**Official 2020 OMFS PASS/Interviews/Match/Non-Match**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The_Surgeon

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
The time has arrived.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Wow, last years first email wasn't until like August 29th at the earliest.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was under the impression that programs didn't review applications until after their deadlines. Do certain programs invite via a rolling admissions process?

Reactions: 2 users
I was under the impression that programs didn't review applications until after their deadlines. Do certain programs invite via a rolling admissions process?

Yeah, follow-up to this (I guess directed @PhansterZ) is whether or not LSU-Shreve is even going to review apps with updated CBSE scores after the 17th if they already have sent out invites.

Yeah, follow-up to this (I guess directed @PhansterZ) is whether or not LSU-Shreve is even going to review apps with updated CBSE scores after the 17th if they already have sent out invites.

We review apps as they come in. We are doing it on a rolling basis and will review apps after the CBSE scores are updated. Our interview dates this year are September 27-28, and October 4-5, so we can accommodate many competitive applicants.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if it's easier to get into hospital based programs versus academic programs? Taking the CBSE this August, my GPA from dental school was 3.53, and I'm currently in a GPR.

Does anyone know if it's easier to get into hospital based programs versus academic programs? Taking the CBSE this August, my GPA from dental school was 3.53, and I'm currently in a GPR.
tl;dr there's probably not much difference

Interesting question. It's tough to paint with such broad strokes. I don't think you could say one category is tougher than the other. You could probably say that with 4 vs 6, because you usually have to be accepted into the partner medical school (and they look very closely at CBSE since they have to make sure you can pass steps 1, 2, and 3), but probably not with hospital-based vs academic (and remember - some programs are mixed). And even the whole 4 vs 6 thing isn't as simple as one being harder than the other. Some 4-year programs are more competitive than some 6-year programs - it really depends on the program's reputation, the location, etc. The best possible advice anyone could give you is to smoke the CBSE and then you won't have to GAF about limiting your search to programs that are in your wheelhouse. Just drill down and drink in that FA and whatever other resources you're spending your time on.

Reactions: 1 users
tl;dr there's probably not much difference

Interesting question. It's tough to paint with such broad strokes. I don't think you could say one category is tougher than the other. You could probably say that with 4 vs 6, because you usually have to be accepted into the partner medical school (and they look very closely at CBSE since they have to make sure you can pass steps 1, 2, and 3), but probably not with hospital-based vs academic (and remember - some programs are mixed). And even the whole 4 vs 6 thing isn't as simple as one being harder than the other. Some 4-year programs are more competitive than some 6-year programs - it really depends on the program's reputation, the location, etc. The best possible advice anyone could give you is to smoke the CBSE and then you won't have to GAF about limiting your search to programs that are in your wheelhouse. Just drill down and drink in that FA and whatever other resources you're spending your time on.
Thank you so much, I appreciate your reply.

Can the institutional evaluation (IE) be added to ADEA PASS after the application is submitted? Couldn't find definitive information with regards to this anywhere. Thanks.
Yes. I have contacted the PASS and they have said programs can have access to the later submitted letters after the applications are submitted.

Can the institutional evaluation (IE) be added to ADEA PASS after the application is submitted? Couldn't find definitive information with regards to this anywhere. Thanks.

As long as it is requested before submitting, you should be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
Where are people uploading their CBSE on PASS? Half the programs say upload everything to PASS, but in past years you were able to upload an unlimited number of documents under the resume section.

Where are people uploading their CBSE on PASS? Half the programs say upload everything to PASS, but in past years you were able to upload an unlimited number of documents under the resume section.

I added it onto the end of my CV. Some programs may ask you to send your score directly to their program.

If you download the application that gets sent out, you can see that it really doesn't matter where you put it. Either as an undergrad or part of the CV etc, it just is another page on the application.

May be a dumb question, but how many programs have supplemental apps that need to be completed outside the PASS website?

Are you including your photo to your application or sending individually? If so, where are you putting it on PASS? I feel like there's not enough places to upload all the documents.

Was selected for a military OS program if anyone is on that track and has questions. Specific questions about military should be PM'ed to me. I'll drop my general details:

Program matched at: 4-year military
Year Earned DMD/DDS: 2020
NBDE Part I/NBME scores: Pass/79
Class Ranking/Size: non-ranked P/F school
GPA: no thanks
Externships/where: 4 weeks total, all at military facilities
Research: a few months in undergrad, but nothing in dental school
Extracurriculars: many leadership positions, moderate volunteer stuff
Programs Applied to/Interview Invites/Interviews attended/Programs Ranked/Ranked Position: irrelevant

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Shreveport 09/27-9/28 - Email (07/12/19)
University of Michigan 11/20 & 12/9- Email (8/21)

Last edited:
anyone know if emory lost their VA privileges? Heard a rumor.

For the experiences and achievements already listed in your CV, are you guys adding em again separately in the respective PASS sections?

Also, did any of y'all send NBDE/DAT results directly to the programs? Or is sending to PASS sufficient? The DAT requirement seems weird..

Last edited:
Has anyone talked to NBME about the score release of CBSE?

For the experiences and achievements already listed in your CV, are you guys adding em again separately in the respective PASS sections?

Also, did any of y'all send NBDE/DAT results directly to the programs? Or is sending to PASS sufficient? The DAT requirement seems weird..
Which programs require DAT results?

I know I am kind of late to the game, but would anyone be willing to look over my personal statement and give me some feedback?

Shreveport 09/27-9/28 - Email (07/12/19)
Shreveport 10/03-10/04 - Email (8/26)
University of Michigan 11/20 & 12/9- Email (8/21)

Is this thread not going to be very active this cycle? I know of at least one more interview invite that’s gone out so far (Michigan). I didn’t apply so don’t know the dates. Hoping to contribute eventually

Is this thread not going to be very active this cycle? I know of at least one more interview invite that’s gone out so far (Michigan). I didn’t apply so don’t know the dates. Hoping to contribute eventually

Michigan is already on the list. Im guessing most schools havent sent them out yet. Possibly because the delay in CBSE scores and because the change from 2 to 3 digit scoring.

Michigan is already on the list. Im guessing most schools havent sent them out yet. Possibly because the delay in CBSE scores and because the change from 2 to 3 digit scoring.
Oh I totally missed it! They must have sent another wave of invites though, my friend got one a couple days ago.

And yeah looking at last year’s thread most invites came out second week of September until end of October.

Should I be worried if I received a application complete email from Michigan on August 21st but nothing yet as of an interview invite email? Im surprised they are sending out invites so early when the deadline is mid october

Shreveport 09/27-9/28- Email (07/12/19)
Shreveport 10/17-10/18- (Email 09/05)
University of Michigan 11/20 & 12/9- Email (8/21, 9/5)

Last edited:
Are you guys booking your return flight the evening of the interview day or the next morning?

Should I be worried if I received a application complete email from Michigan on August 21st but nothing yet as of an interview invite email? Im surprised they are sending out invites so early when the deadline is mid october
Naw dude it will be fine

Just got my University of Michigan (9-5). They gave options for a 11-20 and 12-9 interview. Got Shreveport (7-25) for 9-27 through 9-28 or 10-3 through 10-4.

Case Western 9/27 & 11/1- Email (9/9)

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Got Case Western today (9/9) also with the 9/27 and 11/1 interview dates. Anyone know of any potential conflicts with the 11/1 interview or whether there is a social the day prior? I think MGH last year was around that date.

Mgh penn BU and tufts were the first week of Nov last year, they’ll likely be 2nd week this year.

UF-Jacksonville 10/4- Email (9/10)

UCLA-Harbor 10/8 - Email (9/6)

Parkland/UTSW will be interviewing on Thursday 12/5 and Friday 12/6. Invites haven't been sent yet but just giving you guys a heads up since most programs offer two dates and to avoid conflicts.

Reactions: 3 users
Baylor/ Texas A&M will be on 12/2 and 12/3. Typically we will have a dinner and social the evening before each interview date. Invites are not out yet.

Anyone know if there will be an alternative date for UF - Jacksonville aside from Oct 4?

Anyone know if there will be an alternative date for UF - Jacksonville aside from Oct 4?
They are still reviewing applications, so another round will most likely be coming

Loma Linda 10/7 - Email 9/12

Emory (4y) 10/13, 11/17 - Email 09/13

Emory (4y) 10/13, 11/17 - Email 09/13
If anyone is going to Emory for 13 and 14; and need to book a hotel together and rent a car as well let me know. I am trying to save money lol