OFFICIAL YALE COUNTDOWN THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Originally posted by relatively prime
I don't know who I talked to. It sounded like an older woman... she was pretty sure people weren't being called.

I think I know who you're referring too. I hate that woman. I was having problems submitting my application form online and she told me that if I can't submit it online there's nothing they can do. I called back and another lady said I could print, and mail it.

That woman probably says anything for you to leave her alone. I would take her information with a grain of salt. You need to talk to the lady with the high-pitch preppy voice.:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

Ok... but I'm still not convinced they're calling people. So far your bro is the only one claiming to have been called. Maybe he was just special for some reason. If Yale were really calling people... more SDNers would claim that they've been called. Apparently, not one SDNer has been called today. That makes me think that if your brother was called... there was some reason why he was called... but that generally, yale is not calling people.

Well, that totally blows. UMGrad said we'd get an early surprise so I assumed he got a phone call, how else would he know we'd get an early surprise?

Decisions aren't sent out till the 24th so he couldn't have recieved a letter......or maybe he got an e-mail? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH headache :laugh:

Forget it, all this anticipation is making me have high blood pressure, I'm going to watch MTV and just wait for the letter. So anyone who claims they got accepted early, AT LEAST tell us how and not drop hints

(no offense UMGrad) :p

Members don't see this ad :)
umm, check this rest of this thread, this countdown is a year old. locitmd and UMgrad got in last year and apparently GO to Yale. Just thought I'd point that out to you ;)

Originally posted by DW
umm, check this rest of this thread, this countdown is a year old. locitmd and UMgrad got in last year and apparently GO to Yale. Just thought I'd point that out to you ;)

I am glad someone figured it out. BTW Congrats DW on your Cornell acceptance.

Sorry for the confusion folks, UMgrad and I are at Yale and we were just poking fun at one another. We've been keeping an eye on this thread just to keep tabs and root for you all. Everyone is excited about next year's class, so we're just as anxious (alright, maybe not quite as anxious ;)) as you are, which is why we're lurking in here.

This is NOT official information at all, but I have not heard about the admission's office making any calls. My guess is that you'll hear via mail on or a few days after the date they promised. Hang tight, you've made it this far...

Best of luck to you all,
locita

P.S. Habari, I still owe you a PM - I haven't forgotten.

I have to admit, I was getting a little worried there :D

Originally posted by DragonM
I think I know who you're referring too. I hate that woman. I was having problems submitting my application form online and she told me that if I can't submit it online there's nothing they can do. I called back and another lady said I could print, and mail it.

That woman probably says anything for you to leave her alone. I would take her information with a grain of salt. You need to talk to the lady with the high-pitch preppy voice.:rolleyes:

the "high-pitched pretty voice" lady is veronica. she was pretty nice when i called. even offered to check my application status. she def seems on top of things. hey folks, bump up one of the half dozen "official yale 2002-2003 countdown" threads or post in my "unofficial yale countdown" thread. :D it'll avoid confusion from last year.

Hey folks, just received an e-mail from Director Silverman notifying me of my acceptance! It says my acceptance letter was mailed yesterday - so be on the lookout.

Waitlisted. How aggravating!

Yale is definitely my number one choice though, does anyone know if their list is ranked? And will writing letters to Dr. Silverman help??

congrats to all those accepted!