling me that my application was complete or telling me what else I needed to send them. I didn’t apply to any of the programs that have released interview invites.

Big Hoss

Applicant here. This is my second time around. Looking to hopefully get some interviews and match at a great program. We will see. Anyone notice some programs never reached out for secondary info even though the AAPD listed them as wanting $$? Like Ann & Robert Children's Hospital and Miami Children's? I tried contacting these schools multiple times without success.

Good luck everyone.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Applicant here. This is my second time around. Looking to hopefully get some interviews and match at a great program. We will see. Anyone notice some programs never reached out for secondary info even though the AAPD listed them as wanting $$$? Like Ann & Robert Children's Hospital and Miami Children's? I tried contacting these schools multiple times without success.

Good luck everyone.

-Matthew
Out of curiosity, what did you do to improve your application for the second go around? Best of luck!

Big Hoss

Out of curiosity, what did you do to improve your application for the second go around? Best of luck!

Big Hoss

Hey Big Hoss,

First off, great name. lol I improved my application in many ways. I improved my GPA my final semesters so that is huge. It was low when applying in dental school due to medical related issues. I'm much better now! Thank God. My application was stacked when I previously applied. I had pediatric research, tons of volunteering, externships, involved with every organization and many mission trips. I think my GPA was the main reason I didn't get many interviews.

Since not matching, I've worked in public health full-time, seeing many children each day. We also work with a school sealant program and see foster children on a dental bus. I work part-time at a private office on the weekends and some evenings. Volunteer with multiple free dental clinics in town. I work as clinical instructor of a local dental hygiene program. I went recently on a mission trip to Haiti and am planning one to Uganda in March 2019. I did a few more externships as well. No vacations for me. I only have off a couple days a month, if I'm lucky! lol I'm currently the Chief Dental Officer of an FQHC with 9 locations. I'm sure I'm missing a bunch of stuff. I think I'm a much better applicant now than I was before. Mainly because I know more of why I want to be a pediatric dentist. I'm hoping for some programs to give me a chance because I think I'm a great applicant.

What about you Big Hoss?

Last edited:
Hey Big Hoss,

First off, great name. lol I improved my application in many ways. I improved my GPA my final semesters so that is huge. It was low when applying in dental school due to medical related issues. I'm much better now! Thank God. My application was stacked when I previously applied. I had pediatric research, tons of volunteering, externships, involved with every organization and many mission trips. I think my GPA was the main reason I didn't get many interviews.

Since not matching, I've worked in public health full-time, seeing many children each day. We also work with a school sealant program and see foster children on a dental bus. I work part-time at a private office on the weekends and some evenings. Volunteer with multiple free dental clinics in town. I work as clinical instructor of a local dental hygiene program. I went recently on a mission trip to Haiti and am planning one to Uganda in March 2019. I did a few more externships as well. No vacations for me. I only have off a couple days a month, if I'm lucky! lol I'm currently the Chief Dental Officer of an FQHC with 9 locations. I'm sure I'm missing a bunch of stuff. I think I'm a much better applicant now than I was before. Mainly because I know more of why I want to be a pediatric dentist. I'm hoping for some programs to give me a chance because I think I'm a great applicant.

What about you Big Hoss?

-Matthew
My numbers are pretty solid, so hopefully that gets my foot in the door. I volunteered for years at a children’s hospital before and during dental school, along with the typical dental outreach in school. I think my biggest weakness is the fact that as an dentist stateside in military I haven’t had much hands-on pediatric dentistry experience since graduating. However, I have racked up a lot of pediatric CE, if that’s worth anything.

Big Hoss

NYU-Langone AZ Phoenix (email 9/4) interview 10/12 with social night before
NYU-Langone AZ Tucson (phone call 9/4) interview 10/15 with social same night

Do they leave voicemails? I don’t like to answer numbers I don’t know.

Do they leave voicemails? I don’t like to answer numbers I don’t know.

No, they don't. If you miss the call you miss out on the interview!

;) jk. Yes, they leave a voicemail. Most of us are busy students or practicing dentist, still busy. I don't have my phone on me majority of the time.

Anyone heard from any other schools?

Last edited:
No, they don't. If you miss the call you miss out on the interview!

;) jk. Yes, they leave a voicemail. Most of us are busy students or practicing dentist, still busy. I don't have my phone on me majority of the time.

Anyone heard from any other schools?

-Matthew
Hah! Thanks for the info. Silly me. Should’ve known!

University of Louisville (email 9/6) interview 10/22 with social night before

My numbers are pretty solid, so hopefully that gets my foot in the door. I volunteered for years at a children’s hospital before and during dental school, along with the typical dental outreach in school. I think my biggest weakness is the fact that as an dentist stateside in military I haven’t had much hands-on pediatric dentistry experience since graduating. However, I have racked up a lot of pediatric CE, if that’s worth anything.

Big Hoss
One of our Pedo residents had just come off active naval duty. She was on a carrier, and clearly did not see any kids there. She ended up being outstanding, winning the national research award for residents at AAPD. It's possible to make this happen. Hang in there.

Reactions: 1 users
Got an invite to interview at NYU Missouri. Anyone interested in splitting a hote/Air B&Bl, rental car, ect.

Did anyone apply to Nicklaus Children's Hospital and ever get an email regarding supplemental fee and how to send it? If you don't feel like posting please message me because I have some questions about when this was sent.

Thank you

Did anyone apply to Nicklaus Children's Hospital and ever get an email regarding supplemental fee and how to send it? If you don't feel like posting please message me because I have some questions about when this was sent.

Thank you

Ding2daDong I applied to Nicklaus and just mailed the money order and other supplemental materials directly to the program. If you look up on their website they have the address to send to.
Good luck!

Dental College of Georgia at Augusta (email 9/11) interview 10/9 with social the night before

Dental College of Georgia at Augusta (email 9/11) interview 10/9 with social the night before

From stayathomedogmom, just adding it to the list.

Last edited:
Is it important to do preceptorship to get into any advance standing program so?

NYU-Langone Brooklyn (phone call 9/13) interview 11/7 with social same night

Hennepin County Medical Center (e-mail 9/13) interview 11/8 or 11/12
NYU-Langone Yakima (email 8/27) interview 9/28 with social the night before[/QUOTE]

NYU-Langone Rhode Island (e-mail 9/14) interview 10/22 with social the night before

NYU- Langone Maryland (email 9/13) interview 10/30 with social night before
NYU-Langone Rhode Island (e-mail 9/14) interview 10/22 with social the night before

Nova Southeastern University (email 9/14) interview 10/5 with social night before

University of Minnesota (phone call 9/15) email for follow up info
Nova Southeastern University (email 9/14) interview 10/5 with social night before

Do they leave you a voicemail if you don't pickup the phone call? Im having my phone replaced so I'm not sure if I should email them for confirmation or anything

Do they leave you a voicemail if you don't pickup the phone call? Im having my phone replaced so I'm not sure if I should email them for confirmation or anything

Not sure if they would leave a voicemail, but the phone call is the program directors personal touch to the interview invite which will also come via email early this week. If you didn’t get the voicemail due to phone problems, you would certainly get the email, so I would wait on that first.

NYU-Langone San Diego (email 9/17) interview 10/18 with social same night

Last edited:
Does all interviews get sent at the same time, as in.. if you didn’t hear from a program on the same day as when one posted.. you didn’t get an invite?

I think, for the most part, the initial interview invites go out at these times. They ask you to confirm that you will be attending. I think only if you don't confirm will they then send out a few other invites to fill the spots. So you might have an opportunity to obtain an interview that they will send out on a different day only if some people don't confirm. So it's slim pickings but still a possibility.

Does all interviews get sent at the same time, as in.. if you didn’t hear from a program on the same day as when one posted.. you didn’t get an invite?

I agree with D2D. Also, we can't definitively answer your question as applicants (my heart sank when I saw a program invited some lucky people today) However, there going to be many more invitations from the rest of the programs since it is still early. Keep your hopes up and good luck everyone :)

A lot of programs have multiple interview dates, so you still have a chance .

Hey guys, is anyone who got an interview for NYU Langone Tucson AZ able to switch an interview date with me? My interview is date is October 16th at 9:55 am but i really need it to be on the 15th. Please personal message me if you can switch! Thanks and goodluck

Bon Secours St Mary’s Hospital of Richmond (email 9/18) interview (10/26 or 10/29 or 11/9) with social the night before

Does anyone that lives in the Northeast (NYC/Philly/NJ area) want to car-pool down to Bon Secours for the Oct 26 date?

Would anyone be able to switch their NYU-Langone San Diego interview on Oct. 17th (Wednesday) for my Oct. 19th (Friday) date? Please send me a private message. Thank you :)

Last edited:
Would anyone be able to switch their NYU-Langone San Diego interview on Oct. 17th (Wednesday) for my Oct. 19th (Friday) date? Please send me a private message. Thank you :)

They're interviewing on Wednesday? I thought all the NYU-Langone programs interviewed for only two days with a social the night between them. Can anyone confirm that they offer interviews for more than two days?

Thanks

Last edited:

I am able to switch if this is still available. Please give me a personal message so we can discuss.

Case Western Reserve University (Phone Call 9/14) (Email 9/17) interview (10/1) with social the night before
Bon Secours St Mary’s Hospital of Richmond (email 9/18) interview (10/26 or 10/29 or 11/9) with social the night before

Children's Mercy Hospital and Clinics in Kansas City Missouri (email 9/20) interview 10/29 with social 10/28
Case Western Reserve University (Phone Call 9/14) (Email 9/17) interview (10/1) with social the night before

Would anyone be willing to switch interview days at Bon Secours. I interview Oct. 29 and am hoping to switch with someone who is on Nov. 9. Thanks!