***Official University of Louisville Class 2015 Acceptance Thread***

I still haven't heard anything. I'm also on the next to be contacted list and I was told they were to meet last week, so I'm glad someone told you maybe in the next two weeks so all hope isn't lost. This is killing me I check my e-mail about once an hour every day waiting to hear!

Does anyone know how many people are on that next to be contacted list? And I read a post on this thread from earlier with someone who had already been accepted saying they saw the roster on blackboard and there were only about 6 spots left... Is there any update on that roster?

Members don't see this ad.

First of all, congratulations to you all that got accepted!!

Now, for those that are planning on applying in June 2011 (like me), what would you recommend other than have a good GPA and score well on the DAT?

Is louisville big on volunteer hours?
Shadowing?
Leadership?
Research?

From you experience in your interviews, visits, and personal research on Louisville, what would you recommend to us so that we can be part of this thread next year?

Thanks

First of all, congratulations to you all that got accepted!!

Now, for those that are planning on applying in June 2011 (like me), what would you recommend other than have a good GPA and score well on the DAT?

Is louisville big on volunteer hours?
Shadowing?
Leadership?
Research?

From you experience in your interviews, visits, and personal research on Louisville, what would you recommend to us so that we can be part of this thread next year?

Thanks

make sure you have a good personality:D

Members don't see this ad :)
I still haven't heard anything. I'm also on the next to be contacted list and I was told they were to meet last week, so I'm glad someone told you maybe in the next two weeks so all hope isn't lost. This is killing me I check my e-mail about once an hour every day waiting to hear!

Does anyone know how many people are on that next to be contacted list? And I read a post on this thread from earlier with someone who had already been accepted saying they saw the roster on blackboard and there were only about 6 spots left... Is there any update on that roster?

The roster now says 117, but does still have some familiar faculty names on there. I don't think they've sent out any more acceptances yet, but I could be wrong (I'm basing this just on the roster info-- last week it was around 119 I think so 2 people have decided to go elsewhere).

I hope this helps! good luck! :luck:

I got the call this afternoon, from what I was told they met either this morning or yesterday afternoon. Good luck to those awaiting a response!

I got the call this afternoon, from what I was told they met either this morning or yesterday afternoon. Good luck to those awaiting a response!

When you say "you got the call" what do you mean? Do you mean UofL called you and said you have now been accepted? ??

I just called and talked to the girl at the front desk. She said that they sent out a group of invites last week and that they are just inviting on an "as needed" basis now.

I am kinda bummed right now because I was so hopeful to get in there, but it's not looking good so far. Although I am still kind of unclear because I keep hearing different stories. Plus I thought more people would have posted on here when they start hearing things.

Anyone else out there heard anything form UofL? I'm still hanging in there, but I dont have quite as much bounce in my step as I did before I learned all this stuff.
:confused:

When you say "you got the call" what do you mean? Do you mean UofL called you and said you have now been accepted? ??

Yeah, I that's what I meant. I interviewed January 21st I think and got the acceptance call yesterday thankfully. Good luck to those still waiting!

Congrats Caleb! Can someone look at the roster now that they have sent out more acceptances and see how many people are on it? And try not to include any staff. Thanks!

I just got accepted yesterday!! Interviewed Jan 24. I'm really excited! I already lost hope because I thought it was too late. Is there not a facebook page? The one listed on here didn't work...

I just got accepted yesterday!! Interviewed Jan 24. I'm really excited! I already lost hope because I thought it was too late. Is there not a facebook page? The one listed on here didn't work...

There is a facebook page, not sure how that link is not working. Maybe just search it. But congrats on getting accepted:thumbup:

search "University of Louisville DMD Class of 2015"

Hey guys. Any suggestions for this late in the game? OSU22, anything you recommed? I interviewed Oct 18 and have been wait listed for a couple of years now. I know it's coming down to the last minute and class is almost full but I'm still holding onto it, after 6 years of applying I can't let go of the dream. I'm in medical school now and want nothing more to attend ULSD. Congrats to everyone who has been accepted!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys. Any suggestions for this late in the game? OSU22, anything you recommed? I interviewed Oct 18 and have been wait listed for a couple of years now. I know it's coming down to the last minute and class is almost full but I'm still holding onto it, after 6 years of applying I can't let go of the dream. I'm in medical school now and want nothing more to attend ULSD. Congrats to everyone who has been accepted!

Wait... You are currently a med student but want to transition to dental?

Wait... You are currently a med student but want to transition to dental?

We've all done things we are not proud of (such as eating food that's dropped on the floor, peeing in public places and some even went to medical school) let's not pry on his past, he's seen the light and is making a commitment to change, leave him alone :p

We've all done things we are not proud of (such as eating food that's dropped on the floor, peeing in public places and some even went to medical school) let's not pry on his past, he's seen the light and is making a commitment to change, leave him alone :p

No I am not trying to pry into his past, I just find it very interesting that he is in medical school (which is very hard to get into, although so is dental school) and has yet to get into dental school. But I wish you luck getting in to Louisville:thumbup:

I've been applying to dental school for 6 years now. medical school is a back up. I'm doing well in medical school, but my heart belongs and always has been to dentistry. Sux!

I've been applying to dental school for 6 years now. medical school is a back up. I'm doing well in medical school, but my heart belongs and always has been to dentistry. Sux!

It is very unlikely that anyone will accept you if you are not going to be able to finish the program you are currently in before classes start. I had a similar problem this year.

So i just got an email from U of L saying that i was no longer being considered for admission - but i was on the waitlist. How did i get rejected from the waitlist?:confused: So confused...anyone know what's up?

ugh. I am sorry to hear that. Were you an Out-of-State student? or instate.

You might also wanna call them and see what happened.

So i just got an email from U of L saying that i was no longer being considered for admission - but i was on the waitlist. How did i get rejected from the waitlist?:confused: So confused...anyone know what's up?

I am so sorry to hear. I didn't know they were rejecting those on the waitlist who have already interviewed. I guess they are narrowing down their "NTBC" list.

I received an email Friday from UofL but asking I would like to remain on the "NTBC" list.

Smiling88, which dental school r u trying to go? R you instate or OOS of kentucky.

smiling88- what was your interview date if you don't mind me asking?

denthopeful84- i would call them if i were you, i called there friday and they did not say anything about narrowing down the NTBC list

Congrats to smiling88 and primalcrux on getting accepted! That is a good feeling:highfive:

Smiling88 and primalcrux do you mind sharing your stats I'm still on the NTBC list and I'm just wondering if I was close to you

Smiling88 and primalcrux do you mind sharing your stats I'm still on the NTBC list and I'm just wondering if I was close to you

Hey daunit- hang in there. They pull off the NTCB list up until June 30th. It's not all about stats. Just keep sending them updated materials (i.e. grades, accomplishments, volunteering/shawdowing you have been doing). You're still trying to impress them!

It is definitely not all about stats. My stats are very average at best.

19 AA 20 TS 21 PAT

3.0 overall
3.67 recent (last two years)
3.46 BCP

I have a fairly unique story though, which may have helped. Good luck to you!

It is definitely not all about stats. My stats are very average at best.

19 AA 20 TS 21 PAT

3.0 overall
3.67 recent (last two years)
3.46 BCP

I have a fairly unique story though, which may have helped. Good luck to you!

So.....do you mind telling us what your "fairly unique story" is that may have helped? I am starting to feel like it's almost too late to get in at this point! Not good!!

BAD NEWS or GOOD NEWS first?

Bad News
I will not be attending ULSD because I was accepted at UTDB.

GOOD NEWS
Not sure if they already took me off the roster at ULSD since I never signed onto my email. But I will be calling them to tell them I decline their offer to ULSD. So there may be a spot open. OR should I wait and negotiate my $1000 back or allow one of you to pay me to call them so you dont have to suffer and wait any longer?

Decisions Decisions.

BAD NEWS or GOOD NEWS first?

Bad News
I will not be attending ULSD because I was accepted at UTDB.

GOOD NEWS
Not sure if they already took me off the roster at ULSD since I never signed onto my email. But I will be calling them to tell them I decline their offer to ULSD. So there may be a spot open. OR should I wait and negotiate my $1000 back or allow one of you to pay me to call them so you dont have to suffer and wait any longer?

Decisions Decisions.

I would totally pay the $1000 for that spot haha.. thanks for the update good luck at UTDB

It's a long story so I will just make it brief since this thread is probably not the best place for everyone's story. But I filled out the disadvantaged status section because I come from a single mother with selfish tendencies and we moved every 6 months all through my childhood. I milked that angle to explain my low undergrad GPA and explained how I had to Learn how to learn once I got to college because I was taught to run from problems when they get too hard.

I know bla bla bla right.. But I think it was intriguing enough to 2 out of the 19 schools I applied to in order to get me in front of them for interviews. Once I got the interviews I won 90% of the battle because a 3.0 is dang low.

Also, I am 33 with 4 kids and have a little bit of "life" experience. That may or may not have helped, I don't really know.

So haas anyone heard anything lately? I'm assuming there hasn't been much movement on the ntbc list?

Does anyone here know how easy it would be to plan to stay in Louisville after your first 4 years? I read that about 1/3 of the class stays.

So I'm assuming the class is full, can anyone confirm that?

Congrats to those going to U of L!! You will love it there! The 3A baseball team is on the river front, tons to do, cheap to live, and nice weather all year pretty much... And don't forget the awesome "Thunder over Louisville" every year! Fireworks are incredible and about 1.5million show up for this event each year!
As for where to live, Jeffersontown is a great place. No one lives downtown (not ideal for families for sure). I bought a house for $95k and then sold 4yrs later for $120k. Made all the rent money back and had a 3 bedroom home on about 0.30 acre in a beautiful neighborhood.
Getting in state tuition? Forget about it. They make you sign a form stating that if you get accepted as an out of state student that you agree to pay all 4 yrs out of state tuition even if you become a Kentucky resident. Thanks to my class and the class after mine all jumping through the loophole that got most of us in state tuition, they closed this loophole back in 2000. I graduated in 2001.
As for buddies that did the military... They are making less than the one's who didn't go through the military on the most part. The military is giving you the experience of either placing silver fillings or pulling teeth. No crowns (usually), no veneers, no kid experience. You clock in M-F 8am-5pm and sit around and maybe see 5-6 pts a day. You are on payroll so you have no motivation to see more than that. And 3-4 who go through the military end up overseas. (not bad or good, just info for you.)
Louisville is awesome and such a great place to live. Any questions, feel free to email me.

As for buddies that did the military... They are making less than the one's who didn't go through the military on the most part. The military is giving you the experience of either placing silver fillings or pulling teeth. No crowns (usually), no veneers, no kid experience. You clock in M-F 8am-5pm and sit around and maybe see 5-6 pts a day. You are on payroll so you have no motivation to see more than that. And 3-4 who go through the military end up overseas. (not bad or good, just info for you.)
Louisville is awesome and such a great place to live. Any questions, feel free to email me.
Good advice. But while you do only make around 70K/year in the Military for the 4 years you serve, they cover all your insurance as well as your families. You also escape all loans and come out debt free (or most do). You are also paid $2,000 / month during school and can choose to accept a $20,000 bonus depending on your acceptance. I have found myself much more financially stable than my other classmates. Of course you must understand and come to terms with the four years of sacrifice after school. The part about the actual dental work in the military is basically correct, although we do do crowns, just old school amalgam ones.

Hi Guys,
I have been invited for the interview at louisville and wanted to ask some pointers since y'all have been there before...
1. do they provide materials for the exam?
2. does anyone have notes they can share with me for class II preparation amalgam restoration (tooth #29). Please email me at [email protected]
thanks much

Hello All,

A firend got an interview invitation and i was wondering if some one can PM me the type of questions that they ask you in the interview..

Thanks

:) hi I am invited for an interview at Louisville on 10/31 and 11/01..will you help me about interview questions n practical exams..do we have to bring our own instruments or they are providing? how many seats they have this time for 2012 intake? :confused::confused::confused:

Got into Louisville as well! My wife and I are super excited!

I interviewed Nov 22. I'm the one that was sitting in the front right side...the one whose wife is pregnant. Well, since my interview we found out we're not having just one kid, were having twins! I about fainted (we didn't really want 4 kids yet). And to make it more complicated, the due date is June 18th...a whopping two weeks from July 1st. And to make it even more complicated, my wife usually ends up on bed rest about halfway through the pregnancy. Hmm....there goes whatever semblance of a life I had.

Needless to say, we're pretty nervous.