OFFICIAL "Haven't heard a word" thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
berkeleykid said:
Still haven't heard from NYMC...did anyone else get a request to send their transcript including their fall 2004 grades?

Yes. Me too. Thinking about calling them but not sure if I should.

Members don't see this ad.

LorinE said:

I didn't get one. :( That must be a good sign; they wanna know more about you guys! :luck:

LorinE said:

i called them..and the admissions operator said she can't say why they requested it. i'm pretty much losing hope at this point....anyone know if they're still giving out interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
don't worry -- they requested a transcript from me too, and I got an interview invite a few weeks after i sent one. i'm not sure when they end with interviews though.

i'm still waiting on tufts, emory (supposedly done this week :( :( :( ), columbia, and yale. losing hope rapidly. no, wait, it's already gone. damn.

berkeleykid said:
i called them..and the admissions operator said she can't say why they requested it. i'm pretty much losing hope at this point....anyone know if they're still giving out interviews?

i'll post mine, still waiting for:

NYMC
MSSM
Loyola
Tufts
Drexel
Temple
Columbia
DMS - rejection via snail mail today
Upstate - pre-interview Hold - rejection a week back
SUNY Buffalo - pre-interview Hold (ie very little hope)
Albany - pre-interview Hold (ie very little hope)
Oklahoma - interviewed, waiting for acceptance/waitlist/reject, will know by March 1st.

sigh... the agony...

berkeleykid said:

Hmmm someone else who got a transcript request already got an interview. I haven't. :idea: That probably means my rejection is in the mail.

bqj said:
Loyola
St. Louis
Ohio State
USC

I got a St. Louis interview invite today. Still no word from Loyola, Ohio State, and USC.

Anybody in same boat?

hunniejl said:
don't worry -- they requested a transcript from me too, and I got an interview invite a few weeks after i sent one. i'm not sure when they end with interviews though.

i'm still waiting on tufts, emory (supposedly done this week :( :( :( ), columbia, and yale. losing hope rapidly. no, wait, it's already gone. damn.

Hey - when you check your application status online - does it say anything different than it did before you got invited for an interview? Just curious. If it does then maybe I can just check my online status to figure out if I stand a chance

bqj said:
I got a St. Louis interview invite today. Still no word from Loyola, Ohio State, and USC.

Congrats on SLU invite, bqj! Could you please post when you were complete? Would you mind sharing your stats? If not, thanks in advance. Did you send a letter of interest or communicate with admissions in any way post secondary? I am still waiting :( and hopeful :) . Good luck at your interview!!! Oh, forgot to ask when are you scheduled? Many thanks....

Received rejection from SLU on Friday--son of a buck. I was not pleased to receive the bad news, but it was a relief to hear something. Thought I would be waiting and holding out hope until 4/15. Good luck to those still waiting.

Ok ok... I know I am being a pain in the ass... but any news from anyone who applied to Mt. Sinai? I know I keep asking this repeatedly in different threads... But this school is the last chance I have of staying close to home so I can't help but obsess over it. So far... I've called and they told me they are still sending out invites but someone else PMed me and told me they talked to the dean and he said - no more invites... Anyone with any info I appreciate it.

I'll add mine to the list

MSSM
Howard
Meharry
Yale
Johns Hopkins
U Penn (heard they are done interviewing)
USC

Members don't see this ad :)
Tufts
U Penn (assuming I am rejected)
GW
Vermont
Jefferson
SLU
Creighton

No word at all from
NYMC
Harvard
Stanford

I know we're all fretting but makes me feel a lot better knowing I'm not alone in this boat. Wish I had found this forum months earlier.

scrappysurfer said:
update:

no news for months from:

Colorado MD
Wisconsin MD
Vandy MD/PhD (supposedly done)
Duke MD

finally got my Michigan rejection
you must know by now with all the hubbub 'round here that duke's responses are being mailed this week.

kwc1979 said:
Tufts
U Penn (assuming I am rejected)
GW
Vermont
Jefferson
SLU
Creighton

U Penn has broken it's silence with me. They sent me an email saying:
"Thank you for your interest in the University of Pennsylvania School of
Medicine. The final admissions decisions will be made available to all
applicants via the admissions status page
(www.med.upenn.edu/apps/my/admissions) the week of March 21. A hard copy of the decisions will also
be mailed at that time."

Now since I haven't interviewed w/ them...hmmm...I wonder what my little page will say? HA! :cool:

I still have not heard from these schools: :(

Stanford
Tufts
USC
JHU

Any thoughts?

lis79 said:
I still have not heard from these schools: :(

Stanford
Tufts
USC
JHU

Any thoughts?
I just got a letter the other day from Tufts saying that my application is complete and still under consideration... :cool:

i can't remember if I was rejected by Loyola.

indo said:
i can't remember if I was rejected by Loyola.

Neither could I, so I just sent them a rejection (withdrew)

sweetpeamd09 said:
U Penn has broken it's silence with me. They sent me an email saying:
"Thank you for your interest in the University of Pennsylvania School of
Medicine. The final admissions decisions will be made available to all
applicants via the admissions status page
(www.med.upenn.edu/apps/my/admissions) the week of March 21. A hard copy of the decisions will also
be mailed at that time."

Now since I haven't interviewed w/ them...hmmm...I wonder what my little page will say? HA! :cool:

I'm in the exact same situation. What's the deal, why not just send a rejection. Do you think there is hope? I basically, have no idea what is going on.

Hum... my list is def. getting shorter...

- Tufts (complete 11/05 - not a word since then)
- NYMC (complete since 11/02 - not a word since then)
- UMD (complete since 12/02 - not a word since then)

I got the email from UPENN, too. My PI is in the admissions committee and he confirmed the obvious: if you haven't interviewed, you are rejected. :(

Looks like it will be over soon and, although it is kinda disappointing, I feel like it's a relief as well.

KiKat37 said:
Hum... my list is def. getting shorter...

- Tufts (complete 11/05 - not a word since then)
- NYMC (complete since 11/02 - not a word since then)
- UMD (complete since 12/02 - not a word since then)

I got the email from UPENN, too. My PI is in the admissions committee and he confirmed the obvious: if you haven't interviewed, you are rejected. :(

Looks like it will be over soon and, although it is kinda disappointing, I feel like it's a relief as well.

Thanks for the input, but what's a PI. (sorry-dumb question I'm sure)

anybody still left in the dark? I haven't heard anything from Loyola...

lyticstar said:
Thanks for the input, but what's a PI. (sorry-dumb question I'm sure)

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. PI = Principal Investigator. It's basically the "boss" in a research lab.

As far as other schools are concerned, Tufts finally decided to reject me! :laugh: So, I'm left with only two more schools... UMD and NYMC. :thumbup:

Still waiting on Tulane and Oklahoma State.

Still waiting to hear from Hopkins (although based on other threads, I think I know what to expect in my mailbox in the next couple of days), Drexel, Loyola, and Rush. Wright St. finally rejected me. The letter was dated three weeks ago! If nothing else, that just serves to further prove how nerve-wrackingly slow this whole process is.

Yes, i understand it is safe to assume no interview means rejection, but i would still like a rejection letter. i mean C'MON i put in the time and the $$ to apply to your school so the least you can do is let me know you do not like me instead of ignoring me and hoping i will get the hint. is that too much to ask?? IS IT?! geez.... :(
these schools do not like me:
Drexel
Temple
Mt. Sinai
GW
SUNY Downstate
U of MD
Jefferson
UMDNJ

:mad: ::hmfph::

Still waiting to hear back from Temple and NYMC, since my apps have been complete since Nov! I figure they're done sending out interview invites??

Just got a rejection from Jefferson yesterday... jerks.

Anyway,

Loyola
Drexel
NYMC
Penn State
Temple

Thank you very much

I haven't heard from:

SUNY - Stony Brook
Albert Einstein

So far, I have 2 acceptances, a couple of rejections, and a couple of holds with 2 more interviews coming up. I wish I could hear something from Stony Brook or Einstein.

I haven't heard from:

SUNY - Stony Brook
Albert Einstein

So far, I have 2 acceptances, a couple of rejections, and a couple of holds with 2 more interviews coming up. I wish I could hear something from Stony Brook or Einstein.

I haven't heard from:

SUNY - Stony Brook
Albert Einstein

Timmythemic22 said:
Just got a rejection from Jefferson yesterday... jerks.

Anyway,

Loyola
Drexel
NYMC
Penn State
Temple

Thank you very much

Got my Jefferson one today....don't really care at this point. I'm just glad I don't have to wait anymore!

Haven't heard from UCONN yet
heard from all 5 other schools applied to

Haven't heard from Mercer University