**Official PASS 2022 Endodontic Residency Interviews/Information**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
June 5th for Houston, today for Augusta.
Congratulations. Anyone else received anymore interviews ?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone else reallyyyyy struggling to get an update from MUSC. The secretary is not super helpful, and every time you email her she doesn't reply, or takes over a week to reply. If she picks up the phone, you feel as though you're annoying her, by the tone of her voice lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else reallyyyyy struggling to get an update from MUSC. The secretary is not super helpful, and every time you email her she doesn't reply, or takes over a week to reply. If she picks up the phone, you feel as though you're annoying her, by the tone of her voice lol.
Don’t go to MUSC endo. The new director seems like a great dude, but Charleston is insanely saturated and you’ll have a dearth of cases. It’s an expensive program and absolutely not worth it right now. It may be great in a few years, but it’s had too many setbacks recently. I’d look elsewhere. Augusta is a FAR better option.

Reactions: 1 user
Apprec
Don’t go to MUSC endo. The new director seems like a great dude, but Charleston is insanely saturated and you’ll have a dearth of cases. It’s an expensive program and absolutely not worth it right now. It may be great in a few years, but it’s had too many setbacks recently. I’d look elsewhere. Augusta is a FAR better option.
Appreciate the feedback, Unfortunately didn't get an interview from Augusta. Fingers crossed for others!

Saint Louis University July 14th in person interview

Last edited:
University of Alabama at Birmingham
Loma Linda University
University of California at Los Angeles
University of California at San Francisco
University of Southern California
University of the Pacific
University of Connecticut
Nova Southeastern University
University of Florida
Georgia Regents University (Augusta Univ) - Invites sent (July 19th)
University of Illinois at Chicago
Southern Illinois
Indiana University- Invites sent (July 9th)
University of Iowa
University of Louisville
Louisiana State University - Invites sent (July 23rd)
University of Maryland
Boston University
Harvard University
Tufts University
University of Detroit Mercy
University of Michigan
University of Minnesota- Invites sent (July 9th or 12th)
Saint Louis University - Invites sent (July 14th)

University of Missouri-Kansas City
University of Nebraska
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine
Columbia University
NYU Langone (Lutheran Medical Center)
New York University
Stony Brook University
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
University of North Carolina
Case Western Reserve University
Ohio State University
Oregon Health & Science University - Invites sent (June 30 or July 7th)
Albert Einstein Medical Center
Temple University
University of Pennsylvania
University of Pittsburgh
Medical University of South Carolina
University of Tennessee Health Science Center
Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry
University of Texas at Houston- Invites sent (July 16th)
University of Texas at San Antonio
Virginia Commonwealth University
University of Washington
West Virginia University
Marquette University
VA New York

Do schools generally send out all their invites at once? I only applied to SLU cause I had no other choice this year. Just want to know if it's over for me or not lol

Do schools generally send out all their invites at once? I only applied to SLU cause I had no other choice this year. Just want to know if it's over for me or not lol
I believe they send out more (for their 1 or 2 dates) if/when people decline invitations, which is why some people will only get about a week's notice prior to interviewing.

St. Louis University July 14th in person interview
That's impressive. Congrats
Can you tell us how did you get all these interviews? I mean is it a good ADAT score or a high GPA.

I've never gotten a single interview and I applied for 3 years in a row now, I want to know when should I just stop lol

Can you tell us how did you get all these interviews? I mean is it a good ADAT score or a high GPA.

I've never gotten a single interview and I applied for 3 years in a row now, I want to know when should I just stop lol
Are you international?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes. I hope that's not the reason for not getting invites because I cant do anything about it.
Still very early in the cycle. Have you applied for expensive private schools too? How many programs have you applied for this cycle?

Still very early in the cycle. Have you applied for expensive private schools too? How many programs have you applied for this cycle?
I applied to 10 programs this cycle and the majority of them are expensive private schools. I hope I wont get all rejections this year too.

I applied to 10 programs this cycle and the majority of them are expensive private schools. I hope I wont get all rejections this year too.
Try to apply to as many programs as possible. 10 seems too little in your situation. I would aim at 25-30+ programs that accept international dentists and if location/program is of no concern to you. 3 straight years with not even 1 single invite seems concerning and there might be something in your application that PD’s are seeing as a major flaw that they cannot look over. Have you ever tried to get in contact with any PD’s that are close to you and asked for advice? or at AAE meeting? This cycle is far from over so keep positive thinking.

Reactions: 3 users
Try to apply to as many programs as possible. 10 seems too little in your situation. I would aim at 25-30+ programs that accept international dentists and if location/program is of no concern to you. 3 straight years with not even 1 single invite seems concerning and there might be something in your application that PD’s are seeing as a major flaw that they cannot look over. Have you ever tried to get in contact with any PD’s that are close to you and asked for advice? or at AAE meeting? This cycle is far from over so keep positive thinking.
Thanks for the helpful advice, I really appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Thanks for the helpful advice, I really appreciate your comments and suggestions.
No problem. It’s only middle of June. Be patient and wait 2-3 more weeks. That’s when most programs send invites.
Don’t worry too much about other people receiving multiple interviews. They can only attend 1 program and it will open up spots for other people later.
You only need 1 interview and to kill it.

Reactions: 8 users
Did anyone apply to Tennessee? Do they send app complete email?

Don’t stop. It’s your dream you’ll keep pursing it. I’ll just say I had applied for a couple years in room. It works out in the end

For those who applied to VCU, where did you send the 2x2 photo? There is no email or mailing address given on their PASS info section or their website. They haven't replied to my email either.

For those who applied to VCU, where did you send the 2x2 photo? There is no email or mailing address given on their PASS info section or their website. They haven't replied to my email either.
When I applied last year I emailed Ryan Brown at [email protected]. He just had me email him my photo. I don't know if that's still the person to talk to, but it should show on their website.

Reactions: 1 users

email [email protected] your photo. i emailed him about this and he instructed me to respond to the email with my photo

I am looking for the UNC campus safety questions, but the link that was posted on the ADEA PASS search engine website said Error. Does anyone have a correct link?

Is it too late to apply to some programs like Case Western, UOP and UIC ?

I am looking for the UNC campus safety questions, but the link that was posted on the ADEA PASS search engine website said Error. Does anyone have a correct link?

I had the same issue, the link on the website isn't working. They haven't updated it yet. I emailed Kristy Pickard at UNC and she sent me the updated form. FIlled it out and sent it back 2 minutes later. She responds promptly :)

UWashington July 9 and 12 via phone call

Does anyone know when Iowa usually starts sending out the interview invitations?

University of Alabama at Birmingham
Loma Linda University
University of California at Los Angeles
University of California at San Francisco
University of Southern California
University of the Pacific
University of Connecticut
Nova Southeastern University
University of Florida
Georgia Regents University (Augusta Univ) - Invites sent (July 19th)
University of Illinois at Chicago
Southern Illinois
Indiana University- Invites sent (July 9th)
University of Iowa
University of Louisville
Louisiana State University - Invites sent (July 23rd)
University of Maryland
Boston University- Invites sent (July 12th and 19th)
Harvard University
Tufts University- Invites sent (July 12th and 19th)
University of Detroit Mercy
University of Michigan
University of Minnesota- Invites sent (July 9th or 12th)
Saint Louis University - Invites sent (July 14th)

University of Missouri-Kansas City
University of Nebraska
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine
Columbia University
NYU Langone (Lutheran Medical Center)
New York University
Stony Brook University
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
University of North Carolina
Case Western Reserve University
Ohio State University
Oregon Health & Science University - Invites sent (June 30th or July 7th)
Albert Einstein Medical Center
Temple University
University of Pennsylvania
University of Pittsburgh
Medical University of South Carolina
University of Tennessee Health Science Center
Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry
University of Texas at Houston- Invites sent (July 16th)
University of Texas at San Antonio
Virginia Commonwealth University
University of Washington- Invites sent (July 9th or 12th)
West Virginia University
Marquette University
VA New York- Invites sent (Mid July)

Last edited:
Just a heads up to everyone. Schools may be going through administrative changes at the moment, which is not uncommon, especially at the program director level (chair is usually fairly stable with less turnover because it’s the better job). So interview invites and dates will change from the prior year if that’s the case. If the program’s chair also serves as the program director, you should expect more consistency with invite dates every year. If the school’s website has “interim” anything they are going through changes. So that’s how you know… It’s not necessarily a bad thing either, but just means things may be different.

Reactions: 8 users
For those who applied to NYU, how soon after submitting the PASS application did you receive the instructions for paying the supplemental application fee? I submitted the PASS application 3 days ago, but have not heard back from NYU yet.

For those who applied to NYU, how soon after submitting the PASS application did you receive the instructions for paying the supplemental application fee? I submitted the PASS application 3 days ago, but have not heard back from NYU yet.
It took me about 10 days after submitting my application to receive the instructions email.

Do you guys think that the University of Pittsburgh will give priority to those who apply through the "self-managed application" vs PASS?

Saint Louis University July 14th in person interview
Congratulations!
I'm a little bummed I didn't get an interview there as I did last year and I had improved my application this year lol! 🤷🏻‍♂️

Congratulations!
I'm a little bummed I didn't get an interview there as I did last year and I had improved my application this year lol! 🤷🏻‍♂️
In what ways have you improved from last cycle if you don’t mind sharing?

Congratulations!
This is actually a great topic to discuss. For those of us who are applying multiple times, does the fact that you interviewed the year before at a program effect your chances of getting another interview the following year. And if so, what did you do to improve your application? Anyone have experience with this?

In what ways have you improved from last cycle if you don’t mind sharing?
Took over 100 hours of hands on/online CE endo courses (Dr. Buchanan's courses / UCLA endodontic Continuum, virtual 2021 AAE meeting, additional letter of rec, took the ADAT though I only did ok on it, I'll probably take it again if I don't get in anywhere)

I have received 1 invite for Minnesota so far, I also interviewed last year but unfortunately didn't make the cut