OMFS Internship Opportunities - POST HERE ONLY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey everyone. This post is for those of you who are planning to spend a gap year after dental school before going into OMFS, dental anesthesiology, or even working towards doing sedation in your dental practice someday (privileges are state-dependent)... I want to share an available opportunity and my personal experience with the program.

I am at the tail end of completing a 1-year "fellowship" in anesthesia with Indiana University School of Medicine. There are 1 or 2 positions available each year and they are still looking for applicants, so I want to put the word out. Just to preface, I matched into OMFS this year at my top choice, and I truly believe my unique clinical experience gave me something that stood out. Here's my journey to matching...

I planned to study for my CBSE before applying to OMFS, so I did a 1-year non-cat oral surgery internship. I cannot say enough great things about the year transitioning from dental into OMFS, however, managing time to study CBSE and balance being a solid intern was challenging. I then decided to do the 1-year anesthesia fellowship and continue to study for my CBSE before applying for surgery.

The internship is Monday through Friday for 1 year- the time I finish each day is variable, but usually between 3-5 pm. A huge plus is no call and no weekends. It's paid PGY1 ($57,174.00) and you function as a 1st-year general anesthesia resident. That means that I set up the OR, pre-op my patients, touch base with the anesthesiologist that's going to staff my case about my plan, the staff comes in the OR when I induce and I throw in either an LMA or ETT, staff leaves and I run the case, then I call staff when I'm ready to extubate. I also go to lecture with the 1st year general anesthesia residents, which is once every week. You work the entire year at Eskenazi Hospital. The attendings are awesome in the sense that you can get as much as you truly want out of the program. You learn to transfuse, place IVs, place ART lines, get comfortable with pharmacology, physiology, airway management, and if you want, have the ability to rotate on Acute Pain Service using ultrasound to learn/do regional anesthesia like axillary blocks, spinals, etc. Cases that I most regularly do anesthesia for range from ophthalmology, plastic surgery, ortho, ENT, general surgery, gynecology.

This program allowed me ample time to study for CBSE, and ultimately attain my ultimate goal of matching into OMFS-- all while feeling extremley comfortable with airway management. I've kept a log thus far and have done 300+ MAC sedations (meaning anything not "general anesthesia" from versed/fentanyl/propofol drip etc that doesn't need an LMA or ETT). I've also done over 200 General Anesthesia cases with ~75 of them LMA and ~150 of them ETT. I also help train the paramedic students, medical students, and AA students in the OR that rotate through Eskenazi hospital.

I truly believe this program is a hidden gem.
You can also call Anita, who coordinates the program, at 317 880 5385 or e-mail [email protected]
Feel free to message me, and I'd be willing to answer any more questions about my experience through sdn inbox or even a telephone call if you'd like!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 10 users
Hey everyone. This post is for those of you who are planning to spend a gap year after dental school before going into OMFS, dental anesthesiology, or even working towards doing sedation in your dental practice someday (privileges are state-dependent)... I want to share an available opportunity and my personal experience with the program.

I am at the tail end of completing a 1-year "fellowship" in anesthesia with Indiana University School of Medicine. There are 1 or 2 positions available each year and they are still looking for applicants, so I want to put the word out. Just to preface, I matched into OMFS this year at my top choice, and I truly believe my unique clinical experience gave me something that stood out. Here's my journey to matching...

I planned to study for my CBSE before applying to OMFS, so I did a 1-year non-cat oral surgery internship. I cannot say enough great things about the year transitioning from dental into OMFS, however, managing time to study CBSE and balance being a solid intern was challenging. I then decided to do the 1-year anesthesia fellowship and continue to study for my CBSE before applying for surgery.

The internship is Monday through Friday for 1 year- the time I finish each day is variable, but usually between 3-5 pm. A huge plus is no call and no weekends. It's paid PGY1 ($57,174.00) and you function as a 1st-year general anesthesia resident. That means that I set up the OR, pre-op my patients, touch base with the anesthesiologist that's going to staff my case about my plan, the staff comes in the OR when I induce and I throw in either an LMA or ETT, staff leaves and I run the case, then I call staff when I'm ready to extubate. I also go to lecture with the 1st year general anesthesia residents, which is once every week. You work the entire year at Eskenazi Hospital. The attendings are awesome in the sense that you can get as much as you truly want out of the program. You learn to transfuse, place IVs, place ART lines, get comfortable with pharmacology, physiology, airway management, and if you want, have the ability to rotate on Acute Pain Service using ultrasound to learn/do regional anesthesia like axillary blocks, spinals, etc. Cases that I most regularly do anesthesia for range from ophthalmology, plastic surgery, ortho, ENT, general surgery, gynecology.

This program allowed me ample time to study for CBSE, and ultimately attain my ultimate goal of matching into OMFS-- all while feeling extremley comfortable with airway management. I've kept a log thus far and have done 300+ MAC sedations (meaning anything not "general anesthesia" from versed/fentanyl/propofol drip etc that doesn't need an LMA or ETT). I've also done over 200 General Anesthesia cases with ~75 of them LMA and ~150 of them ETT. I also help train the paramedic students, medical students, and AA students in the OR that rotate through Eskenazi hospital.

You can also call Anita, who coordinates the program, at 317 880 5385 or e-mail [email protected]
Feel free to message me, and I'd be willing to answer any more questions about my experience through sdn inbox or even a telephone call if you'd like!
This is great, thank you for posting this! I have always wanted someone to write about their experience at Indiana because I figured it was a very valuable year, but never actually heard from someone who did it. Congratulations on OMFS!

Reactions: 2 users
Hello there,
I wanted to ask if anyone has the books for cbse or pdfs to download
I would appreciate the help

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello
I am general dentist applying for internships this year.
can anyone give me more information about case western reserves internship program. I am applying next year and wanted to know how much hands on experience you get
also if i can get help in figuring out what programs lets the interns have a lot of hands on experience in placement of implants and wisdom molar extraction.
also was curious if we receive a certificate of completion of internship and sedation certification from internship?
Thank you

Yes, this sounds outstanding. Good luck going forward!

PM sent, thanks!

Harlem Hospital Center Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery is looking for 1-2 interns for July 1, 2020.

If you have any interest please contact Dr. James King via email at [email protected] or telephone at (347)680-6529. Thank you.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, this sounds outstanding. Good luck going forward!

Thank you for this information. Is this the only 1 year program available? It seems like all other programs are strictly 3 year residency programs.

Thank you for this information. Is this the only 1 year program available? It seems like all other programs are strictly 3 year residency programs.

It is a fellowship or rather an internship, not a residency.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

One year is the ideal time for anesthesia training for what we do.

I was fortunate to know Dr. Adrian Hubbell, a Mayo Clinic oral surgery alumnus, who was the first oral surgery resident in the USA to do an anesthesia rotation in the late 1930s. He did one full year of medical anesthesia at Mayo.

He went out to Long Beach, California after his training and pioneered outpatient general anesthesia for oral surgery. Using thiopental (a precursor to propofol), he would anesthetize 55 patients a day, 6 days a week. He gave lectures nationwide on his techniques.

He told me that he thought that dentistry’s biggest failure was not continuing its aggressive anesthesia presence over the entire profession.

It is important to remember that anesthesia was a dental invention. It was first practiced by dentists for dental procedures before it was done for medical procedures.

The first public demonstration of an anesthetic was performed by dentist at the Massachusetts general hospital by William T. G. Morton. He administered ether to a patient, and a surgeon removed a tumor from the patient’s neck.

Two weeks before that, he had used ether to anesthetize a patient for an odontectomy.

Reactions: 4 users
It is a fellowship or rather an internship, not a residency.

I know that. I was asking if there are other 1 year fellowship programs available.

I know that. I was asking if there are other 1 year fellowship programs available.

You stated that all the other programs are 3 years so I thought you thought they were comparable.

Reactions: 1 users

That’s the only one that’s advertised. Unless something has changed in the past year.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Internship opportunity for July 1, 2019 - June 30, 2020:

There is ONE position now open. Please email ASAP if you have interest in this position.

The Mount Sinai Beth Israel Medical Center / Mount Sinai West / Jacobi Medical Center / Albert Einstein College of Medicine Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency Program annually offers several OMFS internship positions. These one year positions are designed for the candidates that are genuinely interested in pursuing an OMFS residency and would like to experience a full scope OMFS residency.

Duties will include: clinic coverage, on call coverage, ER, OR and inpatient management of OMFS patients. Interns will also attend all didactic departmental conferences.

MSBI/MSW/Jacobi/AECOM sponsors a 6 year OMFS program with 2 resident positions / year. The North Bronx Healthcare Network (Jacobi and North Central Bronx Hospital) where the intern will spend the majority of his/her time, encompasses a busy Level 1 Trauma Center in the Eastern Bronx. Our residents (GPR, Pediatric Dentistry, and OMFS) manage over 35,000 out-patient visits per year. In addition to our 6-year residents, we annually accept several OMFS interns. The OMFS interns are an integral part of the patient care team. The majority of our past interns were successful in matching with OMFS programs immediately following completion of the internship.

Successful candidates will be bright, self-motivated and eager to become part of a dynamic OMFS team. Additionally they will have completed at least a PGY-1 GPR or AEGD before the start of the program. The OMFS internships are fully funded positions. Salaries start at the PGY-2 level.

If you have applied to our residency program, we can simply activate your existing application for consideration immediately following the match. If you have not previously applied to our program, please email your CV and any available academic information (transcripts etc.). Interested parties should contact our departmental administrator Teresa Ortigoza ([email protected])

MetroHealth Medical Center: Cleveland, OH

Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Internship Opportunity for July 1, 2019 - June 30, 2020 (July 1st start date is flexible given timing)

There is ONE position now open. Please email [email protected] as soon as possible if you are interested. This is a paid position.

MetroHealth Medical Center department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery is looking to fill a one year internship position as soon as possible. MetroHealth offers two positions every year, and the interns will be joined by rotating residents from our affiliate program at Case Western Reserve University.

Duties will include:
-Working in the outpatient oral surgery clinic doing routine dentoalveolar surgeries (extractions, biopsies, tori removal, etc)
-Assisting and running sedations with attendings
-Taking call (trauma and infection call) on a roughly q3-4 basis (with backup from upper level residents at all times)
-OR and inpatient management of OMFS patients
-Interns are also to attend all didactic departmental conferences and are invited to join Case Western conferences as well

Our hospital covers facial trauma every third month split with ENT and Plastics. There is a GPR that is responsible for all primary dental call and small infections. Our clinic has access to an outpatient surgery center for advanced or complicated dentoalveolar cases where interns are invited and encouraged to operate. There are two full-time attendings who practice full-scope oral and maxillofacial surgery including trauma, pathology, TMJ and reconstruction.

If you are interested or have any questions please contact Dr. Martinez at [email protected]

Parkland/UTSW Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Non-categorical intern position IMMEDIATELY available through 6/30/2021

Duties include:
-Outpatient clinic (point-and-pull, biopsies, sedations, OR pre/post op)
-Floor work (rounding, managing in-patients, orders, etc)
-q3-5 call (1/3rd of nights are face call)
-Covering two level one trauma centers (Children's Dallas and Parkland)
-Operating room assisting

Excellent didactic schedule that encourages self directed learning as well as formal lectures by faculty, guest lecturers and upper-level resident.

Interested persons please visit the link below and contact our program coordinator, Anita Olmedo.

Anita Olmedo
Residency Program Coordinator
Phone: 214-645-3979
Fax: 214-648-7620
[email protected]

Thanks!

The Mount Sinai Beth Israel Medical Center / Mount Sinai West / Jacobi Medical Center / Albert Einstein College of Medicine Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency Program annually offers several OMFS internship positions. These one year positions are designed for the candidates that are genuinely interested in pursuing an OMFS residency and would like to experience a full scope OMFS residency.

Duties will include: clinic coverage, on call coverage, ER, OR and inpatient management of OMFS patients. Interns will also attend all didactic conferences.

MSBI / MSW / Jacobi / AECOM sponsors a 6 year OMFS program with 2 resident positions / year. The North Bronx Healthcare Network (Jacobi and North Central Bronx Hospital) where the intern will spend the majority of his/her time, encompasses a busy Level 1 Trauma Center in the Eastern Bronx. Our residents (GPR, Pediatric Dentistry, and OMFS) manage over 35,000 out-patient visits per year. In addition to our 6-year residents, we annually accept several OMFS interns. The OMFS interns are an integral part of the patient care team. The majority of our past interns were successful in matching with OMFS programs immediately following completion of the internship.

Successful candidates will be bright, self-motivated and eager to become part of a dynamic OMFS team. Additionally, they MUST have completed at least a PGY-1 GPR or AEGD before the start of the program. The OMFS internships are fully funded positions. Salaries start at the PGY-2 level.

To be considered, please email your CV and any available academic information (transcripts etc). Interested parties should email our departmental administrator Teresa Ortigoza ([email protected]).

The University of Minnesota School of Dentistry is accepting applications for a 1 year Non-categorical internship in the Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. The position will start July 1st, 2021 and finish June 30th, 2022.

Duties include:
- 4 days a week outpatient clinic responsibilities shared with 2-3 PGY-1 residents that encompass dentoalveolar, implant, biopsy and consults
- 1 days a week individual practice at a FQHC (CUHCC Clinic) providing OS services
- At home Hospital call coverage 7-10 days per month for the University of Minnesota Medical Center and Masonic Children’s Hospital. Both are level 2 trauma centers
- Daily responsibilities will include rounding on in-patients, managing a busy clinic schedule, providing surgical services in the clinic setting, teaching/clinic coverage at the predoctoral dental student level, and participation in all resident activities including continuing dental education.

Non-categorical Intern receives OR experiences as well, both during the work week and after hours.

The division will provide an excellent didactic curriculum that encourages self-directed learning as well as formal lectures by faculty, guest lecturers and resident driven lectures.

A candidate must have the ability to obtain a full, un-restricted dental license in the state of Minnesota. Costs of licensure, DEA and any required privileges may be provided by the Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.

Excellent candidates will be motivated, intelligent and self-starters as this position requires the ability to practice independently at the FQHC one day per week.

Non-categorical interns are allowed to apply for Advanced Training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the University of Minnesota School of Dentistry.

Interested persons please contact our program coordinator Mrs. Chelsey Favretto ([email protected]) or visit our website at www.dentistry.umn.edu/degrees-programs/advanced-education-programs/oral-maxillofacial-surgery for more contact and program information.

University of Pennsylvania Health System
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Internship

IMMEDIATELY available one-year non-categorical internship in the Dept of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery for DMD/DDS graduates of an accredited US dental school. This is the internship affiliated with the University of Pennsylvania Health System (Penn Medicine), Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, and the School of Dental Medicine.

Please e-mail our program coordinator, Ms. Mai Dang, at [email protected] or call 215-360-0446 for more information.

Thanks for your attention.

Last edited:
University of Illinois at Chicago
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Internship

(Immediately Available) Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 1-year Non-categorical Internship - University of Illinois at Chicago

One position is immediately available for a 1-year non-categorical internship. Graduates of a CODA-accredited dental school with a DDS/DMD degree, eligible for licensure in Illinois are eligible to apply. The non-categorical intern will function as a PGY-1 resident, both in inpatient and outpatient settings, and will receive a PGY-1 stipend.

To apply, or for any questions, please e-mail Program Director Dr. Michael Han ([email protected]).

------------------------
UIC Program Website: Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery | University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) College of Dentistry
SDN Post: ***Official - University of Illinois Chicago (UIC) OMFS Residency***

The University at Buffalo, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Program is accepting applications for a 1-year Non-categorical internship in the Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. There are 3 available positions which will start July 1st, 2021 and finish June 30th, 2022.

Non-categorical intern responsibilities are identical to the responsibilities of the categorical interns aside from any responsibilities to the medical school. Non-categorical and categorical interns are treated exactly the same:

· Coverage of our two main clinics at UB School of Dental Medicine and the Erie County Medical Center, as well as our Craniofacial clinic at Oishei Children’s Hospital

· Rounding on inpatients and managing their care

· Taking primary call

· Instructing and supervising dental students in the predoctoral Oral Surgery clinic at UB School of Dental Medicine

· Involvement in operating room cases at Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center, Oishei Children’s Hospital, and ECMC

· Involvement in all UB OMFS didactic activities

Scope:

UB OMFS is a truly full-scope OMFS program and you will be exposed to everything an OMFS can do including head and neck oncologic surgery, management of benign pathology, microvascular reconstructive surgery, craniofacial and cleft surgery, orthognathic surgery, management of facial trauma, dentoalveolar surgery, implant surgery, and TMJ surgery. We currently operate at Erie County Medical Center, Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center, and Oishei Children’s Hospital and there will almost always be an intern involved in each case.

Call:

Call is taken primarily at Erie County Medical Center which is the only level I trauma center in Western New York. Interns will split primary call each month which translates to q4-5 day call with a senior resident as backup. OMFS covers odontogenic/deep neck space infection call 24/7/365 with the GPR residents covering dental trauma and minor infections. Facial trauma call is split evenly with our ENT colleagues. We take facial trauma call every other day.

Didactics:

Didactics are an important part of the program. Conferences are usually held in the morning prior to any clinical responsibilities and include weekly case conferences, weekly literature reviews, monthly OMFS-Orthodontics multidisciplinary conferences, and weekly Grand Round conferences. All residents are required to create presentations for these conferences and present throughout the year.

Salary/Benefits:

The PGY-1 Salary for 2021-2022 is $54,723. Interns also receive excellent health insurance at no additional cost. A full description of the benefits can be found here: Salary and Benefits

If you want to learn more about or apply to our non-categorical internship, the website is: Non-categorical Internship. Feel free to contact Dr. Cronyn at [email protected] with any questions.

Last edited:
St. Christopher's Hospital for Children and Pennsylvania Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery is seeking three one year non categorical OMFS Internship positions for the 2021-2022 academic year. St. Christopher's and PennOMS are seeking qualified individuals who are interested and motivated to pursue a career in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.

The OMFS program at the STC practices pediatric oral and maxillofacial surgery, with emphasis on maxillofacial trauma, orthognathics, benign pathology, and dento-alveolar surgery, additionally time will be spent with PennOMS practicing full-scope OMFS. As a non categorical resident you will function as a first year resident. You will take call, work in the outpatient clinics and attend cases in the OR.

Interns will receive the salary and benefits of a categorical PGY1 resident.

In order to apply, the following documents will be required:

1) CV
2) CBSE score
3) NBDE 1 and 2 scores
4) Dental School Diploma (if available)
5) Dental School transcript
6) Letters of recommendation

Please send your information to [email protected] along with any questions you may have.

MetroHealth Medical Center: Cleveland, OH

Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Internship Opportunity for July 1, 2021 - June 30, 2022

There are 2 positions now open, this position is Paid.

Please email Dr. Alan Martinez ([email protected]) if you are interested

MetroHealth Medical Center department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery is looking to fill a one year internship position. MetroHealth offers two positions every year, and the interns will be joined by rotating senior level residents from our affiliate program at Case Western Reserve University.

Our department has 3 attendings who practice full scope OMFS (Trauma, Pathology, Orthognathic, TMJ, etc)

Responsibilities include:

• Working the MetroHealth outpatient OMFS clinic
    • Performing dentoalveolar procedures (Extractions, biopsies, tori removal, etc)
    • Assisting and performing sedations with attendings
    • Seeing consults and follow ups of maxillofacial surgery patients (Trauma, Path, etc)
  • Taking primary call
    • Roughly Q3-4 primary call
      • This is split amongst the other intern and rotating CWRU OMFS residents
    • Trauma call every 3rd week (Trauma call is divided with OMFS, ENT and Plastics)
      • MetroHealth is a level 1 trauma center
    • Odontogenic infection call daily (There is a hospital GPR that covers first call for all dental concerns and small odontogenic infections)
  • Operating Room Experience
    • Main OR
    • Assisting on major maxillofacial surgery cases with attending and a senior level resident (Trauma, Pathology, Orthognathic, TMJ, etc)
    • Ambulatory Surgery Center
    • One on one experience with attendings on dentoalveolar procedures and small path cases performed in surgery center (3rds, FME, Tori Removal, Expose and Bonds, Enucleation and Curretage of cysts)
    • We have extensive block time at the ASC, you will leave this year feeling very comfortable with all dentoalveolar procedures
  • Inpatient Management of Patients
    • Learn how to perioperatively manage patients after major maxillofacial surgery
    • You will round with the upper level resident on inpatients and assist in their management

If you are interested please email your CV and CBSE score to Dr. Martinez at [email protected]

The University of Texas Medical Branch Galveston Non-Categorical Internship 2020-2021

We are currently taking applications for our internship position for the 2020-2021 year. We are a 4-year, full scope OMFS program. Currently, we accept one resident and one non-categorical intern per year.

Program Overview
- facial trauma, malignant & benign pathology, free tissue transfer, surgical airway, implants, maxillofacial infections, dentoalveolar, and orthognathics
- function as OMFS resident in tight knit program. 12 months on service. Responsibilities include IV sedation, dentoalveolar, call, infections, trauma and assists on important cases
- Call is rotated between the intern, 2nd year resident, and 3rd year resident
  • Call for facial injury is rotated every 3rd day with OMFS, Plastics, ENT
Additional Information
- Weekly didactic schedule includes lectures given by both faculty and residents
- Dedicated OR on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, Clinics also run M-F
- Salaried position with full benefits
- Need ability for Texas Dental License

Please send CV to program coordinator, Rotesha Buckley, at [email protected]

Welcome to Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

UPDATE - All spots have been filled for the 2021-2022 Academic year. Thank you for your interest.

John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth has five non-categorical internship positions open.

Please visit the JPS OMS Internship page and email your complete application to Cortney Moore at [email protected].

Last edited:
We have a 100% Match rate for our interns in the past 5 years. Apply for our two nono-categorical OMFS internships - [email protected]

The one-year pre-residency program focuses on training new dental graduates in minor oral and maxillofacial surgery, including dentoalveolar surgery, preprosthetic surgery, dentoalveolar trauma, management of odontogenic infections, exposure to dental implants, and management of the medically compromised patient. In addition, the interns cover call with clinical responsibilities similar to the PGY-1 resident. The Department offers two Internships in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery annually. The Internship is full-time with a monthly stipend, and begins July 1st and ends June 30th. The Residency Program Director who oversees the internship program is Dr. Andrew Read-Fuller.

Objectives:​

• Increased working knowledge of advanced surgical techniques.
  • Enhanced working knowledge of and experience in managing surgical complications.
  • Develop a high level of surgical competence in managing compromised patients.
  • Increase in exposure to interdisciplinary treatment planning associated with dental implants.
  • Increased exposure to interdisciplinary treatment planning.

Application and Admission Information​

Eligibility is limited to candidates who are U.S. Citizens or U.S. Permanent Residents and have earned a DDS or DMD degree from a U.S. Dental School accredited by the American Dental Association Commission on Dental Accreditation.

All applicants must be submit an application through the Postdoctoral Application Support Service PASS. All items listed on the application checklist must be submitted. Only complete applications will be considered.

Selection Criteria​

Admission to the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Internship Program is competitive, with initial screening of candidates based upon previous academic performance, letters of recommendation, and professional experience. Interns will be chosen based upon the factors described above, and the results of a personal interview with the program director and program faculty.

Additional Information​

Phone: 214-828-8170
Email: [email protected]

Cambridge, OH Private Practice Opportunity in Oral Surgery - 1 year private practice position

Start Date: 7/1/2021

Opportunity for a general dentist interested in pursuing a career in oral maxillofacial surgery. The position is available at Muskingum Valley Oral Surgery with locations in Cambridge, OH and Marietta, OH. Immediate supervisor is Dr. Jeffery Lee, who is a board certified oral surgeon and practice owner.

Dr. Lee is seeking a previous oral surgery applicant with a minimum of two years oral surgery internship experience or GPR experience extracting teeth. Special consideration will be given to those who are eligible to obtain a conscious sedation permit in the state of Ohio. Applicants must be eligible for a full dental license in the state of Ohio.

Opportunity to gain experience in the pace and ins and outs of a private practice oral surgery office while being provided ample time to study and improve CBSE score.

Scope of practice includes routine and complex exodontia, pre-prosthetic procedures, and impacted third molar extractions. Many of the patients you will work with require same day consultation and extraction procedures.

This is a great opportunity for a motivated individual that is interested in learning more about private practice oral surgery while having the time and flexibility to improve their CBSE score and reapply to OMFS residency programs.

Based on my experience it is a great opportunity to improve your dental alveolar skillset and learn from an excellent mentor. I was afforded as much time as I needed to study for the CBSE, which I worked half days for 3-4 weeks leading up to the test. It cannot be underestimated how much your dentoalveolar skillset will improve over the course of your year with Dr. Lee. He takes the time review cases with you should you have questions. There is something to be said about a mentor that has the time and ability to review cases with you allowing you to tap into his ~20 years of experience in the field.

I would not trade my time with Dr. Lee for anything because the experience gave me the tools to become a better person, a better surgeon, and allowed me to match to an oral surgery residency program after failing to match multiple times.

A major perk of the position is that Dr. Lee owns the rental property adjacent to the practice that would be available to live in.

Interested applicants please email your CV to [email protected].

NEW YORK STATE OMFS INTERNS - DENTAL LICENSING

The New York state board has mandated that all interns must receive a fully credentialed New York State Dental License and that a Limited Permit is no longer acceptable. They are in the beginning stages of checking the legality of all intern positions within the state. This being said, it will leave a substantial void in the licensing process for a NY intern, as most incoming interns will be coming directly from dental school or from another OMFS internship, both of which do not qualify for a New York State Dental License. As it stands, the only applicable way to become licensed for a NY internship is by previous completion of an accredited GPR or 2 years of dental experience outside of the state (endorsement).

I am curious as to how many incoming interns this could affect and what the board plans on doing about this gap in licensure ability. Any information regarding this issue would be a tremendous help. If there is a better forum to place this inquire in please advise.

Link/reference?

NEW YORK STATE OMFS INTERNS - DENTAL LICENSING

The New York state board has mandated that all interns must receive a fully credentialed New York State Dental License and that a Limited Permit is no longer acceptable. They are in the beginning stages of checking the legality of all intern positions within the state. This being said, it will leave a substantial void in the licensing process for a NY intern, as most incoming interns will be coming directly from dental school or from another OMFS internship, both of which do not qualify for a New York State Dental License. As it stands, the only applicable way to become licensed for a NY internship is by previous completion of an accredited GPR or 2 years of dental experience outside of the state (endorsement).

I am curious as to how many incoming interns this could affect and what the board plans on doing about this gap in licensure ability. Any information regarding this issue would be a tremendous help. If there is a better forum to place this inquire in please advise.

Link/reference?
Started a seperate thread: NEW YORK STATE OMFS INTERNS - DENTAL LICENSING

Directly from the NY Dental License processor and board who state that they do not accept a limited permit for any intern positions (they state that they never have and that those that are currently practicing in that capacity are doing so illegally). However, like stated above, there are no other current license options except a full dental license which most do not qualify for. I am starting this conversation, not to stir anything up, but because it has to effect a multitude of current/future interns as well as the programs they intend to work for and needs to be addressed at the board level to give viable licensing options for this category of student.

Harlem Hospital Center Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery is looking for 1-2 non-categorical interns for July 1, 2021.

If you have any interest please contact Dr. James King via email at [email protected]. Thank you.

Cambridge, OH Private Practice Opportunity in Oral Surgery - 1 year private practice position

Start Date: 7/1/2021

Opportunity for a general dentist interested in pursuing a career in oral maxillofacial surgery. The position is available at Muskingum Valley Oral Surgery with locations in Cambridge, OH and Marietta, OH. Immediate supervisor is Dr. Jeffery Lee, who is a board certified oral surgeon and practice owner.

Dr. Lee is seeking a previous oral surgery applicant with a minimum of two years oral surgery internship experience or GPR experience extracting teeth. Special consideration will be given to those who are eligible to obtain a conscious sedation permit in the state of Ohio. Applicants must be eligible for a full dental license in the state of Ohio.

Opportunity to gain experience in the pace and ins and outs of a private practice oral surgery office while being provided ample time to study and improve CBSE score.

Scope of practice includes routine and complex exodontia, pre-prosthetic procedures, and impacted third molar extractions. Many of the patients you will work with require same day consultation and extraction procedures.

This is a great opportunity for a motivated individual that is interested in learning more about private practice oral surgery while having the time and flexibility to improve their CBSE score and reapply to OMFS residency programs.

Based on my experience it is a great opportunity to improve your dental alveolar skillset and learn from an excellent mentor. I was afforded as much time as I needed to study for the CBSE, which I worked half days for 3-4 weeks leading up to the test. It cannot be underestimated how much your dentoalveolar skillset will improve over the course of your year with Dr. Lee. He takes the time review cases with you should you have questions. There is something to be said about a mentor that has the time and ability to review cases with you allowing you to tap into his ~20 years of experience in the field.

I would not trade my time with Dr. Lee for anything because the experience gave me the tools to become a better person, a better surgeon, and allowed me to match to an oral surgery residency program after failing to match multiple times.

A major perk of the position is that Dr. Lee owns the rental property adjacent to the practice that would be available to live in.

Interested applicants please email your CV to [email protected].
How much is the salary? it looks like you're looking for someone to hire not an intern.

The Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery department at University of Maryland has a non-categorical internship position available for the 2021-2022 year. We are looking for a motivated OMFS applicant at a busy, operative heavy program. We have 2x6-year categorical and 1x4-year categorical spots at our program. Our noncategorical interns typically match the next year into the program of their choice.
The scope at our program includes head and neck cancer with microvascular reconstruction, orthognathic surgery, trauma surgery, temporomandibular joint surgery, benign pathology, cleft and craniofacial, dentoalveolar/sedations. Categorical and noncategorical interns have the same responsibilities which include covering clinics at both the hospital and dental school, assisting in operating room, day to day in patient management, covering call and OMFS hospital consultations. Our service covers maxillofacial trauma at the world renowned R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center.
Here at Maryland we have tried hard to create a family and team centered environment. We will hopefully be able to provide you with experience and guidance for a smooth transition into residency.

If you have more questions regarding the day to day life of an intern, life in Maryland, questions about residency in general please don't hesitate to contact us.

Chris Cook- [email protected]

The University at Buffalo, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Program is accepting applications for a 1-year Non-categorical internship in the Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. There is 1 available position which will start July 1st, 2021 and finish June 30th, 2022.

All prospective applicants must be eligible for New York State Dental licensure (completion of a 1-year postgraduate dental residency).

Non-categorical intern responsibilities are identical to the responsibilities of the categorical interns aside from any responsibilities to the medical school. Non-categorical and categorical interns are treated exactly the same:

· Coverage of our two main clinics at UB School of Dental Medicine and the Erie County Medical Center, as well as our Craniofacial clinic at Oishei Children’s Hospital

· Rounding on inpatients and managing their care

· Taking primary call

· Instructing and supervising dental students in the predoctoral Oral Surgery clinic at UB School of Dental Medicine

· Involvement in operating room cases at Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center, Oishei Children’s Hospital, and ECMC

· Involvement in all UB OMFS didactic activities

Scope:

UB OMFS is a truly full-scope OMFS program and you will be exposed to everything an OMFS can do including head and neck oncologic surgery, management of benign pathology, microvascular reconstructive surgery, craniofacial and cleft surgery, orthognathic surgery, management of facial trauma, dentoalveolar surgery, implant surgery, and TMJ surgery. We currently operate at Erie County Medical Center, Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center, and Oishei Children’s Hospital and there will almost always be an intern involved in each case.

Call:

Call is taken primarily at Erie County Medical Center which is the only level I trauma center in Western New York. Interns will split primary call each month which translates to q4-5 day call with a senior resident as backup. OMFS covers odontogenic/deep neck space infection call 24/7/365 with the GPR residents covering dental trauma and minor infections. Facial trauma call is split evenly with our ENT colleagues. We take facial trauma call every other day.

Didactics:

Didactics are an important part of the program. Conferences are usually held in the morning prior to any clinical responsibilities and include weekly case conferences, weekly literature reviews, monthly OMFS-Orthodontics multidisciplinary conferences, and weekly Grand Round conferences. All residents are required to create presentations for these conferences and present throughout the year.

Salary/Benefits:

The PGY-1 Salary for 2021-2022 is $54,723. Interns also receive excellent health insurance at no additional cost. A full description of the benefits can be found here: Salary and Benefits

If you want to learn more about or apply to our non-categorical internship, the website is: Non-categorical Internship. Feel free to contact Dr. Cronyn at [email protected] with any questions.

We are adding an OMFS Non-categorical Internship spot

100% of our interns have matched for the past 5 years

The one-year pre-residency program focuses on training new dental graduates in minor oral and maxillofacial surgery, including dentoalveolar surgery, preprosthetic surgery, dentoalveolar trauma, management of odontogenic infections, exposure to dental implants, and management of the medically compromised patient. In addition, the interns cover call with clinical responsibilities similar to the PGY-1 resident. The Internship is full-time with a monthly stipend and full benefits from day-1. This position will be from August 1, 2021 through June 30, 2022. The Residency Program Director who oversees the internship program is Dr. Andrew Read-Fuller.

Objectives:​

• Increased working knowledge of advanced surgical techniques.
  • Enhanced working knowledge of and experience in managing surgical complications.
  • Develop a high level of surgical competence in managing compromised patients.
  • Increase in exposure to interdisciplinary treatment planning associated with dental implants.
  • Increased exposure to interdisciplinary treatment planning.

Application and Admission Information​

Eligibility is limited to candidates who are U.S. Citizens or U.S. Permanent Residents and have earned a DDS or DMD degree from a U.S. Dental School accredited by the American Dental Association Commission on Dental Accreditation.

Submit your CV, Letter of Interest, CBSE score report, unofficial transcripts, Letters of Recommendation, and if applicable, an ADEA PASS ID

Selection Criteria​

Admission to the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Internship Program is competitive, with the initial screening of candidates based upon previous academic performance, letters of recommendation, and professional experience. Interns will be chosen based upon the factors described above, and the results of a personal interview with the program director and program faculty.

Additional Information​

Phone: 214-828-8170
Email: [email protected]

Harlem Hospital Center Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery has an opening for a non-categorical intern position to start ASAP.

Applicants must have a valid NY state dental license. If you have any interest please contact Dr. James King via email at [email protected]. Thank you.

Mount Sinai

Jacobi Medical Center

Albert Einstein College of Medicine

Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Internship

July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2023

The Mount Sinai / Jacobi Medical Center / Albert Einstein College of Medicine Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency Program annually offers several OMFS internship positions. These one year positions are designed for the candidates that are genuinely interested in pursuing an OMFS residency and would like to experience a full scope OMFS residency.

Duties will include: clinic coverage, on call coverage, ER, OR and inpatient management of OMFS patients. Interns will also attend all didactic departmental conferences.

Mount Sinai / Jacobi /AECOM sponsors a 6 year OMFS program with 4 resident positions / year. Our interns will spend the majority of their time at Jacobi Medical Center and North Central Bronx (NCB) Hospital. Jacobi is a busy Level 1 Trauma Center in the Eastern Bronx and NCB is a level II trauma center with a busy out-patient service. Our residents (GPR, Pediatric Dentistry, and OMFS) manage over 35,000 out-patient visits per year. The OMFS interns are an integral part of the patient care team. The majority of our past interns were successful in matching with OMFS programs immediately following completion of the internship.

Successful candidates will be bright, self-motivated and eager to become part of a dynamic OMFS team. Additionally, applicants must have completed at least a PGY-1 GPR or AEGD before the start of the program. The OMFS internships are fully funded positions. Salaries start at the PGY-2 level.

If you have applied to our residency program, we can simply activate your existing application for consideration immediately following the match. If you have not previously applied to our program, please email your CV and any available academic information (transcripts etc.). Interested parties should contact our departmental administrator Teresa Ortigoza ([email protected]).

Metro Health Medical Center: Cleveland, OH

Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Internship Opportunity

Start: February 1st, 2022 - June 30th, 2023

1 position is now available, this position is Paid

This Position requires a full Ohio dental license

Please email Dr. Alan Martinez ([email protected]) if you are interested

MetroHealth Medical Center department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery is looking to fill an internship position. The intern will be joined by rotating senior level residents from our affiliate program at Case Western Reserve University.

Our department has 3 attendings who practice full scope OMFS (Trauma, Pathology, Orthognathic, TMJ, OSA, Dentoalveolar)

Responsibilities include:

• Working the MetroHealth outpatient OMFS clinic
    • Performing dentoalveolar procedures (Extractions, biopsies, tori removal, etc)
    • Assisting and performing sedations with attendings
    • Seeing consults and follow ups of maxillofacial surgery patients (Trauma, Path, etc)
  • Taking primary call
    • Roughly Q3-4 primary call
      • This is split amongst the other intern and rotating CWRU OMFS residents
    • Trauma call every 3rd week (Trauma call is divided with OMFS, ENT and Plastics)
      • MetroHealth is a level 1 trauma center
    • Odontogenic infection call daily (There is a hospital GPR that covers first call for all dental concerns and small odontogenic infections)
  • Operating Room Experience
    • Main OR
    • Assisting on major maxillofacial surgery cases with attending and a senior level resident (Trauma, Pathology, Orthognathic, TMJ, etc)
    • Ambulatory Surgery Center
    • One on one experience with attendings on dentoalveolar procedures and small path cases performed in surgery center (3rds, FME, Tori Removal, Expose and Bonds, Enucleation and Curretage of cysts)
    • We have extensive block time at the ASC, you will leave this year feeling very comfortable with all dentoalveolar procedures
  • Inpatient Management of Patients
    • Learn and develop perioperative patient management after major maxillofacial surgery
    • You will round with the upper level resident on inpatients and assist in their management

If you are interested please email your CV and CBSE score to Dr. Martinez at [email protected]

Osteo Science Foundation OMS Research Fellowship

Designed especially for individuals in between dental school and OMS residency, the Osteo Science Foundation OMS Research Fellowship is a unique career development opportunity offering hands-on research experience in regenerative medicine with a strong one-on-one mentoring component.

Based at one of our participating sites, Fellows will get a career jump-start through this one-year, intensive lab-based training program focused on regenerative medicine research.

Duration: 1 year (July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2023)

Eligibility:
• Must reside in U.S. or Canada
• Completed U.S. or Canadian dental school, or in final year
• Intent to pursue career in OMS

Remuneration:
• Annual salary plus benefits

Participating Locations:
• Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA
• The University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX
• University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA

Apply December 21, 2021 through January 31, 2022

To learn more and apply, visit OMS Research Fellowship - Osteo Science Foundation

See attached brochure:

Attachments

• OMS Research Fellowship flier.pdf
    578.9 KB · Views: 171
OMFS research fellowship at Cook County Health

This one-year research position is designed for applicants interested in strengthening their research background and applying to oral & maxillofacial surgery training.

The fellowship is jointly hosted by the departments of trauma surgery and oral and maxillofacial surgery. This one year program consists of a didactic curriculum in research methodology and Biostatistics and one on one mentorship. Fellows will be expected to publish 4-10 peer reviewed publications during their fellowship year.

The research position is a non-paid position. Time commitment is 30 hours per week, with the remainder of the time to be used at the discretion of the fellow for outside employment or studying for the NBME CBSE examination.

Candidates must be U.S. citizens and a have a DDS or DMD degree from a CODA accredited dental school. Applicants are encouraged to obtain a dental license in the state of Illinois for possible outside employment.

Candidates that have already taken the CBSE examination, completed an oral & maxillofacial surgery internship, and have a history of prior scholarly work will be given preference.

Interested candidates should send an email with a CV, photo, dental school transcripts, and a brief personal statement regarding how OMFS clinical research could impact their future to [email protected]

Clinical Research Specialist, Penn Center for Temporomandibular Joint Disease & Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

This is a paid position and presents an excellent opportunity for individuals considering a career in OMFS. Works hours are flexible to allow for ample time to study for the CBSE or attend interviews. It would be expectant that the candidate publish several clinical articles to enhance their CV. Applicants will apply through the University, but can contact Eric Granquist for further details at [email protected].

Job Summary:
The Research Specialist with Penn’s Center for Temporomandibular Joint Disease is responsible for organizing, obtaining approval(s), and supporting the management of clinical research in oral and maxillofacial surgery with a primary emphasis on temporomandibular joint disease. This position will support ongoing initiatives as well as collaborate on the development of new clinical projects in the field.
  • Generate study designs for new protocols; prepare for the submission to the IRB. – 25%
  • Create and manage databases. – 25%
  • Monitor and analyze data for interpretation. – 25%
  • Prepare abstracts for scientific meetings and manuscripts for publication. – 20%
  • Perform other duties as assigned. – 5%
Experience/Qualifications:

Minimum requirement: bachelor’s degree with 0-1 year of related experience in research and clinical study methodologies. Preferably hold a doctoral degree in dental medicine or its equivalent. Expectations would be to manage ongoing and develop new clinical projects in the field. A robust interest in TMJ and maxillofacial surgery, with the ability to process the primary literature in this filed is required.

This position is ideal for a dental school graduate interested in an academic career in oral and maxillofacial surgery with the opportunity to engage in and conduct clinical research with faculty at the UPenn OMFS Department.

UTMB ORAL AND MAXILLOFACIAL SURGERY INTERNSHIP

We are currently taking applications for our internship position for the 2022-2023 year. We are a 4-year, full scope OMFS program. Currently, we accept one resident.

Program Overview
- facial trauma, malignant & benign pathology, microneurovascular head and neck reconstruction , dentoalveolar, surgical airway, implants, maxillofacial infections, and orthognathics
- function as OMFS resident in tight knit program. 12 months on service. Responsibilities include IV sedation, dentoalveolar, call, infections, trauma and assists on important cases
- Call is rotated between intern(s), 2nd year resident, and 3rd year resident
  • Call for facial injury is rotated every 3rd day with OMFS, Plastics, ent
Additional Information
- Weekly didactic schedule includes lectures given by both faculty and residents
- Dedicated OR on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, Clinics on M,T,Th,F
- Salaried position with full benefits
- Need ability for Texas Dental License

Please send CV to program coordinator, Rotesha Buckley, at [email protected]

Welcome to Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

Twitter UTMB _OMFS
Twitter: @UTMB_OMFS

Instagram UTMB OMFS
@utmb_omfs

Last edited:
The Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery at Rochester General Hospital in Rochester, NY now has two available positions for a one-year non-categorical Internship position starting July 2022. We are in the process of applying for CODA accreditation and hope to have two categorical positions open for July of 2023. We are a 528 bed facility which has recently been renovated to be a state of the art facility. Currently, we have 1 full time and 2 part time Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons whom you will work with. We have a recently renovated outpatient clinic a block from the main hospital which serves as our home base when we are not operating in the hospital. We have a broad scope of procedures that are performed by our faculty including dentoalveolar surgery, implants, orthognathics, pathology, TMJ procedures, and trauma. We will begin our virtual interviews in early February. You will be paid a PGY-1 salary.

YOU MUST BE ELIGIBLE FOR A NY STATE LICENSCE (Already completed or currently enrolled in an AEGD or GPR).

If you are interested please send your CV to [email protected] , [email protected] [email protected]

We have a new GPR program at LSU shreveport in the OMFS department. Emphasis in Oral surgery and exposure to OMFS is given in this program, including a sub speciality rotation .OMFS rotations along with OR experience during this rotation will also be given. Please use the link below

The program intensively trains general dentists to understand and competently manage complex dental patients of all ages – pediatric to geriatric. LSU Health Shreveport currently enrolls six residents per year and provides advanced training in all areas of dentistry. The residents will experience general adult and pediatric dentistry based in the clinics of Dentistry, a division of LSU Health Shreveport Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery. Residents will also gain general dentistry experience in community and private practice clinics.

Any questions please also contact Ms. Codi Carpenter at [email protected]

Last edited:
The OMFS Residency Program at Northwell Health - Long Island Jewish Medical Center now has 2 available positions for a one-year OMFS internship. Applicants must have completed at least a PGY-1 GPR or AEGD before the start of the program. The OMFS internships are fully funded positions starting at the PGY-2 level. If you are interested in this position, or would like additional information please email [email protected].

Clinical Research Specialist, Penn Center for Temporomandibular Joint Disease & Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

This is a paid position and presents an excellent opportunity for individuals considering a career in OMFS. Works hours are flexible to allow for ample time to study for the CBSE or attend interviews. It would be expectant that the candidate publish several clinical articles to enhance their CV. Applicants will apply through the University, but can contact Eric Granquist for further details at [email protected].

Job Summary:
The Research Specialist with Penn’s Center for Temporomandibular Joint Disease is responsible for organizing, obtaining approval(s), and supporting the management of clinical research in oral and maxillofacial surgery with a primary emphasis on temporomandibular joint disease. This position will support ongoing initiatives as well as collaborate on the development of new clinical projects in the field.
  • Generate study designs for new protocols; prepare for the submission to the IRB. – 25%
  • Create and manage databases. – 25%
  • Monitor and analyze data for interpretation. – 25%
  • Prepare abstracts for scientific meetings and manuscripts for publication. – 20%
  • Perform other duties as assigned. – 5%
Experience/Qualifications:

Minimum requirement: bachelor’s degree with 0-1 year of related experience in research and clinical study methodologies. Preferably hold a doctoral degree in dental medicine or its equivalent. Expectations would be to manage ongoing and develop new clinical projects in the field. A robust interest in TMJ and maxillofacial surgery, with the ability to process the primary literature in this filed is required.

This position is ideal for a dental school graduate interested in an academic career in oral and maxillofacial surgery with the opportunity to engage in and conduct clinical research with faculty at the UPenn OMFS Department.
Thank you everyone who has expressed interest. Below is the link to apply through the University. Please feel free to email with specific questions. We plan to interview early February

Workday

Last edited:
Non-Categorical Internship Positions (Non-Categorical PGY-1) available at Woodhull Medical Center Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.

The Woodhull OMFS program is an accredited 4-year OMFS Program in Brooklyn, New York. We practice broad scope OMFS and offer our residents the opportunity to serve patients in an exciting and highly diverse environment. 3 out of 3 of our current non-categorical interns matched into an OMFS Program this past 2022 cycle (4-year and 6 year). We participate in the Match and offer 2 categorical positions each year. We are looking for hard-working, self-motivated individuals to join our team this upcoming 2022-2023 year. Time off will be granted for any interviews in addition to your vacation.

The Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the Woodhull Medical Center will offer 4 non-categorical intern positions starting July 1st 2022. Please note: Eligible candidates must have completed a 1-year GPR with valid certificate or have a valid NY state dental license prior to starting.

Primary responsibilities will include the following:
1. Dentoalveolar surgery in a busy outpatient setting
2. Participation in the call schedule, responding to consults for maxillofacial trauma, oro-facial infections, and additional emergent conditions
3. Pre/peri/postoperative management in the in-patient setting

Educational opportunities provided by the internship program will include:

1) Weekly didactic lectures covering the entire scope of oral and maxillofacial surgery
2) Participation in weekly Grand Rounds
3) An introductory History and Physical course
4) Exposure to the management of oral and maxillofacial surgery disease and deformities in the operating room setting

Interns will receive the salary and benefits of a categorical PGY1 resident.
Further information about the program and its history can be found at:
Department of Dentistry/Department of Maxillofacial Surgery Residency Programs

The following documentation is required for consideration:
1) Graduate of a ADA accredited dental school
2) 3 letters of recommendation
 (2 of whom are Oral Surgeons )
3) CBSE score (if taken)

4) Dental school transcripts
5) Current CV

If you applied this previous cycle, please forward us your completed PASS application via email.
If you did not apply this cycle, please forward the above documentation via email.

If you are interested, please email required documents to the following email:
[email protected]
Jennifer Clouden (Residency Coordinator) on behalf of:

Earl Clarkson, DDS
Chairman and Program Director of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Woodhull Medical Center
Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
760 Broadway | Brooklyn, NY 11206

Applicants who are selected for interviews will be notified through email. We may request additional documents if necessary.

Thanks and good luck!