**Official 2020 Prosthodontics PASS/Interviews/Match/Non-Match**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Iowa
Upenn
Nyu
West Virginia
Augusta
Cloumbia
Pittsburgh
Stony brook

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations to all those who matched, and good luck to those who didn't and are still looking to get in somewhere.

I matched to my #1. I didn't have spectacular stats or research experience in dental school, but I had relevant and interesting work experience and I interviewed well. I believe that depending on the program, whether or not you will be considered a competitive candidate hinges significantly on the intangibles more so than what you are like on paper. Project success and be somebody who others would want to have as a coworker. That's my only advice.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi All! I did not get matched for a dental residency program. I received an acceptance from one program in post-match. However, I am still waiting to hear from another program which I prefer more.

1. If I accept a post-match offer, am I obligated to join the program?
2. If I share the information about the offer with the school I’m waiting on, will it help in getting a positive decision or will it impact my current offer negatively?

Please advise. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Congratulations on getting acceptance.
1. You are obligated to join the program when you accept the offer.
2. I guess it won't hurt to let them know that you have offer from other program but I would not disclose the name of the program. Also, be mindful that there are many people looking for post match position so don't lose what you have.
Good luck!

Congratulations on getting acceptance.
1. You are obligated to join the program when you accept the offer.
2. I guess it won't hurt to let them know that you have offer from other program but I would not disclose the name of the program. Also, be mindful that there are many people looking for post match position so don't lose what you have.
Good luck!

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

I'm applying for prosth this cycle and I was wondering if you guys could share any tips for interviews (kinds of questions asked, what to prepare, etc). Any help would be appreciated!

I was wondering, what made you guys go for prosthodontics instead of for example other specialties like ortho or endo?
Is there enough job outlooks for prosthodontics?
Thank you

Sent from my SM-N975U using SDN mobile

I was wondering, what made you guys go for prosthodontics instead of for example other specialties like ortho or endo?
Is there enough job outlooks for prosthodontics?
Thank you

Sent from my SM-N975U using SDN mobile
Why did you choose dentistry instead of computer science or accounting? I don’t really care about job outlook, I plan on being self-employed.

Reactions: 1 user
Any applicants from this cycle has had any issues obtaining visas (as a Canadian or other international)? Any of these categories of individuals haven't had these issues so far?

If im not wrong student visas are exempt from the visa ban. To my knowledge consulates started scheduling appointments for visas

Last edited:
Anyone here currently at NYU?

Has anyone matched to Columbia University? I got invited to interview and would like to know more about the program! Even if you aren't at Columbia, if you know anything about their program please let me know! Much appreciated!