You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
**Official 2019 Pedo PASS/Interviews/Match/Non-Match**
Started by Big Time Hoosier
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Mango Lassi
Full Member
Congrats to everyone who has received a prematch position!!
If anyone has heard for prematch at any program, please post!!
From my understanding, there are no pre-match spots open for pedo this year. Someone correct me if I am wrong?
ToothFairy72006
Full Member
@Mango Lassi, false, NOVA gave out pre-match positions a month ago.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
TuthDoctor
New Member
I am new to the match so I was wondering if I rank all the programs I applied for or only the ones that I interviewed at? Please help if you know the answer to my question.
Just the ones you interviewed at and you can see yourself going to.I am new to the match so I was wondering if I rank all the programs I applied for or only the ones that I interviewed at? Please help if you know the answer to my question.
You can rank whatever program you want, even programs or specialties you didn’t apply to. Of course, this is all pointless if the same programs don’t rank you. And, programs won’t rank you if they didn’t interview you.I am new to the match so I was wondering if I rank all the programs I applied for or only the ones that I interviewed at? Please help if you know the answer to my question.
Big Hoss
Last edited:
I am new to the match so I was wondering if I rank all the programs I applied for or only the ones that I interviewed at? Please help if you know the answer to my question.
Find the programs you interviewed at and rank them based on where you see yourself / want to be at. Don’t rank a program if you for sure can’t see yourself there since it’ll most likely be hell for you, your co-residents and the program if you aren’t happy!
I was wondering if anyone knows whether the applicant’s preference trumps the school’s preference in the match process
ie
Applicant ranks program A #1 program B#2
But program A ranks applicant #2 and program B ranks applicant #1
Would the applicant match to program A because that’s the applicant’s most preferred choice or to program B because that’s the program’s most preferred choice?
ie
Applicant ranks program A #1 program B#2
But program A ranks applicant #2 and program B ranks applicant #1
Would the applicant match to program A because that’s the applicant’s most preferred choice or to program B because that’s the program’s most preferred choice?
I was wondering if anyone knows whether the applicant’s preference trumps the school’s preference in the match process
ie
Applicant ranks program A #1 program B#2
But program A ranks applicant #2 and program B ranks applicant #1
Would the applicant match to program A because that’s the applicant’s most preferred choice or to program B because that’s the program’s most preferred choice?
Big Hoss
Is it normal practice to receive emails from programs saying you are being placed on their rank list? I’ve gotten this email from a few programs, but if I have not gotten this email from other programs does that mean I am not being placed on their rank list?
I hope it doesn’t mean they are not ranking you because I have not gotten any such emailsIs it normal practice to receive emails from programs saying you are being placed on their rank list? I’ve gotten this email from a few programs, but if I have not gotten this email from other programs does that mean I am not being placed on their rank list?
Has anyone else received such an email? If so, from which programs?Is it normal practice to receive emails from programs saying you are being placed on their rank list? I’ve gotten this email from a few programs, but if I have not gotten this email from other programs does that mean I am not being placed on their rank list?
Last edited:
Has anyone else received such an email? If so, from which programs?
I have not received any such emails. I was told by one program that if they decided they would NOT rank you, they would inform you personally. I think it’s safe to assume if you interviewed, you’ll be ranked.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
toothpillow1
New Member
Is it normal practice to receive emails from programs saying you are being placed on their rank list? I’ve gotten this email from a few programs, but if I have not gotten this email from other programs does that mean I am not being placed on their rank list?
I too received a couple of emails! Dont know whether it s normal practice or not. May be previous applicants can comment about it. But not getting email from other places does not mean that you are not being ranked.
toothpillow1
New Member
Can someone please suggest how to communicate to a program that they are #1 choice.
“Programs and applicants may freely discuss any matter and may express a high level of interest in each other. A program may voluntarily inform an applicant as to whether or not it intends to rank the applicant, and an applicant may voluntarily inform a program as to whether or not the applicant intends to rank the program. However, neither programs nor applicants may solicit such information. In addition, applicants and programs may not disclose or solicit any information regarding the positioning of any applicant or program on a Rank Order List. The Rank Order Lists submitted by each program and applicant are the sole determinants of their respective order of preferences for the Match.”Can someone please suggest how to communicate to a program that they are #1 choice.
Dental Match | Rules of the Match
Remember agreeing to this when you registered for the Match?
Big Hoss
toothpillow1
New Member
Hey Big Hoss, Yes I did read that before. So only thing which we can do is to express interest in whatever program we are most interested. Hope match works in our favor.
Have any of you gotten an email from Ohio State saying they are going to put you on their rank list?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
anothajuan
New Member
Or Nicklaus?
Programs tell candidates all the time that they're highly favored. Theres always loopholes.“Programs and applicants may freely discuss any matter and may express a high level of interest in each other. A program may voluntarily inform an applicant as to whether or not it intends to rank the applicant, and an applicant may voluntarily inform a program as to whether or not the applicant intends to rank the program. However, neither programs nor applicants may solicit such information. In addition, applicants and programs may not disclose or solicit any information regarding the positioning of any applicant or program on a Rank Order List. The Rank Order Lists submitted by each program and applicant are the sole determinants of their respective order of preferences for the Match.”
Dental Match | Rules of the Match
Remember agreeing to this when you registered for the Match?
Big Hoss
My mentors have told me that if you are really interested in a program, and you're planning on ranking them first, you should just tell them. This happens all the time and programs will also often give you hints that they really like you (resident following up with you after the interview/direct email from the program director/flat out telling you etc, just depends).Can someone please suggest how to communicate to a program that they are #1 choice.
Programs want candidates who want them, and are ranking them high. This reflects a lot better on the program itself when they get a list of how they did in the match process (residency programs get judged/evaluated based on where they were ranked by applicants who ranked them). I don't think that by indicating to a program that you "really want to go there" you'll be putting yourself at a disadvantage. If a program gets all candidates who ranked them #1, it's an awesome reflection on the program.
At the end of the day, they're going to make their list based off of the applications and the interview. I doubt that a "Hey I'm ranking you guys #1" will make them drop you from their list.
Another interesting things I noticed going through this process is that I feel like some programs had made up their mind about me before I entered the room. A lot of programs use the interview as "one piece" of the puzzle and I feel like a lot of them had already made decisions even before I walked into the interview room. Wondering if anyone else had similar feelings.
ToothFairy72006
Full Member
would any practicing pediatric dentists consider ranking a residency program that does not offer conscious sedation training? is it worth it? a particular one only offers IV sedation and OR training, no conscious sedation.
would any practicing pediatric dentists consider ranking a residency program that does not offer conscious sedation training? is it worth it? a particular one only offers IV sedation and OR training, no conscious sedation.
Hi! I am a pediatric dentist with a little over 7 years experience.
In practice, most of us don’t practice iv sedation. We commonly use oral sedation and OR.( I am in India where Nitrous isnt so commonly available as in the US)
And I would rank the program even if they dont teach oral sedation, provided they have a good patient flow and helpful faculty.
Hi, I had the same question. However, I spoke to a friend who is a practicing pedodontist. She stated that in the east coast most pedodontist will have an anesthesiologist come in office to do IV sedations, most practitioners don't do oral sedation because it's unpredictable. In other parts of the country more pedodontist are doing oral sedation, but they are using a different mix of cocktails. Residency programs are a lot more conservative she feels like although she went to a program that provided that experience, she will need to take CE courses in order to provide oral sedation (in the real world). Hope that helpswould any practicing pediatric dentists consider ranking a residency program that does not offer conscious sedation training? is it worth it? a particular one only offers IV sedation and OR training, no conscious sedation.
guest4448839
New Member
Approximately what time do the results come out on match day?
8AM in an email. Check all your folders including spam, ask me how I know.Approximately what time do the results come out on match day?
Plain boat
New Member
Does anyone have a list of programs with post match spots from 2018?
Does anyone have a list of programs with post match spots from 2018?
SS from thread:
Attachments
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Churrobeans
Full Member
Sorry if this question was already asked, and I missed it...
But in the post-match process, if we are already registered with MATCH, then do the programs/schools that have available positions have our information/application to review already, or would we have to basically provide all the information all over again?
Thank you in advance!
But in the post-match process, if we are already registered with MATCH, then do the programs/schools that have available positions have our information/application to review already, or would we have to basically provide all the information all over again?
Thank you in advance!
Plain boat
New Member
Thank you very much.SS from thread:
I thought there were more schools like 🙁
This might be a dumb question, but if you don't match, do you get an e-mail stating that you didn't match? Or you just don't get an email?
Toothchick18
New Member
Yes you will still get an email from National Matching Services stating “we regret to inform you that you did not match into a position” The email will then explain what to do for post match positions.This might be a dumb question, but if you don't match, do you get an e-mail stating that you didn't match? Or you just don't get an email?
Yes you will still get an email from National Matching Services stating “we regret to inform you that you did not match into a position” The email will then explain what to do for post match positions.
what time do you find out?
I've been looking at post match positions from the past few years. I see NYU Lutheran Brooklyn site repeatedly had open positions. Does anyone know the deal with this program? Or why they seem to have openings every year?
Toothchick18
New Member
You will get an email at the same time everyone else does which is around 8am est regardless if you match or not.what time do you find out?
Hello,
Has anyone that interviewed at Geisinger Medically center heard from the school after their interview? Has the school contacted you to tell you that they will be ranking you?
Thank you and good luck to everyone!
Is it common that programs contact the applicants post interview and tell them this info?
Some programs do, I know some GPRs do, and perio programs also. But I dont know about pedo, so that's why I was askingIs it common that programs contact the applicants post interview and tell them this info?
Hello,
Has anyone that interviewed at Geisinger Medically center heard from the school after their interview? Has the school contacted you to tell you that they will be ranking you?
Thank you and good luck to everyone!
I interviewed there. I received a thank you email after the interview, but nothing since then saying that they would be ranking me.
1flossylady
New Member
Hello,
Has anyone that interviewed at Geisinger Medically center heard from the school after their interview? Has the school contacted you to tell you that they will be ranking you?
Thank you and good luck to everyone!
I interviewed at Geisinger and have not heard anything from them since interview day. I didn’t get a thank you email... so I don’t know what that means.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Who else is dying?
OMG.. it’s soon.
Plain boat
New Member
What time we can see the results? 8 am or 12pm?
toothpillow1
New Member
The NMS login says that the match result will be available on 28th Jan 12 pm ET.
Any input about 8 am? I am all set for 8 am.
The night is never ending!!
Any input about 8 am? I am all set for 8 am.
The night is never ending!!
The NMS login says that the match result will be available on 28th Jan 12 pm ET.
Any input about 8 am? I am all set for 8 am.
The night is never ending!!
You’ll get an email @5a PST / @8a EST. Good luck y’all!! Sleep tight.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 67
- Views
- 15K
- Replies
- 363
- Views
- 169K
- Replies
- 237
- Views
- 44K
- Replies
- 21
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 784
- Views
- 337K
Who else is dying?