*~*~* Official AACOMAS Questions Thread 2012-2013 *~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I sent my MCAT scores on Tuesday to AACOMAS. AACOMAS verified they received them on Wednesday but none of my schools have them yet.

Is there anything else I need to do to get these scores to my schools or do they send them automatically?

Members don't see this ad.

SDN community... I could use some help.

1. If AACOMAS messed up your sGPA calculation by 0.01 (they reported a 3.56, but you deserve a 3.57), would you choose to contact them and have it corrected? They would have to resend your primary application, probably an extended verification time, etc.

2. My original gen chem II lecture + lab was worth 5 credits. My new gen chem II lecture was 3, and the separate lab was worth 1. I didn't see this discrepancy in the 2343 times I went over my grades. I now am the proud owner of a 3.56 sGPA and a 3.15 cGPA when, in the spirit of do-overs, it should have been a 3.78 sGPA and a 3.18 cGPA.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Im not sure if this question was asked, but when it says "application is processing" is that an indication that the verification process is underway?

Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)

2. My original gen chem II lecture + lab was worth 5 credits. My new gen chem II lecture was 3, and the separate lab was worth 1. I didn't see this discrepancy in the 2343 times I went over my grades. I now am the proud owner of a 3.56 sGPA and a 3.15 cGPA when, in the spirit of do-overs, it should have been a 3.78 sGPA and a 3.18 cGPA.

Don't think this will count as retake. Repeat must be equal or higher in credits. Your repeat is lower.

I sent my MCAT scores on Tuesday to AACOMAS. AACOMAS verified they received them on Wednesday but none of my schools have them yet.

Is there anything else I need to do to get these scores to my schools or do they send them automatically?

Yes

Checked and couldn't find an answer anywhere, Where do I write in Mission trips? I was assuming in the EC section.

What about for Weekly hours?

Last edited:
just submitted my application. i still have access to my personal statement though. Can I edit it still for other schools or not? I can type stuff in it and click save and it saves the changes. I don't know if that is just a momentary thing or if the changes will not be submitted.

ps. i havent taken the mcat yet. do i still have a chance to make minor tweaks to the personal statement until aacomas receives my scores? i had to submit today due to the fee waiver deadline. mostly happy with it but am thinking of minor changes.

also i cant tell if the fee waiver got applied. this is what i see on my screen but i can still make changes to the application. i was under the impression that once the application went through no changes were allowed.

http://i.imgur.com/hPucQ.png

Last edited:
just submitted my application. i still have access to my personal statement though. Can I edit it still for other schools or not? I can type stuff in it and click save and it saves the changes. I don't know if that is just a momentary thing or if the changes will not be submitted.

ps. i havent taken the mcat yet. do i still have a chance to make minor tweaks to the personal statement until aacomas receives my scores? i had to submit today due to the fee waiver deadline. mostly happy with it but am thinking of minor changes.

also i cant tell if the fee waiver got applied. this is what i see on my screen but i can still make changes to the application. i was under the impression that once the application went through no changes were allowed.

http://i.imgur.com/hPucQ.png
From my understanding you can until you are verified.

Checked and couldn't find an answer anywhere, Where do I trip in Mission trips? I was assuming in the EC section.

What about for Weekly hours?
You do not have to include weekly hours if it doesn't apply. Since you medical mission trip is completed, I would count the hours you put in. ie. 8hrs/ day for 5 days a week for 1 month = 160 hrs. so put total hrs 160

When you add more schools, is it released on tuesday or thursday?

When you add more schools, is it released on tuesday or thursday?

My guess would be Tuesday. Tuesday is the day they send updates on stuff like coursework.

My guess would be Tuesday. Tuesday is the day they send updates on stuff like coursework.

Thanks man. I guess I updated a little too late past their working hours last Tuesday...

Thanks man. I guess I updated a little too late past their working hours last Tuesday...

I believe they send out updates first thing Tuesday morning so if your stuff isn't received on Monday or earlier, you're out of luck :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Was anyone expecting an update to go out today? Mine didn't.. or there's no indication that it did.

If I did an Honors Thesis in college, what section would that go under?

So... replacing a 3.3 credit class (converted from 5 hour quarter hours) with a 3 hour class is perfectly feasible right?

So... replacing a 3.3 credit class (converted from 5 hour quarter hours) with a 3 hour class is perfectly feasible right?

Double check with them. They were pretty strict with courses replacing with hours equal or greater. It messed up my whole summer plan because they wouldn't replace it...

In the AACOMAS application, the job description part...Is it the same as job duties? Also, regarding academic probation: Where should I put that?

Last edited:
Does any one know where I can find the school specific GPA's AACOMAS calculated? (for each University you attended). I remember seeing these before I submitted my application but after it was verified they seemed to have disappeared.

1. If AACOMAS messed up your sGPA calculation by 0.01 (they reported a 3.56, but you deserve a 3.57), would you choose to contact them and have it corrected? They would have to resend your primary application, probably an extended verification time, etc.

I wouldn't bother for 0.01 grade points. But for 0.2, yes.

Does any one know where I can find the school specific GPA's AACOMAS calculated? (for each University you attended). I remember seeing these before I submitted my application but after it was verified they seemed to have disappeared.

Just wait a few more days. When your app is released you can see a PDF with your GPA calculated.

I'm done with AACOMAS app but am concerned I have not seen any place to list that a. I have graduated and b. what my degree is in.

Is that info really not captured in the app? Do I not need to upload diploma or anything?

Thanks for the clarification in advance!

In the AACOMAS application, the job description part...Is it the same as job duties? Also, regarding academic probation: Where should I put that?
Job duties would be part of the job description. Academic probation goes under the "Additional Academic, Professional, and Personal Profile" where they ask "Were you ever the recipient of any action for unacceptable academic performance, or were you ever the recipient of any action for conduct violations by any college or school?"

Job duties would be part of the job description. Academic probation goes under the "Additional Academic, Professional, and Personal Profile" where they ask "Were you ever the recipient of any action for unacceptable academic performance, or were you ever the recipient of any action for conduct violations by any college or school?"
I was placed on probation for one semester because I did not get the minimum 2.0 GPA.

Last edited:
I'm done with AACOMAS app but am concerned I have not seen any place to list that a. I have graduated and b. what my degree is in.

Is that info really not captured in the app? Do I not need to upload diploma or anything?

Thanks for the clarification in advance!
That goes under "Colleges and Coursework"... I have to assume you've done the part where you fill in your grades if you're done.

I will submit my application in the next two weeks...Can I send my transcript now to AACOMAS without submiting my application yet?

My school says they mailed my transcripts on 7/16 to AACOMAS, but they still say they haven't received it. Should I be worried?

My school says they mailed my transcripts on 7/16 to AACOMAS, but they still say they haven't received it. Should I be worried?

I've heard they sometimes receive it but take a while to put it in the system. Call them and they should change the status if they have it.

Hey all,

At my undergraduate university, I received a "C" in a Philosophy course.

I decided to repeat the course in hopes of getting at least a "B," but ended up recieving a "D" instead, unfortunately.

Question:

Using grade replacement/forgiveness, will AACOMAS count the "C" (the higher grade) OR the "D" (the most recent grade) in the GPA calculation?

Thanks!

Hey all,

At my undergraduate university, I received a "C" in a Philosophy course.

I decided to repeat the course in hopes of getting at least a "B," but ended up recieving a "D" instead, unfortunately.

Question:

Using grade replacement/forgiveness, will AACOMAS count the "C" (the higher grade) OR the "D" (the most recent grade) in the GPA calculation?

Thanks!

90% sure AACOMAS uses your last attempt, not your highest. The good news is, Philosophy doesn't factor into your sGPA.

The bad news is, you went from a C to a D.

If you have your application submitted to AACOMAS with your choice of schools selected (meeting their cutoffs) but without an MCAT score will schools send you a secondary?

Can some please answer this question, I am dying to know lol

Can some please answer this question, I am dying to know lol

It's possible but most likely not. You won't be "complete" until the MCAT score is in and from what I've heard, schools usually don't look at incomplete apps.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using SDN Mobile

Does AACOMAS accept AP credit for their Behavioral Science requirements?

I want to send my transcripts before submitting my application to AACOMAS and when I tried to access the transcript request form, there was a screen that popped up asking me for a "student ID number" that AACOMAS did not provide me. How do I get that student ID?

I want to send my transcripts before submitting my application to AACOMAS and when I tried to access the transcript request form, there was a screen that popped up asking me for a "student ID number" that AACOMAS did not provide me. How do I get that student ID?

When I create a transcript request my AACOMAS ID # is automatically added and can be found in the top right of the request. Your # is also posted on the webpage when youre signed in. When you are under the "Home" tab -- there are other tabs such as application, transcripts... -- look to the right above the box titled "AACOMAS status" and you'll see"AACOMAS ID"

But I think the popup wants your student ID # for the school the request is being sent to.

Oh I hate having last minute questions. I got hired not long ago for a new job, but it won't start until the beginning of fall semester (end of August/beginning of September) can/should I list it on my application?

Oh I hate having last minute questions. I got hired not long ago for a new job, but it won't start until the beginning of fall semester (end of August/beginning of September) can/should I list it on my application?
If you begin the job before you submit your application you could probably list it. Otherwise it's not an experience unless you have experienced it.

If you begin the job before you submit your application you could probably list it. Otherwise it's not an experience unless you have experienced it.

Okay.

Next question. Can I add planned MCATs after I submit?

If I accidentally entered some of my coursework incorrectly and it does not exactly match my transcripts, is there any way to go back and fix this?

Hello everyone.

I just got done with a summer course and already asked my transcripts to be sent out to aacomas.

What I gather is that aacomas will get the transcript will updates the school I already applied to on my grade. Is that correct?

Thanks for the help!

I took American Sign language. Most all American universities count that as a foreign language now. Kind of strange though because there's nothing foreign about it. American Sign language is an American language.

ASL actually has French origins so in that sense it could be considered a foreign language. Also, even though we have no "official" language, anything that isn't English is considered a foreign language. ASL isn't based on English at all, so I think it easily fits the description of a foreign language. Just a little side note.
Also, to answer the question about inputting credit hours from semester classes, I just entered the number of credit hours for each class as listed on my transcript. So on my transcript for the first college biology class it says "BIOL 1610 3.0 credit hours A-" and that's exactly what I entered in the aacomas application.

If you do that you will be lying.

I don't see how that could be interpreted as lying.

I put shadowing under the EC section and have received multiple II's (interview invites) this cycle. I did not include contact info for EC's in my primary app. Some schools will ask for that info in the secondary, but most don't.

I have a question. How do you submit a AACOMAS fee waiver if you do not have an SAR? Also, AACOMAS application should only be submitted after hearing back from AACOMAS on the fee waiver, correct?

You'll need to send them your most recent tax return, signed, to the address listed in the aacomas application instructions, I forget which page but under the fee waiver section. And yes, if you want the fee waiver applied to your primary app you can't submit until they message you saying you've been approved. If you really only want the fee waiver for getting secondaries waived that may be another story and maybe you could submit now. You can always call and see if aacomas will process your fee waiver request after having already submitted the primary or not.