**Official 2021 Ortho PASS/Interviews/Match/Non-Match**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know if programs have extended interviews yet? I received one from OU on 6/18 but nothing else so far. Interview dates were either Oct 30th or Nov 6th.

Is OU Ohio State?

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone apply to west coast schools as an east coaster? Based on those programs' residents and their original locations, it seems like west coast programs accept very regionally

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone apply to west coast schools as an east coaster? Based on those programs' residents and their original locations, it seems like west coast programs accept very regionally
Kind of the same situation for west coasters going east lol I guess some schools like to keep it local

Anyone have a list of programs potentially doing online interviews instead of in person?

so far I've seen that UIC posted that their interviews will be virtual
Would be a bummer. Saw UW might do the same. Idk how they can expect applicants that “interview” there to rank them highly without knowing what they’re getting into for three years.

If I have more than 3 PEFs, do I get to choose which 3 get sent to schools that only require 3? or do all 5 of them get sent anyway to each school?

If I have more than 3 PEFs, do I get to choose which 3 get sent to schools that only require 3? or do all 5 of them get sent anyway to each school?
From my understanding each program will have access to all five.

Has anybody been receiving confirmation emails from schools that their application is complete?

Members don't see this ad :)
For people applying to UIC, do you know how they want us to pay the $70 application fee? Do we send a check with the supplemental materials? Thanks!

It seems some schools don't have information on whether they want the official GRE score reports sent to them or if the self-reporting on PASS is enough. Did you guys just send the official report to every school you applied to?

It seems some schools don't have information on whether they want the official GRE score reports sent to them or if the self-reporting on PASS is enough. Did you guys just send the official report to every school you applied to?

I know some ask the official GRE only if you are accepted into their school it seems.
I have personally only sent my GRE score to 4 since we could have up to 4 free gre score recipients.

I made the mistake of sending it to almost all of my programs and many just threw it in the trash and want the official results if you are accepted. Kind of a bummer but there is a sizable number that will want direct reporting. The hardest part about applying so far is all of the different programs requiring slightly different things and some programs requiring you fill out their grad school application. I'll be lucky if I followed all of the instructions and procedures correct for 95% of the schools

Reactions: 2 users
So far Oklahoma and Iowa have offered interviews.
Oklahoma interview with social day before it either October 30th or early Nov
Iowa just sent an email that interviews will be via zoom on August 27th from 5-9pm and then August 28th TBD
Anyone hear anything else?

Last edited:
I'll start the formatted list. Please copy/paste and add to the list when you get an interview invite. Write the date, school, how you were notified, the dates available for interviews and the type of interview:

1. 6/18 Oklahoma (email) 10/30 or 11/6
2. 8/3 Iowa (email) 8/27 or 8/28 (Zoom interview)

I'll start the formatted list. Please copy/paste and add to the list when you get an interview invite. Write the date, school, how you were notified, the dates available for interviews and the type of interview:

1. 6/18 Oklahoma (email) - 10/30 or 11/6
2. 8/3 Iowa (email) - 8/27 and 8/28 (Zoom interview) or 9/17 and 9/18 (Zoom interview)

UIC's supplemental is now available. It says you need to pay $70 online. Not sure how this works since the ortho page says to mail a $70 check.
Where are you finding this supplemental at for uic?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Where are you finding this supplemental at for uic?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
If you go under their main website where it lists all the stuff that's required, you click on "domestic applicants" -> "online application"

UIC's website is a little confusing. Are we sure we're supposed to submit that second application? What if we already mailed in the $70 check?

Has anybody heard anything from LSU?
I think only Oklahoma and Iowa have offered interviews at this point. According to the older threads more interviews will come late August and early September. Covid could be throwing everything off though

I think only Oklahoma and Iowa have offered interviews at this point. According to the older threads more interviews will come late August and early September. Covid could be throwing everything off though

Yeah that makes a lot of sense thank you! Congratulations on getting one of the interviews from the first few schools by the way!

Is it true that bronxcare health center giveS priority to those who did GPR first rather than a dental student?

I know many people have complained at how expensive GSO is (around 100k per year?) (along with Jacksonville which is also quite pricey)
I checked the price of tuition at USC, and a yearly tuition is above 100 k, was USC always this expensive?

I know many people have complained at how expensive GSO is (around 100k per year?) (along with Jacksonville which is also quite pricey)
I checked the price of tuition at USC, and a yearly tuition is above 100 k, was USC always this expensive?
If someone was an average dental graduate with 250k+ in debt, I personally wouldn't apply to a program where I might graduate with 600k+ in debt upon graduation. Orthodontics is a great field but there is increasing competition with DIY smile direct club and others as well as 6 month braces and more general practitioners doing more complex invisalign cases than they should. California schools have always been pretty pricey as far as I know.

If someone was an average dental graduate with 250k+ in debt, I personally wouldn't apply to a program where I might graduate with 600k+ in debt upon graduation. Orthodontics is a great field but there is increasing competition with DIY smile direct club and others as well as 6 month braces and more general practitioners doing more complex invisalign cases than they should. California schools have always been pretty pricey as far as I know.
I agree the future of ortho is looking very different than its recent history.

Hey everyone,, anyone here is applying to Temple? I’m having a trouble mailing the supplemental documents to them, I did mail them twice already but they’re not being delivered for some reason... Anyone have this issue?

Hi guys, any suggestion on the number of schools most people apply? Of course, more applying like 20+ or 30+ probably will bring more interviews. But it is a lot of application fees and we eventually can only choose one program. It is also stressful if I only apply a few, worry about there may be no interview.
I am going to give you a brief summary about me really quick and that may help you with how many programs you choose to apply to.
Dental School Attended: Midwest
Year Earned DMD/DDS: 2018
AEGD/GPR/Fellowship/Residency: No
International Student (yes/no): No
NBDE Part I/II scores: Pass/ Pass
ADAT Score: didn't take
GRE Score
: 162 Q, 155 V, 4.5 W
Class Rank: 5/50, GPA 3.86
Match/Non-Match: Match
Externship(s)/where: none
Research: no undergraduate research, dental school completed 1 year of research, nothing published, 1 presentation
Extracurriculars:. General stuff- a lot of club involvements (no leadership positions), lots of ortho stuff (club involvement), a couple of awards/honors, volunteeering, teaching, tutoring, service
Programs Applied to/Interview Invites/Interviews Attended/Programs Ranked: I have applied to 26 programs, exclusively Match. I have received interviews at OU and Iowa. I have been in private practice for the last two years. I don't feel necessarily confident about Matching, but i'm hopeful. I applied to programs ranging from 24-35 months and places I felt it would make financial sense long term to attend. I have heard applying to more than 15 really doesn't help that much, but it does help calm the nerves of possibly one more place considering you. Best of Luck and I hope this helps.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey everyone,, anyone here is applying to Temple? I’m having a trouble mailing the supplemental documents to them, I did mail them twice already but they’re not being delivered for some reason... Anyone have this issue?
I applied, but haven’t heard anything in regards to whether my application is considered complete.

Has anyone received an application complete email from Chicago or Texas A&M (Baylor)?

Is anybody applying to BronxCare? Did you send your NBDE1 scores to them in addition to sending the official scores to PASS?

How many days do most programs take to send the confirmation email that the application is complete?

How many days do most programs take to send the confirmation email that the application is complete?
it depends. I applied to programs in June but just got a confirmation email from a school in the northwest like a week and a half ago. many programs, Texas schools, Usc, tufts, etc. don't send out anything

it depends. I applied to programs in June but just got a confirmation email from a school in the northwest like a week and a half ago. many programs, Texas schools, Usc, tufts, etc. don't send out anything

I got an application complete email from Tufts.

for those who applied to UIC did you submit your 2x2 photo by email or did you mail it with your check? thanks!

Did anyone get a confirmation from Colorado? We had to mail the packet and it has been weeks and I do not know if they received it