**Official 2019 Pedo PASS/Interviews/Match/Non-Match**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi,

Could you please let me know how many candidates were invited at the Langone sites for a 1 position?

Case Western Reserve University (Phone Call 9/14) (Email 9/17) interview (10/1) with social the night before
Bon Secours St Mary’s Hospital of Richmond (email 9/18) interview (10/26 or 10/29 or 11/9) with social the night before
University of Minnesota (phone call 9/15) email for follow up info
Nova Southeastern University (email 9/14) interview 10/5 with social night before
NYU- Langone Maryland (email 9/13) interview 10/30 with social night before
NYU-Langone Rhode Island (e-mail 9/14) interview 10/22 with social the night before
Hennepin County Medical Center (e-mail 9/13) interview 11/8 or 11/12
NYU-Langone Brooklyn (phone call 9/13) interview 11/7 with social same night
Dental College of Georgia at Augusta (email 9/11) interview 10/9 with social the night before
University of Louisville (email 9/6) interview 10/22 with social night before
NYU-Langone AZ Phoenix (email 9/4) interview 10/12 with social night before
NYU-Langone AZ Tucson (phone call 9/4) interview 10/15 with social same night
NYU-Langone Hawaii (email 8/29) interview 10/1 with social same night
NYU-Langone Massachusetts (email 8/28) interview 10/9 with social night before
NYU-Langone Missouri (email 8/27) interview 10/25 with social same night
NYU-Langone San Diego (email 9/17) interview 10/18 with social same night
NYU-Langone Yakima (email 8/27) interview 9/28 with social the night before

Members don't see this ad.

NYU-Langone Hawaii (email 8/29) interview 10/1 with social same night
NYU-Langone Massachusetts (email 8/28) interview 10/9 with social night before
NYU-Langone Missouri (email 8/27) interview 10/25 with social same night
NYU-Langone Yakima (email 8/27) interview 9/28 with social the night before
Hi,
Could you please let me know how long do they take to decide?

Name: PearlyDMD
Program Matched: NYU Langone
Dental School Attended: state school
Year Earned DMD/DDS: 2017
International Student (yes/no): no
NBDE Part I / NBME scores: Pass
Class Ranking/Size: Bottom 10%, 3.4 GPA (nope I'm not kidding)
Externship(s)/where: none
Research: poster presentation in dental school
Extracurriculars: lots of volunteer experience
Programs Applied to/Interview Invites/Interviews attended/Programs Ranked: 12/7/7/7

This was my third time applying so please do not lose sight of your goals and keep trying. One of the things I felt helped me this cycle was visiting the programs and showing them that I will be a great fit. A lot of the places I interviewed at twice, the second time around I was more comfortable and was able to show my personality more. I also took some pedo specific CE courses that set my application apart from the rest.
which nyu langone program?

Members don't see this ad :)
Name: DentalBear956
Program Matched: Boston Children's Hospital/Harvard
Dental School Attended: UT Houston
Year Earned DMD/DDS: 2019 (MPH 2018)
NBDE Part I / NBME scores/ADAT Score: 650
Class Ranking/Size: top 20
Externship(s)/where: 7, OSU, Cincinatti, BCH, Columbia, DC, Washington, Michigan
Research: 4 years, 2 years researching cleft lip and cleft palate, 2 years doing public health research
Extracurriculars: peds outreach, Albert Schweitzer Fellowship, National Leadership positions, public health outreach
Programs Applied to/Interview Invites/Interviews attended/Programs Ranked: 12/11/11

I had a really successful interview cycle, and was fortunate to be able to get into a great program. I put together a "manual" per say of some tips, a sample CV, sample personal statement, and some general Do's and Don'ts that I learned along the interview trail. If you're interested in this, I have no problem sending it to whoever, just DM me and i'll send it to your email!

Best of luck on this cycle, very trying process, but worth every second.

Reactions: 6 users
Name: DentalBear956
Program Matched: Boston Children's Hospital/Harvard
Dental School Attended: UT Houston
Year Earned DMD/DDS: 2019 (MPH 2018)
NBDE Part I / NBME scores/ADAT Score: 650
Class Ranking/Size: top 20
Externship(s)/where: 7, OSU, Cincinatti, BCH, Columbia, DC, Washington, Michigan
Research: 4 years, 2 years researching cleft lip and cleft palate, 2 years doing public health research
Extracurriculars: peds outreach, Albert Schweitzer Fellowship, National Leadership positions, public health outreach
Programs Applied to/Interview Invites/Interviews attended/Programs Ranked: 12/11/11

I had a really successful interview cycle, and was fortunate to be able to get into a great program. I put together a "manual" per say of some tips, a sample CV, sample personal statement, and some general Do's and Don'ts that I learned along the interview trail. If you're interested in this, I have no problem sending it to whoever, just DM me and i'll send it to your email!

Best of luck on this cycle, very trying process, but worth every second.

Thank you very much DentalBear956. Amazing profile with great hard work. Best wishes for next chapter of life in Boston

Reactions: 1 user
Name: Farmergina
Dental School Attended: CA
Year Earned DMD/DDS: 2009
NBDE Part I / NBME scores: low 80s
Class Ranking/Size: bottom 1/3
Externship(s)/where: 1 day at 4 NYU Langone sites
Research: spent 1 summer researching and presented findings at AADR
Extracurriculars: peds outreach, dental fraternity
Programs Applied to/Interview Invites/Interviews attended/Programs Ranked: 15/5/5

I’ve been out of school for ten years and become committed to working on little ones after my son was born. Been a community clinic dentist for 6 years. I combed through SDN and dentaltown for info during this process. I messaged many nice people who recently got in for advice. Site visits were invaluable to seeing how different programs could be. My main concern was balancing motherhood while being a great resident. If anyone especially mamas or future mamas (I interviewed while pregnant) have any questions, PM me and I’ll be happy to answer. Good luck and thank you SDN.
Hi, I have a question for you since I am in the same boat and out of school from last 7 yrs. Did you take ADAT? did you get 5 interviews without taking ADAT?

Dear 2019 Pedo Applicants,
Have you all taken ADAT? would you let me know if anyone got interviews without ADAT since I am applying this cycle and not planning to take ADAT.
Thanks a lot!!

I did not take the ADAT.

Dear 2019 Pedo Applicants,
Have you all taken ADAT? would you let me know if anyone got interviews without ADAT since I am applying this cycle and not planning to take ADAT.
Thanks a lot!!

I

Name: Chocolatedentist:)
Program Matched: UAB
Dental School Attended: Howard University
Year Earned DMD/DDS: 2012
International Student (yes/no):No
NBDE Part I / NBME scores: Part 1: 77 Part 2: Pass
Class Ranking/Size: bottom 1/2 lol G.P.A. was a 2.87
Externship(s)/where: UAB, (Tampa Lutheran-2x), Maryland Lutheran, Temple, Medical College of Georgia
Research: No
Extracurriculars: not in dental school
Programs Applied to/Interview Invites/Interviews attended/Programs Ranked: applied to Nova, UAB, and Howard. Only had invite to UAB for an interview :)

I want to give some one reading this some inspiration. I was in the Army for 4 years and had my whole plan set that I would get into pedo once I exited in 2017. Well didn't happen. I applied to pedo in 2016 to 31 schools and only had 3 interviews(Nova, UAB, and St. Louis) Didn't match was waitlisted at Nova. Applied in 2017 to 5 schools(Nova, UAB, Howard, St. Louis, and Tennessee Lutheran) Only 1 interview at Nova and I declined interview because I just didn't feel like going through the interview process at that moment(I know stupid right ) Fast forward this year 3rd time around and applied to 3 schools(UAB, Nova, and Howard) I only had 1 interview invite and matched. My board scores were super low and gpa was terrible. While I was in army for 4 year I shadowed a few pediatric dentist, and did various presentations at elementary schools about oral health every year in the army nothing major though. I truly think the game changer was getting a job in a pediatric dental office for the last 16 months and fully immersing myself in the profession. So if you didn't match keep applying and don't give up because I didn't.
Hey, wow this is great! whats your personal email? have a few questions

Dental School Attended: State School
Year Earned DMD/DDS: 2016
International Student (yes/no): No
NBDE Part I / NBME scores: Pass
Class Ranking/Size: Bottom 20%, 3.0 GPA (I'm not kidding.)
Externship(s)/where: 2 externships.
Research: Only did research in undergrad..
Extracurriculars: Lots of volunteer experience: mission trips, mobile vans.
Programs Applied to/Interview Invites/Interviews attended/Programs Ranked: 33/9/9/9.

This was my first time applying, and I'm very grateful to have matched. I did not think I would get accepted due to my poor stats. I worked for 2 years in corporate/private practices but I did not see many kids. I realized after 2 years that I didn't enjoy adult dentistry too much and that I had more fun seeing pediatric patients. I think it's helpful to write a truthful personal statement, ask for letters of recommendation early, take a nice 2x2 photo, pick out programs, make sure you know which one requires ADAT/additional fees, original copies of NBDEs/Boards/DAT, submit your application before July 1st, and interview honestly, just be the best version of yourself at interview. Make sure you show up early, best to wait than to arrive late. If you want to give yourself the best chance at matching, apply to many programs, rank them all, look at the big picture. For me, I can live anywhere for two years, the people in the program is important to me because I'll have to be in that environment for 2 years, and I'm glad I matched to one of my top choices.
If you dont mind me asking, what is your personal email? Also which programs gave you interviews? Pls feel free to respond on here or I can email you!