Official Holiday WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Frosty, your role was to come back permanently if they hat was used on you.

Yay! :love: That was fun, albeit weird at points.

I figured perma-protection would be too much to hope for. But I decided to take a page from SOV's playbook from a number of games back and exaggerate my capabilities. When in doubt, borrow strategy from the good players.

At least, I think it was SOV that did that?

Yup. I believe that was the Phoenix role in DVM's SuperGame.

Members don't see this ad.

Devyn, Jack Skellington turned evil sinks to the bottom of the springs.

Villagers win. But wolves came very close. good game to all and to all a good night.

Yes!!! :clap: :clap: That was scary at points!

I think this is the first villager win I've made it to the end of? That I knew who to lynch, anyways. Even if not everyone believed me...

:hardy::highfive::clap::claps::biglove:

Members don't see this ad :)
Yay good game everyone! Although I should be sad the wolves lost...except I didn't know the ones in it at the end....I got lynched the day before the first conversion. And then once swings died I was as much in the dark as you all were.

Are we allowed to ask stuff now like who got converted first? And when the second conversion happened? Or is that strategy stuff kept secret?

As for the grinch heart, my power as Mr. Scrooge was to ask the mod a question I wouldn't normally get an answer to. We were worried about the Grinch getting the heart/dying angle that the villagers were postulating so I asked Dyachei what it does. She just said it was a protection item. I never got to see it work though.

Anyone understand the Grinch's Heart?

Seriously. Dyachei told me its use had been mentioned on the thread. I searched it. No luck. Tried giving it to hedgie thinking she'd come back good then Dyachei told me it was only for live players and night was over....

Yay good game everyone! Although I should be sad the wolves lost...except I didn't know the ones in it at the end....I got lynched the day before the first conversion. And then once swings died I was as much in the dark as you all were.

Are we allowed to ask stuff now like who got converted first? And when the second conversion happened? Or is that strategy stuff kept secret?

As for the grinch heart, my power as Mr. Scrooge was to ask the mod a question I wouldn't normally get an answer to. We were worried about the Grinch getting the heart/dying angle that the villagers were postulating so I asked Dyachei what it does. She just said it was a protection item. I never got to see it work though.

Ask anyhhjbh

bahhh good game villagers! I converted devyn night 5 so I think she did pretty well lasting that long! No idea about the 2nd conversion though.

My first time being a wolf was pretty dang nerve racking to say the least. But it was still fun!

Great game mod! :thumbup:

Seriously. Dyachei told me its use had been mentioned on the thread. I searched it. No luck. Tried giving it to hedgie thinking she'd come back good then Dyachei told me it was only for live players and night was over....

Somebody somewhere posted something about it being used as protection, because that was in the back of my head somewhere. Yeah, that's vague. Sorry. But I know it's out there somewhere.

But I never really figured out if it was true. I tried to use it on myself two nights in a row mid-game, but I wasn't attacked.

Interesting :cool:

I can't remember the exact comment you made, but I thought you dropped me a hint confirming the Rudolph protection role. Was that intentional, or just coincidence? I had no way to communicate that I had sent it other than the awkward comment I threw out there referencing it.

I can't remember the exact comment you made, but I thought you dropped me a hint confirming the Rudolph protection role. Was that intentional, or just coincidence? I had no way to communicate that I had sent it other than the awkward comment I threw out there referencing it.

I don't remember what I said either, but I did try and say something along the lines that I thought you would understand that I knew you were cool now - reading between the lines.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good game everyone! :D

Being a wolf this game was uber tough..... and when I got converted on night 5 I really didn't think we had a snowflake's chance in hell of making it to the end of the game.... it was two newbie wolves and no offense to them, but they had already cast so much suspicion on themselves that they were already dead in the water.....

And I can't believe the number of lynches I talked my way out of - I was just sitting here laughing..... and I sent the message to dyachei a few times....looks like I will be lynched today.... :laugh:

Yeah, when'd that 2nd conversion happen? I had checked SOV with the list prolly around night 6ish but figured he'd get converted at some point. Such a wolf.

SOV was converted the night after Swings was lynched..... don't remember what game night that was.... but it was the same night he investigated me a 2nd time.... so he got his investigations results of me turning naughty in his conversion PM..... it was a lucky conversion - I would have been toast if I had not converted him.....

Thanks dyachei!!!!! It was highly entertaining! :bow:

and thanks to jdh, DVM, & LIS for all of the drama..... I enjoys it.... :smuggrin:

I figured perma-protection would be too much to hope for. But I decided to take a page from SOV's playbook from a number of games back and exaggerate my capabilities. When in doubt, borrow strategy from the good players.

At least, I think it was SOV that did that?

I kind of figured it out too late. Told Devyn to lynch you right before I died. I thought you were too stubborn to change, but FH would have at least considered Nohika.

Anyone understand the Grinch's Heart?

I thought it must be for evil to be turned good.

And then when my death was posted as villager who lost his heart, I wondered if you gave me or Devyn the heart if we would be converted back to villager?

Definitely didn't notice its use was definitively figured out (although I never had it).

So Devyn was really suspicious to both me and JDH.
I was the one who told FFM to protect Devyn the first night I investigated her.... hedging my bets... Wanted to keep the seer alive from wolf attacks if still good, but was convinced she was bad.

Had no idea that protecting blocked my investigation.

Then JDH and I consulted and decided to investigate her again...

as Dev said... got back "naughty", but you are a wolf now.

I KNEW at that point we had to kill JDH. Being linked to Devyn as the only 2 wolves was not going to work with all he knew. Unfortunately, we failed at killing him, and figured he had some extra role not mentioned, and needed to get lucky and get him lynched.

I think if we killed JDH, wolves win.

Alternatively, the other play would have been to out Devyn, but she wasn't up for that, and honestly, there is no way I can survive to the end of the game from the middle as a wolf. I am just investigated too frequently (although I did keep a low profile till the end).

Great game dyachei. And way to go villagers!

So JDH -

I really was trying for you to see the logic that I couldn't have been an original or Alpha wolf.

I hate being killed rightly, but for the wrong reasons. :laugh:

So Devyn was really suspicious to both me and JDH.
I was the one who told FFM to protect Devyn the first night I investigated her.... hedging my bets... Wanted to keep the seer alive from wolf attacks if still good, but was convinced she was bad.

Had no idea that protecting blocked my investigation.

Then JDH and I consulted and decided to investigate her again...

as Dev said... got back "naughty", but you are a wolf now.

I KNEW at that point we had to kill JDH. Being linked to Devyn as the only 2 wolves was not going to work with all he knew. Unfortunately, we failed at killing him, and figured he had some extra role not mentioned, and needed to get lucky and get him lynched.

I think if we killed JDH, wolves win.

Alternatively, the other play would have been to out Devyn, but she wasn't up for that, and honestly, there is no way I can survive to the end of the game from the middle as a wolf. I am just investigated too frequently (although I did keep a low profile till the end).

Part of the mayor's role was to be able to reassign 1 role to any player he liked. He chose pretty late in the game to assign Rudolph's role (protective) to JDH

Somebody somewhere posted something about it being used as protection, because that was in the back of my head somewhere. Yeah, that's vague. Sorry. But I know it's out there somewhere.

But I never really figured out if it was true. I tried to use it on myself two nights in a row mid-game, but I wasn't attacked.

I used it a couple times and got that no harm came to the players those nights. Gosh this game was confusing though.

LIS -

I should have just left you alone (never thought you would make a big deal about my point) ...... and I should have read dyachei's write up more carefully to realize you wouldn't likely be bad... but still.... That was hilarious.

It is hard to argue when you KNOW the person is right. :p

Last edited:
And thanks Dyachei... happy my "no role" turned out to be so fun, although I am still unhappy with the RNG gods. I don't think I got my fair share of items.
Next game I play, they better favor me.

And really peoples... STOP converting me. Well, Devyn was toast if he didn't...but really...... this is insane.

Great game Dyachei, thank you!!! Playing in one of your games is always nostalgic for me. :love: The first game I ever played was your Hunger Games one. And the first game I ever made it to the end was your GOT game. Great times.

Probably wont be around much in the next few weeks - one more exam to go and then I am FREEEEEEE!!! I hope everyone has a great Holiday!!!!!!!!!:banana::banana::banana:

Oh, and LIS, maybe sometime in the next year we can look into doing a game again - really sorry I dropped the ball on that one. This semester got away from me and I am just now starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel

So JDH -

I really was trying for you to see the logic that I couldn't have been an original or Alpha wolf.

I hate being killed rightly, but for the wrong reasons. :laugh:

I never said you were an alpha. I've made a lot of IF/THEN statements that people in these games seem to think mean I'm staking out some unknown territory unequivocally.

What I was said it made more sense that you were an alpha and that could explain why devyn originally didn't see you IF we were working off the assumption that devyn was a convert. None of this I could obviously know for sure, but it was the reason I thought you should be lynched first because in many games without an alpha there is no longer any conversions.

It was all based on the logic of an IF/THEN thought experiment.

I will note - AGAIN - that I was correct about the devyn lynch.

The entire game to that point hinged upon HER.

I now understand why SOV and devyn argued for vigorously against it, but have ZERO clue why LIS and DVMD we unable to see the logic. It would have given us so much information EVEN IF she turned out to be a villager.

I will note - AGAIN - that I was correct about the devyn lynch.

The entire game to that point hinged upon HER.

I now understand why SOV and devyn argued for vigorously against it, but have ZERO clue why LIS and DVMD we unable to see the logic. It would have given us so much information EVEN IF she turned out to be a villager.

I did see the logic. I think I even said that I could get on board with lynching Devyn.

I never said you were an alpha. I've made a lot of IF/THEN statements that people in these games seem to think mean I'm staking out some unknown territory unequivocally.

What I was said it made more sense that you were an alpha and that could explain why devyn originally didn't see you IF we were working off the assumption that devyn was a convert. None of this I could obviously know for sure, but it was the reason I thought you should be lynched first because in many games without an alpha there is no longer any conversions.

It was all based on the logic of an IF/THEN thought experiment.

I got that. I was desperate to try to make you see there was no IF so there was no THEN.

Like I said... your staying alive was death to the wolves. We knew right away you would figure it out... and you did.

I mean, I couldn't convince you it was completely illogical to think we were wolves when we were, but I could try (unsuccessfully) to convince you that part of your logic was wrong... and if so, maybe your premise was as well..

Can't blame me for trying.

And it really was NOT personal. I enjoyed playing with you, even when you were on the other side.

I did see the logic. I think I even said that I could get on board with lynching Devyn.

Sure, I do remember you tossing that out once, but you never really got in my corner with it, which I think allowed for the some of the others to who (I think clearly we not following all of the things going on) to vote for me.

Retrospectascope says if you would have been a little more supportive, things could have gone another way.

Though, in your defense, you had the veto which you were planning on using on me, but you were unable to.

I got that. I was desperate to try to make you see there was no IF so there was no THEN.

Like I said... your staying alive was death to the wolves. We knew right away you would figure it out... and you did.

I mean, I couldn't convince you it was completely illogical to think we were wolves when we were, but I could try (unsuccessfully) to convince you that part of your logic was wrong... and if so, maybe your premise was as well..

Can't blame me for trying.

And it really was NOT personal. I enjoyed playing with you, even when you were on the other side.

Don't worry too much about me getting fired up when I do. I have a hard time holding any kind of grudge. All's fair in love, war, and WW.

You guys HAD ME though!! We were all solid by PM, but then devyn had to come in here and toss me a little too much under the bus, and you did the same, prior to the **** really hitting the fan, then I knew what the game was - or at least I was suspicious enough to know I HAD TO figure out where my trust lines were.

The thing that convinced me the most, though, was when you guys went ALL OUT on the whole PM thing - the change on investigation nights. And I know why you latched onto that because you saw DVMD bite at that bit of info. You had her playing for you guys very well.

Don't worry too much about me getting fired up when I do. I have a hard time holding any kind of grudge. All's fair in love, war, and WW.

You guys HAD ME though!! We were all solid by PM, but then devyn had to come in here and toss me a little too much under the bus, and you did the same, prior to the **** really hitting the fan, then I knew what the game was - or at least I was suspicious enough to know I HAD TO figure out where my trust lines were.

The thing that convinced me the most, though, was when you guys went ALL OUT on the whole PM thing - the change on investigation nights. And I know why you latched onto that because you saw DVMD bite at that bit of info. You had her playing for you guys very well.

I hate those kind of things though. Devyn is suspicious because of the change in investigation ability... but it wasn't her fault (was it?). That was real...

But you did kind of walk into that one a little. Hey we were desperate for any reason to get rid of your protected butt.

I hate those kind of things though. Devyn is suspicious because of the change in investigation ability... but it wasn't her fault (was it?). That was real...

But you did kind of walk into that one a little. Hey we were desperate for any reason to get rid of your protected butt.

I didn't change anything about her investigation ability. so no, it wasn't real

The funny thing was that I knew I had to convert either jdh or SOV.... since we were all working together so well at that point in the game and I knew if I did not convert one of them I was definite toast..... It was just lucky I chose SOV over jdh and he happened to be the one investigating me.... it really was a toss up for me as I knew jdh was a good wolf as well....

And I really was not as excited to be converted this game as I was the seer and wanted to work for the villagers.... :laugh: but I had to take the wolf role and run with it.....

Sure, I do remember you tossing that out once, but you never really got in my corner with it, which I think allowed for the some of the others to who (I think clearly we not following all of the things going on) to vote for me.

Retrospectascope says if you would have been a little more supportive, things could have gone another way.

Though, in your defense, you had the veto which you were planning on using on me, but you were unable to.

Yes, you're right that I was never strongly in your corner. Really, I always had <some> doubt about whether I had handed the protection role to a wolf or not, and that kinda dampened my enthusiasm to follow your lead too strongly.

But yes, I was planning to veto your lynch. It just went to plurality when I wasn't around.

LIS -

I should have just left you alone (never thought you would make a big deal about my point) ...... and I should have read dyachei's write up more carefully to realize you wouldn't likely be bad... but still.... That was hilarious.

It is hard to argue when you KNOW the person is right. :p

The only reason I jumped all over you wasn't because I was wildly clattering away at my keyboard screaming expletives in my office or anything like that - it was because your response took me from "fairly sure" you were a wolf to "nearly positive." (But apparently you weren't even a wolf at that point?? Am I reading that right??)

My post really was innocuous. I was sitting there thinking "Ok, the end-game is approaching. Everyone ends up staring at everyone else and they just make these snap judgment calls because it seems like at the end everyone figures investigation results aren't worth anything anymore." So I saw an opportunity to stack the deck in my favor a tiny bit by pointing out something that was suggestive of me being a villager. It really wasn't the highly defensive move you made it out to be - at least, not in my head. It may certainly have come out in the thread that way!

Anyway, right or wrong about your wolfiness at that point my first thought was "Villager SOV wouldn't have called me out on that." THAT'S why I got into it with you.

Oh, and LIS, maybe sometime in the next year we can look into doing a game again - really sorry I dropped the ball on that one. This semester got away from me and I am just now starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel

Whenever you're ready! There's rarely a shortage of WW games. :)