**Official PASS 2022 Endodontic Residency Interviews/Information**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know if Pittsburgh accepts internationally trained dentists?

Members don't see this ad.

I heard some programs have mentioned their new deadlines on PASS. Does anyone know where they are mentioned? apparently they're in red?

I went through last years thread to find potential questions we may encounter during an interview.
Ignore any duplicate questions... I'm just copy/pasting Hope this helps!

Post by: @SirBrotherJam
Link: endodontic residency 2021 application

Well I guess I can throw out some other stuff such as the questions that I was asked so that you all might prepare a bit better.
Tell me a little about yourself?
Why did you want to be a dentist?
Why do you want to be an endodontist?
What differentiates you from other candidates? Why should we select you over the others? Becareful not to throw others under the bus since you really don't know them well enough to make that assessment.
3 strengths
3 weakness
Give me an example of teamwork?
How will you contribute to our program? What can you bring to the table?
Do you handle criticism well?
Are you a member of the AAE?
What is your greatest success? Failure?
What is your least/favorite aspect of treatment?
What makes you think you will succeed in residency?
How is your time management?
What kind of endo will you like (NSRCT, SRCT, retreat)?
Are you involved in a study club?
Any last minute comments?

This would probably cover most questions asked (at least for me). Sorry I can't remember more.

The only other thing I would say are this. Having a portfolio with abstracts/cases can be useful but don't shove it in their face. The other being if you don't get in, simply spend some time and visit each program and get to know their director. I am amazed at how different I feel this time around then last year because of it. Wouldn't surprise me at all if decisions are made (at some, defiantly not all) before PASS even starts. Cheers!

Post by: @Endohopeful2020
Link: endodontic residency 2021 application

Tell us about yourself.
What are some qualities that you have that would set you apart as a good resident?
Tell us about a time you had a disagreement with someone.
Why do you want to do Endo?
What are your strengths and weaknesses?
If you could go to dinner with anyone in history who would it be and why?
What’s your biggest accomplishment?
How will you take care of the underserved community?
Are you active in organized dentistry?
Tell us about your research experience.
What questions do you have about the program?

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just quick question, do schools supposed to contact you at some point after you submit PASS application? There are some contacted me right away, and some i have not heard back at all..should I contact those schools? I submitted about 5 days ago..

Just quick question, do schools supposed to contact you at some point after you submit PASS application? There are some contacted me right away, and some i have not heard back at all..should I contact those schools? I submitted about 5 days ago..
They contact you and say your file is complete or of your missing anything. I don’t see nothing wrong with contacting them so you can have a peace of mind lol

Reactions: 1 user
Some do not contact you and it is your responsibility. I asked the same question to the person I sent "additional materials to" and they said they only respond if the applicant requests an application status. It is always worth reaching out if you have a question.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone!
I requested my NBDE scores to be sent to PASS on May 13th, but it is not posted on PASS yet. Does anyone else have the same issue?

Hi everyone!
I requested my NBDE scores to be sent to PASS on May 13th, but it is not posted on PASS yet. Does anyone else have the same issue?
Mine took less than 24 hours... I would send them again

Mine took less than 24 hours... I would send them again
Hi everyone!
i requested mine on a saturday, and they were posted the following wednesday...it was very quick!

For schools that REQUIRE the ADAT... does anyone know if the application is considered incomplete until the scores are sent in? When is it too late to take the ADAT for this cycle?

For schools that REQUIRE the ADAT... does anyone know if the application is considered incomplete until the scores are sent in? When is it too late to take the ADAT for this cycle?
That’s a good question. I would assume so but the scores should just automatically load into ur PASS app. I would say august is the latest time to take

Not sure if I'm just stupid but I'm looking everywhere and I can't find any "Download Transcript Request Form" button under the "Colleges and Dental Schools Attended" section after I input my dental school

Any help?

Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure if I'm just stupid but I'm looking everywhere and I can't find any "Download Transcript Request Form" button under the "Colleges and Dental Schools Attended" section after I input my dental school

Any help?
Are you sure you filled out dental school instead of undergraduate

Attachments

• adeaschool.png
    adeaschool.png
    282 KB · Views: 142
Where do I do that?
I'm not sure if there's a glitch on the site, but I just tried checking so I could compare your screen with mine to see what the problem is, and now when I go onto my application, the schools i inputed have disappeared from that page, and I no longer see the option to download the transcript form and don't even have the option to enter my schools....now I'm just as confused as you are because it was working for me the other day. Is anyone else having this problem?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-30 at 1.23.19 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-30 at 1.23.19 AM.png
    290.1 KB · Views: 101
i also had a glitch on my app, but then i tried logging in from safari and it worked, so maybe try switching browsers! hope it helps
I have a PC and tried Chrome, Edge, and IE, none worked. Tried Safari on my iPhone and that didn't show anything either lol

Any UAB graduates having trouble getting the IEF completed? I submitted a request the day PASS opened. I have been in follow up contact with the school just no completion yet.

Any UAB graduates having trouble getting the IEF completed? I submitted a request the day PASS opened. I have been in follow up contact with the school just no completion yet.
not UAB, but same situation 🙄

same! Any idea if we're able to submit the app while the IEF and transcripts are still being requested?

SUBMIT button on PASS will not be clickable since those 2 are required so answer is no.

How do you know it was posted? does ADEA PASS shows as "posted"???
I got an email from pass saying “an official test score was received” and then in the email it said they received and processed my NBDE score

Is anyone having trouble finding the nova application?

Hi everyone, I submitted my application to three programs on Wednesday, no response email received yet. How long does it take for the programs to email the instructions for supplemental application?

Hi everyone, I submitted my application to three programs on Wednesday, no response email received yet. How long does it take for the programs to email the instructions for supplemental application?
none of them seem to respond to you with it. you gotta try to go to their website and find the link to their supplemental. some do respond,but overall you gotta do it yourself

Moving forward, please only list a program's interview date if you received (or know someone who received) an invite. This will prevent everyone else from thinking that invites were already sent out and they didn't receive one. Some programs list their interview date on their page or on the ADEA program search page. That being said, everyone hold tight as interview invites will start rolling out in the next few weeks!!

same! Any idea if we're able to submit the app while the IEF and transcripts are still being requested?
Anyone still having issues with IEF’s. I requested mine (already completed by my school from last cycle) almost a month ago. Not sure if I should keep nagging the administrator or just continue to wait.

Do our evaluators need to fill confidential recommendations letter again for UCLA?

University of Minnesota: July 9th via Zoom
University of Texas at Houston: July 16th in person

Hey guys and gals! as your interviews come in update the list so we can all be in the loop! Good luck to all

University of Alabama at Birmingham
Loma Linda University
University of California at Los Angeles
University of California at San Francisco
University of Southern California
University of the Pacific
University of Connecticut
Nova Southeastern University
University of Florida
Georgia Regents University (Augusta Univ)
University of Illinois at Chicago
Indiana University- Invites sent (July 9th)
University of Iowa
University of Louisville
Louisiana State University
University of Maryland
Boston University
Harvard University
Tufts University
University of Detroit Mercy
University of Michigan
University of Minnesota- Invites sent (July 9th)
Saint Louis University
University of Missouri-Kansas City
University of Nebraska
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine
Columbia University
NYU Langone (Lutheran Medical Center)
New York University
Stony Brook University
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
University of North Carolina
Case Western Reserve University
Ohio State University
Oregon Health & Science University
Albert Einstein Medical Center
Temple University
University of Pennsylvania
University of Pittsburgh
Medical University of South Carolina
University of Tennessee Health Science Center
Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry
University of Texas at Houston- Invites sent (July 16th)
University of Texas at San Antonio
Virginia Commonwealth University
University of Washington
West Virginia University
Marquette University
VA New York

So far, I got two personal eval and IEF done. I'm just waiting for the last personal eval. Can I just submit the application while waiting for the last eval ? Or I have wait until everything is submitted ??

So far, I got two personal eval and IEF done. I'm just waiting for the last personal eval. Can I just submit the application while waiting for the last eval ? Or I have wait until everything is submitted ??
Pretty sure you can submit....pass will say your app is ready to submit and the submit option will be available. And then whatever's missing will be added in as it gets uploaded to pass. I think programs may just not look at the app since it technically wont be complete, but i would say submit anyways

Anyone gotten an App complete from Tufts?

Anyone gotten an App complete from Tufts?
No, I have been trying to contact them to know the status of my application but no reply. I have not received anything from them since I submitted my application and the photo.
Did you hear anything from them?

Augusta University July 19th in person

June 5th for Houston, today for Augusta.