Official Holiday WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
you lynched the right guy for the wrong reasons....

So yes you were wrong.

Eh....

You're overacting, and I'm going to call your bluff and get the game over with, for better or worse. Sticking with my lynch SOV vote.

JDH, with regard to the convert converting someone .. I have modded with Dyachei, and I'm confident she'd happily let a convert convert another wolf.

Not all of us were wrong. I never asserted that you had to be an original wolf.

Rudolph (pt 2) rams directly into SOV's stomach with his short set of antlers. A disemboweled SOV slumps to the floor.

Dyachei, I'm starting to wonder if you're ok. Awesome death.

Ok LIS, protect yourself tonight.

I don't really have a choice. I think Dyachei gave me this ability purely to make sure I was around for the end-game torture. It's kinda nice - protection from the wolves AND a one-time ability to duck a lynch via the veto. :)

Since there's no reason to hide it now, I am Cindy Lou Who, who is too gosh darn cute to be killed by wolves. I had no idea what role ability I had: I was told that my ability would be revealed if it came into play, which happened the night I was attacked. You can all die laughing now, and Dyachei, I will assign you a similarly ridiculous role at some point down the road in revenge.

We'll have to see who is alive come the morning.

I imagine you won't be. So that leaves this group (minus whoever the wolf kills):

Me
FH
Devyn
Nohika

There's only three possibilities:

1. It'll be two villagers and one wolf - the classic end-game showdown vote. Yay.
2. It'll be three villagers and one wolf if a villager has the hat and uses it, or the wolf attack fails.
3. It'll be two villagers and two wolves if the wolf has the hat. Game still doesn't end because in theory we could lynch the 'living' wolf and the other one would die at night, so that could still allow a villager win even though it'd be temporarily 2-2.

I suppose there's not much point in elaborating the possibilities. I'm just sitting here waiting for epidemiology to start and thinking out loud.

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry guys, meant to wake up in time to catch up and make a lynch vote, but my bed was really warm and cozy this morning.... Great job getting a wolf.

So, this makes it feel like the Devyn/SOV thing is most probably what's going on. Although, Nohika is suspicious to me as well. Just thinking out loud.

Sorry guys, meant to wake up in time to catch up and make a lynch vote, but my bed was really warm and cozy this morning.... Great job getting a wolf.

So, this makes it feel like the Devyn/SOV thing is most probably what's going on. Although, Nohika is suspicious to me as well. Just thinking out loud.

We didn't get a wolf.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh. I don't get to live any longer? That's not good.

I will say that prior to this last lynch you said it was either nohika/FH or SOV/devyn.

That's probably where the money is. If SOV was legit then devyn probably is too.

And this was why I wanted a devyn lynch prior, I would have known you were good, SOV was good, and DVMD. Sometimes you sacrifice a rook to get the checkmate.

I would presume you'll go back to the grave like everyone else rez'd with the hat and lived only a day. (Which was a clever item, Dyachei.)

I still tend to believe Devyn is the remaining wolf. It certainly is possible we have Nohika or FH as an original wolf and SOV as a lackey, but ... I think more things point toward Devyn than either of the other two.

But, waiting to see what happens at night to decide.

We didn't get a wolf.

I think we did. SOV was a converted wolf. At least, that's how I'm interpreting "SOV - Villager turned naughty" from Dyachei's updated list. She didn't list him in red, but I think that was oversight.

And, SOV said we lynched the "right guy for the wrong reasons", which I take as meaning he was a wolf but didn't like how you arrived at your lynch vote.

Well it royally pisses the ****e out of me that SOV has been playing me this entire damn time :mad: He was not as crazy as he usually is when he is a wolf... so I really did not believe he was one..... ugh

Fair play to you LIS & jdh for lynching the right person.... we are on our way to a villager win! :D I can tell you if you had lynched me though, we would be headed the other direction towards a wolf win..... I think either way the villagers could very well have this in the bag now. :thumbup:

Now it is just a waiting game....

and I am sorry LIS, but that fact that you are Cindy Lou Who cracks me up :lol:

I would still REALLY REALLY like to come back, maybe Santa had a change of heart?

Obviously Santa has a sense of humor. Cindy Loo Hoo, too funny! :lol:

LIS you can have my avatar! :)

What I am going to do at work today if I can't argue with JDH and LIS
over WW?

Well...that was unexpected...

Regardless, my results still stand. Devyn is the last wolf.

I doubt I'll be the dead one tonight - why kill me when they can try and throw suspicion on me?

I'll be around, but not 100% - still studying for my remaining final and have to take my sister to hers.

I think we did. SOV was a converted wolf. At least, that's how I'm interpreting "SOV - Villager turned naughty" from Dyachei's updated list. She didn't list him in red, but I think that was oversight.

And, SOV said we lynched the "right guy for the wrong reasons", which I take as meaning he was a wolf but didn't like how you arrived at your lynch vote.

So I wasn't wrong?

Well, he sure did defend devyn to the last.

I don't know what to tell you other than, IF we think SOV was a wolf, then devyn needs to go, if we think he wasn't a wolf, then one of the others.

So I wasn't wrong?

I don't know what to tell you other than, IF we think SOV was a wolf, then devyn needs to go, if we think he wasn't a wolf, then one of the others.

:lol:

I think it is funny that you can't determine if SOV really was or was not a wolf.

Members don't see this ad :)

I think it is funny that you can't determine if SOV really was or was not a wolf.
What's funny is the games where I couldn't tell myself if I was a wolf or not...

- especially Dr. Who - Guess it is karma for the WWildlife game I inflicted on y'all...

It does seem ambiguous to me - though the villager turned "naughty" part was apparently added after I saw the initial night post. LIS and FH seem to think it was wolf.

Ambiguity on roles is something I also employ in my games. People are confused all the time by this.

Don't know why you'd find that funny. It's a common game phenomenon.

Ambiguity on roles is something I also employ in my games. People are confused all the time by this.

You are focusing on the mechanic (which is common here as well)... as opposed to the person it is occurring to (me)....

People never know when to believe me, so amongst all the players it is ironic/funny that it is SOV who people don't know the role of.

It does seem ambiguous to me - though the villager turned "naughty" part was apparently added after I saw the initial night post. LIS and FH seem to think it was wolf.

:lol: :lol:

:rofl:

What's funny is the games where I couldn't tell myself if I was a wolf or not...

- especially Dr. Who - Guess it is karma for the WWildlife game I inflicted on y'all...

I had the coolest role in that game...

Until Doc had to kill me... :rolleyes:

So I wasn't wrong?

Well all I can tell you is I definitely am not a wolf.... can't tell whether SOV was one or not by the write-up, but I know I am not for sure.... and I am not sure why if he was one that would automatically make me a wolf.... makes no damn sense....

Smart move for him.... defending the seer to his last breath..... making sure I never reinvestigated him.....and ensuring that whoever his wolf partner is is safe from suspicion....

yeah it is definitely ambiguous and could go either way..... now I am not sure... did we get a wolf or not? :confused:

and yes your last game I was just laughing while modding - as no one knew who was evil....

Well all I can tell you is I definitely am not a wolf.... can't tell whether SOV was one or not by the write-up, but I know I am not for sure.... and I am not sure why if he was one that would automatically make me a wolf.... makes no damn sense....

Apparently I'm the only person not wondering about SOV. He was a converted wolf. Period. In the words of JDH, I'll eat my metaphysical hat if he wasn't. So stop the whole "was he a wolf" nonsense, because the answer is "yes".

(SOV, congrats on having the post-mortem equivalent of the Boba Fett role - and with me in exactly the same position.)

Devyn, I guess if you're a villager, you have a few things to explain. First, when did you clear SOV, again? Second, where have the last 2 results of your investigations been? We should have had at least 2 results that you haven't shared - and there's no reason not to share them now since you were outed by JDH. And, if I were a wolf you would have been killed off long ago; within a night or two of when you outed that original wolf. I would have said "We have to kill Devyn because she's either a seer or the seer is using her to reveal things, and we need to isolate the seer so it can't do that." Either way, you would have gone until we found the seer. Alternatively, we would have considered converting you. Last, we have (alleged) Santa's List evidence recently saying you are a converted wolf.

So. The case against FH or Nohika? They haven't been very active.

I dunno. The vote seems pretty clear to me. I'm sure you'll let me know what I'm missing, though.

You are focusing on the mechanic (which is common here as well)... as opposed to the person it is occurring to (me)....

People never know when to believe me, so amongst all the players it is ironic/funny that it is SOV who people don't know the role of.

:lol: :lol:

:rofl:

Ok

Inside joke.

You got me.

ha ha

Smart move for him.... defending the seer to his last breath..... making sure I never reinvestigated him.....and ensuring that whoever his wolf partner is is safe from suspicion....

yeah it is definitely ambiguous and could go either way..... now I am not sure... did we get a wolf or not? :confused:

and yes your last game I was just laughing while modding - as no one knew who was evil....

Apparently I'm the only person not wondering about SOV. He was a converted wolf. Period. In the words of JDH, I'll eat my metaphysical hat if he wasn't. So stop the whole "was he a wolf" nonsense, because the answer is "yes".

(SOV, congrats on having the post-mortem equivalent of the Boba Fett role - and with me in exactly the same position.)

Devyn, I guess if you're a villager, you have a few things to explain. First, when did you clear SOV, again? Second, where have the last 2 results of your investigations been? We should have had at least 2 results that you haven't shared - and there's no reason not to share them now since you were outed by JDH. And, if I were a wolf you would have been killed off long ago; within a night or two of when you outed that original wolf. I would have said "We have to kill Devyn because she's either a seer or the seer is using her to reveal things, and we need to isolate the seer so it can't do that." Either way, you would have gone until we found the seer. Alternatively, we would have considered converting you. Last, we have (alleged) Santa's List evidence recently saying you are a converted wolf.

I dunno. The vote seems pretty clear to me. I'm sure you'll let me know what I'm missing, though.

I agree with LIS more or less. If we are going with SOV being a bad guy, then I think you are too devyn.

I agree with LIS more or less. If we are going with SOV being a bad guy, then I think you are too devyn.

I really think SOV was a wolf, I don't see much ambiguity (other than his name not being in red).

My feelings are Nohika or Devyn as the wolf

It seems the villain has come to their final ploys. They summon the Grither, who smashes the heads of Foxhunter and JDH together.

Foxhunter, a villager is dead and JDH returns to the grave

images

Whoville:
1. lissarae -villager
2. swingnsave - oogie boogie
3. wldlfstdnt - villager
4. The LIS
5. Foxhunter - villager

North Pole:
1. zany - villager
2. DVMD - villager
3. orcagirl - ghost of Christmas Past
4.tropictuco - Ebenezer Scrooge
5. Krist - villager

Island of Misfit Toys:
1. kakuru - villager
2. wolfspeaker - villager
3. equineconstant - villager
4. T4C - villager
5. EngrSC - villager

Polar Express:
1. jdh - Rudolph pt 2
2. FFM - Rudolph
3. FTB - professor hinkle
4. devyn
5. SOV - Villager turned naughty

London - Muppet Version:
1. Philliab - villager
2. nohika - Frosty
3. kaydubs - villager
4. SnS - villager
5.hedgie - The Grinch
6.Packen - villager

I think we did. SOV was a converted wolf. At least, that's how I'm interpreting "SOV - Villager turned naughty" from Dyachei's updated list. She didn't list him in red, but I think that was oversight..
:nod:

It seems the villain has come to their final ploys. They summon the Grither, who smashes the heads of Foxhunter and JDH together.

Foxhunter, a villager is dead and JDH returns to the grave

images

\

I am TERRIFIED of the Grither. Holy hell :scared:

:nod:

I am TERRIFIED of the Grither. Holy hell :scared:

I watched that tales of the darkside when I was like 5 or 6. Scared the crap out of me. And then nobody knew what I was talking about, at all. My parents forgot about it and only 1 brother remembered. We finally figured out where it came from. Definitely not as scary more than 2 decades later.

win villagers winnnnn

seconded!!!! Come on guys, sooooooo close!!!!

Seems like someone was lying big time...... :mad: and then killed FH to seal the deal....

I investigated Nohika last night..... she came back as Frosty turned NAUGHTY! and I used both my investigation and Santa's List, so two methods turned up the same results.

You lying sack of wolf ****e!

lynch nohika

and LIS - I had a whole response typed up for you then accidentally closed the window ugh... I will have to go back and re-answer it....

Had a whole response typed out and closed the fecking window ugh :(

I investigated SOV night 2. I can investigate every other night. So my other investigation was the night after jdh was lynched and avoided investigation. By the time I got onto SDN to share the results he had already been relynched. :( Since you all knew the results by the lynch there was no reason to share.

Since neither you, DVM, or Packen knew I was the seer - I can only assume the wolves did not either and that is why I stayed alive so long. Now I am just alive because they have thrown enough suspicion on me and are hoping I will get lynched so they can win.

I watched that tales of the darkside when I was like 5 or 6. Scared the crap out of me. And then nobody knew what I was talking about, at all. My parents forgot about it and only 1 brother remembered. We finally figured out where it came from. Definitely not as scary more than 2 decades later.

My grandparents left me at their house with an inattentive babysitter when I was, oh, 8-ish, and I watched Salem's Lot with my younger sister. Totally cheesy movie by current standards, but I was petrified when I had to later go down to the dark, dank, basement bedroom all by myself to sleep. I made a cross with two popsicle sticks that I held clutched in my little 8-year-old hands over my chest the whole night.

Holy crap, FH really was a villager all this time:laugh:

my bad...
i assumed the wolves would keep me alive to throw suspicion on.
alas....
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
VILLAGERS!

Had a whole response typed out and closed the fecking window ugh :(

I investigated SOV night 2. I can investigate every other night. So my other investigation was the night after jdh was lynched and avoided investigation. By the time I got onto SDN to share the results he had already been relynched. :( Since you all knew the results by the lynch there was no reason to share.

I don't buy it, Devyn. SOV was a villager turned naughty. He didn't have a wolf ROLE. There is absolutely no reason to think he could avoid investigation.

devyn said:
Since neither you, DVM, or Packen knew I was the seer - I can only assume the wolves did not either and that is why I stayed alive so long.

No, but they knew you were in communication with one, at the very least, since you outed the first wolf (IIRC... maybe it was the second?). If I were a wolf, that would have been enough for me to start looking at you and people around you. But they didn't. Which suggests they went the other route and converted you. Conclusive? Absolutely not. But it's consistent with you being a conversion.

Is it possible that FTB and later SOV were merely playing you because they knew you were the seer and could keep tabs on who you investigated, and that Nohika is the other wolf? Sure, it's possible.

devyn said:
Now I am just alive because they have thrown enough suspicion on me and are hoping I will get lynched so they can win.

If you're a villager, that certainly makes sense. But on the whole, I think the evidence against you is greater than the evidence against Nohika. Sorry. Frankly, I was more suspicious of FH than Nohika ... FH came back out of the blue late in the game, sent me a PM asking how the heart works (For the record, FH, my response wasn't blowing you off - that was total honesty.), and then started missing lynch votes ... it seemed really odd; like a late-game wolf trying not to get lynched for being too absent.

If Nohika is the final wolf, then kudos for some stellar play by ALL the wolves for having some out in front making noise and one or two tucked in the back pocket quietly surfing the game, and creating as much confusion, havoc, and villager-on-villager violence as they have. But I don't <think> that's what is going on. If so - my apologies to all the other villagers for letting you down.

lynch Devyn

my bad...
i assumed the wolves would keep me alive to throw suspicion on.
alas....
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
VILLAGERS!

Obviously you can't respond and strategize, but here are my thoughts:

It's not lost on me that choosing you <could> be interpreted as pointing the finger at Nohika. You and Nohika are the two plain-jane unknowns here at the end. So if Nohika is a wolf, she has to pick between me, you, and Devyn. She can't kill me, courtesy of my adorable cuteness. She can't kill Devyn, because that would reveal that Nohika's "Santa's List" revelation about Devyn was fake when Devyn turns out to be good. That leaves you.

But if Devyn is the wolf, she's faced with the same problem. Can't kill me, has to pick between you or Nohika. Killing Nohika would give credibility to Nohika's "Santa's List" revelation by proving Nohika is a villager, thus making the vote for you and me really easy. So she has to kill you.

Bottom line, they both had to kill you, mostly because of the validity/falsehood regarding Santa's List. Sorry.

I don't buy it, Devyn. SOV was a villager turned naughty. He didn't have a wolf ROLE. There is absolutely no reason to think he could avoid investigation.

I never said he could avoid investigation..... :confused::confused::confused:

what are you talking about????? I said I investigated him night 2.

No, but they knew you were in communication with one, at the very least, since you outed the first wolf (IIRC... maybe it was the second?). If I were a wolf, that would have been enough for me to start looking at you and people around you. But they didn't. Which suggests they went the other route and converted you. Conclusive? Absolutely not. But it's consistent with you being a conversion.

Is it possible that FTB and later SOV were merely playing you because they knew you were the seer and could keep tabs on who you investigated, and that Nohika is the other wolf? Sure, it's possible.

Yeah well that is exactly what happened.... I know you are never going to believe it, but that is the case.... you played me quite well in another game as a wolf when I was the seer and kept me around for quite a long time if you can remember.... so just cause I am the seer does not mean an automatic death sentence if the wolves feel they can use me to their advantage..... which they obviously did...

If you're a villager, that certainly makes sense. But on the whole, I think the evidence against you is greater than the evidence against Nohika. Sorry. Frankly, I was more suspicious of FH than Nohika ... FH came back out of the blue late in the game, sent me a PM asking how the heart works (For the record, FH, my response wasn't blowing you off - that was total honesty.), and then started missing lynch votes ... it seemed really odd; like a late-game wolf trying not to get lynched for being too absent.

If Nohika is the final wolf, then kudos for some stellar play by ALL the wolves for having some out in front making noise and one or two tucked in the back pocket quietly surfing the game, and creating as much confusion, havoc, and villager-on-villager violence as they have. But I don't <think> that's what is going on. If so - my apologies to all the other villagers for letting you down.

Well you are making a HUGE mistake! and I am sorry that my 2 investigations from last night are not enough for you.... in the end it is a she said/she said and who you decide to believe... but you are believing the wrong person....

Not sure why it is so hard to comprehend someone other than me working with SOV as a wolf and why I have to be his partner in crime... it really makes no sense to me.... what cause we were in the same group together? cause he defended me? sorry no smart wolf defends another wolf - they let them rot.... as otherwise you risk them having a big fat target on their backs when you die.... and yes now I have a target on my back - but I am NOT a wolf.

I never said he could avoid investigation..... :confused::confused::confused:

what are you talking about????? I said I investigated him night 2.

Oh? Then what does this mean? It sure sounds like you're claiming to have investigated him again and that it was avoided.

I investigated SOV night 2. I can investigate every other night. So my other investigation was the night after jdh was lynched and avoided investigation.

you played me quite well in another game as a wolf when I was the seer and kept me around for quite a long time if you can remember....

(Not really relevant to this end-game, but no, I don't remember that. Which game was it? I'd certainly do it again if I had the chance. :))

Oh? Then what does this mean? It sure sounds like you're claiming to have investigated him again and that it was avoided.

My other investigation JDH (other than Nohika who I investigated last night). I have only had 2 nights I could investigate since we talked. I investigated JDH and Nohika. My first response to you was much longer and I had it all written out before night results came out then accidentally closed my browser window and lost it all.... ugh..... so then I typed up a faster response... I thought it was clear - I guess not

(Not really relevant to this end-game, but no, I don't remember that. Which game was it? I'd certainly do it again if I had the chance. :))

:laugh: thanks you big jerk

I am pretty sure it was Game of Thrones.... you ended up converting SnS then killing her right after....

My other investigation JDH (other than Nohika who I investigated last night). I have only had 2 nights I could investigate since we talked. I investigated JDH and Nohika. My first response to you was much longer and I had it all written out before night results came out then accidentally closed my browser window and lost it all.... ugh..... so then I typed up a faster response... I thought it was clear - I guess not

That's really not very useful. If you're being truthful, well, then it's truth. But if you're a wolf, it's exactly what a wolf would do/say as well. So it's not useful for decision-making purposes.

Sorry, gotta stick with my take on things. If yer a villager, then you'll get to say "told you so" to me and remind me in future games of that time I wrongfully went after you, etc. etc.

But I doubt it.

That's really not very useful. If you're being truthful, well, then it's truth. But if you're a wolf, it's exactly what a wolf would do/say as well. So it's not useful for decision-making purposes.

Sorry, gotta stick with my take on things. If yer a villager, then you'll get to say "told you so" to me and remind me in future games of that time I wrongfully went after you, etc. etc.

But I doubt it.

Really getting sick of writing out ****e if you are not even going to take it into account.....

It is the truth. But you are not going to believe me, so I am not going to continue arguing it. Nohika could just as easily be lying, but for whatever reason you believe her over me. That's fine. Seems she is no where to be found though - happens a lot this game.

Whatever - guess we will just have to wait for me to tell you - I told you so... cause it is coming....