**Official Class of 2021 Thread** !

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
you're a savage for shotgunning fireball
I was being facetious... I'm not human scum that ish sounds gross. I was just surprised that he thought it was necessary to tell us that we can't drink on the job.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Been getting a regular dose of rejections all week. Frankly, I preferred the silence.

Penn State sent 9 rejection emails. I got it after the first email but I guess they needed to send 8 more to be sure.
same thing happened to me, i was like whooooa ok:asshat:

lol apparently Jefferson did the same thing. I only got one myself so does that mean I still have a chance?
LOL i got 5 from them...what a studpid glitch to have

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else break up with a SO due to impending Med school distance?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else break up with a SO due to impending Med school distance?
Tried the long distance thing during college. Now married. I'd say give it a shot if it's worth it, there's nothing to lose.

Reactions: 2 users
Just for info. Spent the last year long distance, about 6 hours away. We made it work, but should also say we were in the same time zone! Now he relocated with me.

We saw each other basically every 2-3 weeks, which isn't feasible for everyone. So keep in mind not just distance but how much physical interaction you need.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Awww, you guys are so sweet talking about keeping college relationships in med school. But we are gonna spend the next four years with the same group of people basically everyday, and most of them are intelligent and above-average looking. Who knows if you're gonna fall for one of them, not mentioning you and your girl/boyfriend are likely growing apart anyway. No offense, just personal opinion.

Reactions: 4 users
17884058_953563538080419_6474462764990574960_n.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Awww, you guys are so sweet talking about keeping college relationships in med school. But we are gonna spend the next four years with the same group of people basically everyday, and most of them are intelligent and above-average looking. Who knows if you're gonna fall for one of them, not mentioning you and your girl/boyfriend are likely growing apart anyway. No offense, just personal opinion.

why are we growing apart?

Unless I get pulled off a waitlist I'll be living in the same city as my SO so it shouldn't be too bad.

So my aunt just found out her 16 year old daughter has a boyfriend and she is giving her hell for it. One thing she keeps bringing up is how I didn't have a boyfriend at that age (her daughter and I are close) and I'm sitting here wondering how to burst her bubble because not only did I have a boyfriend at that age, it had been a year at that point.
Back in my day we didn't have boyfriends until we were married!

I've been starting a new relationship over the past few months... Great timing! :smack:

I've been starting a new relationship over the past few months... Great timing! :smack:
wow really?? no one wants to date the moment I tell them I'm leaving in a couple of months - it's been a problem for me since like October when I started interviewing.

...at least I tell myself that's why no one will date me hehehe:angelic:

Least your wife isn't pregnant and due in August. :smack:

Reactions: 10 users
Been in a relationship for the past couple years and already deciding on the best times to propose/marry during med school. If you are going to break up with a partner because of distance you most likely need to be prepared to wait until you're an attending to guarantee not having to deal with a LDR, or you need to find a stay at home wife who will follow you wherever you have to move throughout your career. If you've found a good one, stick with her and you'll make it work regardless of the distance.
I agree!

Still stuck between 2 schools... Do you have to take any action to commit or do you commit to one by virtue of withdrawing from others by April 30?

GUYS. I need Halp....

How are you guys planning on paying back loans / paying for med school?
I was awarded the Navy HPSP scholarship and a school that I have been accepted to just offered me 1/2 tuition scholarship, but I need to make a decision in like 9 days. I would still be $200,000 in debt (with 1 older child) after med school and I feel like I'm missing info on how everyone plans on paying back loans!! :bag:

any info is greatly appreciate. k thanks.

Still stuck between 2 schools... Do you have to take any action to commit or do you commit to one by virtue of withdrawing from others by April 30?
yes, just remain committed to the one you want to go to and withdraw from the other.

GUYS. I need Halp....

I was awarded the Navy HPSP scholarship and a school that I have been accepted to just offered me 1/2 tuition scholarship, but I need to make a decision in like 9 days. I would still be $200,000 in debt (with 1 older child) after med school and I feel like I'm missing info on how everyone plans on paying back loans!! :bag:

Living off of Ramen during residency. I honestly have no idea haha but all the doctors I've talked to have made it sound like it really isn't as terrible as it seems

GUYS. I need Halp....

You'll be making $200-700k after residency, you'll be just fine!

You'll be making $200-700k after residency, you'll be just fine!
Living off of Ramen during residency. I honestly have no idea haha but all the doctors I've talked to have made it sound like it really isn't as terrible as it seems

But living on a resident's salary with a dependent? (and nanny costs, etc) Does anyone take out loans for additional expenses during residency? Is that even necessary?

But living on a resident's salary with a dependent? (and nanny costs, etc) Does anyone take out loans for additional expenses during residency? Is that even necessary?
A resident's salary is still above the national household income, I believe. It might be tough but it's doable

Yeah that's definitely more difficult of a situation. I know that during residency your repaying as you earn, so they don't expect you to pay back as much as you would be once you're actually making the big bucks. I think most residents make about 60k per year but I'm not sure how much you're expected to repay.

Yeah that's definitely more difficult of a situation. I know that during residency your repaying as you earn, so they don't expect you to pay back as much as you would be once you're actually making the big bucks. I think most residents make about 60k per year but I'm not sure how much you're expected to repay.
I think you're expected to pay 10% of your salary during residency, so you'd be making around $54k

Reactions: 1 user
GUYS. I need Halp....

I plan on paying it back in USD.

I still have trouble committing to a serious relationship while you guys are talking about marriage and kids...life is a so complicated.

I still have trouble committing to a serious relationship while you guys are talking about marriage and kids...life is a so complicated.

I still can't decide what I'm gonna eat for dinner

unexpected goldblum

I'm curious how this works as well!

Do you guys know after April 30th if we get pulled off of a waitlist how long we have to decide? Is it like an immediate thing or do they give us a few days?