Official Holiday WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Your "reasonable argument" makes you just as suspicious as the others. And no I don't agree with your argument simply because FFM has played with us quite a bit so anyone can be just as suspect...

Well then. That seems like more of a real response.

You are saying FFM is familiar to this group. Ok. Though I have at least two of your people who I assume are regulars saying that my idea DOES make sense. What do you make of that then? Why are you protesting so much and why so quick to throw a guy actually trying to come up with some good ideas for lynch under the bus??

Members don't see this ad.

Well then. That seems like more of a real response.

You are saying FFM is familiar to this group. Ok. Though I have at least two of your people who I assume are regulars saying that my idea DOES make sense. What do you make of that then? Why are you protesting so much and why so quick to throw a guy actually trying to come up with some good ideas for lynch under the bus??

I always protest a lot... Ask anyone. Actually, Packen threw out a lynch because I wasn't being as argumentative. So, this is normal for me.

I only see one person agreeing with your strategy right now.. and two people and myself saying that FFM has played with us before. So... Am I missing something?

I'm disappointed FFM

You've got to team up a little, roll the dice, early on in a game IMHO if you want to get things moving against the wolves. Or perhaps you did, and those dice came up bad . . .

Here's the thing. Isn't he a bit of an odd pick for here in pre-vet? Has he played a bunch of games with you guys? I don't know. It just seems like a bit of an odd choice as a random wolf kill. So, I'd bet FFM spilled the beans to someone in my group, and now is toast because of it. Though that does also seem a bit obvious, but who would have investigated him to figure out he was rudolph? Are the wolves employing their own RNG strategy? I doubt it.

I think his death is likely the direct result of someone in my house or a lounge connected player.

I should really stop making suggestions that put me in the cross-hairs, but I think I'm also right about this.

I will also point out that only FFM and SOV have been responding at all in any in-house PMs. This is a common pattern I've seen from people playing wolf, especially early on. They get too tied up in wolfy PMs that they forget to appropriately respond to in-house PMs - hell, I think I've been caught that way myself.

I'd point your possible lynches and investigations at this point directly on FTB, devyn, and SOV.
I'm not much of a PM to tell you I know nothing type person. I didn't get any hint off FFM that he had a role, and unless there was group PM'ing going on that was relevant and I was left out?

I'm wondering if jdh or SOV set this up. FFM, without knowledge of his role is not the first lounger I'd think to kill, yet he is lounge enough to put suspicion back on those players who would not choose to kill Lissa. Whoever the wolves are they are following the suspicions on thread really well.

Members don't see this ad :)
I always protest a lot... Ask anyone. Actually, Packen threw out a lynch because I wasn't being as argumentative. So, this is normal for me.

I only see one person agreeing with your strategy right now.. and two people and myself saying that FFM has played with us before. So... Am I missing something?

SOV and zany both said my theory made sense. SOV was the only one who got on board with it though.

Are you missing something? You mean like your ever loving mind? Wave your hands in the air and protest thusly anyone trying to come up with a reasonable lunch strat and then throwing that person under the bus?? Lawl. And then you have the temerity to ask me if you're missing something?? Yes. You are clearly missing - a lot. :laugh:

But I'll do you the same courtesy you did me and not explain any further. My gut says you don't know your head from you ass here.

I'm wondering if jdh or SOV set this up. FFM, without knowledge of his role is not the first lounger I'd think to kill, yet he is lounge enough to put suspicion back on those players who would not choose to kill Lissa. Whoever the wolves are they are following the suspicions on thread really well.

I smell some bull****e up in here
UdMIM.gif

lynch FTB

because you are just not getting your hat back from Frosty - so fecking forget about it

SOV and zany both said my theory made sense. SOV was the only one who got on board with it though.

Are you missing something? You mean like your ever loving mind? Wave your hands in the air and protest thusly anyone trying to come up with a reasonable lunch strat and then throwing that person under the bus?? Lawl. And then you have the temerity to ask me if you're missing something?? Yes. You are clearly missing - a lot. :laugh:

But I'll do you the same courtesy you did me and not explain any further. My gut says you don't know your head from you ass here.

Just because I don't agree with you... I don't know my head from my ass? Meh... whatever... I could say the same about your strategy for starting lynches on the "veteran/good" players after a bunch of people informed you that the last few games we have had here have ended with quiet people/noobs against a bunch of wolves and the wolves have come out on top every single time... It is a bad strategy since it has lead to a wolf win for many games in a row recently.

And how do you know that your lynch is reasonable? You don't. Same as I don't know if mine is.... we come up with ideas and tell people and see if they work out or not or if people agree. If someone doesn't agree that does not mean they are dense, it means that they are thinking differently... it is a part of the game.

Just because I don't agree with you... I don't know my head from my ass? Meh... whatever... I could say the same about your strategy for starting lynches on the "veteran/good" players after a bunch of people informed you that the last few games we have had here have ended with quiet people/noobs against a bunch of wolves and the wolves have come out on top every single time... It is a bad strategy since it has lead to a wolf win for many games in a row recently.

And how do you know that your lynch is reasonable? You don't. Same as I don't know if mine is.... we come up with ideas and tell people and see if they work out or not or if people agree. If someone doesn't agree that does not mean they are dense, it means that they are thinking differently... it is a part of the game.

I don't have any problems with disagreements but you're not even coming up with any reasonable alternative. I shouldn't have to tell you what reasonable means.

By original lynch strategy is not a bad one from a game theory perspective. You kill off some people perhaps one or two and then you start having information or other leads to base lunches off of. It's a great way to play the beginning. It's logical, resonance, and makes sense.

My lynch is reasonable because I have a rationale. What is your rationale? If you don't have one then you're pulling **** out of your ass.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't have any problems with disagreements but you're not even coming up with any reasonable alternative. I shouldn't have to tell you what reasonable means.

By original lynch strategy is not a bad one from a game theory perspective. You kill off some people perhaps one or two and then you start having information or other leads to base lunches off of. It's a great way to play the beginning. It's logical, resonance, and makes sense.

My lynch is reasonable because I have a rationale. What is your rationale? If you don't have one then you're pulling **** out of your ass.

My rationale is that you have a bad strategy and are going to cause the villagers more harm than good with it. I know that you don't agree that it is bad but you haven't been here playing in the last few games as one of the few villagers remaining with noobs and a bunch of really quiet villagers while they all blindly follow the wolves and fall right into their traps.

Of course, I am willing to switch my vote should I be given a better reason... I am currently wondering what devyn is referring to about FTB... I might be convinced to switch my vote to FTB.

really??? :rolleyes:

mayhaps you should read up on the role you were assigned a bit more......me thinks

I am assuming devyn is saying that ftb is someone bad who took frosty's hat... But I dont remember that in the song, was there an evil guy in the cartoon movie? If this info is legit, I will change my vote.

Ftb, if you are krampus (just googled) you are bad. But I thought you just said you were a villager. Not adding up.

******unlynch swing*******
*******lynch ftb*********

I am assuming devyn is saying that ftb is someone bad who took frosty's hat... But I dont remember that in the song, was there an evil guy in the cartoon movie? If this info is legit, I will change my vote.

I think the evil guy was the one trying to melt frosty IIRC, like the town mayor or some really rich guy or something like that.

I don't have a role, other than "villager" !?
And I obviously don't know enough about the holidays to know what you mean... Doesn't frosty just have a hat?

You are Professor Hinkle.....

not sure how you could construe that role as "villager" but def not......

My rationale is that you have a bad strategy and are going to cause the villagers more harm than good with it. I know that you don't agree that it is bad but you haven't been here playing in the last few games as one of the few villagers remaining with noobs and a bunch of really quiet villagers while they all blindly follow the wolves and fall right into their traps.

Of course, I am willing to switch my vote should I be given a better reason... I am currently wondering what devyn is referring to about FTB... I might be convinced to switch my vote to FTB.

I disagreed strongly with JDH yesterday (or Friday? who remembers) about the lynch the good players, but this theory makes a lot of sense to me.

I'd rather go with this than a bunch of other random suspicions.
1) It is hard to keep up with PMs as a wolf
2) People usually choose 1 person to confide in. I usually do.
3) FTB is be far at the top of my list in the group.

Let's stop attacking each other for coming up with theories. And focus on whether any one else has a better THEORY (not wild guess) than this.

This is by far the BEST lead we have.
Does that make it 100% right? We will find out. And you can pick apart all the flaws, but no one said it was a PERFECT lead, just the best we got.

Who is krampus then, cause they are the next to get lynched. Sorry I misread that. I thought you Dias you were krampus.

I think the evil guy was the one trying to melt frosty IIRC, like the town mayor or some really rich guy or something like that.
I just watched Frosty with MrsSOV the other day (her virgin time:eek:).
The hat came from the magician who confusingly is the Professor. He steals it back once, and tries (and does) trap frosty in a greenhouse once. He is a bad dude. Definitely on the naughty list.

Ok. If hinkle is bad and ftb is hinkle according to devyn, then I stick by my vote.

What is the krampus about tho, cause that is a bad dude. Why did you mention it ftb?

Um, apparently I fail commercialized childhood forever because I had to google "Frosty the Snowman" and then find the cartoon to find any reference to a hat other than him just having one.

But I assure you, I am a villager as I told you all in PM. I wanted to know what people think of Krampus because I got a card that said "greetings from Krampus" last night.
I think I've been framed.

Um, apparently I fail commercialized childhood forever because I had to google "Frosty the Snowman" and then find the cartoon to find any reference to a hat other than him just having one.

FWIW, it is amazing how little of Frosty I actually remembered. Haven't seen it in maybe 3 decades:eek:

Finally some good solid info.

unlynch swings, lynch FTB

Guys, I'm being framed here.
There is no way I am this Hinkle guy.
You are making a mistake and losing a villager in the process.

I want to believe you but it is really hard. I have investigative evidence that you are Professor Hinkle.

And you are so good at talking your way out of lynches (boba fett) that it is hard to really know when/if you are telling the truth.

What is a bad strategy and why??

Seriously guys, have you ever seen me play a wolf where I didn't research not only my wolf role but everything under the sun?

Nope, but....

.... Devyn isn't saying she thinks you might be - she's saying you are. Which suggests investigative results from somewhere/someone. That's better than any of the other nonsense we have going right now.

lynch FTB

What is a bad strategy and why??

Really? I have explained this multiple times. Even the post you quoted explains it. Even SOV was able to deduce what strategy I was referring to. At this time, I am done discussing it. I have nothing else to add to it and it is time to move on.

Well I'm glad we've got some sort of information and that I got on in time to read it and vote. (I had to finish cleaning my house for our home visit in an hour. Hopefully soon I'll have a Boston)

lynch FTB

Just woke up...lovez sleeping in...

Ok I had no idea who Professor Hinkle is either, but through the magic of the INTERNETZ! I've figured it out. I think this is too good of a lead to pass up on. Honestly, I've been kinda quiet lately because all the veterans are busy pointing fingers at each other based on specific past games or past games in general and I really don't have much to contribute.

Now we're talking about specific players in THIS game. So... lynch FTB

jdh, sadly my social life is interfering with my WW Life, unacceptable I know! Do not fear though, I met my social commitments and fulfilled my man-duties, so now a few errands are all that stand between me and my WW playing this Sunday! :thumbup:

Nope, but....

.... Devyn isn't saying she thinks you might be - she's saying you are. Which suggests investigative results from somewhere/someone. That's better than any of the other nonsense we have going right now.

lynch FTB

And I'm saying I have been framed! I am a villager, I promise you that.

Really? I have explained this multiple times. Even the post you quoted explains it. Even SOV was able to deduce what strategy I was referring to. At this time, I am done discussing it. I have nothing else to add to it and it is time to move on.

So you are saying this whole time you were disagreeing with my original strategy not the new strategy which turned out to be right??

What does that say about your strategies.

I'd also like it pointed out how much you protested this in the open forum.

And I will take that as, "I was wrong, you were right, my apologies"

Good to hear it!

Pre-vet. Where no- one reads the whole thread. My pleas fall on the deaf ears of those who scan just enough to see possible investigative results and go with it and the arguing of others over strategy.

:lame:

Pre-vet. Where no- one reads the whole thread. My pleas fall on the deaf ears of those who scan just enough to see possible investigative results and go with it and the arguing of others over strategy.

:lame:

Dude. We know you're durty.

(And not in the way I like)

So you are saying this whole time you were disagreeing with my original strategy not the new strategy which turned out to be right??

What does that say about your strategies.

I'd also like it pointed out how much you protested this in the open forum.

Yes, I was disagreeing with your original strategy and I still do disagree with it. I honestly don't care where I protested it... I would still protest the original strategy in the open forum... you may ask devyn how frustrated I was in the last game when it was me, noobs, and pretty much non-existent other villagers vs. the wolves... most frustrating game ever.