**Official Class of 2021 Thread** !

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Depends on the school and when you get pulled off. Sometimes you have about 2 weeks, other times you have 2 days.
well that's stressful haha

Members don't see this ad.

Breaking up sucked but I'm honestly so happy about it now (the trip to Nashville helped). Just not ready to settle down yet!

Reactions: 4 users
idk if I should use the restroom now or wait 5 minutes...

that's me every morning. Should I get up and pee or sleep painfully for another 30 minutes.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I've been starting a new relationship over the past few months... Great timing! :smack:
Same here!! It sucks... I think I'm going to let things keep going, at least until I have to move. I don't have the willpower to end something that feels right, even if that would be the smart and emotionally responsible thing to do :oops:

Once med school starts I won't have time to be sad.

Breaking up sucked but I'm honestly so happy about it now (the trip to Nashville helped). Just not ready to settle down yet!
breaking up is hard enough...(whoa whoa whoaaaaa)
say you had nothing but I called your bluff
you got my sweaters, my hat...
I can't find my cat! *meow*
the hardest part of breaking up
is getting back your stuuuuuuffffffff

...anyone else think of that song?:whistle:

Reactions: 1 user
that's me every morning. Should I get up and pee or sleep painfully for another 30 minutes.
I've gotten so lazy I literally wait until my kidneys start hurting till I get up to pee. It's like I'm playing a game of chicken with myself.

Reactions: 5 users
I've gotten so lazy I literally wait until my kidneys start hurting till I get up to pee. It's like I'm playing a game of chicken with myself.

Plz tell me you wanna be an urologist

Reactions: 1 users
So my aunt just found out her 16 year old daughter has a boyfriend and she is giving her hell for it. One thing she keeps bringing up is how I didn't have a boyfriend at that age (her daughter and I are close) and I'm sitting here wondering how to burst her bubble because not only did I have a boyfriend at that age, it had been a year at that point.
Just tell her, that's what I did to my grandmother when she was ranting about my younger siblings, telling them they should listen to her like I did. I was like "I had boyfriends that whole time, you just didn't know about them"

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using SDN mobile

This reminds me of my interview day when I drank 3 32oz bottles of water during my MMI because my mouth was getting super dry after having to continuously talk for 8 minutes straight. After the interview the director of admissions was talking about what we could expect after this and when we would hear back and all that good stuff. I literally thought my bladder was going to explode but I didn't want to be rude and get up in the middle of it. It was the most agonizing 10-15 minutes of my life.

national sibling day is an effort by the CIA to gather data on everyone.

Wake up sheeple

Anyone else break up with a SO due to impending Med school distance?
Won't be an issue for pre-clinical, but my clinical years will be 3 hours from my husband. He has flexibility with his job so we'll only be LD for probably half the week or so. Plus who knows for residency we're committing to making it work.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using SDN mobile

Awww, you guys are so sweet talking about keeping college relationships in med school. But we are gonna spend the next four years with the same group of people basically everyday, and most of them are intelligent and above-average looking. Who knows if you're gonna fall for one of them, not mentioning you and your girl/boyfriend are likely growing apart anyway. No offense, just personal opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Are most med students above average looking? Dammit I'm screwed my hair is already thin

Reactions: 6 users
wow really?? no one wants to date the moment I tell them I'm leaving in a couple of months - it's been a problem for me since like October when I started interviewing.

...at least I tell myself that's why no one will date me hehehe:angelic:

So don't tell them you are leaving ! Have your fun while you still can !!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Are most med students above average looking? Dammit I'm screwed my hair is already thin

Who ever said this, I thoroughly disagree. In fact, I would say almost any other professional students are better looking.

Actually, reminds me someone at my ugrad did their thesis study on perceived attractiveness across the undergrad, grad and professional schools. Med students were not top three. I believe the Law school won by quite a stretch.

Confidence bro. Shave your head and pull a Patrick Stewart. If you can grow facial hair, pull a Heisenberg.

Reactions: 3 users
Actually, reminds me someone at my ugrad did their thesis study on perceived attractiveness across the undergrad, grad and professional schools. Med students were not top three. I believe the Law school won by quite a stretch.

Can confirm. My undergrad had a law school, lots of hotties.

In my personal experiences, I'd say nursing has a lot of attractive people.

Who ever said this, I thoroughly disagree. In fact, I would say almost any other professional students are better looking.

Guess they need something to hang their hat on, what with their job market being declining and all.

But anyways this gives me hope. Maybe I won't be the fugliest one in my class, haha.

All right, I guess my perception comes from the medical TV shows lol. But at least we would probably pick up dental guys and nursing gals.

zTTK7qS.png

67305612.jpg

Who ever gave me that 4001th like, shame.

Last edited:
I realized something valuable about myself today. If I don't have anything dumb to say, I won't say anything at all. I pray for those who meet me next year.

Who went to their second look weekends? And who feels like time has slowed down even more than before? Who has lost all motivation to do anything productive? I'm asking for a friend...

Reactions: 7 users
Who went to their second look weekends? And who feels like time has slowed down even more than before? Who has lost all motivation to do anything productive? I'm asking for a friend...
1) I did and was surprised that most students brought a parent. I brought my dad I but I thought I'd be the odd one out
2) Nah, time is going faster than ever before
3) Lost that a long time ago

I just want mid-may to be here so I know where I'm going and can start looking for apartments. I have the greatest urge to decorate.

Reactions: 4 users
I just want mid-may to be here so I know where I'm going and can start looking for apartments. I have the greatest urge to decorate.
I can't wait to have my own place so I can decorate it the way I want :)

We were SO pampered at my second look and now I gotta sit inside in 70 degree weather and write my thesis....the disrespect

Reactions: 7 users
1) I did and was surprised that most students brought a parent. I brought my dad I but I thought I'd be the odd one out
2) Nah, time is going faster than ever before
3) Lost that a long time ago
I brought my parents hehehe

TFW you have lived in 2 apartments alone over the past 2 years, leased both of them pre-furnished, and have never added a single piece of anything personal to your apartment at all besides books and clothes
:(

Anyone care about what the gym looks like in a med school?

Reactions: 9 users
TFW you have lived in 2 apartments alone over the past 2 years, leased both of them pre-furnished, and have never added a single piece of anything personal to your apartment at all besides books and clothes
:(
It's not too late!

Anyone else moving from an expensive AF cost of living area to a way cheaper one for school? Got me feeling this way before I remember I'll be actually deeply in debt anyways

153ea730-016e-0133-4561-0a2ca390b447.gif

Reactions: 14 users
Anyone else moving from an expensive AF cost of living area to a way cheaper one for school? Got me feeling this way before I remember I'll be actually deeply in debt anyways

153ea730-016e-0133-4561-0a2ca390b447.gif
LOLLLLL yaaaas nene. i'm in your situation...rent is peanuts:soexcited:

IMG_0088.JPG
When u see your fellow interviewees on second look day.

Reactions: 15 users
This is probably a long shot but anybody have experience with a pc that gets stuck at the BIOS settings? I started up my pc this morning and for some reason it goes to the BIOS page but I can't get it to boot up the operating system. I'm so out of my depth here lol. Halp

This is probably a long shot but anybody have experience with a pc that gets stuck at the BIOS settings? I started up my pc this morning and for some reason it goes to the BIOS page but I can't get it to boot up the operating system. I'm so out of my depth here lol. Halp

Try tapping F5 or F8 to start in safe mode?

What is it trying to boot off of?

What is it trying to boot off of?
Try tapping F5 or F8 to start in safe mode?
It just automatically sends me to the motherboard settings/boot menu. I can't get past it. It's like a loop. If I exit out of it, it just sends be back to the same settings/menu.

I start the computer, the splash screen comes on with option for bios [del] and boot menu [f12]. I can't enter safe mode. Hitting f5 or f8, even before the splash screen, doesn't do anything and I still get sent to the msi bios settings page.

Windows 10 OS btw.

It just automatically sends me to the motherboard settings/boot menu. I can't get past it. It's like a loop. If I exit out of it, it just sends be back to the same settings/menu.

I start the computer, the splash screen comes on with option for bios [del] and boot menu [f12]. I can't enter safe mode. Hitting f5 or f8, even before the splash screen, doesn't do anything and I still get sent to the msi bios settings page.

Windows 10 OS btw.
Move it over to "Boot" what is the order of drives?