OrchWWestra sign-ups +/- game thread

Started by kaydubs
Tags Tags
werewolf
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

And every time I see WZ and Cheezit making the smoochy faces at each other I'm like

GRAB MY GUN IT MUST DIE
I mean, that kinda makes me want to grab a gun myself, but I already did the whole self lynching thing, and you can really only pull that stunt off once per game...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Aw it's ok cray. You're not a weak noob or a village idiot. You're the other wolf 😉
I realized that I personally would find all of you alive at lylo to be disaster as a wolf because I wouldn't think I could take you all on.

Then it dawned on me that's how I feel, I doubt that was what the pack had in mind keeping me to lylo

What's worse, I thought they would keep me for an easy mislynch (my typical theory) but they've been NK'ing me more recently because gasp, lately I've been town read. I wondered why no NK for me this time?

the 3rd reason to keep Cray around - you think she'll buckle at lylo
 
I realized that I personally would find all of you alive at lylo to be disaster as a wolf because I wouldn't think I could take you all on.

Then it dawned on me that's how I feel, I doubt that was what the pack had in mind keeping me to lylo

What's worse, I thought they would keep me for an easy mislynch (my typical theory) but they've been NK'ing me more recently because gasp, lately I've been town read. I wondered why no NK for me this time?

the 3rd reason to keep Cray around - you think she'll buckle at lylo
Maybe true. But let's talk about me. Why does a wolf pack keep me around at lylo, I wonder?
 
~Day 3~

I’m having a hard time reconciling my suspicions on Kata with my suspicions on Capri the way the D1 vote shook out. Would Capri vote with a packmate to secure a lynch?
Capri/Sporty makes sense to me. Not sure about the third wolf yet.

See above reasoning, could be applied to sporty as well.

After having wolfed with capri, I can say yes. I don't understand why this would disqualify them both as wolves.

Seeing as how I picked out wolf AM D1 the last time she wolfed, I am fairly confident in my read of her and paws right now.

Can you point me towards that game?

It was Reading WW.

I’m okay so far because her ignoring/forgetting/otherwise not answering questions reads more like confident village AM. Wolf AM feels overly touchy and responsive because she’s walking on eggshells.

ETA: when I first started playing the not answering questions straight or just ignoring them drove me up a wall (see age of the gods)

My vote is based on the theory that Capri broke the tie to save Dolphin (who i’d Lynch next if Capri flips wolf).


Going back to reading Day 1 it’s interesting that Sporty was on the Dolphin vote as it picked up steam (potentially bussing her) and then decided to make the tie because she saw sentiment turning towards shelter.
Given the Reading game and the above I do think a Capri/Sporty/Dolphin Wolfpack is likely especially given Sporty trying to swing Lynch away from Capri and onto Kata by trying to play me and Cray.

edit: kata not kara

I don't really see AM's question as fishing. Kata gave enough info away for the wolves to decide if they'd want to prioritize killing her. If AM were a wolf, I'm not sure it would've benefited her/them any for her to dig for more info.

Normally I feel good about Mel when he's a villager (cow throwing abilities excluded). Ditto on Cray.

I feel alright about Cray (and I think the wolves may have targeted her last night precisely because many people have her as leaning village). I do not feel alright about Mel. I also don't feel good about Dubz, as previously stated. Still not understanding the capri lynch.

Have we had a lynch tracker yet? @Animal Midwife, wanna do your girl a favor? 😉

(later that night...)

For clarification, I just really don't like the way she's been playing and I really think she's a wolf and I've wanted her lynched for like three days.

However I think I would now also be okay with a Mel lynch. I think they're my top two wolves

However @genny is a big question mark and I don't like that. There's literally just, not been enough for me to base an opinion on her.

I'm not seeing Dubz. I don't get it.

who are you seeing instead

Edit: I could twist this to make it suggestive but I won't

We really seem to be mindmelding this game. She just doesn't feel wolfy to me.

I still feel general discomfort with capri. And you're also making me nervous.

Okay but you do fit nicely in a pocket.
 
you're impossible to lynch is one
Which is why I usually theorize that wolves just don't bother to go after me during the day. Too much effort, they can just kill me instead.


To be fair this whole "perfect lylo" building thing kind of falls apart a little bit when you consider wolves only pulled off three kills
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Which is why I usually theorize that wolves just don't bother to go after me during the day. Too much effort, they can just kill me instead.


To be fair this whole "perfect lylo" building thing kind of falls apart a little bit when you consider wolves only pulled off three kills
and then when you don't get NK, it's perfect WIFOM action on their part

but then in later games as a wolf you capitalize on that

so really you're being set up to succeed

NOW we have once again rediscovered what my issue is when you live too long
 
Which is why I usually theorize that wolves just don't bother to go after me during the day. Too much effort, they can just kill me instead.


To be fair this whole "perfect lylo" building thing kind of falls apart a little bit when you consider wolves only pulled off three kills
yeah, the truth is I'm horrible at PR sniffing, so I would focus on killing veterans and leaving noobs and others I don't know as well, so wolf me's lylo usually has less of the people playing now and more of those currently dead

otoh, village me when she is at a loss is neophobic and lynches everyone she hasn't known as long

so yeah, good observation why it's not always good for village to off newer players and be left with this crowd at lylo

maybe I should stop sheeping AM & WZ and lynching noobs :thinking:
 
~Day 4~

@SportPonies Who is WZ partners with?

I like Mel or genny. Or both.


I asked Sporty a question. Still waiting on a response. As for capri, I'm watching for something.

ETA: Sometimes my votes do come late under specific circumstances.
Also, AM, my apologies but I think I missed your question that you're referencing. I skimmed this morning and probably lost it during that
I was wondering why you think it's Mel/WZ.

Lynch Sporty

Because she’s been voting with no solid reasonings that I can see (beyond feeling like dubz is off) and that’s not sitting right with me
I actually have energy tonight to work on preparing for my lab final so tbh I'm not gonna fight you all that much because I rarely have this kind of energy. I'm a xylophone.

However, do you really think I would've broken a tie like that last minute as a wolf? If capri is a wolf, it'd look real fishy on me later on if she flips... and if she's village, it would've been better to pretend I wasn't around and potentially let two villagers go down. Even if someone knew I was around, I could've pulled it off as "I like ties!"... because I do.
Or if you're a wolf, you'd know if Capri was a villager and you could have been hoping we'd lynch Capri today anyway and if she flipped village then used the fact that you tried to save Capri twice for village cred.

I'm tin-foiling hard today. I know. I'm okay with it.

:yeahright:

Only wolves should be this okay with tin-foiling this hard.

Unlynch Sporty

Re-reading, I have more in the village column than I do in the wolf column (ignoring my tin-foil-hat theory)

later response to someone asking why he unlynched

Because when dolphin flipped village, my capri/dolphin/sporty wolfpack theory was bunk and after I thought about it, I feel like wolf-Sporty wouldn't have blatantly dug Capri out of that lynch yesterday.

genny's post today is +1 village points

genny never gives you a lot to go on, and it drives me nuts

I DO NOT understand this business about Sporty beyond Mel's thoughts

kata - who are you? I need more.

unfortunately this isn't a massive 35 person game where we can lynch all the quiet players and people who we don't know as well, or I would have just started with those two, and cracked the Capri & Sporty & WZ & AM eggs.

Rather than go off on who strikes me as village... I'll focus on the sketch people.

WZ - I could see her as a wolf, but frankly I haven't played with her enough, and I find my gut either tells me she is too village to be true or a wolf, so basically I guess I want to lynch her all the time which then leads me to never lynch her. This time she seems villagey sketchy, like somewhere in between. Can't process although I would love to see her flip.

Capri - what makes her more sketchy than usual?

Sporty?

Paws?

Mel - the issue here is to explain to me why he's not a wolf. That's the question in my mind always. I don't start with him in the village pile and wait for him to come off sketch. I assume I will lynch him before game end unless I see sufficient reason to go for others and hold off on him, which usually is a quotient of how useful he's been to village. So far I have him village leaning but I would like to see what others think.

Can someone please explain what player on player interactions they are seeing that are leading to their views? I just don't follow.

Who else am I forgetting?

lynch WZ

my gut tells me it feels right

I could swing Capri or Sporty, but for the latter I could use some more reasoning.

And I'm not going to feel good about those alternate votes without some more arguments.

I'm also not going to feel good about Paws, Kata, and genny until we get more content from them or others can chime in why they aren't voting them.

Yes, I'm sheeping, yes I'm demanding that others make their case for their votes so I can make my case for mine. Yes I'm demanding to know why people aren't voting for the people they're not voting for (sorta backwards)
kata - who are you? I need more.

Mel - the issue here is to explain to me why he's not a wolf. That's the question in my mind always. I don't start with him in the village pile and wait for him to come off sketch. I assume I will lynch him before game end unless I see sufficient reason to go for others and hold off on him, which usually is a quotient of how useful he's been to village. So far I have him village leaning but I would like to see what others think.


1. Are you even reading? What more do you want from Kata?

2. Just general gameplay comment about how you read me: Thats so not fair that you walk into a game already giving me sketch points 😛

ETA: Ninja'd by Kata, I should really open the next page before I post.

Capri/Cray/???
but the more you post about how you're the villageryiest villager who ever villaged I'm thinking
Dubz/???/???

I'd believe capri/cray except that move at the end of d2 would have been pretty gutsy if cray didn't time it right.

Well excuse me for trying to defend myself when I've been sitting on the board all day and some people refuse to open their eyes
Besides, it's in my spreadsheet. "The worst villager there ever was" is also on there, but I digress.

The D2 lynch kerfuffle and Cray's most recent reads list are the reason I have them in a pack together. This smells a little like when Cray tried to dig out allie after I'd seered her in TWD. Saved from lynch and now trying to undermine it.

Yes, but if skim had self-prezzed any earlier, cray could have pushed capri into the lead. As it was she tied it and only barely got the unlynch in (I actually wouldn't have counted it because for me lynch would have ended right at 10pm, so anything after 9:59:59 would be out, but I digress).

Edit for clarity and because I'm bored/don't want to study


It was ballsy. Not going to lie. It’s a judgement call if Cray has gotten that ballsy lately. I don’t know either way but I’m taking a risk.


Sporty, AM, Paws, and Kata are my village bloc, I really want to put dubz there but it would go against the laws of nature for me to admit I'm village reading dubz.
I'm probably wrong about one person in that list.
Cray and Genny I don't have many village points for or wolf points for, so IDK I could go there tomorrow.
K, gonna go to sleep.

I figured out the pack is Mel and WZ. It is a nightmare prospect, it was teased out and actually occurred because when it RNG'd that way, it was too precious for this world.

This game feels like exactly what I would imagine would be the pack behavior of Mel and WZ in a small group.

so basically my vote is quite literally for whichever of them can be lynched tomorrow. I don't read any great arguments. But Mel and WZ don't feel normal.

I'd rather bet that one is a wolf, than to think there's any way that both are villagers. If either is a wolf, there is no way I can let them both live tonight. Not if I can help it. I'd rather go down with innocent villager blood on my hands (it is coming from WZ or Mel, tho) than let both of them get scot free. The idea that the two of them would ever have a sweep? Guys, if it's lylo, and you know who it is, let's kill whoever that is. If we seriously don't know, than I say it would be better to just not lose against Mel or a WZ/Mel pack abomination than anyone else.

I can't bring myself to contingency lynch vote either, but my vote is for whichever that village wants to off.
 
Why do the two of you keep talking like the game is over already? You're stressing me out.
Who, me? I don't think I was talking like the game is over...Maybe AM has me feelin the love. Look, I'm so much less stressed now because she has taken the entire outcome into her own hands.

And I'm fascinated by this reread.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
and then when you don't get NK, it's perfect WIFOM action on their part

but then in later games as a wolf you capitalize on that

so really you're being set up to succeed

NOW we have once again rediscovered what my issue is when you live too long
Oh I capitalize on a lot of things when I'm a wolf. Game like this? Sets me up perfectly for running village lynches the next time I'm a wolf. It's not what I hope for, I hope to one day be a good villager too, but I gotta work with what I got. Lynch armor is basically the only thing village me has going for her. And effort, I guess. I'll try real hard every time.
 
This feels like genesis all over again :yeahright:

Except Mel is still alive. Unfortunately.

@Animal Midwife @WildZoo which one of you is the villager on crack that isn’t seeing how freaking wolfy he is?
I WAS A VILLAGER AND A DAMN GOOD ONE UNTIL YOU VIG KILLED ME. Learn from your mistakes. I'm not a wolf.

ETA: Ninja'd by AM. and yes I'm still salty about every time I get vig killed.
 
Um I'm not gonna do today because I feel like y'all can probably already see the complete lack of talky talk between cray and sporty even now, which is just super duper weird, like I don't even understand it, feels kind of wild and too good to be true, but there we are. Working on D5 though.

You know what's gonna be real great is sporty gets lynched today, and assuming she is a wolf, then it's gonna turn out cray isn't and she'll be the night kill and then it'll just be me, AM, and cheezit and my head will explode.
 
Um I'm not gonna do today because I feel like y'all can probably already see the complete lack of talky talk between cray and sporty even now, which is just super duper weird, like I don't even understand it, feels kind of wild and too good to be true, but there we are. Working on D5 though.

You know what's gonna be real great is sporty gets lynched today, and assuming she is a wolf, then it's gonna turn out cray isn't and she'll be the night kill and then it'll just be me, AM, and cheezit and my head will explode.
:scared:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Omg I literally woke up this morning thinking we could totally lynch a wolf two days in a row and win and now this nonsense is happening.

I cannot wait to beat whoever the third villager is after this game is over.

I mean, you're claiming it's Mel/me, yes? So you should already know who the third villager is from this perspective.
 
Omg! A cray/sporty interaction! :corny:
This is ridiculous. I've been talking about her all game. I haven't interacted with her directly because so far in the game I haven't followed her contributions. Not because they aren't good, I'm sure others understand what I do not, it's basically standard. The same way I haven't followed her contributions is the same way that I haven't followed other people's reactions to her, which I've said over and over. She's frankly a huge blind spot for me.